AK in the BB facing raise and 3 bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK in the BB facing raise and 3 bet

Over 30 bigs on the BB - MP1 playing 50 bigs, opens 3x, button playing similar 3bets to 7.5x

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 30 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) (t9335)
    UTG (t18834)
    UTG+1 (t3691)
    MP1 (t15288)
    MP2 (t16431)
    MP3 (t10523)
    CO (t17380)
    Button (t15518)
    SB (t13699)

Hero's M: 14.47

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
    2 folds, MP1 bets t750, 3 folds, Button raises to t1850, 1 fold, [color=#CC3333]

Hero ?
    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Readless i'm shoving. We've a huge hand, we've only got 30+BB and a ton of fold equity because we look quite strong here with any action. I cannot see myself folding personally unless the 3-bettor is a total nit and even then he 3-bets QQ and JJ aswell as AA and KK i'm sure.

Although with stacks I suppose he could easily just flat QQ and JJ and play in position.

Still though, people love three betting their button these days deep. They've both got stacks here whereby if the 3-bettor is competent he could easily be full of shite and at it light. If i'm crushed, it's a cooler and so be it.
    Last edited by peterswellman; 28-01-12, 00:05.

Comment

Ship the sherbert Carl, absolute no brainer.

I'm guessing you did just that and ran into aces or kings? Doesn't make the shove wrong though.

No doubt Blaah or one of his fanboys will be along shortly to contradict me,lol.
      Last edited by dannydiamond; 28-01-12, 03:05.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

No, I min raised 4bet, what's the plan on the flop?

Hero raises to t2950[/color], MP1 calls t2200, Button calls t1100

Flop: (t9245) 7, 3, 8 (3 players)
        One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
          No, I min raised 4bet, what's the plan on the flop?

Hero raises to t2950[/color], MP1 calls t2200, Button calls t1100

Just shove pre Carl, I'll have a look at how to fix it in a few mins when I get a chance.

Edit: shove the flop now.
          Last edited by dannydiamond; 28-01-12, 03:18.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
            Just shove pre Carl, I'll have a look at how to fix it in a few mins when I get a chance.
            Ok, here's how it played out:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 30 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) (t9335)
            UTG (t18834)
            UTG+1 (t3691)
            MP1 (t15288)
            MP2 (t16431)
            MP3 (t10523)
            CO (t17380)
            Button (t15518)
            SB (t13699)

2 folds, MP1 bets t750, 3 folds, Button raises to t1850, 1 fold, Hero raises to t2950, MP1 calls t2200, Button calls t1100

Hero bets t2250, 2 folds

Total pot: t9245

Results:
            Hero didn't show A, K.
            Outcome: Hero won t9245

I just thought the shove was wrong this deep and it would probably be looked up by at least 1 of them whereas the min 4 bet looks super strong.

The small flop bet took it down.

still paying it btw, 39/69. 2800 runners, 6k up top

Comment

What do you do if either of them ship over you on the flop?

Comment

What do you do if either of them ship over you on the flop?
                Call and pray

Comment

Call and pray
                  Sounds like you alright.

Comment

Ship the sherbert Carl, absolute no brainer.

I'm guessing you did just that and ran into aces or kings? Doesn't make the shove wrong though.

No doubt Blaah or one of his fanboys will be along shortly to contradict me,lol.
                    Contradict, heavens no, stopping from giving horrendous advice, hell yes! Fanboys? you sound almost jealous

You got this one right. Every dog has his day shiiiiiiip the loots pre and be happy!
                    Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                    My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                      Contradict, heavens no, stopping from giving horrendous advice, hell yes! Fanboys? you sound almost jealous

You got this one right. Every dog has his day shiiiiiiip the loots pre and be happy!
                      I was getting paid on every minute on the unders on how long it would take you to post. Two mates took the bet, cheers Jason, you exceeded even my expectations.

Comment

I was getting paid on every minute on the unders on how long it would take you to post. Two mates took the bet, cheers Jason, you exceeded even my expectations.
                        Last edited by blaaaaaaah; 28-01-12, 19:20. Reason: Deleted cause Meh just not worth it

Comment

Ok, here's how it played out:

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) (t9335)
                          UTG (t18834)
                          UTG+1 (t3691)
                          MP1 (t15288)
                          MP2 (t16431)
                          MP3 (t10523)
                          CO (t17380)
                          Button (t15518)
                          SB (t13699)

2 folds, MP1 bets t750, 3 folds, Button raises to t1850, 1 fold, Hero raises to t2950, MP1 calls t2200, Button calls t1100

Hero bets t2250, 2 folds

Total pot: t9245

Results:
                          Hero didn't show A, K.
                          Outcome: Hero won t9245

I just thought the shove was wrong this deep and it would probably be looked up by at least 1 of them whereas the min 4 bet looks super strong.

The small flop bet took it down.

still paying it btw, 39/69. 2800 runners, 6k up top
                          I hate the way you played this hand and your reasons for it.

You're not particularly deep. You've less than 40 bigs with a chance of adding over 30% to your stack holding Ace high without seeing a flop. I'll settle for that every time.

MP knows that the button isn't folded so you're giving him over 3/1 to call. Once he does, the button is getting over 7/1 and you're going 3 to a flop with AK OOP which isn't a great spot to be in. Once you get there, you should be shoving the flop.

Comment

Out of interest, what's the cut off point in terms of big blinds that we shouldn't be shoving here? Is this stack about the max we should shove? And if we're not shoving, are we flatting or 4 betting? I find myself in this situation quite a bit.

Comment

I read your post alright, I just try and ignore rants from keyboard warriors.
                              The one thing worse than a keyboard warrior is a keyboard warrior that doen't have the courage of his convictions.

Hope you managed to fit all the toys back in your pram, must have been some squeeze with your head taking up most of the room.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                Out of interest, what's the cut off point in terms of big blinds that we shouldn't be shoving here? Is this stack about the max we should shove? And if we're not shoving, are we flatting or 4 betting? I find myself in this situation quite a bit.
                                Wouldn't mind hearing a few other opinions on it, but if i can add 20%+ to my stack pre without going to a flop i shove. There's 2995 in the pot so if i've 15k i'm shoving. In certain situations, i'd shove 20k to add 15% but it'd depend on image and stats. In 95% of small stake tournaments on stars, you don't have to worry about balancing your range so i'm happy to shove pre

Comment

I read your post alright, I just try and ignore rants from keyboard warriors.
                                  The one thing worse than a keyboard warrior is a keyboard warrior that doen't have the courage of his convictions.

Hope you managed to fit all the toys back in your pram, must have been some squeeze with your head taking up most of the room.
                                  I have no probs dealing with this to your face. No keyboard warrior ere my friend. Whenever they thaw you out for your one festival a year roll be sure to bring this bs with you. Now can we move on and let this be until we meet. That be great thanks.

Comment

Apologies for the derail 40something, ok Danny/Jason I don't think there is a need for any of the words that have been exchanged on this thread, Danny I don't see why you had to get a shot in at Jason out of nowhere for no reason, you two are competent poker players so should easily be able to discuss the way the hand played out in a civil matter.

Also Danny I have picked up upon that you use this default line "I was getting paid on every minute on the unders on how long it would take you to post. Two mates took the bet, cheers Jason, you exceeded even my expectations." or variations to other folk why you need to goad and antagonise a situation is beyond me, Jason you had the foresight to delete a post you made but then went and posted something a little more ott later on defo not cool, lads please just chill and relax and not let this escalated further than it has to, getting a little messy around here lately we don't wanna be dishing out any more bans.
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                      Apologies for the derail 40something, ok Danny/Jason I don't think there is a need for any of the words that have been exchanged on this thread, Danny I don't see why you had to get a shot in at Jason out of nowhere for no reason, you two are competent poker players so should easily be able to discuss the way the hand played out in a civil matter.

Also Danny I have picked up upon that you use this default line "I was getting paid on every minute on the unders on how long it would take you to post. Two mates took the bet, cheers Jason, you exceeded even my expectations." or variations to other folk why you need to goad and antagonise a situation is beyond me, Jason you had the foresight to delete a post you made but then went and posted something a little more ott later on defo not cool, lads please just chill and relax and not let this escalated further than it has to, getting a little messy around here lately we don't wanna be dishing out any more bans.
                                      Yeah i'm not sure where this hated relationship came from tbh but i have to disagree with the bolded bit. We both know that one of them is a donk. I'm not gonna say too much, but it's not Jason

Comment

I have no probs dealing with this to your face. No keyboard warrior ere my friend. Whenever they thaw you out for your one festival a year roll be sure to bring this bs with you. Now can we move on and let this be until we meet. That be great thanks.

My nine year old lad behaves like this sometimes at the hint of a disagreement aswell, he's only a child though so it's to be expected to a certain extent.

I apoligise if you've missed me at the festivals but I've been busy online, I'll be attending a few live games this year so you'll have ample opportunity to carry out your 'threat'.

You're making some arsehole of yourself, you're consistent in that regard though I'll give you that.
                                        Last edited by dannydiamond; 28-01-12, 22:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                          Yeah i'm not sure where this hated relationship came from tbh but i have to disagree with the bolded bit. We both know that one of them is a donk. I'm not gonna say too much, but it's not Jason
                                          Fk you Baitson, wedding present budget just got halved.

Comment

Does anyone know have any online threats ever resulted in a slap or a chair being hurled etc?
                                            Or does it be all hugs and kisses when people meet.
                                            Danny saw your interview in fitz for some tourney you have a golden voice.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                              Does anyone know have any online threats ever resulted in a slap or a chair being hurled etc?
                                              He dreams of being this guy

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Cheers. I just need to be discovered now. No bs, my aunt in Boston was supposed to set up some voiceover work for me, never happened though.I must get off my arse!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                  He dreams of being this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w6En3e4jsI
                                                  That guy with a house perhaps!

I prob need to look for a new way to make a living though as aparrently the game has 'passed me by'.

50 hours a week playing and 12 hours a week studying and coaching obv isn't working.

Comment

That guy with a house perhaps!

I prob need to look for a new way to make a living though as aparrently the game has 'passed me by'.

50 hours a week playing and 12 hours a week studying and coaching obv isn't working.
                                                    Why dont you apply to be a horse in blaahhhs stable?

Comment

Why dont you apply to be a horse in blaahhhs stable?

If I wanted to listen to a big headed arsehole telling me what to do I'd have stayed in my old job.

Comment

If I wanted to listen to a big headed arsehole telling me what to do I'd have stayed in my old job.
                                                        Very harsh the lad has excellent results he still young and has had some health problems.
                                                        A bit of arrogance - coinfidence is fine imo.

Comment

had really high hopes for this thread

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Very harsh the lad has excellent results he still young and has had some health problems.
                                                            A bit of arrogance - coinfidence is fine imo.
                                                            Cheers sickpuppy. I appreciate it mate but don't waste your time he's just not worth it.

Comment

lol.

Comment

Cheers sickpuppy. I appreciate it mate but don't waste your time he's just not worth it.
                                                                In for the nip now and staking begging etc wp me

Comment

Can't we all just get along?

Comment

shove pre

SPOILER
                                                                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

You were warned and didn't listen. 3 day ban might help the hearing. Any more BS from anyone will result in more of the same. Get back on topic or don't post please everyone.

Comment

Ya know things are bad when Mick is the voice of reason in a thread!

Comment

Working...
                                                                        X