Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are people thoughts on United signing Ashley Young?

Hes not a bad ball player but hes hardly a signing that will make Barca etc quake in their boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      100%

When you have a 10, 8 and a 17 month old, you need Disney Jnr, Nick, Disney Channel and others, It's vital. Sky Sports for me and the Ironing Channel and stuff for the missus
      On freesat you get

Children

600 CBBC
      601 CBeebies
      602 CITV
      603 POP
      604 POPGirl
      605 Tiny POP
      606 Kix!

I have no idea about the content on any of these channels.

Full list here: http://www.freesat.ie/index.php?cat=...5e45ee566a8833
      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        I'm guessing they need important stuff like Nick Junior and Disney channels
        Kids adjust easily we went from Sky to fta.
        The kids watch cbeebies, channel five, Pop and Tiny pop etc.FFS we survived on Bosco an Sile Seilide.

Comment

still can't for the life of me understand Murray being a 5/1 shot for the title - should be at least 20/1 imo
          Del Potro looks awesome atm in his match, might be a spot of value

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
            On freesat you get

Children

600 CBBC
            601 CBeebies
            602 CITV
            603 POP
            604 POPGirl
            605 Tiny POP
            606 Kix!

I have no idea about the content on any of these channels.

Full list here: http://www.freesat.ie/index.php?cat=...5e45ee566a8833
            Yeah same channels we got in Spain last year. Not a HandyManny, Mr Moon, Mickey Mouse, Special Agent Oso etc got the baby. No Zach and Cody, Sonny with a Chance, Suite Life on Deck etc for the 2 kids so it didn't go down well!

Just need Sky to cough up and give us our money and the next 3 months for free to save any hassle!

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post

Hes not a bad ball player but hes hardly a signing that will make Barca etc quake in their boots.
              One things for sure, he'll be taking the corners, man

Can't believe I never noticed that before...
              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Tramadol Nights was excellent.
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                  One things for sure, he'll be taking the corners, man

Can't believe I never noticed that before...
                  Who is that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                    Del Potro looks awesome atm in his match, might be a spot of value
                    not for the title

that be crazy talk
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

not for the title

that be crazy talk
                      He well capable if back to his best.

Comment

every top side in Europe is hoping someone else beats them before the CL final.

Comment

Who is that?
                          Marlo from 'The Wire', which if you haven't seen, for the love of god watch it!
                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Who is that?
                            Ashley Young.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Rachel from Countdown will more than make up for it.
                              who?
                              what happened to lovely Carol? I presume the delightful Richard is still making marginally risque puns?
                              She's looking well today

Comment

The worst case scenario is we tell Sky we're leaving and send them a legal letter and they pull the plug, we can't get replacement TV here becasue NTL etc don't cover this area!
                                Comreg regulate Sky here.
                                You should be able to get UPC via MMDS up there. you should also have the option of putting up an aerial for BBC and RTE.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

still can't for the life of me understand Murray being a 5/1 shot for the title - should be at least 20/1 imo
                                  Tennis equivalent of Jordan Henderson being €20 million.
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                    what do people make of Frankie Boyle? I find him very funny but it seems nobody else does?
                                    unfunny can only get cheap laughs by explaining that person X isn't as attractive as person Y and pathetic attempts to be down with the cool kids by laughing at disability etc. Pathetic human IMO he's not a comedian at all and should go get a grown ups job.

Comment

A sad discovery today. Simona Halep, who just lost to Serena Williams, made the unfortunate decision to get breast reduction surgery. Spitting in the face of nature!

***NSFW***
                                      SPOILER

Before:

After:

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

But Murray at 5/1 is terrible value.

Comment

in fairness to the Hurricane I'd rather back Del Potro than Murray ftw

but anyway, I will leave my Murray-bashing until his inevitable QF\SF exit, punctuated by screams and anguished looks towards Mummy in the player's box

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                                            A sad discovery today. Simona Halep, who just lost to Serena Williams, made the unfortunate decision to get breast reduction surgery. Spitting in the face of nature!

***NSFW***
                                            SPOILER

Before:

After:

I like to think that the reduction has messed up her balance and she will have to get them back

Comment

Yeah same channels we got in Spain last year. Not a HandyManny, Mr Moon, Mickey Mouse, Special Agent Oso etc got the baby. No Zach and Cody, Sonny with a Chance, Suite Life on Deck etc for the 2 kids so it didn't go down well!

Just need Sky to cough up and give us our money and the next 3 months for free to save any hassle!
                                              dosn't sound like there is going to be much hassle for sky imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

On freesat you get

Children
                                                605 Tiny POP
                                                Tiny POP is actually pretty cool, lots of funky Australian kids programmes - sustained me through a couple of rainy afternoons on holidays

tell Sky to feck off FD!

Comment

Just tell them Zach and Cody killed the rest of the other shows after going on a cocaine binge and they'll never show them again, and winners don't do drugs.

Then get Saorview.

Comment

Of course a lot of those sorts of programs are just on permanent repeat so I'm sure a cousin of yours might have all of them already.
                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Of course a lot of those sorts of programs are just on permanent repeat so I'm sure a cousin of yours might have all of them already.
                                                      one of my cousins supplied me with enough Dora and Thomas the Tank Egine to last a lifetime

Comment

I think when trying to improve your team doing so with the aim of "bettering Barce" is a waste of time. They are an exception to competitive rule. We havnt seen a team like them in a number of years. Just look at the talent of the spain U21s at the moment, all of which cant get near the Barce team.
                                                        tldr: Barce gonna Barce

I think Young is a super signing for United. His composure on the ball and set piece delivery is very good. He can play off the top and will bring nice competition to the wing for United. ATM think he's better value than Jones

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        Henman Murray will always be underpriced for these events. The british public have a lovely disregard for money when it comes to their own.

England for the World Cup anyone?
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

"double-handed backhands should be outlawed from the game of tennis"

discuss

Comment

discuss
                                                            Get Out.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              unfunny can only get cheap laughs by explaining that person X isn't as attractive as person Y and pathetic attempts to be down with the cool kids by laughing at disability etc. Pathetic human IMO he's not a comedian at all and should go get a grown ups job.
                                                              have to say i never heard of this guy prior to he being mentioned on the bbv today, so i youtubed him and i was fairly dissapointed to say the least. in fact stand up comedy isn't stand up comedy anymore it is more like a guy walking around stage with a microphone in his hand just popping off onliners one after another. its not the guy is funny its his oneliners,as a matter of fact if you ask a random guy in the pub to read off a list of onliners he will have the pub in stitches. but ask him to do an impression of billy connelly, that blackguy in america that got accused of child molesting or even brendan grace and they can't, no matter what they will do it just won't sound right or even funny.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

discuss
                                                                I would rather see singlehanded forehands banned to see who can adjust

Comment

discuss

it creates more jiggling so it should be allowed

Comment

Wow I just head about the capture of Whitey Bulger now. This guy has fascinated me for years, well just the whole thing about the winter hill gang and all that happened afterwards with him being top dog in Boston but also a grass for the FBI and then his brother being such a highly respected politician. And then how he evaded capture for so long despite being on the FBI's top ten most wanted all that time.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

big sell-off today in the markets

I blame Noonan, the daft lunatic

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                        The british public have a lovely disregard for money when it comes to their own.

England for the World Cup anyone?
                                                                        A bit unfair on our British friends. I'm sure we have just as much disregard(if not more) when it comes to our own.

Comment

I think the most important thing to come out of the Whitey Bolger capture is that The Departed ending is now somewhat spoiled for those that haven't seen it because all news reports are pointing out the fact one of the characters is based on him...
                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I knew today was the day for a PLO spin up

Best 36 hands of my life not even god runs this good

Comment

discuss
                                                                              I'll go one better than that. They should get rid of the second serve. The game of tennis is far too imbalanced towards having a strong serve. Getting rid of the second serve would mean players would have to get every serve right, resulting in slower serves, more rallies, and a more balanced, exciting game. Aces would become rare again, and Andy Roddick would instantly drop 10 places in the world rankings.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Getting on Soderling now, Hewitts lack of matches may start to tell
                                                                                Cert now, unlucky Lleyton

Comment

Ship the sweet exam results!!!! A qualified teacher now I guess!

Comment

big sell-off today in the markets

I blame Noonan, the daft lunatic
                                                                                    can I sell you a "Noonan is not Competent" t-shirt?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                      Gruesome thought having you 'teaching' kids anything

Comment

Don't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6prFILM DESCRIPTION:The Escapist director Rupert Wyatt takes the helm for this Planet of the Apes preq...

Comment

When moving out of a house do you have to give Bord Gais/ ESB notice, or just call them a couple of days before moving out ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                            Would people really care?? Like does anyone ever go back and read the BBV on Boards.ie?
                                                                                            I am sure they don't read it religiously but there has been some great posts in it and always good to dig them up once and awhile, also gotta factor in that Raoul will lose 98% of his post count.

With the site still acting the bollox since the new BBV thread I doubt it is that.

Not the point. Get rid of the thread and TylerDurden and Flushdraw will start there own site and we will got there
                                                                                            With your new loot you could bankroll it for a bit that way you could be guaranteed Finkel
                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                              With the site still acting the bollox since the new BBV thread I doubt it is that.
                                                                                              Hasn't acted up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                Hasn't acted up for me.
                                                                                                Must be my laptop then, hmm I wonder does anyone give laptops a once over for a reasonable price. eg A "Spring Clean" for €30..Now there's a business idea
                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

discuss
                                                                                                  Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                  I'll go one better than that. They should get rid of the second serve. The game of tennis is far too imbalanced towards having a strong serve. Getting rid of the second serve would mean players would have to get every serve right, resulting in slower serves, more rallies, and a more balanced, exciting game. Aces would become rare again, and Andy Roddick would instantly drop 10 places in the world rankings.
                                                                                                  feck it, they should get rid of the net and the lines while there at it.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

won't somebody think of the children?

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                      Must be my laptop then, hmm I wonder does anyone give laptops a once over for a reasonable price. eg A "Spring Clean" for €30..Now there's a business idea
                                                                                                      there was someone doing that once upon a time... mehh probably gone out of business by now, ahh well

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                        A bit unfair on our British friends. I'm sure we have just as much disregard(if not more) when it comes to our own.
                                                                                                        We have less opportunites i suppose. But with their larger populations they seem to all weigh in equally.

For england to hold such a solid position in the world cup, or any of these tennis players in such liquid markets
                                                                                                        (or even, best case in a long while, getting 6/5 on Man Utd on match day when they should have been 4/5 or less)
                                                                                                        . . . it just shows the unbelievably warped mass public opinion the British public has with their sports stars
                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Congratulations , we need a lot more teachers like you, enjoy it while you can and try not to burn out too soon.

Comment

when do you get fitted for the tweed jacket with the leather elbow patches?

And what are the odds on Hitch actually having one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                              We have less opportunites i suppose. But with their larger populations they seem to all weigh in equally.

For england to hold such a solid position in the world cup, or any of these tennis players in such liquid markets
                                                                                                              (or even, best case in a long while, getting 6/5 on Man Utd on match day when they should have been 4/5 or less)
                                                                                                              . . . it just shows the unbelievably warped mass public opinion the British public has with their sports stars
                                                                                                              it's not just Britain

remember that Japanese horse that went off odds-on (on the Pari-Mutuel) for the Arc a few years back? Now that was insanity. Think it got disqualified too!

Comment

I'd say any jacket Hitch owns is probably padded and zipped up from behind

Comment

make your own imo

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Congratulations , we need a lot more teachers like you, enjoy it while you can and try not to burn out too soon.
                                                                                                                    Ha it is a strange game the old teaching, like at the moment, basking in the glow of the summer months, carefully avoiding the pitfalls of falling into a job,it seems tough to imagine facing the kids again ever, but once back in the classroom literally would not do anything else,genuinly doesnt feel like work (most of the time obv). Have had some spine tinglingly good moments teaching,moments which just leave you feeling so so positive.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Closed_Account; 23-06-11, 15:21.

Comment

McEnroe must be tilted off his head watching all the terribad line calls at Wimbledon this year,I bet he's thinking I told you so.

Comment

Have had some spine tinglingly good moments teaching,moments which just leave you feeling so so positive.
                                                                                                                        last bell of the school year, yeah?

Comment

Hewitt is knackered, good call Hurricane. What price did you get?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X