Too Nitty of a fold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Nitty of a fold?

First hand of the final table so i haven't played against either player. Happy to 3/bet(get it in versus original raiser but the cold 4 bet shove of different player threw me off).
    thoughts on this fold call? ICM? was this a bad fold? Am i too committed?

https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
    First hand of the final table so i haven't played against either player. Happy to 3/bet(get it in versus original raiser but the cold 4 bet shove of different player threw me off).
    thoughts on this fold call? ICM? was this a bad fold? Am i too committed?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...262_353DD212EC
    Seems redic nitty.
    We have 10k in the pot blinds antes 4200 raisers 4k so its 27k more to win an 82k pot your getting 2/1 with ak suited in a 2.50 sng cants ee how we can ever fold.

Comment

You can't be 3bet folding AKs with 19bb in that spot. You need to know what you're going to do against the other stacks before you 3bet. If there's ever a thought going through your head about folding, then just flat the raise and take it from there. Not too sure why you'd be happy to 3bet/Get In versus the original raiser who has you covered if you've never played with him either, but you fold to the other guy.

Comment

Just shove pre get called by worse and hold. If original raiser calls with a worse Ace and wins take a note to slowroll him in future. If someone behind cold calls with a worse pair than 88 and holds smash something close to you in the room. A mouse is easier to replace than a laptop

Comment

Ye I just shove it in pre

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            You can't be 3bet folding AKs with 19bb in that spot. You need to know what you're going to do against the other stacks before you 3bet. If there's ever a thought going through your head about folding, then just flat the raise and take it from there. Not too sure why you'd be happy to 3bet/Get In versus the original raiser who has you covered if you've never played with him either, but you fold to the other guy.
            My plan was to 3bet induce shove from original raiser because I was thinking he was opening light being the first hand of the table and the stack he had and hoped he might shove with a lesser ace or be flipping at worse. When the next player cold 4bets all in with his stack after the action that took place already I kinda jumped to the conclusion that he must have a monster in that spot.. so obv looking back I was committed, but is folding and playing on with 12/13 blinds bad in that spot?
            https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Criminal fold imo, as already said you're getting 2/1, and you've ak suited. You're going to be flipping a huge amount of the time and as well seeing as it's a 2.50 turbo on stars it really wouldn't surprise me if that player was shipping AQ occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                My plan was to 3bet induce shove from original raiser because I was thinking he was opening light being the first hand of the table and the stack he had and hoped he might shove with a lesser ace or be flipping at worse. When the next player cold 4bets all in with his stack after the action that took place already I kinda jumped to the conclusion that he must have a monster in that spot.. so obv looking back I was committed, but is folding and playing on with 12/13 blinds bad in that spot?
                You aren't calling because you are committed. You are calling as you have strong hand.
                And the player all-in doesn't necessarily have a monster. You are making too big a deal over the fact it was a cold 4 bet imo. Had he flat called the 3 bet, he'd be taking a flop verses you when you only had a PSB, and possibly a 3 way flop. I'd shove a lot of my range in his position, but not AA or KK.

Comment

just shove man, 3b folding is not good

Comment

Working...
                  X