45 seat SNG - Final table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45 seat SNG - Final table

8 remain. 6 paid. Do we find a fold in this spot?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t22019)
    CO (t6170)
    Button (t6255)
    Hero (SB) (t1830)
    BB (t10590)
    UTG (t10431) Playing 26/15 over 40 hands.
    UTG+1 (t2295)
    MP1 (t7910)

Hero's M: 3.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9
    UTG bets t1200, 5 folds, Hero ??
    May you live in interesting times!

Never ever.

Comment

Im all in. Altho his raise looks strong considering he dont have much behind from that position ( always seems to spell trouble when guys raise like that and leave a little behind). you dont have enough chips to be folding this hand with the blinds at what they are . I would go all in . but i could see how some might fold. im guessing he has KK/AA
      You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post
        Im all in. Altho his raise looks strong considering he dont have much behind from that position ( always seems to spell trouble when guys raise like that and leave a little behind). you dont have enough chips to be folding this hand with the blinds at what they are . I would go all in . but i could see how some might fold. im guessing he has KK/AA
        I think villains raising range hardly matters here (in the context of my decision). 99 is definitely in my shoving range given I have 5BB left though I know I'm getting called every time and at best flipping vs a big ace or crushed by an over pair.

If the raise was from a later position and we had enough chips it is likely villain could be made to fold. Given that it's UTG opening it's basically AJ+ at this stage.

Comment

your the short stack with 5bb. textbook shove. your thinking that 2 players might get knocked out in the next round before the blinds go through you again and you might mincash which could happen but with the top heavy payout structure that would be the wrong move longterm.

Comment

+1

This sort of thinking is what makes the bubble so profitable for good players (not trying to imply that you are bad). In this situation, can you think of a good reason(s) to fold?

Comment

Originally posted by SandTiger View Post
              your the short stack with 5bb. textbook shove. your thinking that 2 players might get knocked out in the next round before the blinds go through you again and you might mincash which could happen but with the top heavy payout structure that would be the wrong move longterm.
              I wouldn't expect to min cash at this stage. Nor is it the objective. The money is all in the top 3 in these games.

It's possible we see a better spot to double or tripple up during the orbit though.

I'm not at all unhappy about shoving this or missing the bubble if and when I miss the board and opponent hits.

I'm more curious if there was ever an argument for looking for a better spot. I haven't run the hand through an ICM calc yet so I'm not sure what it would say.

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
              +1

This sort of thinking is what makes the bubble so profitable for good players (not trying to imply that you are bad). In this situation, can you think of a good reason(s) to fold?
              I see no point in folding and hoping to min cash. If other players are aware of the table they should see I'm short stacked and do their best to take advantage of this and not give me chips.
              Last edited by bp_me; 31-07-10, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                I think villains raising range hardly matters here (in the context of my decision). 99 is definitely in my shoving range given I have 5BB left though I know I'm getting called every time and at best flipping vs a big ace or crushed by an over pair.

If the raise was from a later position and we had enough chips it is likely villain could be made to fold. Given that it's UTG opening it's basically AJ+ at this stage.

this is totally diferent situation . if you have 5k and his raise is from MP . Is he folding AQ/88 for half his stack ? . probably not imo

Comment

[/B]

this is totally diferent situation . if you have 5k and his raise is from MP . Is he folding AQ/88 for half his stack ? . probably not imo
                  Probably getting away from the point of the thread. I really shouldn't have commented on hypothetical situations but to answer your question...

To my mind if villian is opening from late mp or late position we can expect their range to be a lot wider than UTG and a shove for half their stack or more (when they still have sufficient ability to fold) should see them fold a lot of those openers that aren't in the AT+ 77+ range.

Comment

An M of 3, never ever folding here. How can you fold? I don't think there are much better spots than here tbh. GG. NH

Comment

Probably getting away from the point of the thread. I really shouldn't have commented on hypothetical situations but to answer your question...

To my mind if villian is opening from late mp or late position we can expect their range to be a lot wider than UTG and a shove for half their stack or more (when they still have sufficient ability to fold) should see them fold a lot of those openers that aren't in the AT+ 77+ range.
                      u will have to excuse me aswell not really used to disussing hands. But id have a nice bit of expierience in these type of sngs. Im not really sure what him raising from different position and you having a diff stack has to do with your question. I know my range in LP or CO in his situation would be very wide . Q8s 910 etc. And would be obv folding to 5k shove.

Comment

Im not really sure what him raising from different position and you having a diff stack has to do with your question.
                        Absolutely nothing.

Excuse the tangent

Comment

i think its a push. what more can you expect in this sisuation.
                          You have 4.5 BBs.
                          http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

push and scream hold at the screen
                            bit like this guy
                            but he obviously lost the loots

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

i really dont think you can ever fold when your just this short! it could be AA's ir could be pocket 66's he's a big stack at the table and could be trying to run the table

Can i ask what did you have in your BB that you folded such as huge % of your stack for? what happened as i feel you never should have got to this spot in your small blind!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post

Can i ask what did you have in your BB that you folded such as huge % of your stack for? what happened as i feel you never should have got to this spot in your small blind!
                                QTo facing a 5xBB raise from the SB.

Comment

QTo facing a 5xBB raise from the SB.
                                  O snap it in no problem with that hand! SB never has a massive hand like AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ etc may have A or K haigh but you have two live cards a lot of the time which is good enough given your stack size and pay structure!

Comment

Working...
                                  X