KK v LAG player live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KK v LAG player live

Just looking for some thoughts on a hand I was involved in lately.

Sb 300
    Bb 600

Villian calls utg.
    Hero KK raises 2300 on button.
    Villain has been playing lots of pots mostly calling and calling raises to enter pot. Seen him do it with a few rag off suit aces, QQ, and qj. He's been running really good, getting lots of hands and hitting.

He's got up to 100k
    Hero 34k

He calls the pre flop raise. We both see flop of 992.
    He checks
    Hero bets 3500k
    Villan quickly calls.
    Turn is A.

Villain checks
    Hero checks

River is 6

Villian bets 12k

Hero ?

Just looking for general thoughts on the hand.
    Will post result after some discussion.

Your raise pre is too big unless you know he is calling everything. 1600-2k should be fine normally.

Is he capable of a bluff in this spot? Does he better any hands other than and ace or 9 here. Like would he bet 88 for example do you think?

I call because i'm a station.

Comment

Any flush draws out there? If not, sigh fold.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
        Your raise pre is too big unless you know he is calling everything. 1600-2k should be fine normally.

Is he capable of a bluff in this spot? Does he better any hands other than and ace or 9 here. Like would he bet 88 for example do you think?

I call because i'm a station.
        My reason for raising big was I knew he was gonna call because he was not folding to any raise previous no matter what he was holding he was playing like 60-65% of hands regardless of position. He had already flat called pre with 88 and shoved over a raise from button with AK. Got it through.
        He's probably 60 years of age. Very unorthodox. I thought if he had a pocket pair he may do the same. He seemed to be calling then calling raises with Broadway/ suited/ connecting hands.
        To answer your question, yes he would be capable of the bluff. Seen him bet a river with King high and get called by a pair of tens.
        I took small pocket pairs out of his range when he check called the flop because he was being so aggressive previous that I'm sure he'd have donk bet the flop if he had an under pair. If he had over pair I think he'd have re raised my bet.

When he did not bet the A on the turn I thought id check back and see what he did on the river. My thinking was to call a 7-8k bet leaving me with something behind if I lose.

His big bet on the end looked kinda of strong to me. He seemed relaxed and didn't mind me calling. He seemed like he knew he was ahead.

I did think after the hand that maybe I should have bet the A. As I re raised him pre. But I felt at the time there's no point turning my hand into a bluff. And he had rag ace in his rage.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
          Any flush draws out there? If not, sigh fold.
          No there were no draws on board. First four were rainbow.

Comment

I agree with your opening raise size given the customer.

I call his river bet expecting to be ahead enough of the time

Comment

You know him well. 😉 Should have called given how reckless he was playing. And the fact he didn't bet the ace.
              Live and learn!

Comment

He has ace highs in his range on the flop. You need to bet the turn to find out where you are, then you may avoid a large river bet.

Comment

How were you playing up to this point?
                  What were the table dynamics? e.g was it generally an aggressive or tight table, was there alot of raising and or 3/4 betting pre ?
                  Did you have any history with the villian?

With the info provided so far I think the villians range is pretty pocket pair heavy, I wouldnt give him credit for many 9x's here except maybe A9s, 910s but most of these will have folded pre unless hes especially stubborn. I dont think we should exclude under pairs from a single earlier observation regarding him donking.

Players like to mix it up, maybe not all 60 year olds would call it playing "balanced" but its basically the same thing. So on the turn Id be giving him all combos of 66/77/88/99/10/10 12 of each with only 1 99 left and 6x66 equals 43. I think its unlikely hes playing trappy with JJ/QQ/AA but its possible so maybe one combo of each equalling 3. Two combos of 109s and two of A9s equalling 4. In total 50 combos of hands.

I like the check back on the turn for a number of reasons. Firstly I think another barrel will force our oppenent to play pretty correctly against us - he'll be folding most of his under pairs which were ahead of and calling any hands were behind against...maybe Ace rag that have got this far which I doubt, some 9x's.

Also the check behind will keep some of his complete air (if any) in his range and could induce a river bluff. I think alot of players will avoid this because they want to avoid having to make a tough decision on the river but tough decisions is what pokers all about!

I strongly disagree with betting soley for the reason of "finding where you are" Although having the initiative can have some advantages, most of the time we only want to bet for two reasons, 1) Make a better hand fold (in this particular situation very unlikely) 2) To get a worse hand to call (again very unlikely as most medium pocket pairs will fold after the A)

After we check back the turn I think our perceived range is very 1010-KK heavy although should have most of our AK/AQ as well. I think villians river bet looks at lot like a bluff trying to get us off our under pairs. What would really help is if you remembered his bet sizing for his King high bluff? Obviously not always the same but with certain opponents can be a give away.
                  So far we have 50 combos of possible continuing hands, how many of these are value hands likely to pot the river? 1x AA, 6x 66, 2x 109s 2x A9s equalling 11/50.

Without any other live tell info etc I think this is profitable call

Comment

Cheers for the input. He had been very stubborn previously, not leaving any hands he had played go too easily.
                    His King high bluff he had bet 3/4 of the pot. This did come in to my reckoning when faced with the river bet.
                    i folded in the end. I thought at the time it was best to leave it go and find another spot.
                    He looked down at his cards checked the first one and decided to show the other which was a j. Moments later announced he had jj. Why did it matter which one you showed so I said.

Comment

Working...
                    X