Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chip Race - Ireland's Weekly Poker Podcast

Hi everyone,

Dara O'Kearney, Daragh Davey and I have a new podcast, covering poker in Ireland and the UK. It's called 'The Chip Race' and Episode 1 launched last night.

This is a little intro for the show.

Our guests were Tom Kitt, JP McCann and Willie Elliott and you can watch the full episode here.

You can follow us on @thechiprace or check out our Facebook page.

Hope you enjoy it!
    My website and Blog: dklappin.com

Haven't listened yet but I welcome and applaud the initiative in doing something like this.
    Last edited by IrishScandie; 18-03-15, 15:45. Reason: spelling

Comment

I enjoyed this far more than I thought I would.
      Couple of (very) small production tweaks might be required but the content is very good.

Kittser will be a hard guest to top, Chris will have to pull out all the stops next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
        I enjoyed this far more than I thought I would.
        Couple of (very) small production tweaks might be required but the content is very good.

Kittser will be a hard guest to top, Chris will have to pull out all the stops next week.
        hopefully the tweaks do not include a drunken john oshea and our friend nicky power doing there usual commentary

Comment

Excuse my technological stupidity - but when i get to the ChipRace site, how do I listen to the podcast?

All the shows up (on my laptop anyway), is a grey square type image under your main pic (grey image has 'sound cloud' on it, but nothing to click. Could well be my computer ... but in general, what does one need to listen??

Thanks and gl.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
            Excuse my technological stupidity - but when i get to the ChipRace site, how do I listen to the podcast?

All the shows up (on my laptop anyway), is a grey square type image under your main pic (grey image has 'sound cloud' on it, but nothing to click. Could well be my computer ... but in general, what does one need to listen??

Thanks and gl.
            Weird, maybe its a flash issue of something but the link off the front page to episode 1 is in a few places on it. Heres the direct soundcloud link which should work either way though.

Welcome to the first episode of The Chip Race, Ireland's weekly poker podcast. I am your host David Lappin alongside Dara O'Kearney and each week we'll be bringing you news and more from the Irish and
            They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
            Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Thanks Darragh. Actually the problem is me - to use Soundcloud you must have Internet Explorer 10, I haven't updated in a while ....

Comment

Really good listen lads, wp.

Comment

I enjoyed this.

Would probably make sense to have a broad mix of guests early doors, to appeal to as many listeners as possible. I.e. some of the old school, some of the Northerners, the fairer sex, some of the big names coming over for the Irish Open and other events...

Similiarly, I think the target audience should really be UK & Ireland from the get go ...

Comment

Well done. Very professionally sounding product with good content. I liked the way you used music to break up the parts. Content sounded researched and informed.

Would listen to more ....
                    Last edited by Lplated; 24-03-15, 07:09. Reason: Cos I can't spell

Comment

Really like the show. Long overdue.

Being honest, the music is not necessary imo. I'd rather the precious time you have was spent on poker but thats just my opinion. ~45mins is perfect. Very well done otherwise.

Comment

Just catching up on Episode 2 - glad to see the standard maintained. It's interesting in a 'magazine-style' type way, i.e. you don't spend to long on any given issue or topic.

Looking forward to the rest. Gl.

Comment

Really enjoyed the first two keep up the good work.
                          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Episode 3 is up http://thechiprace.com/episode-3/ all support and feedback appreciated thanks.
                            They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke

Comment

Episode 4 is up after a slight delay featuring interviews with Kevin Killeen, Emmet Kennedy and Ludovic Gelich http://thechiprace.com/episode-4/

Comment

Better each week. Wp lads

Comment

New episode out now!

This week we feature Rebecca McAdam, Fergal Nealon, Barney and Bridie Gribbin, David Curtis as well as a sneaky cameo from Kara Scott and Emmet Kennedy!

Comment

The Gribbin interview was great. Really good ep

Comment

The highlight was certainly the MidniteCowboy talking about ladies fashions....

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
                                        The highlight was certainly the MidniteCowboy talking about ladies fashions....
                                        Haha, ya i had no follow up on it, asked the question then quickly realised i had no idea what she was talking about....well my wife says you look great anyways..and back to the poker

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                          Haha, ya i had no follow up on it, asked the question then quickly realised i had no idea what she was talking about....well my wife says you look great anyways..and back to the poker
                                          It's good to have a balanced range in these interview spots ...

Comment

Episode 6 now up featuring Neil Channing, Nick 'Rounder63' Carrillo and Jason Tompkins http://thechiprace.com/episode-6/

Comment

This week we have an 80-minute bumper episode for you! We have an exclusive interview with the biggest winner in the history of Irish poker Andy Black, Fergal Nealon sits down for yet another engrossing conversation with one of the characters of Irish poker, this time with school teacher and poker veteran Annette O’Carroll and Dara O’Kearney raises the bar with his most difficult strategy bit to date. We also speak to International Poker Open Tournament Director Stephen McLean

This is the end of season 1. We hope to be back for season 2 after a few weeks hiatus.

Comment

Really enjoyed the interview with Annette my Fav part of the series by far.

Taking a bit of an exception to the first time Boyles gets a mention on the show is Lappin saying at Boyles are in the process of pulling out of the Irish Market. We are running 2 live events per Month at this stage as well as qualifiers to numerous others. Our (very proud) presence in Grassroots Irish Poker is at an all time high even given the fact we've chosen to drop the Ipo form our portfolio.

I enjoyed Season 1 and look forward to Season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                  Really enjoyed the interview with Annette my Fav part of the series by far.

Taking a bit of an exception to the first time Boyles gets a mention on the show is Lappin saying at Boyles are in the process of pulling out of the Irish Market. We are running 2 live events per Month at this stage as well as qualifiers to numerous others. Our (very proud) presence in Grassroots Irish Poker is at an all time high even given the fact we've chosen to drop the Ipo form our portfolio.

I enjoyed Season 1 and look forward to Season 2.
                                                  I mentioned you

Comment

Ciaran - I'm glad you enjoyed the show and I'm sorry you feel that way. My question to Stephen could have been better expressed. I know Boyle are still running events and I should have phrased my question a lot better.

To address the point of it being Boyle's first mention, all I can say is I invited John O'Shea on the show but he was unavailable. I would also gladly have give airtime to any events you were running or had coming up had you contacted me as did Conor, Dave Curtis and Stephen. In the case of JP I asked him but that was because the show didn't exist before his episode. It would have been great to get you into the studio for a chat and I hope you can come in at some point next season.

My hope for the chip race is to cover everything and anything in Irish poker and I would always prioritise a bit on an upcoming event over another bit.

How's about we get something Boyle-oriented onto the first ep in the next batch? Seems only fair. You can also give out to me on air for mid-representing Boyle's poker ambitions.

Comment

Originally posted by LAPPIN View Post

How's about we get something Boyle-oriented onto the first ep in the next batch? Seems only fair. You can also give out to me on air for mid-representing Boyle's poker ambitions.
                                                      If nothing else Megatron is clearly one of the characters of Irish poker so sounds like a good solution

Comment

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
                                                        one of the characters of Irish poker, this time with school teacher and poker veteran Annette O’Carroll

Just listened to this, great interview.

Comment

Was surprised to see the last post for this was after Season 1, so not sure if anyone has been keeping updated the lads progress. They’re now into Season 4 which is another 18 episodes since Season 1 ended.

Season 4 has kicked off with some top guests like Phil Laak, Andrew Neeme, Jared Tendler and Charlie Carrel to name a few. Other guests from the 2nd/3rd series include Jennifer Tilly, Patrick Leonard, Niall Farrell, William Kassouf and Jake Cody along with some Irish interest such as Padraig Parkinson, Daragh999 and Nick O Hara.

Nice to see this going from strength to strength for Dara and David. The most listened to episode of Season 1 raked In 1,483 listeners on Soundcloud, and the most recent 1 day old episode featuring Charlie Carrel has already reached 1,452 listeners.

The two-time GPI Global Poker Award Winning Poker Podcast hosted by David Lappin and Dara O'Kearney, with Barry Carter. Strategy Videos and Artwork by Tigerfruit.com. Sponsored by Unibet Poker.

Make sure to check them out because there’s some really good content and they’ll no doubt get even bigger and better guests as they grow!

If you want to see their ugly mugs, they're even doing some interviews on cam, like the Jennifer Tilly and Phil Laak ones.

Dara O'Kearney & David Lappin chat with WSOP bracelet winner and Oscar nominated actress, the fabulous Jennifer Tilly, for Season 3 Episode 5 of The Chip Race.

Poker legend Phil 'The Unabomber' Laak sits down in Las Vegas with Dara O'Kearney and David Lappin for a MUST WATCH interview for the Unibet Poker sponsorred...

Comment

Thanks Tony, really happy with response since we came back. We have been a bit light on Irish content since we had Daragh but we are making it more if a priority in the new year, and we have some amazing international guests lined up. Next show will be our biggest ever for sure as we have by far our biggest guest ever lined up
                                                            My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

We got Hellmuth!

Latest episode is as we expected by far our biggest ever, featuring poker legend, 14-time WSOP champion Phil Hellmuth

We’ve also got poker author Tommy Angelo, Poker Strategy editor Barry Carter and strategy with highroller Charlie Carrel

Next up we have part 2 of our Hellmuth interview and we will also be joined by author and live tells maestro Zachary Elwood, winning Nations Cup Of Poker team-member, Fintan Gavin and my satellite strategy disciple Carlos Welch
                                                              My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Just for anyone that forgot about this; the second half of the Phil Helmuth interview was out last week (Fintan Gavin also on that episode), and they've got the next one too (featuring George Danzer and Redbet's Kat). Defo worth a listen.

The two-time GPI Global Poker Award Winning Poker Podcast hosted by David Lappin and Dara O'Kearney, with Barry Carter. Strategy Videos and Artwork by Tigerfruit.com. Sponsored by Unibet Poker.
                                                                Last edited by Flushdraw; 26-01-18, 08:17.

Comment

The guys are back with Season 6!

Last season's guests included Neil Channing, Patrick Leonard, Tonkaaaa, Griffin Benger, Mike Leah, Maria Konnikova, and the phenom that is Phil Helmuth. Hoping for more of the same for this season!

1st ep of the new season here - https://soundcloud.com/thechiprace

Comment

Working...
                                                                  X