Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Allen cues off his jaw. Painful to watch this match

Comment

I'm loving it because if King wins, i'll have a juicy sweat on Dale to beat that guy that you beat years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        I'm loving it because if King wins, i'll have a juicy sweat on Dale to beat that guy that you beat years ago
        No, the match is good it's just fundamentally these two are painful to watch.

Also neither has any heart/bottle

Comment

Lol, twitch much

Comment

Dott v Ebdon is 9/4 to be the longest match of the 1st round.
            lol at these 2 back out at 10.45 with the game @ 8-6. They could still be playing at 3am!

Comment

King is a bigger buckler than Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                King is a bigger buckler than Allen
                Maybe not, bottle central out there

Comment

Held it together well in the end. WP

Comment

Nice sweat tomorrow Tony so:-) If Dale is to beat Trump just let it be 10-9 and trump has 9 centuries so I get some sweepstakes points

Comment

Very early stage and kind of irrelevant seeing as only 1 of Zuutroy's guys has played, but here's the update anyway!

Comment

Century for Dott in the last as he beats Ebdon 10-6

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                          Dott -3.5 @ 11/10 in running is big imo. Ebdon is not near the opponent he used to be, has not done much so far, and I cant see him scoring heavily enough to worry the handicap.
                          Shippage (but not in the manner I had hoped!)

Comment

Shippage (but not in the manner I had hoped!)
                            Torture in every sense of the word waiting to get that one up lol

Comment

Was thinking that this year must smash previous years for having the most number of left handed players in the tournament?

Mark Allen
                              Judd Trump
                              Neil Robertson
                              Jack Lisowski
                              Mark King
                              Mark Williams
                              Barry Hawkins

I can only think of another 6 left handers that have played at the crucible

Jimmy White
                              Andy Hicks
                              Ian McCulloch
                              Tony Meo
                              Dean Reynolds
                              Darren Morgan

7 must be the most or anyone know anything different?

Comment

Robidoux, Drago?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  Robidoux, Drago?
                                  Ooops yep those 2. Know that you mention it, i remember that Ronnie's game v him was one of the first where he played 3-4 frames left handed including a century and Robidoux was pissed at him thinking he was just toying with him! Can't believe i forgot Drago!

Comment

Poomjaeng gone the slightest favourite for the first time in the match by taking that frame to go 8-7 up. Man, he's painful to watch and it's getting to Maguire a bit, but another exciting end to a match

Comment

Switched over to catch the end of the Trump match. Would love to get a gif of Dale's reaction when Trump missed that blue off the spot!

Comment

If Maguire gets beat, Robertsons route to the semis is distinctly generous.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          If Maguire gets beat, Robertsons route to the semis is distinctly generous.
                                          4/6 available on Robertson reaching the semi

Comment

4/6 available on Robertson reaching the semi
                                            Wouldn't be going in on him that short but in terms of my outright bet he's had a lot of good fortune before even hitting a ball. Obviously has to go out and do it but he could be very fresh come the semi, whereas Selby could run into an in form Ding which could go the distance.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              Robidoux, Drago?
                                              Neither of these guys are left handed

Liang is left handed, Perry Mans aswell.
                                              Last edited by Wesley Harms; 23-04-13, 19:04.

Comment

Neither of these guys are left handed

Liang is left handed, Perry Mans aswell.
                                                FU for confusing me Zuutroy!

Comment

Maguire game back on

Edit - Eurosport a few mins behind Livescore, who are a few mins behind real time ffs
                                                  Last edited by Flushdraw; 23-04-13, 20:54.

Comment

This Thai dude is as odd as hell and kinda likable, in saying that I don't think I want to see anymore of him after tonight!
                                                    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Got me reading about Robidoux to see what happened him.

Bizarre stuff, got given his cue as a young player by an auld lad in Canada - and every summer he sent it to the auld lad to touch it up for the new season.

Then in 1997 as he reached the heady heights of No9 in world he got sponsored by Riley who stamped their name on the butt of the cue as part of the sponsorship deal. Robidoux sent it off for the summer repair job as usual, and the master sent in back in a dozen broken fragments due to his disgust at the sponsorship name on his workmanship.

Robidoux forced to use a new cue didn't win a game the following season, and ended up off the tour a few years later.
                                                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 23-04-13, 23:24.

Comment

drama in the Megawat's game!

Comment

Who's the guy commentating with Joe Johnson on Eurosport right now, he's been doing it for years and jesus he is hard to listen to.
                                                          Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Switched over to catch the end of the Trump match. Would love to get a gif of Dale's reaction when Trump missed that blue off the spot!
                                                            About 50 seconds in

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

My bet on Ding to have the highest break of the tournament getting tougher. 140 was a good benchmark, but 142 by Trump and now 143 by Robertson means he just needs to go for a maximum in the next round

They paid out on shortest frame under 7.59 btw, just incase anyone else was on it.

Comment

Murphy to beat Dott, max bet @ 1/2. Should have way too much much in hd, -2.5 @ evs also seems overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                  Murphy to beat Dott, max bet @ 1/2. Should have way too much much in hd, -2.5 @ evs also seems overpriced.
                                                                  Yep, agree. 1/3 on Trump to beat Fu should be doubled with it imo. Fu was pretty out of sorts against Stevens and despite Stevens being complete shite, he still pushed Fu, while Trump never got out of 2nd gear despite getting a 143 along the way. Have them and Selby in bets together and also going to do Murphy, Trump and Selby to beat the Handicap treble.

I'm going to put Carter to beat Ronnie into a bet with Walden to beat Robertson (should be get through) and and have a punt on R2 Bingham/White double.

Will probably punt a few more in running games because i'm up a bit from the 1st round thanks these and a few others. Could have been better because i was freerolling ~€2k with Dale vs Trump, but Trump never went worse than 1/5 in the game and didn't have a big enough roll online to green up a decent amount on it.

Aftetiming ftw

Comment

You've had a good start with your multipiles, keep it up.

Yeah, Trump should beat Fu comfortably, I prefer the 1/3 than taking the h'cap.
                                                                    I personally wouldn't touch Carter, he's only beaten O'Sullivan once and that was a nothing match.
                                                                    White to beat Poom @ 4/7, would have thought it'd be a lot shorter. -1.5 @ 8/11 also.

Comment

You've had a good start with your multipiles, keep it up.

Yeah, Trump should beat Fu comfortably, I prefer the 1/3 than taking the h'cap.
                                                                      I personally wouldn't touch Carter, he's only beaten O'Sullivan once and that was a nothing match.
                                                                      White to beat Poom @ 4/7, would have thought it'd be a lot shorter. -1.5 @ 8/11 also.
                                                                      Yeah i've lost a few bets aswel but up a decent amount so can't complain. Really should have hit someone from a loan to back Trump and get myself €300 but i'm a betting fish

There's usually a 2nd round match starting before all 1st round games are finished, but not this year so it's a short day and then can look properly. Still have some Quarter betting, outrights and High Break/Centuries running so hoping it continues!

Comment

Trump at 1/3 is a shocking price. Dont back him at that price. Marco Fu is a big game player. he is the bet imo.

Carter wont beat Ronnie either, lighting cash on fire.

Comment

Trump at 1/3 is a shocking price. Dont back him at that price. Marco Fu is a big game player. he is the bet imo.

Carter wont beat Ronnie either, lighting cash on fire.
                                                                          Seriously? I would have thought that he was a massive underachiever, he doesn't win jack shit.
                                                                          Last edited by thedini; 25-04-13, 10:40.

Comment

Seriously? I would have thought that he was a massive underachiever, he doesn't win jack shit.
                                                                            Because he doesnt win as many events as his talent probably deserves doesnt mean he is a bad player. Fu is a big match player, you will struggle to find someone out there with a better record against Ronnie. He will be really tough to beat.

He just seems to lack the mindset to finish the job as regards winning events

He is a really big scorer (i know it doesnt seem like it, everything Fu does seems to go unnoticed) he is in the top 10 of all time century makers.

Im not saying he is a lock to beat Trump, just the prices are wrong and thus makes Fu the bet.
                                                                            Last edited by Wesley Harms; 25-04-13, 10:47.

Comment

Because he doesnt win as many events as his talent probably deserves doesnt mean he is a bad player. Fu is a big match player, you will struggle to find someone out there with a better record against Ronnie. He will be really tough to beat.

He just seems to lack the mindset to finish the job as regards winning events

He is a really big scorer (i know it doesnt seem like it, everything Fu does seems to go unnoticed) he is in the top 10 of all time century makers.

Im not saying he is a lock to beat Trump, just the prices are wrong and thus makes Fu the bet.
                                                                              That's fair enough, we'll just have to disagree on the pricing, also his record at the crucible is beyond dismal for a man with such talent and scoring prowess.

Comment

Just because you can beat Trump doesn't mean Fu is capable.

Comment

That's fair enough, we'll just have to disagree on the pricing, also his record at the crucible is beyond dismal for a man with such talent and scoring prowess.
                                                                                  I agree, his record is shocking. And i thought when i saw the draw that Trump was the bet, most likliest winner, and still is that but no longer a bet for me @ 1/3.

Its why punting is so much fun when half a point can swing your entire opinion

Comment

I think the 11/4 available on Hawkins vs Selby is pretty big and definitely offers the most value of the 2nd round matches already confirmed.

Obviously Selby is on form this year being world number 1 and winning the UK and the Masters and got to the final of the last tournament the China Open. Hawkins did beat Ding in the 1st round there but lost in the 2nd.

They match up quite evenly on head to head records (Selby leads 5-4) and Hawkins beat Selby 10-3 in the 1st round of the World's last year (albeit Selby had the neck injury at the time).

Based on the first round performances of both players I believe Hawkins can edge this one and is certainly value at 11/4

Comment

Robertson so careless in this session.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

I think the 11/4 available on Hawkins vs Selby is pretty big and definitely offers the most value of the 2nd round matches already confirmed.

Obviously Selby is on form this year being world number 1 and winning the UK and the Masters and got to the final of the last tournament the China Open. Hawkins did beat Ding in the 1st round there but lost in the 2nd.

They match up quite evenly on head to head records (Selby leads 5-4) and Hawkins beat Selby 10-3 in the 1st round of the World's last year (albeit Selby had the neck injury at the time).

Based on the first round performances of both players I believe Hawkins can edge this one and is certainly value at 11/4
                                                                                        Agree 100% with this view. Hawkins is tough, and I think it will be close, so obvious value in 11/4.

I also think a small bet for interest on Mark King against Ding at 4/1 is not neccessarily burning money. King is a tough match player, and never fazed by the big occassion imho, and the one thing Ding doesnt enjoy is a battle. If both players play the same as they did in round 1, then this is going to be much closer han the bookies think. (maybe its a case of the heart ruling the head here as King is such a likeable guy, and Id love to see him beating Ding)

Comment

Posted in the BBV last night that I thought Milkins looked to be striking the ball beautifully. Meant to stick a few quid on him at 100-1 earlier today but never did. Watched the end of the match and while Robertson missed and an awful lot of pots Milkins potted some balls in the final few frames. Pity he hadn't got his head together a few years back as he looks like a guy with all the natural talent in the world. His ability to cue over a ball is incredible. He plays a shot in the final frame cuing over a ball that he plays with loads of side off the cushion across the table that was wonderful under so much pressure.

Opr

Comment

Dott mightn't be hugely popular but he an unbelievable match player/competitor & then he goes and does that with the re-spot, what a gift...
                                                                                            Lets get the job done now Shaun...!
                                                                                            "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Have to say that the Murphy/Dott match was compulsive viewing. really enjoyable. Hats off to dott for his determined comeback, but in all fairness, Murphy was the better player and showed great bottle to recover his composure and resist the onslaught.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                Have to say that the Murphy/Dott match was compulsive viewing. really enjoyable. Hats off to dott for his determined comeback, but in all fairness, Murphy was the better player and showed great bottle to recover his composure and resist the onslaught.
                                                                                                Yep, totally agree. Some of the safety battles were fantastic and you could see how much every single frame meant to both players. Thought Dott was going to get it back to 12-12 and clinch it, but he made one mistake too many. I expected to be watching the Selby/Hawkins game, but it was pretty compulsive viewing. Murphy will defo have to up his game though to go further because he won't get away with missing as many pots as he did when he plays Trump in the next round.

Comment

Good effort so far this morning from Fu to get back to only trailing 8-6. He'd love to go into the final session 9-7 down. I always enjoy listening to Alan McManus commentating. He's really current and on the ball with his analysis and blows the likes of Taylor and Thorne out the water and i think he's the best of the lot. Reminds me of Olivier Busquet commentating on poker.

Comment

Come on Marco

Comment

ffs Selby is playing dreadful

Comment

ffs Selby is playing dreadful
                                                                                                        Bottom half of the draw has been an absolutely hopeless standard which is quite surprising.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Trump, different class.

Comment

Trump, different class.
                                                                                                            Funny scenes trying to replace the reds after the second foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                              Funny scenes trying to replace the reds after the second foul.
                                                                                                              Unreal, there were still a few a good bit off.

Comment

Was wondering if any significant history existed between O'Sullivan and Carter as watching the highlights and Ali looks like he wants to club Ronnie to death after he hits down between frames. Commentator just mentioned he hasn't beaten him in 12 attempts so I guess that's it.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                  Was wondering if any significant history existed between O'Sullivan and Carter as watching the highlights and Ali looks like he wants to club Ronnie to death after he hits down between frames. Commentator just mentioned he hasn't beaten him in 12 attempts so I guess that's it.

Opr
                                                                                                                  They kinda hate each other.. Goes back years..

Comment

Ronnie v Ali match shaping up nicely.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Backed Walden -1.5 @ 5/4 pregame and this has turned into more of a sweat than i had hoped for!

Comment

Backed Walden -1.5 @ 5/4 pregame and this has turned into more of a sweat than i had hoped for!
                                                                                                                        He held it together well to win by 2. Nice bet

Comment

Nice 1 Tony. i watched this game and was impressed with Walden. Always liked him as a player and felt he never did himself justice over the last few years. He seems to be thriving with all the extra tourneys these days. On watching the White/Poomjaeng match, I commented that if White was going to play Walden in the quarter final, (didnt know whether he would be playing Walden or Milkens at that stage), it should be easy money by backing Walden.
                                                                                                                          I see on bet365 that Walden is 4/7 for the match and 4/5 on the handicap (-1.5). I think he's an absolute certainty on both counts.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X