Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endurance (21/02):

17km run @ 2 hours

Disaster. Set out to do a big one. Took a new route and got to turning point at 12.3km (1:10). Didn't fancy doing the same distance so opted for shorter route home (~9km) but energy got zapped very quickly. Ended up having to walk/lightly jog most of the next 5km then blisters and cramps came about everywhere. Was rough going for long spells. Looking forward to couple days rest.

Comment

Strength (24/02):

Squat: 110kg x 5 x 3
      Bench: 80kg x 4, 75kg x 5 x 3
      DL: 60kg x 5 x 2, 90kg x 5, 110kg x 3, 125kg x 3, 140kg x 2, 155kg x F, F

Squat was OK.
      Was set up to do my bench @ 87.5kg when it was pointed out to me that my grip is far too narrow. Got a quick lesson and switched to a wider grip and worked on form for a good bit.
      DL is a case of not knowing what I was setting out to do. May have hit the 155 without such a lead up; didn't get first off floor and barely got 2nd off.

Strength (25/02):

Squat: 110kg x 5, 5, 4
      Press: 55kg x 5 x 3
      DL 100kg x 5, 7 plyo pull ups x 3
      5 pull up, 5 chin up x 3

Form was pretty poor on last set of squats. Rest was fine.

Comment

Conditioning (26/02):

Rower:
        150m, 30s rest x 10 (all under 34s)
        2.5m rest
        150m, 45s rest x 10 (all under 32s)
        5m rest
        150m, 1m rest x 10 (all under 29s)

First 2 sets were ok, last few rounds of 2nd a bit tough. Third wasn't great, a few overs. When I last did this I was hitting 27:x most of the last round - not once here. But it has been a couple months since I was on the rower. Times for last round were: 28.4, 28.6, 28.6, 28.5, 28.9, 28.4, 29.3, 28.4, 29.2, 29.1. Total distance: 5052m.

Comment

Strength (27/02):

Squat: 110kg x 5, 4. 100kg x 5.
          Bench: 80kg x 5 x 3.
          Barbell shrugs: 90kg x 10 x 3.
          DB Bent over row: 30kg x 10 x 3.
          Tricep cable pulldown: 60kg x 10 x 3.

Think I'm going to move squat back a bit and make sure form is good and deep before moving up past 110. I get too results oriented when things are going well and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing great squats at 110. Rest was fine.

Comment

Endurance (28/02):

~13.5km run @ 1:10.

Meh, should've done more. It's 4 weeks til the marathon and I haven't even run half the distance yet and I'm not sure I will tbh. Don't enjoy it at all and it's hard to do 2 hours + of something you don't want to be doing. I will get through the 42km on the day through jogging and walking; I just won't get it done in an impressive time.

Strength (03/02):

Squat: 100kg x 5 x 5
            Bench: 80kg x 5 x 5
            DL: 130kg x 5, 120kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 100kg x 5 - each supersetted with 10 pull ups.

Quite happy with that workout. Squats were much deeper than I was doing @ 110kg. Bench & DL were at perfect weights too I think.

Comment

Strength (04/03):

Press: 57.5kg x 3, 55kg x 5, 4, 52.5kg x 4, 50kg x 5 x 2
              Chin ups: 8 x 5
              Barbell row: 30kg x 8 x 2, 40kg x 8 x 2, 50kg x 8 x 1
              Weighted pull ups: +20kg x 5, 5, 4

Squats were ok - legs were definitely feeling yesterday's efforts.

Disappointed with the press but I thought I had loaded 55 and was going to do 5 x 5 so I think I noticed the extra 2.5 and it threw me. Still, overall they were pretty poor. It's an exercise I need to research as I never really got any pointers and am probably missing something as it's one I never really make decent progress with.

I've never done the barbell row and wanted to add more barbell strength exercises so gave it a go. I don't think it's the standard method based on what I've seen in gyms but I'm doing it from the floor and returning it to floor each rep (saw this as optimal method on bodybuilding.com). I was just getting a feel for it here, was ok but will need someone to look at form.

Happy with the pull ups - the weight slipped on last rep so I continued on and did 4 x BW so I'd imagine I had the 5x3 in me.

Comment

Conditoning (05/03):

3.2km run @ 13:30. Meant to be 5km but I turned around early. Fuck running.

Strength (06/03):

Squat: 102.5kg x 5 x 3
                Bench: 82.5kg x 5 x 4, 4x1
                Bent over row: 30kg x 10 x 3
                Barbell shrugs: 90kg x 10 x 3

Squat was good. Proper form & depth I think. Bench was fine, didn't gamble on very last rep without spotter.

Comment

Haven't done this in a while ... 5 month progress:

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post

Weight = 78.4 79.8 80.5 77.8kg 78.1
                  Left Leg = 54cm 57cm 57cm 58cm 57cm
                  Right Leg = 55cm 57cm 57cm 58cm 58cm
                  Waist = 81cm 83cm 84cm 81cm 82cm
                  Chest = 97cm 101cm 103cm 102cm 101cm
                  Right arm = 32 cm 33cm 34cm 34cm 33cm
                  Left arm = 31cm 33cm 33cm 33cm
                  33cm
                  Quite surprised by that to be honest. I know that the weight is off as I was 76.1kg on Tues and ate a lot last night so that's having a bearing. I was 75.6kg on Friday last so I fluctuate a lot. I definitely think I look like I have less fat at this point than any of the last but not sure how accurate my perception is. At least I can say I'm definitely stronger.

I'm doing the marathon in 4 weeks and I'd like to be 73kg for that which is achievable if I take my actual weight for something like 77kg atm. The only changes I think I need to make are to go out less and make better food choices when out/hungover. I'll start with the latter

Training wise, I might just start lifting twice a week as I'm barely enjoying training this weather. I'll do rowing once and 5 a side another evening and probably some fitness class just to be doing something different.

Comment

Endurance (07/03):

6km run.

Endurance (10/03):

Set out for a run and after about 500m I noticed my back and hips were pretty tight and sore. By 2km the pain was too much and I turned around, walking most of the way back and having to stop a couple of times because walking was too tough. Not sure where this came out of but will get physio over the week.

Comment

Strength (11/03):

DL: 130kg x 5 x1
                      Pull ups: 10 x 3
                      Bench: 82.5kg x 5 x 4, 4

Joined a new gym so just getting used to the new space. All of the lifts were pretty much max though.

Strength (13/03):

Squat: 100kg x 5 x 3
                      Press: 55kg x 5 x 3
                      DB press: 22.5kg x 10, 10, 9
                      Pull ups: 5 x 11 (randomly dispersed throughout session)
                      Lateral raise: 6kg x 10 x 3
                      Chin ups: 6 x 6
                      Arnold Press: 16kg x 10 x 3

Shoulder attack! That was an enjoyable session, first one I've had in a while.

Comment

Strength (14/03):

Bench: 82.5kg x 5, 5, 4, 77.5kg x 5, 72.5kg x 5
                        Decline bench: 70kg x 5 x 2
                        Incline DB bench: 20kg x 10 x 3, 22.5kg x 10 x 2
                        Wide grip pull ups: 6 x 6
                        Flyes: 16kg x 10 x 3
                        Dips: +15kg x 10 x 3
                        Wide grip chin ups: 6 x 6
                        Lunges: 14kg x 10 x 3

Another good session, just doing what I feel like when I get in there.

Comment

Endurance (16/03):

~17km run. Set out to do 25-30km here but didn't get there. Started off at too heavy a pace and started to struggle pretty early, around 6km in. Got through it and enjoyed portions of the run after that. Took a break at 14.5km and found it very hard to get back into. Was jaded, had cramp in calf and a disgusting blister on my toe so called it a day. Another session to make me question how I'll get through a marathon in 2.5 weeks.

Strength (18/03):

Bench: 80kg x 5 x 3
                          DL: 130kg x 5
                          Pull ups: 5 x 6
                          Chin ups: 7 x 6

OK session. Strength deteriorating a bit as I've been cutting properly for a couple of weeks. Going to drop the squats down again as form wasn't great.

Comment

Looks like you've managed 39kms so far this month. Not ideal volume if you intend running a marathon in a couple of weeks.

Try to really get sleep and hydration spot on from now on in. Will increase your 'mtfu' capacity on the day if you've been sleeping / eating / hydrating ideally for a couple of weeks beforehand.
                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Endurance (16/03):

~17km run. Set out to do 25-30km here but didn't get there. Started off at too heavy a pace and started to struggle pretty early, around 6km in. Got through it and enjoyed portions of the run after that. Took a break at 14.5km and found it very hard to get back into. Was jaded, had cramp in calf and a disgusting blister on my toe so called it a day. Another session to make me question how I'll get through a marathon in 2.5 weeks.

Strength (18/03):

Bench: 80kg x 5 x 3
                              DL: 130kg x 5
                              Pull ups: 5 x 6
                              Chin ups: 7 x 6

OK session. Strength deteriorating a bit as I've been cutting properly for a couple of weeks. Going to drop the squats down again as form wasn't great.
                              You could be in trouble with blistering feet.
                              My mate done a 30mile walk last year with damn all training his feet were in bits halfway through he had to pull out.
                              Took few weeks to heal was disgusting.

Its like manual work eg using a shovel for a few hours not used to it.
                              Your hands fingers will blister and bleed but will callus and get tougher.
                              Your run will be on the road so tougher on the feet.
                              I hope im wrong but your failure to prepare adequately could cost you here.

Comment

Ya it's going to be rotten but I'll give it a shot. Will prob walk 5-10 mins for every 40 min jog. Was hoping for under 4:30 when I was doing adequate training but now I'd be happy with sub 5 hours. Will probably do two runs between now and the day.

Was away for most of last week and still recovering atm but got back in the gym today and back to good diet. Was doing very well prior to the trip so looking forward to picking it up again.

Strength (24/03):

DL: 60kg x 5 x 2, 90kg x 5, 110kg x 2, 130kg x 1, 140kg x 1, 150kg x 1
                                Wide grip pull ups: 6 x 3
                                Pull ups: 7 x 3
                                Chin ups: 8 x 3

Comment

Strength (25/03):

Squat: 70kg x 10 x 3
                                  Bench: 28kg DBs x 10, 32kg x 10 x 2
                                  Press: 50kg x 5 x 3
                                  Bent Over Row: 30kg x 10 x 3
                                  Lat Pulldown: 75kg x 10 x 2
                                  Wide grip pull ups: +5kg x 5 x 3
                                  Chin ups: +5kg x 8 x 3

Comment

Endurance (26/03):

13km run @ 1:20 Have nothing to say about this really - seem to be getting worse at running, less motivated and more susceptible to injury simultaneously.

Strength (27/03):

Bench: 82.5kg x 5 x 5
                                    DB flyes: 18kg x 10 x 3
                                    Shoulder Press: 22kg x 10 x 3
                                    Incline DB bench: 24kg x 10, 9, 8
                                    Lateral Raise: 8kg x 10 x 3
                                    Arnie Press: 12kg x 10 x 3

Comment

Cardio (28/03):

550m swim

Cardio (29/03):

5km run

Cardio (31/03):

1000m swim

Not sure what my training will be like the next week but will get a strength day in tomorrow.

Comment

Cardio (01/04):

Swimming training:
                                        120m freestyle, 1 min rest, 120m breaststroke, 1 min rest
                                        100m FS, 50s rest, 100m BS, 50s rest
                                        80m FS, 40s rest, 80m BS, 40s rest
                                        60m FS, 30s, 60m BS, 30s
                                        40m FS, 20s, 40m BS, 20s
                                        20m FS, 10s, 20m BS.

Strength (02/04):

Squat: 95kg x 5 x 3
                                        Pull ups: +5kg x 5 x 3
                                        Bench: 82.5kg x 5 x 3
                                        Chin ups: +5kg x 8 x 3
                                        DL: 125kg x 5 x 1
                                        Incline Bench: 24kg DBs x 10 x 3
                                        Lat Raises: 8kg DBs x 10 x 3

I'll probably go for a light swim tonight and tomorrow; also want to get some stretching in. Might do a light jog too as I had to get new runners yesterday after my other pair went missing. Bad timing at first glance but bought a quality new pair so could have positive bearing. Main focus for next 2 days is on getting in as much water as possible. I haven't read up on nutrition yet but I'll probably just overdose on carbs 3 hours before the race and bring a couple energy gels.

Comment

I'd recommend cutting out the breaststroke, it's not really going to do anything for you.

Comment

Marathon (06/04):

26.2 dirty miles completed in 4hrs 2 mins

Where do I begin with this. Absolutely delighted to be honest. I don't think I've ever felt so proud in anything I have done. I woke up feeling fresh enough and had a breakfast of 2 energy bars, a very small portion of porridge and a really strong coffee to clear out the bowels. I got as many carbs in as I could yesterday and approaching the start of the race I felt very good energy-wise.

My plan was close to non-existant. Having only hit a maximum of ~22km in training I set myself an initial goal of getting to 13.1 without stopping and trying to keep the pace reasonable. After that I would make decisions during the race. We set off and I decided to aim for 10 mins per mile. The first 5m were ok, there was some heavy crosswinds at times but nothing too drastic. It was really cool having hundreds of people in front and behind and the atmosphere was great.

Miles 5-10 had a big impact on my race. I went in with as positive a mindset as possible. There were obviously huge doubts at times about whether or not I could even complete this but I tried to give them as little air time as possible and play over the notion that I was going to welcome the pain and win the mental battle. The reason this portion of the race was so influential was that we got a lovely wind behind us for long spells and the sun broke out after a grey and cold start. I picked up the pace a bit and felt fantastic. Any thoughts of hitting the wall or whatever were put on hold for these 5 miles as I flew past large numbers and made the most of the wind.

10-13.1 was a good bit tougher. Although most of it was either flat or slightly downhill tiredness was creeping in and having lost the previous buzz I had to be realistic and keep the pace comfortable. The sun was starting to retreat aswell. I was still hitting 10 mins a mile and I started to think about achieving the sub 4. I reached 13.1 a minute or two short of 2 hours (I made up the ground miles 5-10).

As soon as we got to half-way we were joined by the half-marathoners and unfortunately for them and us the beginning of their race was a steady ascent for over a mile. My consciousness began to go to sleep here and adrenaline came to the fore. The next 5 miles were horrible. The sky blackened and a heavy shower came down for about 20 mins. To top it off we were now facing into a heavy wind. This is where a lot of people struggled but I was spurred on by my new target of hitting a sub 4. Whenever my mind was active it was concentrating on how wonderful an achievement that would be. I kept to the 10 min mile and that was my focus.

Details get a bit hazy now. I was fully in adrenaline mode from mile 18 on. The sun was back out but the strong wind was either cutting across or ploughing into us. I was focusing on each mile in 10 mins and making fake promises to myself that I will take a slight rest at the next water station. I had been told there was a treacherous climb around mile 21/22 that wasn't too steep but seemingly never-ending. We began an incline around mile 20 and I foolishly thought this was what was spoken about. I trudged through it and when we hit the flat around 21/22 I thought I was over the worst of it.

At mile 23 I was 3 miles and 30 mins from safety. I was very confident I would make it now. And then the real pain arrived. The actual steady never-ending incline raised its ugly head and as a predominately straight road you could see just how tough it was going to be. The wind stayed against us for most of the run in. I did my best from here to the end but it wasn't to be. My calves went repeatedly during the last 2miles. I slapped the shit out of them and tried some revolutionary stretches but I ended up having to finish in some sort of crab movement. I did get to mile 25 with 10 mins to go but having given it my all the sub 4 was just out of my reach.

I finished with an unbelievable sense of euphoria and achievement. I went into the race not knowing what would happen - I told friends I'd be delighted with sub 4:30 and not so happy if over 5 but I really had no clue what would happen out there. I dug deep for pretty much the whole second half, deeper than I ever have at times, and I got my reward. Pints are going to go down like water later.
                                            Last edited by FeetMagic; 07-04-14, 02:05.

Comment

Well done!! That's a fierce gritty performance and time given your preparation (or lack thereof!). You're going to feel dreadful the next few days. Keep eating and keep drinking water.

Seriously though, you should be awful proud of that.
                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I remember reading all your posts about running and chuckling away to myself as it basically what I was like. Hated doing it and never went past 10km for that reason. Brilliant result and sounds like dug deep and showed the big heart Llyod would be proud of. Enjoy the drinks, well deserved. Goodluck when you walk up tomorrow morning and the next few days.

Comment

That sounds like the connemarthon? I was down giving a mate a hand with his ultra attempt.
                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

It was indeed the Connemarathon.

Comment

Took the week off exercise while I recovered and pigged out like never before. 4 days without exercise felt like just a bit too much for my liking so happy to get back to normality today.

Cardio (11/04):

900m swim

Been thinking a lot over the week about my workout direction over the coming months. I signed up for gymnastics classes which is something new and different; I'm going to start yoga too as my mobility/flexibility is very poor.

In terms of goals the idea of getting a triathlon crossed off the list has been to the fore a lot this week so I reckon I'll sign up for one in June/July. I won't have to train the run much but my cycling and swimming are poor so I reckon if I could get out for something like a 500m-1km swim everyday before work and 2 cycles a week that would go a long way to getting me ready. I'll probably lift a further two days as well so my schedule should look something like this (for my own guidance):

Mon: Swim, gymnastics
                                                      Tues: Swim, cycle
                                                      Wed: Swim
                                                      Thurs: Swim, yoga, cycle
                                                      Fri: Swim, lifting
                                                      Sat: Lifting
                                                      Sun: Rest

Comment

Was drinking Friday and Saturday so didn't do much, just a quick gym session.

Strength (12/04):

Pull ups: 10, 10, 7
                                                        Press: 50kg x 5 x 3
                                                        DB bench: 32kg x 10, 8
                                                        Bench: 50kg x 10 x 2

Cardio (14/04):

720m swim

Comment

Have a few niggles that physio reckons should clear up in a week or two so taking it easy enough especially on legs.

Cardio (15/04):

540m swim

Strength (16/04):

Bench: 82.5kg x 5, 4, 80kg x 5
                                                          Incline bench: 20kg x 7, 24kg x 10, 9, 8
                                                          Flyes: 18kg x 10 x 3
                                                          Close grip bench: 60kg x 6, 5
                                                          Tricep Ext: 50kg x 10 x 3
                                                          Dips: +15kg x 10, 9, 8
                                                          180m swim
                                                          Stretching
                                                          Foam Rolling

Strength noticeably diminished but it's been a while. Will do some back, biceps and shoulder work over coming days as well as swimming.

Comment

Been doing crossfit style stuff this past week and also some outdoor workouts. All pretty short but high intensity:

Strength (17/04):

4 sets for time:
                                                            10 x burpees
                                                            10 x 1 leg push ups
                                                            10 x 15kg shoulder press
                                                            10 x chin ups

Time: 10:20

Saw a workout online that I thought I'd try; 20 x bench, 20 pull ups, then 15, 15 and 10, 10 for time. It advised using weight close to BW for bench so I put on 75kg. Struggled through 6 reps on the bench and reduced it to 65kg. Did 15 reps of each in 5:05 - bench was just way too hard.

Strength (18/04):

5 sets for time:
                                                            10 x 10kg Arnie Press
                                                            8 x pull ups
                                                            8 x 10kg dips
                                                            10 x burpees
                                                            10 x triangle push ups

Time: No record

Strength (20/04):

Outdoors with ~12.5kg DBs:

Push ups: 15x3
                                                            1 leg push ups: 15 x 4
                                                            Bicep curls: 15 x 4
                                                            Diamond push ups: 15 x 4
                                                            Shoulder press: 10 x 3
                                                            Pike push ups: 10 x 4
                                                            Handstand practice

Strength (23/04):

4 sets for time:
                                                            10 x burpees
                                                            10 x 12kg shoulder press
                                                            10 x 1 leg push ups
                                                            10 x chin ups

Time: 9:40

4 sets for time:
                                                            10 x 50kg bench press
                                                            8 x pull ups
                                                            20 x 14kg lunges
                                                            15 x BW dips

Time: 10:52

Comment

Cardio (24/04):

24km cycle.

Strength (25/04):

Squat: 60kg x 5 x 5
                                                              Press: 52.5kg x 5 x 5
                                                              DL: 115kg x 5 x 2
                                                              Bench: 80kg x 4 x 3, 70kg x 6 x 3

Comment

Cardio (24/04):

24km cycle.

Strength (25/04):

Squat: 60kg x 5 x 5
                                                                Press: 52.5kg x 5 x 5
                                                                DL: 115kg x 5 x 2
                                                                Bench: 80kg x 4 x 3, 70kg x 6 x 3
                                                                Is your bench 20kgs stronger than your squat or have you an injury?

Fair play on marathon time very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                                                  Is your bench 20kgs stronger than your squat or have you an injury?

Fair play on marathon time very impressive.
                                                                  No I was carrying a few small injuries since marathon so wanted to ease myself back in. Did find these pretty tough tho so will be interesting to see where I am. Same story with DL, can squeeze out higher.

Comment

Strength (28/04):

Bench: 80kg*5*5
                                                                    Squat: 70kg*5*5
                                                                    DL: 120kg*5*2
                                                                    Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 02-05-14, 11:44.

Comment

Cardio (29/04):

15km cycle

Cardio (30/04):

Tennis & 30 min kettlebell class

Cardio (01/05):

Tennis

Comment

Edited

Comment

Strength (02/05):

Bench: 82.5kg*5*3
                                                                          Squat: 80kg*5*3
                                                                          DL: 120kg*5*1
                                                                          Press: 55kg*5, 4, 52.5kg*4

Cardio (03/05):

4 sets for time:

10*18kg chest press
                                                                          10* chin ups
                                                                          15* dips
                                                                          20*12kg lunges

Time: 7:50

4 sets for time:

10*14kg shoulder press
                                                                          10* pull ups
                                                                          10*20kg goblet squat
                                                                          10 burpees

Did 2 sets at 4:24 and had to stop. Was hungover and confident if I pushed myself through last 2 I might have passed out! Very tough workout.

Comment

Strength (06/02):

Bench: 80kg*5*5
                                                                            Squat: 85kg*5*5 ssetted w 5*7*BW+5kg pull ups
                                                                            Press: 55kg*5, 4, 4 (creak in neck so stopped)
                                                                            DL: 100kg*5*3

Comment

Cardio (08/05):

4 sets for time:
                                                                              10*14kg shoulder press
                                                                              20*12kg lunges
                                                                              8*BW pull ups
                                                                              10*burpees
                                                                              Time: 9:41

4 sets for time:

10*14kg incline press
                                                                              10*1 leg push ups
                                                                              10*15kg KB swings
                                                                              8*BW chin ups
                                                                              Time: 6:35

Comment

Cardio (09/05):

Game of tennis.

Cardio (10/05):

1 hour class at gym including spinning, KBs and DBs - all low weight high reps. Not used to format so was very tough, burned a lot of calories I'd say.

At the minute I'm just focusing on dropping fat for the next month or 2. Main focus is on diet. Will workout daily but strength won't be a concern (maybe 1 session every 5 days). Never got into training for triathlon and don't think I'm up for it now. Might do a sprint one later in the summer.

Comment

Cardio (11/05):

Same 1 hour class with spinning, KBs, DBs and core work. Sweat zone.

Comment

Cardio (12/05):

30min TRX class & 15 min KB workout

Strength (13/05):

Bench: 80kg*5,5,1,3,5. Messed up positioning on the third set and went too quick again for the fourth.
                                                                                    DL: 110kg*5*3
                                                                                    Press: 52.5kg*5*3
                                                                                    Squat: 85kg*5*3
                                                                                    Pull ups: BW+15kg*5*3

Very pleased with that as I thought with the weight loss I'd be down on all lifts especially after the hiccup with bench press. But felt good in most lifts.

Comment

Strength/conditioning (15/05):

Pull ups: +20kg*5*2
                                                                                      Chin ups: +20kg*5*2
                                                                                      Dips: +20kg*10*2

Pull ups: +15kg*5, 4
                                                                                      Chin ups: +15kg*5*2
                                                                                      Dips: +15kg*10*2

10*1m box jumps supersetted with 14*1 leg push ups x 3

Going to take some AMRAP ideas from Lloyd's thread today and try 1 or 2.

Comment

Conditioning (16/05):

21-15-9-5-3-1:

32kg goblet squat
                                                                                        Push ups
                                                                                        Time: 6:48

10 burpee into 1m box jump x 3

21-15-9-5-3-1:

24kg goblet squat
                                                                                        Push ups
                                                                                        Time: 4:48

10 burpee into 1/2 m box jump x 3

Great workout!

Comment

Akin to man of the moment Hitch, I went on a 3 day bendy over the weekend and only got back to feeling some level of normal today. Was pretty weak so didn't over-do it:

Strength (21/05):

DL: 110kg*5*3 supersetted with 6*3 wide grip pull ups
                                                                                          Bench: 60kg*10*3
                                                                                          DB shoulder press: 20kg*10*3
                                                                                          DB flyes: 16kg*10*3
                                                                                          Seated lateral raises: 6kg*10*3

As always after such a wild few days I'm looking forward to returning to healthy food, exercise and not feeling like death.

Comment

Strength (22/05):

Squat: 85kg*5*3 supersetted with 14*1 leg elevated push ups
                                                                                            Press: 55kg*3, 50kg*5*3 (big fail on first set)
                                                                                            Barbell Shrugs: 100kg*10*3
                                                                                            Chin ups: +20kg*5, +15kg*5, +10kg*5, +5kg*5, +10kg*5, +15kg*5, +20kg*5
                                                                                            Dips: +20kg*10, +15kg*10, +10kg*10, +15kg*10, +20kg*3 (dropped weight, did 10 weightless)

Comment

Chin ups: +20kg*5, +15kg*5, +10kg*5, +5kg*5, +10kg*5, +15kg*5, +20kg*5
                                                                                              Dips: +20kg*10, +15kg*10, +10kg*10, +15kg*10, +20kg*3 (dropped weight, did 10 weightless)
                                                                                              Nice work with the weight chins and dips.
                                                                                              How long between sets?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                Nice work with the weight chins and dips.
                                                                                                How long between sets?
                                                                                                Cheers. About 50-60 seconds.

Comment

Cardio (03/05):

4 sets for time:

10*18kg chest press
                                                                                                  10* chin ups
                                                                                                  15* dips
                                                                                                  20*12kg lunges

Time: 7:50

4 sets for time:

10*14kg shoulder press
                                                                                                  10* pull ups
                                                                                                  10*20kg goblet squat
                                                                                                  10 burpees

Did 2 sets at 4:24 and had to stop. Was hungover and confident if I pushed myself through last 2 I might have passed out! Very tough workout.
                                                                                                  Conditioning (23/05):

Meant to do above but got mixed up and did pull ups in the first and chin ups in the second. Not much difference anyway. Times were:

Workout 1: 8:52
                                                                                                  Workout 2: 11:20

I think the time difference in first workout is because I did strict lunges this time alternating the leg each time whereas last time was 10 on one leg and switch legs.

The second workout was insanely hard. Hardest one of these I've ever done.

Weight has shot right back up after a few messy weekends and some bad food choices in the following days. In around 77kg atm but want to get back down to 75kg over the next month so will keep at the same type of training.

Comment

Conditioning (24/05):

21-15-11-5-3-1:

32kg goblet squat
                                                                                                    Push ups
                                                                                                    Time: 5:57

21-15-9-5-3-1:

24kg goblet squat
                                                                                                    Box jumps
                                                                                                    Push ups

Time: 8:50

Box jumps were seriously tough right after squats. Don't think I get enough depth on squats based on videos but figured out how to hold the damn thing!

Strength (25/05):

Hungover so took it easy. Did some chest/tris:

Incline DB: 20kg*10*3
                                                                                                    Flyes: 16kg*10*3
                                                                                                    Standing flyes: 12kg*10*3
                                                                                                    Dips: 20*3
                                                                                                    Tricep pulldown: 32kg*10*3

Comment

Strength (26/05):

DL: 120kg*5*3
                                                                                                      Bench: 82.5kg*5*3
                                                                                                      Press: 52.5kg*5*3
                                                                                                      Squat: 85kg*5*3

Happy with those numbers. I think if I was more confident in my squatting form I would have another 5-10kg in me.

Comment

Strength (27/05):

Pull ups, chin ups, dips:
                                                                                                        +20kg * 5, 5, 10
                                                                                                        +15kg * 5, 5, 10
                                                                                                        +10kg * 5, 5, 10
                                                                                                        +5kg * 5, 5, 10
                                                                                                        BW * 5, 5, 10

Lacking energy today so just did a quick workout.

Comment

Cardio (28/05):

5km run @ 24 mins. Been a good while since I ran this distance, was tough but glad I did it. Need to run more often.

Comment

Conditioning (29/05):

5 sets for time:
                                                                                                            10*18kg DB chest press
                                                                                                            10 box jumps
                                                                                                            10 push ups w legs elevated
                                                                                                            10 pull ups
                                                                                                            Time: 10:47

4 sets for time:
                                                                                                            10*22kg DB shrugs
                                                                                                            10*20kg goblet squats
                                                                                                            10*BW dips
                                                                                                            8*BW chin ups
                                                                                                            8*burpees
                                                                                                            Time: 9:56

Usual story. Tough going especially the burpees in the second workout but grinded it out. Some days I feel the diet a lot more than others and today was one of those days; can be difficult to motivate yourself to go to the gym when you're short on energy but a strong coffee got me in the mindset.

Comment

Strength (30/05):

Bench: 82.5kg*5,5,3 ... the last rep on first two was max effort so I wasn't confident going into third set. Was no one there to spot me but should've gone for 4th rep.
                                                                                                              DL: 60kg*5*2, 90kg*4, 110kg*3*2, 130kg*3*2, 90kg*7*2 ... was aiming for 5 reps @ 130 but couldn't grip the barbell properly in first and second was max effort to get 3rd rep.
                                                                                                              Pull ups: +15kg*5*3

Meh. Not a great workout but might get out for a game of tennis this evening. On the plus side weighed in at 75kg on the button and look in good shape. Still have some stubborn fat around core that I want to shift so workouts staying same for next few weeks.

Comment

Bank holiday weekends are not good for me. Ended up on the sauce another three days so diet and exercise fairly went out the window. Going to go for a healthy 2 weeks now before I head off on holidays.

Dropped the weights back a notch and went for 5*5:

Strength (05/06):

Bench: 80kg*5, 5, 5, 5, 4
                                                                                                                Squat: 80kg*5, 5, 5, 5, 5
                                                                                                                Press: 50kg*5, 5, 4, 4, 3
                                                                                                                DL: 115kg*5, 5, 5
                                                                                                                Pull ups: +15kg*5, 5, 5

Comment

Same story again - drank way too much over the weekend and as a result diet & exercise went out the window. Got back into it yesterday and have big plans for this week and next, with a lot of days made up of two workouts. For my workout in the gym I'm trying out Lloyd's style of training doing 1 compound lift and a high intensity class - other workout will be run/swim some mornings.

Strength/conditioning (09/06):

Bench: 20kg*10*2
                                                                                                                  50kg*5, 3
                                                                                                                  70kg*3
                                                                                                                  82.5kg*5, 4
                                                                                                                  80kg*5, 3

Disappointed with that. Ran out of time with the class beginning too.

30min TRX class

Strength/conditioning (09/06):

5km run @ 24:04

DL: 60kg*5*2
                                                                                                                  90kg*4
                                                                                                                  110kg*3
                                                                                                                  125kg*5
                                                                                                                  120kg*5
                                                                                                                  110kg*5
                                                                                                                  100kg*10

30 min kettlebell class

Daily diet looks something like: bowl of porridge, scoop whey, 3 eggs, 1/2 avocado, prawns, tin of tuna, 2 chicken fillets & a shit ton of veg. Been stuck trying to shift stubborn bit of gut last couple months but I reckon I'm about 2 weeks' clean eating and training away so hopefully I stick to it. Cannot wait to have some bulking days again soon.

Comment

11/06:

2km jog
                                                                                                                    10 shuttle run hill sprints

Wide grip pull ups: 10, 10, 8
                                                                                                                    Press: 20kg*5*2
                                                                                                                    40kg*3
                                                                                                                    50kg*5, 5, 4, 4
                                                                                                                    40kg*10

Comment

Conditioning (13/06):

1 hour class of spinning & KBs. Probably do the same class tomorrow and some squatting.

Comment

Strength/ conditioning (14/06):

Squat rack in use so used press machine where you add free weights.

Squat press: 50kg*10*2
                                                                                                                        100kg*10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 (30sec rest for down to 5 rep then 15 sec rest)

1 hour spinning and KB class
                                                                                                                        Last edited by FeetMagic; 14-06-14, 21:35.

Comment

Planned to do the same class again but legs were in bits so decided on an upper body workout. Was delighted when I hopped on scales and saw 73.1kg! Probably in best shape of my life ATM which is really my primary goal with this log. Another week of this and then 10 days eating/drinking what I want in the sun. Will be looking to put on some mass when I get back.

Strength/conditioning (15/06):

Shoulder press: 18kg db*7*1, 14kg*10*3
                                                                                                                          Bicep curls: 14kg db*10*3
                                                                                                                          Dips: 12*3
                                                                                                                          Pull ups: 8*2, 6*1
                                                                                                                          Incline bench: 16kg db*10*3
                                                                                                                          Lateral raises: 6kg db*10*3
                                                                                                                          Wide grip chin ups: 7*3
                                                                                                                          Tricep ext: 41kg*10*1, 50kg*10*2
                                                                                                                          Bent over row: 24kg*10*1, 22kg*10*2

Aimed for about 30 seconds between every set so this was pretty intense.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X