Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    He's not as stupid as he looks.
    The first one is golden

Comment

walk in production is lol bad. what has this sport become? amazing that there's still so much money in it

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
        @Strewelpeter Did you finish S-Town? What did you think?

I am not sure why but it is one of those things that has stayed with me since listening which doesn't happen too much. I often find my mind wandering to think about since hearing it.

Opr
        Oh man!
        I think it's one of the most powerfully human stories I've ever heard told.
        Early on I realised that I knew John, not just that I recognised bits about him in myself and in many people I have known but I soon saw other than circumstances they could just as well have been describing my brother in law who died recently.
        I think the reason it works so well is that unusually for anything these days pruporting to be a true story about real people nothing, beyond the obviously incriminating, is held back. Where have you ever heard both sides of a story as clearly and as honestly as we get to hear Rita's?
        Reed's hand is far from invisible as he becomes part of the story and there are some questions of voyuerism and intrusion into the privacy of that one guy in particular ... That one part might have been a mistake but nonetheless it feels important to the veracity and humanity of the work.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some scrap!

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
            Some scrap!
            klitschko all over AJ

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
              klitschko all over AJ
              All over him the last couple of rounds but should have finished him off. May come back to bite him.

Comment

i think AJ needed a breather and should finish from here

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  Who are you talking to P&F? You seem to be conducting a one person argument.
                  The voices in my head. They are still fighting.

Also I am bored and need to let loose.

Comment

That was a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                      That was a great fight.
                      fantastic second half anyway.

Comment

Thank fuck he knocked him out,judges had Joshua ahead on the cards would have been a farce if it went to the cards. Great scrap

Comment

Greg would ruin them both.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            fantastic second half anyway.
                            Best world title fight for a long long time. You don't get that second half without what went before.

Comment

Best heavy weight fight in many a year imho. I would forget a rematch and get an 'easy' defence fight and take on WBC champ Wilder ( I feel WBC is the main belt, sounds soo good)
                              I have to admit I didnt think Joshua could come back from a knock down punch and considered him too toned for stamina ( Bruno) but he showed heart and boxed his way back but tbh I didnt like it when he started giving the verbals in fight and calling a drug addict Fury out at the end.
                              If he maintains his discipline I cant see anyone taking him down for a few years.

Comment

Guitar wankerage alert.. oooh yeah...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

What a jam
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Just in from pub, for anyone interested Fitz Poker Festival started on Eir sports 1

Comment

The one problem with Cork weddings is that they are full of Cork people

At one point, I was asked if I would try hide my accent?

#Getfucked
                                    #Onlydubinthevillage

Comment

How have I never heard if leggs

Drink until 4.30

Epic
                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post
                                        Just in from pub, for anyone interested Fitz Poker Festival started on Eir sports 1
                                        Don't have it But not to worry watching this

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Here is a link from the Fitz fest ..YOU GUY SHOULD SO CALL IT THAT

Watch the full feature length directors cut of the 2016 Fitzwilliam Poker Festival. Featuring extra play action, additional player interviews and more behind...

The fitz kindly put it on their youtube. Thank you!

Lookin good fitzy!

Comment

Eddie rockets - bacon egg and pudding burger, sweet potato fries and kinder bueno shake. Lazare. You are onto a winner with the auld eddies

Comment

What are leggs?

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                What are leggs?
                                                each of the limbs on which a person or animal walks and stands.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                  each of the limbs on which a person or animal walks and stands.
                                                  How have I never heard if leggs

Drink until 4.30

Epic
                                                  Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                    What are leggs?
                                                    Wine bar on leason street that opens til late if I remember correctly
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Leftovers worth it for the soundtrack alone. Follow the playlist on Spotify.
                                                      Heading to work yesterday evening and this came on the radio.

Made for The Leftovers imo.

Villagers - "The Pact (I'll Be Your Fever)" from 'Becoming A Jackal', released 2010 on Domino Record Co.Subscribe to Villagers on YouTube: http://bit.ly/Vill...
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Pic of Gryffin!

Comment

One for Denny.

I scored 16, bigly.
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Leggs is a wine bar that stays open ridiculously late. Today is now a write off

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                              Eddie rockets - bacon egg and pudding burger, sweet potato fries and kinder bueno shake. Lazare. You are onto a winner with the auld eddies
                                                              ANFD AINEC

Comment

One for Denny.

I scored 16, bigly.
                                                                15 here,expecting a 20 from strewel

Comment

Probably not looking good when the vet asks you to leave a deposit before admitting the dog

Comment

@RD3: I'll be in Lords on Sunday along with three other cricket newbies. What should we be expecting? I presume Pimms will help us fit right in?

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                      Leggs is a wine bar that stays open ridiculously late. Today is now a write off
                                                                      Last time I was in Legs I was only out of bed for five minutes the following day and that was to open the door to the delivery driver.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                        @RD3: I'll be in Lords on Sunday along with three other cricket newbies. What should we be expecting? I presume Pimms will help us fit right in?
                                                                        Pimms me arse! If you want to try such things, get a Sipsmith summer cup, doesnt taste of chemicals

Don't wear GAA jerseys & you'd be grand!

Do the stalls, walk on the field during lunch if they let people on (very springy under foot)

As for watching the actual cricket, It's a bit like sitting on a deckchair watching the sea!

ooh and if you ask for directions, make sure they hear you say lords!

otherwise you will be sent here

I went back to the guy, said no mate Lords, he looked at me stunned, apologised and said he just heard the accent and assumed abbey road
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 30-04-17, 12:01.

Comment

Didn't realize it was next Sunday

How much tickets? any left?

might have to make the trip up!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Mate booked them, not too expensive maybe 30 or 40 quid I think.

We're basically going for the novelty and to get steamed tbh

Comment

Mate booked them, not too expensive maybe 30 or 40 quid I think.

We're basically going for the novelty and to get steamed tbh
                                                                              You won't get steamed on Pimms

Comment

Just had a blaa. As floury baps go, it was fairly decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                  Just had a blaa. As floury baps go, it was fairly decent.
                                                                                  With sausage, black pudding and brown sauce?
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Anyone watched American Gods premiere?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      I beg to differ.
                                                                                      Well, you can... But...

Comment

I have never been in Lords either.

'Pace yourself, it's a long day' would be best advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Sold out afaik. Looking forward to it now. Early flight on the Sun and back out again Mon am.

Staying up near Lords too so reckon Little Venice area for dinner rather than traipse down to the West End. Thoughts?

Comment

What's bbvs current phone of choice?

Comment

Going to any of the cricket in Ireland next month Raoul?

Comment

Sold out afaik. Looking forward to it now. Early flight on the Sun and back out again Mon am.

Staying up near Lords too so reckon Little Venice area for dinner rather than traipse down to the West End. Thoughts?
                                                                                                Don't know area that we'll, let me think about it

Comment

pork sambo from poulet bonne femme.
                                                                                                  with crackling
                                                                                                  fucking magic
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I owe you lots chadley.

Comment

I too owe you money Chadley. Lemme know where u want it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          pork sambo from poulet bonne femme.
                                                                                                          with crackling
                                                                                                          fucking magic
                                                                                                          From Avoca Rathcoole?

Yeah, an awesome sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                            With sausage, black pudding and brown sauce?
                                                                                                            Nah, spiced Beef with Cooleney Brie, onion marmalade, lettuce & mayo

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              From Avoca Rathcoole?

Yeah, an awesome sandwich.
                                                                                                              I'd guess Suffolk street is more likely, though should be the same sambo.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Tired of winning yet Denny ?
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                  Probably not looking good when the vet asks you to leave a deposit before admitting the dog
                                                                                                                  Kidney disease with not much hope. No idea whether to just put him out of his misery (he's also blind) or keep him around for as long as it takes for selfish reasons. Not sure I could make the call to pack him off after 11 years.

Comment

Kidney disease with not much hope. No idea whether to just put him out of his misery (he's also blind) or keep him around for as long as it takes for selfish reasons. Not sure I could make the call to pack him off after 11 years.
                                                                                                                    That's horrible m8. But you can't be selfish imo. If he's gonna be able to kick on with medication or surgery or whatever then do it but if it's best to let him go you should do that. Have to put the animal first.

Comment

Aw that's sad.

If the dog is not in pain. I'd hang on and let him have his last days with ye.

If in pain I'd rather him out of his misery. Friend of mine got her dog cremated and got a lovely thing done with ashes

We work with veterinary practices across the Republic of Ireland, in all of the 26 counties. Our memorial store provides a large selection of quality caskets, urns and pet remembrance items.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Mountaineer known as ‘Swiss Machine’ had been planning to ascend Everest and nearby Mount Lhotse next month

:-/

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

We had a cavalier king charles who had developed the heart mumor and fluid in his lungs. He just randomly pass out while walking and then wake back up a few seconds later. He was on 2 pills a day and that was manageable but the the texas summer came along and it got worse and worse. We were scheduled to move from texas back to europe august 11th 2015. By july it was so bad the vet told us he was going to have to be 16 pills a day just so he doesnt pass out. He wasn't in any pain and it was mainly just an inconvenience but we figured there was no way he would make the flight over. Took him on a bbq and cheeseburger tour of Dallas the weekend before and then on Monday put him down as flew out on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X