This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i wrong to be slowrolled?

Ok i'm going to make this public because i feel as though i'm not wrong here. I just want some opinions from fellow IPBer's.

Playing a sidegame and we are gone through a few levels and a few bustouts. I'm UTG and shove, villian stands up and says "who is all in?" and eventually goes all in with AA. He wins. Game over. I question him saying "why did you slowroll me?" he says "what are you talking about?" and i say "you slowrolled me you prick" as i was in the heat of the moment obviously. It gets a bit heated and i walk away. I'm followed by the TD who says i should apologise for what i said (i did apologise) but should i really? the chap just spat in my face and i'm upset about it. I have been slowrolled a few times over the few months and have bitten my tongue. I don't moan about bad beats, i don't have any beef with anyone that i play with and have only good things to say about them really, but this is just aload of shit if you ask me. Ok so i go onto another side table and a lad starts saying "a slowroll is when you have a unbeatable hand when all 5 cards are down" he's just shit stirring and looking for a reaction which is not on.. then the "slowroller" comes to the table and buys in..he goes allin in the SB and says to the BB "call me im just a slowrolling bastard" so i just had to get out of there i gave my chips to the dealer and walked out. Just for the record I never slowrolled anyone in my life and have never talked shite about anyone out of these games behind their backs. Should i really be made out to be the villain when someone has just spat in my face?

It's hard to tell from your description of the hand if you were slowrolled or not, what position was he in, did he have you covered etc.

Regardless, you calling him a prick at the table isn't on.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

You should have introduced him to Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary.
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
        It's hard to tell from your description of the hand if you were slowrolled or not, what position was he in, did he have you covered etc.

Regardless, you calling him a prick at the table isn't on.
        You can take it from my word that i was slowrolled. Yeah calling him a prick is a bit OTT i do regret my words. But i shouldn't be in this position and warnings are never issued over slowrolling..its not on imo. His mate was sitting beside him and said to him "why did you just slowroll him?" and he just brushed it off like he did nothing lol. He is picking something personal with me and i don't know why? He has the problem, not me!

EDIT- i was UTG he was UTG +1 with about 4/5 people to act.. yeah he was miles chipleader
        Last edited by IPB Champ; 27-04-10, 00:46.

Comment

he may have wanted to know how much the allin was to decide if it might be better to call and maybe get another player into the pot. when you called him a prick he decided to get a rise out of you?

Comment

Originally posted by J10spades View Post
            Ok i'm going to make this public because i feel as though i'm not wrong here. I just want some opinions from fellow IPBer's.

Playing a sidegame and we are gone through a few levels and a few bustouts. I'm UTG and shove, villian stands up and says "who is all in?" and eventually goes all in with AA. He wins. Game over. I question him saying "why did you slowroll me?" he says "what are you talking about?" and i say "you slowrolled me you prick" as i was in the heat of the moment obviously. It gets a bit heated and i walk away. I'm followed by the TD who says i should apologise for what i said (i did apologise) but should i really? the chap just spat in my face and i'm upset about it. I have been slowrolled a few times over the few months and have bitten my tongue. I don't moan about bad beats, i don't have any beef with anyone that i play with and have only good things to say about them really, but this is just aload of shit if you ask me. Ok so i go onto another side table and a lad starts saying "a slowroll is when you have a unbeatable hand when all 5 cards are down" he's just shit stirring and looking for a reaction which is not on.. then the "slowroller" comes to the table and buys in..he goes allin in the SB and says to the BB "call me im just a slowrolling bastard" so i just had to get out of there i gave my chips to the dealer and walked out. Just for the record I never slowrolled anyone in my life and have never talked shite about anyone out of these games behind their backs. Should i really be made out to be the villain when someone has just spat in my face?
            If he was anywhere but the big blind this is borderline ok. I hate the standing up and asking who is all in bit, I'm only considering calling because it's you act. If he did this in the BB then he deserves a huge kick in the nuts because that is a slowroll. Calling him a prick at the table is always going to cause hassle for you for obvious reasons so I wouldn't go that far.

The crap at the other table is designed to get a reaction and both those guys are obviously clueless as to table etiquette or are just pricks. Sounds like the latter. UL mate.

Comment

You can take it from my word that i was slowrolled. Yeah calling him a prick is a bit OTT i do regret my words. But i shouldn't be in this position and warnings are never issued over slowrolling..its not on imo. His mate was sitting beside him and said to him "why did you just slowroll him?" and he just brushed it off like he did nothing lol. He is picking something personal with me and i don't know why? He has the problem, not me!

Well I can say in all honesty that i've never ever intentionally slowrolled anyone and I think it's bang out of order for anyone to do it, there are one or two people I know i'd be willing to make an exception for though!

If you've no history with the guy then yeah, he was out of order but it happens alot so forget about it and don't get so upset over it, it'll more than likely happen again, say nothing and take his money by way of retribution imo. don't forget to smile after cleaning him btw!
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

unless he is in the BB this isn't a slowroll

Comment

if he is any position other than last to act then is this is definitely not a slowroll,

he can take as long as he wants to try and induce action behind him etc

calling him a prick is not nice but in the heat of the moment stuff happens, (at least you apoligised after)

i had a funny slowroll before online, two big stacks final table i flop nut flush value shove river on a paired board and he uses his entire timebank and calls with the second nutz
                  http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the opinions guys yea maybe he wants to induce action after himself but i did think it was more like he was taking a snipe at me. Yeah i did opologise for what i said cause i did think it was out of order.

And no i won't be playing against him anymore only so much shit you can take of people. Like i said i have no beef with anyone and don't expect people talking crap and slowrolling me for their fun. I can rise above this crap but really just wanted to get it off my chest and this is the best way possible. Just really upset about all this shite .

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                      if he is any position other than last to act then is this is definitely not a slowroll,

he can take as long as he wants to try and induce action behind him etc

calling him a prick is not nice but in the heat of the moment stuff happens, (at least you apoligised after)

i had a funny slowroll before online, two big stacks final table i flop nut flush value shove river on a paired board and he uses his entire timebank and calls with the second nutz
                      He obv put you on quads to be shoving the river but had to pay you off

Comment

Thanks for the opinions guys yea maybe he wants to induce action after himself but i did think it was more like he was taking a snipe at me. Yeah i did opologise for what i said cause i did think it was out of order.

And no i won't be playing against him anymore only so much shit you can take of people. Like i said i have no beef with anyone and don't expect people talking crap and slowrolling me for their fun. I can rise above this crap but really just wanted to get it off my chest and this is the best way possible. Just really upset about all this shite .
                        I know you a good while mate and I never saw you get upset so it makes me think you are probably right about him doing it to get at you for some reason.
                        You're one of the best players at the games I play in and I hate it when you are at my table. Maybe he is jealous and wanted to make you suffer just when he knew he had you. If so he is quite sad. I wouldn't let it get to me though. You'll always have the last laugh against guys like that.

Comment

You weren't slowrolled at any point in the hand. You actually come off far worse than this guy in the hand.

Comment

Ul man u weren't slowrolled but I can understand why u got annoyed cause sometime's situation like this look like a slowroll!

Ps. It tilts me when ppl use slowrolling as in slow playing a hand
                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

fairly sure i wasn't slowrolled now ..........mods can lock this when they see this

Comment

mods can lock this when they see this
                                No problem to open it again if you want...

Comment

Working...
                                X