Deepish live 1/2 hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deepish live 1/2 hand

I thought I would throw this hand from the other night to see if anyone has thoughts on what my play should be here.

I was a little drunk during the session and would prob be percieved as playing quite LAG by those at the table who know my play. villan has just sat down; villan2 has won a lot of big pots in the last half hour. We clashed on one hand early in the session where he trebled up from 120ish when he called two all ins on the turn with a flush draw and hit. we have not clashed apart from that. I do not know either of the lads in the hand. All of the figures re. stacks and bet sizes are approximations.

villan C/O 150 ish
    Hero BTN 750 ish
    villan2 BB 900 ish

Dealt to me AKo
    Action c/o raises 8; I re-raise to 20; BB calls 20; C/O calls 20.

Flop 39K two spades.
    BB bets 25; C/O raises all in 125 aprox; Hero?

I call anyway.

What happened next?

Comment

I'm calling here without doubt your ahead a lot more than your behind
      airport, lol

Comment

I think flatting here is fine. I don't like raising coz villain only calls with worse this deep. Do you hold As by any chance?
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

with no info on BB I'd call, most players donk bet with relatively specific ranges i.e bluffs/drawing hand or big hands, if I had a read his is one or the other I may raise or fold depending, as always it's kinda player specific.(not worreid about c/o)
          Also, If BB villain is an average player I'd flat most of the time, as calling somewhat gives away our hand on that board so we may be forced to fold by a v.good BB with nut flush draw for example but this is much less liley against a standard villain.
          (having or not having A is also an important factor?)

Comment

I knew I would omit important info when i posted this! I dont have a spade so no chance of re-draw if spade hits. Also I am fairly confident the BB is coming along here. I observed him protect his hand after the flop and he is paying a lot of attention to the action. will post rest in a min.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
              I knew I would omit important info when i posted this! I dont have a spade so no chance of re-draw if spade hits. Also I am fairly confident the BB is coming along here. I observed him protect his hand after the flop and he is paying a lot of attention to the action. will post rest in a min.
              Any hand he "protects" you have beat. Id call and call a shove I think

Comment

I called and the BB called as well.

Turn: 6 Spade, BB leads out for 200 and I insta-fold. BB had Q high flush; CO set of nines, river paired the board and he filled up.

I am not used to playing this deep (stack was spun up from a ton) and although the money was not scared I did feel a little uncomfertable. In a vacumn I also feel that my stack size was awkward. I might have shiped it with 300-400 and maybe minraised if I was deep enough not to be commited.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                  Any hand he "protects" you have beat. Id call and call a shove I think
                  I mean he pulled it towards him and kept it close to his chips as opposed to just kept his hands on it. Would you read that as weak as well?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    I think flatting here is fine. I don't like raising coz villain only calls with worse this deep. Do you hold As by any chance?
                    What the fuck was I on? I meant he only calls with better obv.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                      I mean he pulled it towards him and kept it close to his chips as opposed to just kept his hands on it. Would you read that as weak as well?
                      Sorry had read the op wrong, I thought you mean protect his hand as in lead the flop. Its tough so deep, as you said this hand is alot easier to play with a stack of <500. I think you played it fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X