6 Max Cash - Help Needed Micro levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Max Cash - Help Needed Micro levels

Right so i taught i'd put this up, over the last couple of months i've been playing 6 max micro levels over 50k hands im down about 100 buy in's for the level im at. Not a massive amount of money but enough to get me annoyed that i can't seem to beat the game

Honestly i think i've run really bad when i search though my hand histories i'm winning nothing with my big hands ie just picking up the blinds and my marginal hands are killing me. i would really like some help

so any pointers would be great

to start of he is 14k hands that i have on this laptop stats by position

anything else you need just ask!
    Last edited by pgodkin; 15-10-10, 15:45.

bigger pics please and link the 1st one
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

100 buyins is a typo im assuming??

Cant read the screendumps.
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

No Typo 100 buy ins

Comment

lol.

sorry phil

but not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
            lol.

sorry phil

but not really.

Thanks now do something useful and help me out, seeing as how i taught u to read live souls

Comment

Sort those screenshots out, they're unreadable.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                Sort those screenshots out, they're unreadable.
                Ok check back in like an hour i should have it sorted

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                  No Typo 100 buy ins
                  Holy shit there must be something majorly going wrong to drop 100 buyins in 50k hands, get those screenshots sorted quick.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

if ur losin 100 buyins in only 50k hands at micro stakes then maybe poker aint for you m8. (SORRY)

Comment

I dont think its possible to lose 100 buy ins at 20nl or under without doing something seriously wrong.

Fair play for sticking it up others would not.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by MikePattonHead View Post
                        if ur losin 100 buyins in only 50k hands at micro stakes then maybe poker aint for you m8. (SORRY)
                        We can rebuild him, we have the technology.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Danger danger. I would join a training site, watch videos and take notes.

I think you shoudl watch beginner series cos 100 Buyins at micros is pretty bad and you must have tons of abd habits.

If you really want to improve, you will neeed to unlearn whatever you ahev learn and start reapplying yourself in a new way as things obv arent working as they are.
                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I've been looking forward to this thread since you mentioned the -100 buy ins in 50k hands in the BBV. Assuming it's not a level put your stats up properly so we can help. Although I'm pretty sure alcohol must be heavily implicated in at least 70 of those buy ins.

Comment

My house mate started online cash at 5nl and watched tubasteve's vids on DC. Think he has some micro series. He was getting on well and said the stuff in the vids was exactly what he wanted.

Comment

Jesus lads sorry been away from the computer all weekend will though up stats in the morning first thing big thanks to some of the guys who pm me info will read over that and have said they will look over my stats for me!

Also i dont drink, i normally play about 10-14 tables of stt so do the same for cash think this might be a problem! dont drink but tilt is def a factor for me aswell will update this thread in the morning!

Comment

lol im a small winner in tournies ( also Stt and 90 mans) and have turned to cash and it hasnt worked out, so im looking for some help above comments arent really helpful so unleass you have anything useful to say dont hit "post reply" thanks anyway

Comment

Right guys, Here is my stats from the old place would be the best picture of my old database as i put alot of volume in (around 16k hands) during the christmas break

[/QUOTE]
                                    Originally posted by pgodkin
                                    Right over 6.5k hands in 6 max cash mainly 6 tabling, my stats are:

VPIP: 28.45
                                    PRF: 20.42
                                    W$WSF: 43.45
                                    WTSD: 33.17
                                    W$SD: 47.80
                                    AF: 2.64
                                    AFq: 48.73
                                    3bet: 12.6
                                    fold 3B: 44.49
                                    Att to steal: 30.75
                                    Fold BB to steal: 61.15
                                    Fold Sb to Steal 73.56

how do the above look??? Any suggestions on improvment??

Thanks
                                    Right Just completed 10k hands since Jan 1st, please point out anything u might think wrong, and any other stat that might be helpful

Edit: to say mainly 6 tabling but about 35% of the time im playing 9 tables

VPIP: 19.06
                                    PRF: 13.79
                                    W$WSF: 45.81
                                    WTSD: 30.35
                                    W$SD: 55.33
                                    AF: 2.95
                                    AFq: 49.45
                                    3bet: 9.37
                                    fold 3B: 56.68
                                    Att to steal: 21.68
                                    Fold BB to steal: 73.23
                                    Fold Sb to Steal 83.06

Thanks

Philip
                                    ok here's my stats per position
                                    New stats to follow

Comment

Here is my general stats from this level from my new database, about 15k hands

Edit: these stats are only over 15k hands
                                      Last edited by pgodkin; 18-10-10, 10:11. Reason: add edit

Comment

Don't have a lot of time or indeed expertise to look through them now but please tell me you're no longer 9-tabling. Cut it down to a maximum of four until you can iron out the leaks in your game.

Comment

Here's my stats based on position

Edit: these stats are only over 15k hands
                                          Last edited by pgodkin; 18-10-10, 14:15.

Comment

hey man just a couple of things that are really jumping out at me

1. your 4bet is higher than your 3bet?? might be a typo but in either case its very high. meaning you are spazzing a bit preflop

2. you are going to showdown too much. optimal is <30 i think.

3. you arent winning enough at showdown - this could be just running bad but more than likely it means that you are getting to showdown too often with weak holdings. generated from point 2.

4. you arent winning enough when you see the flop. you either need to be (a) more selective with what hands you play pf or (b) play better post flop. id concentrate on (a) until you are more comfortable with (b) - sorry if that sounds condecending but its just an opinion.

Comment

*subscribing*

Comment

Going to showdown way too much, but W$SD is reasonable so means you're missing a ton of value. 3 bet is too high. 4 bet is too high. Fold to 3bet is too low. Folding blinds is too low.
                                                Overall impression is that you're spewing a lot.

Comment

Looks like you're playing too loose from the sb too. Definitely tighten up there. Playing solid is what makes the money at the micros. Cut out the fancy plays and focus on getting value when you are ahead. Definitely play less tables until you are confident you are beating it.

Comment

Edit: nm seemed to have misread the stats
                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 19-10-10, 11:55.

Comment

sooooooo......

what site are you playing at exactly, and what times
                                                      ahem..
                                                      maybe i can help

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Could you stick up Cbet flop/turn/river and FCBET flop/turn/river?

Comment

Your cbet is far too low at 47%.
                                                          At micros you should have this at minimum 70%.
                                                          People fold far too much and pretty much auto cbetting will show huge profits.

You can be stealing a lot more than 28% but i wouldnt bother with this yet until your sort out the major leaks.

Start 3betting a lot more in position rather than in the blinds and playing big pots oop with fairly mediocre holdings.

Looks like your majorly spewing preflop from those 3 and 4bet numbers.

Tighten up a lot until you're more comfortable in re-raised pots and postflop.
                                                          Last edited by Starvin Marvin; 18-10-10, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                            Could you stick up Cbet flop/turn/river and FCBET flop/turn/river?
                                                            is this what you are looking for ?

Last edited by pgodkin; 18-10-10, 14:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                              Your cbet is far too low at 47%.
                                                              At micros you should have this at minimum 70%.
                                                              People fold far too much and pretty much auto cbetting will show huge profits.

You can be stealing a lot more than 28% but i wouldnt bother with this yet until your sort out the major leaks.

Start 3betting a lot more in position rather than in the blinds and playing big pots oop with fairly mediocre holdings.

Looks like your majorly spewing preflop from those 3 and 4bet numbers.

Tighten up a lot until you're more comfortable in re-raised pots and postflop.
                                                              Thanks for the above, one thing i have noted is that at the level im playing, players are donking alot oop

ex i raise btn with A10o, sb calls with flop is k36 ex player leads for a pot sizes bet....

and this is happening all the time, given that my stats are up is it because i fold off to many hands that miss the flop

thanks again

Comment

Thanks for the above, one thing i have noted is that at the level im playing, players are donking alot oop

ex i raise btn with A10o, sb calls with flop is k36 ex player leads for a pot sizes bet....

and this is happening all the time, given that my stats are up is it because i fold off to many hands that miss the flop

thanks again
                                                                Isn't that just free money if you're opening the sort of hands you should be opening - i.e. ones that hit the flop solidly when they hit?

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                  Don't have a lot of time or indeed expertise to look through them now but please tell me you're no longer 9-tabling. Cut it down to a maximum of four until you can iron out the leaks in your game.
                                                                  yeah will cut out the 9-14 tables i'll play 4 tables, i really want to start playing my tables stacked as im just tilting myself watching myself getting it in ahead and losing!

tilt is def a issue, even more so given the fact that im down so many buy-in's so really trying to calm myself, TBH im really shocked at myself I get raped in a live pot smile and not let it affect me, online a couple of times i've lost 60bb to a short stacker and proceed to go mad on every table i have, although am keeping better control of this

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                                    Isn't that just free money if you're opening the sort of hands you should be opening - i.e. ones that hit the flop solidly when they hit?
                                                                    sorry keane dont understand what your saying, are you saying that i should open fold A10o otb???

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                      sooooooo......

what site are you playing at exactly, and what times
                                                                      ahem..
                                                                      maybe i can help
                                                                      $5knl Heads up on boyles (pm me for username i've seen how bad you run i cant lose )

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                        hey man just a couple of things that are really jumping out at me

1. your 4bet is higher than your 3bet?? might be a typo but in either case its very high. meaning you are spazzing a bit preflop

2. you are going to showdown too much. optimal is <30 i think.

3. you arent winning enough at showdown - this could be just running bad but more than likely it means that you are getting to showdown too often with weak holdings. generated from point 2.

4. you arent winning enough when you see the flop. you either need to be (a) more selective with what hands you play pf or (b) play better post flop. id concentrate on (a) until you are more comfortable with (b) - sorry if that sounds condecending but its just an opinion.
                                                                        nothing is typo, all copied and pasted from PT thanks BK taken on board

Comment

yeah will cut out the 9-14 tables i'll play 4 tables, i really want to start playing my tables stacked as im just tilting myself watching myself getting it in ahead and losing!

tilt is def a issue, even more so given the fact that im down so many buy-in's so really trying to calm myself, TBH im really shocked at myself I get raped in a live pot smile and not let it affect me, online a couple of times i've lost 60bb to a short stacker and proceed to go mad on every table i have, although am keeping better control of this
                                                                          I was expecting some spastastic stats but the ones you posted up are not the stats of someone who loses 100 buy ins in 50k hands imo.

You can get all the micro advice about spots and plays that you want but if the majority of your losses are due to tilt then you need to take a look at this separately.

Also do you care if you lose a pot at the level you play?

Comment

$5knl Heads up on boyles (pm me for username i've seen how bad you run i cant lose )
                                                                            ohhh its happening
                                                                            i seen your stats

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

#39

thanks again
                                                                              Id make a note on them when they do it but generally then wont be leading strong hands although usually i see fish min donk rather than pot it and they generally fold to any raise.

Id post up some hands of spots that come up a lot that you arent comfortable with so people can give detailed advice.

As someone said above playing solid will get the money at micros, you dont need to be going nuts 3 and 4betting and running crazy bluffs all over the shop.

Comment

#40
                                                                                sorry keane dont understand what your saying, are you saying that i should open fold A10o otb???
                                                                                No I'm just saying it should be something that's pretty profitable for you, like when the flop comes 10 high and they donk bet pot into your A10...

Comment

#41
                                                                                  lol im a small winner in tournies ( also Stt and 90 mans) and have turned to cash and it hasnt worked out, so im looking for some help above comments arent really helpful so unleass you have anything useful to say dont hit "post reply" thanks anyway

I WAS tryin to help...dont play cash if ur stats are that BAD! i think thats pretty helpful advice to be honest.
                                                                                  good luck in the future anyways.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I WAS tryin to help...dont play cash if ur stats are that BAD! i think thats pretty helpful advice to be honest.
                                                                                    good luck in the future anyways.
                                                                                    lol i didnt ask whether i should keep playing poker or not i asked for advice on my stats and how to improve myself! thanks for the luck,

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                      I was expecting some spastastic stats but the ones you posted up are not the stats of someone who loses 100 buy ins in 50k hands imo.

You can get all the micro advice about spots and plays that you want but if the majority of your losses are due to tilt then you need to take a look at this separately.

Also do you care if you lose a pot at the level you play?
                                                                                      Thanks for this and it is also taken on board, i cant understand it at all, how my tilt is so bad online, i mean every since i started playing i had some level of tilt, but usally i just more annoyed at myself than anyone else putting me on tilt, but online it's like i take a couple of bad beats and i flip the fcuk out, and yeah when i started out i didnt really care but the more and more it happened the worse the tilt got! i did take a fairly long break from the cash and went back to online tournies, came back and done some volume and the problem as bad as ever!

Comment

#44
                                                                                        is this what you are looking for ?
                                                                                        Ye, you need to start barreling the fuck out of more turns and rivers, aswell as betting the flop more (which is odd actually, most people cbet too much if cbetting is a problem). Try, 2nd barreling every time you have a draw for a while, like anything, fd,gs, oesd, that should help a bit. (although realise that that is obviously over simplifying things)

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Preflop you are 3betting waaay too much. If you can get that stat down to about 6 or 7% then you're playing good solid poker. This is really easy to do if you start 3betting with a completely polarised range. Basically, when you 3bet you've either got TT+, AQ+ or some bullshit hand like 69s or K5s. You can start 3betting light again later when you're more comfortable with this style of play.

As said above, you should be cbetting way more than you are. 70-80% would be spot on for your level. But I think when you stop the rampant 3betting you'll be more inclined to bet into dry flops when you have the initiative, whatever cards you have.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Your stats don't suggest a person losing 100 buyins in 50k hands. That suggests that you are leaking rather badly in handreading.

Don't play back at people as much too. Remember that you are now 100bb deep rather than 20 or whatever.

I guess a huge thing would be to just post loads of hands and see what you are doing badly. Force yourself to read SSNL and uNL on twoplustwo, and try and see where the good players are better than you. Just force yourself to think more about every decision and what you want to achieve from it.

You obv really need to cut down tables too. You'll never improve playing 8+ tables or whatever it is.
                                                                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

#47
                                                                                              The stats don't show anything major wrong, at least not -10BBs/100 wrong
                                                                                              You are prob just getting tilty and then stacked too easily and repeatedly.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                the amount of tables is a huge thing if your a tilt monkey. i do pretty bad at online cash even though i'm not (a complete) fish. i have leaks no doubt but it's mainly because every few sessions i see red, go bananas and dump 10/15 buyins in a short session. this is while only playing 4/6 tables. drop down to 3/4 tables and learn to zen out in some way, not sure how the fuck to go about that though!

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                                                                                                  the amount of tables is a huge thing if your a tilt monkey. i do pretty bad at online cash even though i'm not (a complete) fish. i have leaks no doubt but it's mainly because every few sessions i see red, go bananas and dump 10/15 buyins in a short session. this is while only playing 4/6 tables. drop down to 3/4 tables and learn to zen out in some way, not sure how the fuck to go about that though!
                                                                                                  yeah this happens to me once or twice (obv more given recent results) its just part of it i suspose and this is one of the first things i need to get right! i was checking my 4bet PF hands last night didnt relise i 4bet like 76 and 62o alot for some reason more than KK and AA

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Post some hands as well Phil. That will give us a much better idea of what you're doing wrong imo.

And yeah i've been telling you for months that you have massive leaks in that you 3bet too much, call 3bets and 4bets OOP with bad hands too much.

Just try and play more solid, and start 3betting IP rather then from the SB and BB so much. 3betting with trash OOP so much is going to put you in terrible spots far too much.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      The best bit of advice I was ever given is to ALWAYS question why you are doing something, calling raising betting or folding! Always!

Everything else just falls into place after that, especially at our levels!
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                      X