How bad (or not) was my play here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad (or not) was my play here

Playing a 6 max sng and this is the hand that bubbled me. I was playing tight at this table and the villian was quite agg. Feel free to commenent, or insult :-) thanks in advance

Hero (BB): t2140 21.40 BBs
    BTN: t2635 26.35 BBs
    SB: t4225 42.25 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is BB with T :diamond: 6 :spade:
    BTN calls t100, SB calls t50, Hero checks

Flop: (t300) 9 :spade: 3 :diamond: 4 :club: (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t150, BTN folds, SB raises to t400, Hero raises to t2040 all in, SB calls t1640

Turn: (t4380) K :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t4380) A :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)
    Last edited by Jibbsman; 10-11-11, 16:44.

complete spew.

When you bluff try have some sort of hand that has a bit of equity.

Comment

yup, terrible.

also use http://www.handconverter.com/

Comment

Your line really doesn't make much sense! What was your thinking behind the hand? Was villian c/raising often with air? Why did you lead out on a board that smacks limpers in the face 3 handed?

Just check folding sounds so weak 3 handed and trust me I hate folding more then anyone but this just isn't a long term +ev play IMO. You were giving him 1.7/1ish (1640 to win 2890) on a call with your shove. Top pair no kicker is still getting it in 3 handed here most of the time vs random bb!!

I think you just needed to c/fold flop, i'm a big fan of leading at pots but not when the board is so wet to our opponents limping range.

Unlucky though. I'm a fan of the aggression
        Last edited by tglynn; 10-11-11, 04:00.

Comment

I dont think you need to be told how bad this is as id say you already know hence the reason you are posting it. You have spewed of 20bbs with a bluff in a pot you should never have got yourself involved. I personally would not have got involved and just check folded the flop but I actually dont mind your flop bet if its a bet with the intention of picking up the pot right there with that one bet and if not you give up on the hand. You say the villain has been playing agro so he is likely to complete here with any 2 cards meaning that there is every chance that he has hit some piece of the flop and as the flop doesnt have to many draw possibilities its pretty likely that he has a made hand at this point. I also feel he is rarely making this 3bet with complete air as the flop represents one that could definatley connected with the blinds. I just think that you will find a lot better spots with 20bbs to accumulate to your stack rather than a spewy 4bet bluff were its pretty clear your opponent has a made hand.

Comment

Yeah it was a complete blow up on my behalf, Villian had been c/raising quite often, but it had been successful for him hence his big stack. I had basiclly played and won just a small amount of pots in pos without showdown up to then, b4 this huge blunder.

Ps. How do I convert my hand with handconverter.com? Anybody?
            Last edited by Jibbsman; 10-11-11, 02:16. Reason: Ps.

Comment

If his check raises had gotten through in the past, then you've no reason to assuen he did it without some sort of a hand.
              You played back here for the sake of playing back.
              I hate every action you mane bar the check pre-flop

edit: To convert hands past the full HH into the box on the left, thne press the green convert button.
              you've edited the starts out of the OP which is why a copy/paste doesn't work
              Last edited by Mellor; 10-11-11, 02:39.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the bluff, but I'm not a huge fan of the replies either

You don't need to have any equity to make a bluff, but it is an advantage. There are plenty of other factors involved. In this hand you risked 1640 chips to win about 700, and considering you will be drawing dead when called, you need to be pretty certain its going to work. Also, you are on the bubble, any chips you win are not worth as much as the chips you might lose.

Comment

UL

your not repping much but he still needs a hand to call
                  Last edited by nicnicnic; 10-11-11, 03:16.

Comment

Poker Stars $13.79+$1.21 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 3 players - View hand 1510567
                    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): t2140 21.40 BBs
                    BTN: t2635 26.35 BBs
                    SB: t4225 42.25 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is BB with T :diamond: 6 :spade:
                    BTN calls t100, SB calls t50, Hero checks

Flop: (t300) 9 :spade: 3 :diamond: 4 :club: (3 players)
                    SB checks, Hero bets t150, BTN folds, SB raises to t400, Hero raises to t2040 all in, SB calls t1640

Turn: (t4380) K :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t4380) A :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Got it :-)

Comment

Wouldn't give out too much about it. You felt he was CR'ing too much so it's good to go with what you thought. It just would have been better with a hand like 10J etc where you can be semi-confident you will have 6 outs should he call. I think Hectorjelly's post sums it up perfectly.

Comment

$$$$$ooooooooooooo....... you are playing $15 6max sng on stars,,, is that right????
                        and your sn is jibbsman?
                        yeah?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

dear lord... CIB/fold 650, to save 1k for exact same result
                          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                            $$$$$ooooooooooooo....... you are playing $15 6max sng on stars,,, is that right????
                            and your sn is jibbsman?
                            yeah?
                            Don't really play at that limit.
                            I've been playing 3.50 full ring sngs mainly and some 12 6max 3.50 sngs also.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibbsman View Post
                              Don't really play at that limit.
                              I've been playing 3.50 full ring sngs mainly and some 12 6max 3.50 sngs also.
                              Think you missed the punchline

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                                Think you missed the punchline
                                No I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibbsman View Post
                                  No I got it.
                                  Can somebody explain it to me?

Comment

Working...
                                  X