This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    I've an interview and a presentation coming up if ye would like to do that for me when ye're done with jam flys essay
    anyone ever do the 'get reddit to write your essay'? I don't use reddit but it sounds like a good concept.
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

The plan was to spend the first few paragraphs talking about the various ways they try to appropriate a clean environment. Stuff like talking about the economic cost assigned to human lives and how you can never really put a $ value on a life etc
      Following that, then talk about private industry and the many negative effects it has on the environment.
      ah, that question implies all types of companies not just private companies

You should have no problem googling that, it has been beaten to death. id say there is a million pages answering that question

Sign up to grooveshark, its free make a playlist or pick any random one and get plagirisng. http://grooveshark.com/.

your angle seems perfect ( however even the government assigns economic cost to human lives)

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
        The focus would be on private companies and their effect on the environment, so I think you could take the angle that you disagree that private companies = enemy of the environment, but going into real enemies of the environment = large public companies is probably stretching it a bit.

Here's the question (not sure how wide those plagiarism software programs check but said I better not copy and paste to be sure!):

The plan was to spend the first few paragraphs talking about the various ways they try to appropriate a clean environment. Stuff like talking about the economic cost assigned to human lives and how you can never really put a $ value on a life etc
        Following that, then talk about private industry and the many negative effects it has on the environment.

Nobody came here for a lecture in communism!

Comment

I have failed with my stalking skills and it has brought shame upon my name!!

Was out a few weeks back having some grub with a girl and as she went to the bathroom. A girl I went to college with(and had a huge crush on but was seeing someone) walked in, looking even better than in college and still as nice!!

Had a quick conversation for a few minutes before she took her seat with her friend..
          She was sitting in my eyeline and I noticed her staring a few times but never got chance to talk to her again or ask for her number but mannnn do I want it.
          Extensive searching has proven fruitless as I do not remember her last name(it was 9-10 years ago) nor do I remember a single person we shared the class with(I rarely went).

The only thing I know for 100% is she is studying business in Dublin, I believe in DIT in Bolton Street and that she studied French with me in Arts in UCC back in 2004.

Bbv I officially request your assistance in my stalking needs and I will always believe the BBV can deliver if I just get to click Add as Friend to her picture.

#collegecrush
          #helpmdougfindlove
          #bbvdeliverplz
          #anyonehereteachinDIT
          Last edited by mdoug; 30-10-14, 02:43.
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            I've an interview and a presentation coming up if ye would like to do that for me when ye're done with jam flys essay
            What's it about?

Remaining anonymous to the public while carrying out your duties in plain sight?

Comment

edit: also the word always be an enemy of the environment, seems to be a point they want you to pick up on, and could be a nice closer of 500 words, see below a crude version.

As you can see from my comprehensive analysis and sources outlined above private business is not aligned with a clean environment, however I am a man with optimism and with good reason. Always is too finite a word, there is a world where the two can co exists in harmony and these steps could be the beginning

the world is getting smaller, through the power of global communications, if a panda is shot by viking paper incorporated to cut down a forest, one dead panda pic could ruin a company's image along with its stock price,

as my colleague richem pointed out, of ipb, technology improves exponentially, it is or will be soon cheaper to use environmentally friendly sources to fuel your business.

etc etc

Comment

Roast chicken is the most over rated meal ever. Chicken is shit unless cooked in a unhealthy way.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  Roast chicken is the most over rated meal ever. Chicken is shit unless cooked in a unhealthy way.
                  try this method, get an empty wine bottle, fill with one third water, add in your spices, now shove the wine bottle spout first up the chickens whole.

place wine bottle in oven standing up, now the chicken is cooking from outside and inside with steam and spices, wait two hours, chicken now peels off the bone and is wonderfully moist and you get the taste of delicious spices

Comment

Bumgarner is such a boss
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I truly fucking hate injury time goals
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Just watched the new south park, might get meself an auld drone
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                          Just watched the new south park, might get meself an auld drone
                          How much would an entry level drone cost?
                          Do they have wifi? Everything needs wifi

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            How much would an entry level drone cost?
                            Do they have wifi? Everything needs wifi
                            Some seriously cheap ones out there for $60 off a quick glance but probably bad quality or memory. They have a camera which records and can go back to your phone so I would assume they have wifi or stuff
                            The ones on south park were $200 and we all know cartoons never lie so $200 it is, be a bit of a laugh anyway, always wanted a remote control car/copter but not really sure what to do with it. Will order a fancy one there and bbv can come up with ideas once it delivers with my stalking challenge
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Quietly building a drone army. Planning on attacking a large town north of me. Claiming it for Kilcoole and The Peoples Republic of Glenroe Army. Similar kip down south from me after, then the World probably.

Comment

I think you've gone down the wrong track on that question bbv, it's a "Tragedy of the commons" / externalities/public choice question. I would suspect they're looking for an examination of that economic theory rather than an essay on how private industry hurts the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  Scraped a piece of paint off the rear side of a car tonight in a hotel car park, some 16 year old banger. Was mightily pissed off because I really did not have time for it, literally had to leave right away for a work thing that was life or death stuff. Told myself a paper note would be soaked to unreadable in the rain. Left without leaving a note.

Went back 3 hours later afterwards to leave a note (half hoping the car wouldn't be there tbh). Now I'm half hoping the rain ruins the note. Weird.
                                  Just blame BKs missus ( isnt that what everyone's doing now?)

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                    Never played in the Fitz so would be a good enough reason for me I suppose. Come to think of it haven't seen you in the D1 is ages, although I barely go myself.
                                    I've not been in the D1 in ages, although that might change as I'm living close these days.

In the D1 club you don't need to be told the players bad beat stories, you just know them.
                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      I think you've gone down the wrong track on that question bbv, it's a "Tragedy of the commons" / externalities/public choice question. I would suspect they're looking for an examination of that economic theory rather than an essay on how private industry hurts the environment.
                                      Your probably right, in my defense it was past my bedtime

Comment

This.

Comment

lol @ the reactions of the people watching that rocket launch

Post 45074957 -Poker discussion forum with over 500,000 members and 100 different poker forums. Learn poker strategy & sharpen your poker skills for tournament poker, texas hold 'em, five card draw, omaha hi lo, seven card stud and more plus talk poker TV, and dozens of other topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                            Yep, that would be great. Let me know if there's a spot going.
                                            Kickabout shall go ahead if we get the numbers, currently on 6 so need 4 more
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                              What's it about?

Remaining anonymous to the public while carrying out your duties in plain sight?
                                              Something like that. Or challeneges of managing a remote team. Ruined my weekend anyhow putting it on Monday.
                                              airport, lol

Comment

This. You can even offer a solution in the form of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigovian_tax
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                  I've not been in the D1 in ages, although that might change as I'm living close these days.

In the D1 club you don't need to be told the players bad beat stories, you just know them.
                                                  I swear I was in there during the week and the best bad beat story was.

"Blah blah blah 60euro pot blah blah blah I shoved with AQ and he called with K10!!!!!, can you believe that"

I had to feign disbelief at his amazing story with all it's twists and turns.

After an early exit I talked to a guy at the bus stop who was drinking oranjeboom about how Animals>Humans and about a wild kitten he became friends with 5 years ago but totally didn't steal . He talked to a dog that was tied up for about 10 minutes me for another 15 and as I was getting on the bus he went walking down the road talking to another person he clearly didn't know. Fran went out with a can for a few chats it seems.
                                                  Last edited by MegaSin; 30-10-14, 11:04.

Comment

I always loved being asked 'guess what came on the river, go on can you guess?' even though the whole despairing tone of the story, reddened face and shaking hands had clearly narrowed it down to one of the 2 cards that were going to see the 95% fav rivered.
                                                    Always worth guessing one of the other safe cards though just for the laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      I always loved being asked 'guess what came on the river, go on can you guess?' even though the whole despairing tone of the story, reddened face and shaking hands had clearly narrowed it down to one of the 2 cards that were going to see the 95% fav rivered.
                                                      Always worth guessing one of the other safe cards though just for the laugh.
                                                      Guess what came on the river, go on guess!

Eehhhh the 2?

:BOOM:

Comment

Stars' new owners increasing their rake:

Are they pretty much a monopoly at this point?
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                          I swear I was in there during the week and the best bad beat story was.

"Blah blah blah 60euro pot blah blah blah I shoved with AQ and he called with K10!!!!!, can you believe that"

I had to feign disbelief at his amazing story with all it's twists and turns.

After an early exit I talked to a guy at the bus stop who was drinking oranjeboom about how Animals>Humans and about a wild kitten he became friends with 5 years ago but totally didn't steal . He talked to a dog that was tied up for about 10 minutes me for another 15 and as I was getting on the bus he went walking down the road talking to another person he clearly didn't know. Fran went out with a can for a few chats it seems.
                                                          QJ on the flop, it has to be.
                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Clearly the essay is about humans being intrinsically bad for the environment and how to transition companies to be run by animals. Perhaps entitled Animal Farm II?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              I like that you scored out the email to keep us other Ipbers from getting on the gravy train.

It is amazing that it has taken so Long for this to hit LinkedIn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                Clearly the essay is about humans being intrinsically bad for the environment and how to transition companies to be run by animals. Perhaps entitled Animal Farm II?
                                                                Don’t kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he’d eat you and everyone you care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Comment

Comment

Beautiful sunny day in Portsmouth. Still t-shirt weather at the minute. Really liking the old harbour.

Comment

Off to saltyhill for some Northern Scum.

Phil Collins must die.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                          Beautiful sunny day in Portsmouth. Still t-shirt weather at the minute. Really liking the old harbour.
                                                                          Avoid Southampton!

Comment

Wonder what Kev makes of the current waterford anti-Roma mobs?
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              Yea I guess so, trainer is very confident, I can't get an objective enough view to say that 6/4 is a great price or anything like that though.
                                                                              She's schooled well and made enough mistakes along the way to know what shes at. Those who know most were particularly happy with the way she clattered the first two in a racing pace schoo last week and then adjusted herself well for all the rest.
                                                                              Ridiculously nervous about the change of code for her, it kind of feels like first day in big school.
                                                                              Best of luck, PP have conveniently thrown a free bet into my account so it'd be rude not to throw it her way

Comment

Loads of irate poker players on Twitter moaning about Stars rake increases ect, 90% of Stars customers won't even notice or care

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                                                                    90% of Stars customers won't even notice or care
                                                                                    Not really the point to an extent - if the monthly lodgement of $200 or whatever from those fish gets lost 2% quicker because of the rake then everyone else left on site at that moment is faced with a tougher playing pool and increased rake.
                                                                                    So the fish may not understood why he has lost quicker but he's gone until payday and its bad news for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Not really the point to an extent - if the monthly lodgement of $200 or whatever from those fish gets lost 2% quicker because of the rake then everyone else left on site at that moment is faced with a tougher playing pool and increased rake.
                                                                                      So the fish may not understood why he has lost quicker but he's gone until payday and its bad news for everyone.
                                                                                      Fish don't win pots.

Comment

Has racing at Sedgefield been delayed?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                          Has racing at Sedgefield been delayed?
                                                                                          Jockey (Kenny Johnson) injured after fall, couldn't be moved til specialists and air ambulance arrived.

Comment

The yanks have KevMath, we have fancy trousers, both equally handsome men

Comment

Would places like Tesco stock Micro Sim ---> Normal sized sim converters or would I need to go into a phone shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                Avoid Southampton!
                                                                                                Portsmouth and Guildford today, Winchester and arundel or Highclere tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                  Best of luck, PP have conveniently thrown a free bet into my account so it'd be rude not to throw it her way
                                                                                                  Ooops!

Race was run terribly for her. She got a great education and jockey was very bullish about the prospects. I'm left wondering though... we'll let the dust settle before the plan is made but I'm left with a bit of a recovery mission after getting a bit carried away with the 2/1
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wedding is gonna kill me

Comment

Kickabout shall go ahead if we get the numbers, currently on 6 so need 4 more
                                                                                                      Unfortunately we only have 7 people for this tonight so have to cancel as the pitch is too big for anything less than 10 tbh. Shame
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        Portsmouth and Guildford today, Winchester and arundel or Highclere tomorrow.
                                                                                                        Aaah Guilford; not been there since the late 90's

Second worst pint of Guinness I've ever seen (Craven Cottage), free cider with a fried breakfast, posters for famous Irish musicians playing under false names to avoid tax, 100's of 6'0 tall blond birds, a bombed out shell of a pub being kept as a sick tourist attraction due to locals blocking all planning permission (including a garden of remberance) and me being treated like a god in music shop for buying a Lee Scratch Perry CD.

Tl;Dr better than Southampton

Comment

Unfortunately we only have 7 people for this tonight so have to cancel as the pitch is too big for anything less than 10 tbh. Shame
                                                                                                          ...Ah that's a pity...Thanks for organising and inviting...I'll put my shin guards away for the next time :-)...

Comment

Off to the Late Late tomorrow night apparantly - the humanity

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              Please do something awful to Tubridy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                Please do something awful to Tubridy.
                                                                                                                Tubridys brother is the bigest of big deals in the med world. Bit of a savant but still sound. Some man for the teaching too well worth following him around

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                  Tubridys brother is the bigest of big deals in the med world. Bit of a savant but still sound. Some man for the teaching too well worth following him around
                                                                                                                  Surely youd be a fan of Gerry Mcentee.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                    Surely youd be a fan of Gerry Mcentee.
                                                                                                                    I am indeed he is king

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                      I am indeed he is king
                                                                                                                      His bedside manner is dog rough.
                                                                                                                      Operated on my groin injury a few yrs back, hes a man of little patience.

In fairness his job entails dealing with proper sick people most of the time so its understandable if he doesn't have too much sympathy for lads whining about gilmores groin.

Comment

12 posts since 3 pm. dying a death
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Who's mammy is doing the recording?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X