Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Her popularity will never cease to amaze me. It's a nothing sport in the female ranks.
    She's rated the pound for pound best in the world and has created a lot of excitement around women's boxing, if she had the personality of C McG she'd be even bigger.

Main event on an all male card with top quality boxers is a great achievement in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
      Genuine question could you rank 3 women's sports that are competitive and at a high standard outside of tennis??
      Equestrian events, Athletics perhaps, golf is reasonable but still miles behind men's game much like tennis. But they rightly get minimal coverage because of the lack of competitiveness. But female boxing pool is so ridiculously shallow it's laughable that shes seen among the Irish sporting greats.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Star wars 8 is a fantastic film. Well worth staying up on a school night for.
        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Women's golf isn't in the conversation.
          Maybe in the asian markets as they seem to be taking over the sport but nobody watches and their euro tour is dying a death.

Athletics was a good shout. Tennis for all their winging and getting the same pay at slams deserves a nod and UFC would be top 3 imo.

Comment

England seem to have staved off the inevitable collapse thus far today. Need 450+ imo as the wicket looks very decent for batting.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
              Maybe in the asian markets as they seem to be taking over the sport but nobody watches and their euro tour is dying a death.

Athletics was a good shout. Tennis for all their winging and getting the same pay at slams deserves a nod and UFC would be top 3 imo.
              swimming, gymnastics, skiing, table tennis,judo...basically a huge amount of the olympic sports which for all intents and purposes, are not professional

Comment

Wimmins beach volleyball would get top viewing in my household .

Comment

Asians have took over women's golf and within 10 years the men will have done so aswell.

Having attended a women's European tour event and watched quite a bit of the LPGA there game is good technically and mechanically, despite the lack of aggression and distance off the tees. Also quite a few are easy on the eye which makes it easier to watch.

Agree the UFC s two division are quite good and I always look forward to them on the cards.Would like to see a middle weight class introduced myself. But I feel the UFC don't see it as sexy enough.

At the end of the day female sports is about endorsements to offset the poor prize money hence making it a beauty pageant which again takes away from the sports.
                  I may be wrong but feels that way

Also @Mike Bullock lingerie football may be the thing for you.
                  Last edited by Hooch; 14-12-17, 10:19.

Comment

Hoochy . Where where ?

Golf
                    The American college system is churning out Jordan Speiths to beat the band, I doubt the Aisans will dominate the mens similar to the womens as there is nowhere to go, such is the high level these guys play at. Ricky Fowler birded 8 of the 1st 9 holes last week to win an event. It’s a crazy level. Even Tiger at his best would not dominate as he did in today’s PGA Tour. I’d be more worried about the European Tour. I can’t see us winning the next few Ryder cups unless something drastic happens.

Comment

The standard in women's gymnastics are phenomenal high imo. Athletics, swimming also imo.
                      Female MMA (like boxing) is woeful. A few elite fighters in each division of course. But still plenty who are woeful.

Comment

Agree the UFC s two division are quite good and I always look forward to them on the cards.Would like to see a middle weight class introduced myself. But I feel the UFC don't see it as sexy enough.
                        They introduced a third women's division a few months ago. Flyweight (125) right between the existing 115 and 135lbs divisions. They technically have 145 too, but fuck all fighters.

I assume that's what you meant by middle weight and not middleweight (185lbs).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                          Golf
                          The American college system is churning out Jordan Speiths to beat the band, I doubt the Aisans will dominate the mens similar to the womens as there is nowhere to go, such is the high level these guys play at. Ricky Fowler birded 8 of the 1st 9 holes last week to win an event. It’s a crazy level. Even Tiger at his best would not dominate as he did in today’s PGA Tour. I’d be more worried about the European Tour. I can’t see us winning the next few Ryder cups unless something drastic happens.
                          Have my suspicions whether that college system for sports works on the international stage. USA don't particularly dominate in many worldwide sports at the moment despite collegiate systems being in place for half a century. Basketball and swimming (not sure the latter could be called a worldwide sport).

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                            Star wars 8 is a fantastic film. Well worth staying up on a school night for.
                            Was v good. A few annoying weird bits
                            SPOILER
                            did anyone enjoy the vegan moralising?

but mostly top notch. Particularly enjoyed
                            SPOILER
                            The Sith apprentice concealing his increased power from his master and using his hubris to murder him and take his place. This is the Sith way.
                            A lot of people who didn't enjoy The Return Of The Jedi don't seem to understand this aspect of the Sith.
                            Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 14-12-17, 11:00.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Have my suspicions whether that college system for sports works on the international stage. USA don't particularly dominate in many worldwide sports at the moment despite collegiate systems being in place for half a century. Basketball and swimming (not sure the latter could be called a worldwide sport).
                              Probable because they are all off playing golf.

Comment

Asians have took over women's golf and within 10 years the men will have done so aswell.
                                I can't see there being a chance of this happening. Genetics being the main reason. Hideki and KJ Choi ( Ex power lifter) have been exceptions. Noh, Bae , Li have all made strides but there's too much talent coming from around the world.

Possibly a bigger influx for sure but no way they take over.
                                If you simply look at Majors, only Yang has broken through. Hideki will surely get there but proteges like Ishikawa just never made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                  Seen it before, probably going to go see The Ferryman & Everyones talking about Jamie.
                                  London/West End trip report. I was there for 9 days as spent time with Saracens so most of the things I did were at night and involved eating or seeing shows.

I first saw "Everyones talking about Jamie". its a musical about a young lad who wants to be a drag queen. from about 15 mins into it I had a smile on my face the entire time and I remember the feeling of joy and happiness. the musical doesnt have much weight behind it but it was a great show.

Then we saw Kinky Boots as got two tickets for 26 pounds. The performance of the lead Simon-Anthony Rhoden was incredible. Closet thing i could compare it to would be seeing Tina Turner in her prime but the rest was average at best.

Onto "The Ferryman".Sset in northern ireland after Bobby Sands death, a family dealing with news that a brother who "left for england" was actually murdered by the IRA and buried in Louth. This was one of the best things I have ever seen in my life (those who know me know how muted I am towards most of life). My mothers family come from the Armagh Tyrone area so the setting resonated a little bit from early childhood trips up there. However, my wife had no idea about life there and doesnt enjoy the theatre and she thought it was the most powerful drama she has seen. (she's american so superlatives are a bit more common from her)

Written by Jez Butterworth, directed by Sam Mendes and Paddy Considine was the original lead. The performance of everyone involved was spectacular. The suspense, storytelling and the emotional weight of the whole play was sublime. The entire theatre was blown away when it was over. For anyone who likes the theatre this is a must see, finishing up its run in May, get a cheap flight over for the night if you can of if you are in London then go see it.

Rough highlights of the food:

I love lamb but have always been disappointed by lamb burgers, i tend to order them now in the hope of being impressed and not disappointed as I usually am. Well no more, Baba G's in the Kerb Camden Market amazed me, its an indian spiced lamb burger with an onion bhaji and sauce.

I ate indian at Dishoon
                                  it was delicious.

Had BBQ at Smokestak which was comparable to best bbq in Texas and Memphis that I have had.

Got fried chicken at Chick N'sours
                                  good prices and better chicken.

and a lot of Ice-cream at Udderlicious

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    I would agree that Americans have dominated historically due to the college system but the college system is becoming less relevant for transition to the professional level plus there is a trend now towards international players being the new faces of the NBA.

This of course could be an outlier and it's cyclical, out with LeBron, Durant, Curry over the next few years and in with Ben Simmons(Aussie), Joel Embiid(Cameroon), Giannis(Greek), Porzingis(Latvian) and Jokic(Serbian).

As far as college working for basketball, Americans must spend one year removed from high school to play in the NBA.
                                    This in the vast majority of cases, at least means going to a big school ie Duke or Kentucky etc.

If you're a highly touted prospect you enter the draft when you're stock is at its peak which has less relevance on game play than ever.
                                    Do you have raw potential etc, you may never have seen the court but you may get drafted over a guy who averages 25ppg.

In terms of college preparing you for the pro's it's becoming less and less frequent to see a player stay in college more than a year or two and then go on to be a good player at the top level.

The trend towards younger players and internationals is making the college system which is more similar in style to European basketball less about preparing you for the NBA and more about red tape.

Experience apparently isn't all that important when it comes to the 2017 NBA draft. ESPN Stats & Info broke down the number of freshmen taken versus the total of seniors ...

I can't see there being a chance of this happening. Genetics being the main reason. Hideki and KJ Choi ( Ex power lifter) have been exceptions. Noh, Bae , Li have all made strides but there's too much talent coming from around the world.

Possibly a bigger influx for sure but no way they take over.
                                    If you simply look at Majors, only Yang has broken through. Hideki will surely get there but proteges like Ishikawa just never made it.
                                    I can't remember exactly where I read it but it related to Asian dominance in Women's golf and how it didn't appear as relevant in men's.
                                    The argument was that due to male conscription in a number of Asian countries that there was a focus on women's golf as male golfers could not afford to miss out on those years in order to reach an elite level.
                                    I'm not sure how true it may be but I thought it was interesting take.
                                    Last edited by Guest; 14-12-17, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                      She's rated the pound for pound best in the world and has created a lot of excitement around women's boxing, if she had the personality of C McG she'd be even bigger.
                                      If she had the personality like that no one here or in the general public would tolerate her for a moment.
                                      Everyday sexism does have some minor benefits
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        If she had the personality like that no one here or in the general public would tolerate her for a moment.
                                        Everyday sexism does have some minor benefits
                                        She'd be a much bigger draw. McGregor turned a boring division into the division. She'd be bigger without a doubt then the inevitable downturn would come along when she fights Sinead O'Connor in the biggest money fight bray seafront has ever seen and starts hanging around with the feared drug running travellers from fassaroe and slaps some connected aul lad in the Martello cause he said there is no God.

Comment

Interesting thread on selling bitcoin here,I found it a piece of piss but I was selling less than 1,wouldn’t be happy with a big amount reading that

Tweet won’t embed?

Last edited by Guest; 14-12-17, 14:03.

Comment

"Google privacy engineer guy" above just seems deliberately obtuse - pretends he hasn't heard of coinbase - that he doesn't know they are regulated and that obviously if you want to buy or sell a lot you would just use an exchange, not coinbase. Just googled "how to sell a lot of bitcoin" and the first link says the same. He could even transfer from coinbase to their exchange instantly for free and pay way less fees (and no fees for buying).

How did he buy that many bitcoins? You sell the same fucking way. He is blaming bitcoin for governmental law and bank transfer times for delays. What's that got to do with bitcoin? Not to say it doesn't have accessibility problems, guy is just being anal.
                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-12-17, 14:39.

Comment

You love bitcoin Tar m8
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Bitcoin GOAT.

Although it seems every fucking coin is going up. We should make one.

Comment

Whiskey from Amazon arrived through PM grand by the way.

I asked to be wrapped in Amazon box. It's pretty obvious without it and that's where people have had issues.

Comment

Was out last night with a few lads I know from my Full Tilt days, all moved on to doing other things now obv. Anyhow, there was a good bit of crypto talk, and these are lads who wouldn't be too interested in investing in general. Gave me yet another 'this feels like a bubble' moment, people getting excited about it while out in the pub!

On the other hand I was told that IOTA and Ripple are two coins that could be the next big thing, so will have to take a look at some stage

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Crouch View Post
                                                      It was before the 2007 UCL final. We went Go-Karting. We were going round the track and I flew into the pits but there were no breaks. I was driving straight towards Kuyt and Alonso and thought to myself who was more valuable? So I swerved into Kuyt.

Comment

Whiskey from Amazon arrived through PM grand by the way.

I asked to be wrapped in Amazon box. It's pretty obvious without it and that's where people have had issues.
                                                        is there still a sale on? Need to buy some Japanese whiskey for hipster wanker acquaintance (not Tar)

Comment

Aw I read that as Tar, not not Tar

The sale was just good for Greenspot and Redbreast 12. Japanese whiskey is still cheaper on there than here without being on sale though.

If you don't wanna spend too much this is great (€46 in Celtic Whiskey Shop, £34 Amazon. 500ml.):

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-12-17, 16:12.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                            Was out last night with a few lads I know from my Full Tilt days, all moved on to doing other things now obv. Anyhow, there was a good bit of crypto talk, and these are lads who wouldn't be too interested in investing in general. Gave me yet another 'this feels like a bubble' moment, people getting excited about it while out in the pub!

On the other hand I was told that IOTA and Ripple are two coins that could be the next big thing, so will have to take a look at some stage
                                                            Ripple has a max supply of 99,993,093,880 XRP which is a huge amount. Can't see it's market cap growing too much although it's pumping the last 2 days with new money.

Value = Scarcity + Utility

Comment

Does scarcity matter with infinitely divisible digital coins?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                Does scarcity matter with infinitely divisible digital coins?
                                                                What makes you think they're infinitely divisible?

Comment

They've the possibility to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    Aw I read that as Tar, not not Tar

The sale was just good for Greenspot and Redbreast 12. Japanese whiskey is still cheaper on there than here without being on sale though.

If you don't wanna spend too much this is great (€46 in Celtic Whiskey Shop, £34 Amazon. 500ml.):
                                                                    looks cool (which I assume is 90% of the requirement), will purchase

cool name too.

Comment

They've the possibility to be.
                                                                      The smallest denomination of Bitcoin is 1 satoshi. 0.00000001 Btc.

Can you elaborate on why you think they've the possibility to be?

Comment

What's it take to add a decimal place?

Comment

I need you to know what whisky you like in case you change your mind

As for bitcoin, the amount of bitcoin/satoshis that there currently are was chosen for a few reasons, one of which is that if it was used as all currency for the planet there would already be enough at 8 decimal places.
                                                                          Scarcity matters insofar as there won't be people increasing the max so the value of each unit rises (no printing money).

What would it take? Everybody wanting to devalue their own assets.
                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-12-17, 16:54.

Comment

Nakamoto took a leaf from de beers strategy for selling lumps of rock, an artificially reduced supply, and strong marketing
                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 14-12-17, 17:05.

Comment

I need you to know what whisky you like in case you change your mind

As for bitcoin, the amount of bitcoin/satoshis that there currently are was chosen for a few reasons, one of which is that if it was used as all currency for the planet there would already be enough at 8 decimal places.
                                                                              Scarcity matters insofar as there won't be people increasing the max so the value of each unit rises (no printing money).

What would it take? Everybody wanting to devalue their own assets.
                                                                              It wouldn't devalue assets.

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Maybe not like increasing the 21 mil cap but in societal ways.

Hitch this is the point where people mention stocks have value backing them.

Comment

Opened online thingy and bought some invisible money today. Haven't a clue what i did or am doing. Seem to have coolered said invisible money in the few hours. Gamble gamble.

We are back.

Comment

Reminds me of this:

When I was in college I was seeing a girl that was doing a masters in business. One of their group projects was to research which of two companies was the better investment. One of the companies was Kerry Group, can't remember the other. But one of the concluding points was that the second company was better because it was half the price, so you could get twice as many shares.

Comment

I'd love to know how much of the growth is caused by black markets. You have to think that over the last few years that the dark markets have grown significantly with many suppliers and consumers moving more and more online. If the growth is underpinned by those global black markets then the bubble talk is nonsense.

Opr

Comment

I love watching Pointless but the way he gives all the options twice is so tilting. Just seems kinda pointless (for want of a better word, pun unintentional)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            Opened online thingy and bought some invisible money today. Haven't a clue what i did or am doing. Seem to have coolered said invisible money in the few hours. Gamble gamble.

We are back.
                                                                                            same, tbh, anyone who has a revolut card, buying and selling cryptos on there is ridic easy, fast, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                              same, tbh, anyone who has a revolut card, buying and selling cryptos on there is ridic easy, fast, etc.
                                                                                              My quick homework on the situation seems to have me in 12 months either buying a Lamborghini(sp) or a pizza

Comment

Looking forward to the next recession so that "we are back" saying can fuck off. No offence Dicey m8
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  England seem to have staved off the inevitable collapse thus far today. Need 450+ imo as the wicket looks very decent for batting.
                                                                                                  Hi m8

Bitcoin GOAT.

Although it seems every fucking coin is going up. We should make one.
                                                                                                  GFYL coin
                                                                                                  GTFO coin?
                                                                                                  Last edited by Frank Gibney; 14-12-17, 18:29.
                                                                                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    Looking forward to the next recession so that "we are back" saying can fuck off. No offence Dicey m8
                                                                                                    [ ] eamon is back
                                                                                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just got my refund from Irish water in the post, Christmas bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          The "We are back" is the stronghold of the Civil Service lifers in a recession 😁

Im only taking the piss anyway with it.

Comment

My quick homework on the situation seems to have me in 12 months either buying a Lamborghini(sp) or a pizza
                                                                                                            Maybe just aim for the baby seats. They cost as much as a small car on their own!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                              Maybe just aim for the baby seats. They cost as much as a small car on their own!
                                                                                                              Meh. Just poked €46k on a 7 seater (much to my disgust).

We are back.

Soz honda.

Comment

We are back.

Soz honda.
                                                                                                                To be honest, I think there was a few recession phrases that annoyed me too so maybe I'm just a cranky bollocks
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Incompetent fucktards to the left of me, unionised cunts to the right,stuck in the middle with the hse
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

We are back.

Soz honda.
                                                                                                                    ah, welcome to my life

just need to convince yourself you will look very cool in it on the school run

Comment

When plebians like me are fluting about with coinbase it's a sure sign that it's time to exit.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        ah, welcome to my life

just need to convince yourself you will look very cool in it on the school run
                                                                                                                        Lol, you think i get access to it. I pay for it but still in the runaround on a daily basis. Whipped.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                        When plebians like me are fluting about with coinbase it's a sure sign that it's time to exit.
                                                                                                                        Confirmed pleb although at least i figured it out on Day 1

Comment

Actually @RD the runaround is through the NCT 2mrw. Its a 04 Passat that has been bulletproof but it was my dead kid brothers pride and joy so im loathe to get rid. Always sailed through the NCT without a penny bar a hundo service every year since '11. (and a few bits like timebelts etc over time). Did the yearly service 3 weeks ago and cost me €850. Works done. The Lot.

Sods law tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X