Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Nobody will be evicted during this period. If you can't pay your rent don't pay your rent and it will all be figured out after.
    On the devil's advocate side of this:
    If you can pay your rent, do it.
    If everyone simply stops paying for anything, the cost of this will skyrocket.
    If your job is paying you, don't treat this emergency as a quick sneaky few quid.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I can see where the new world order prophecies of doom are coming from, but South Korea managed to get it from 1000 to <100 new cases per day in 2 weeks, using means that were relatively easily reproducible in well off countries. Given Western nations have a week or two to prepare and this evidence in front of them, why can't we all do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        Yeah, every other business is switching to contactless, while the post office is giving cash out to pensioners and the general public.

Presume they'd like to temporarily switch to online payments but not feasible to do immediately.
        Perhaps some EU directive to burning incoming cash into any financial institution and replacing it with new cash.

Some countries have already taken to it in order to curb the spread.

Comment

Still waiting to be called for testing having been referred yesterday.

My mate who is in a bad way rang his GP who was closed today. So he rang HSE line and explained his symptoms and being in contact with a confirmed case. He was told he will be fast tracked and called for testing by HSE nurse ASAP.

He got a call from HSE worker an hour later to be told he wont ne tested without a GP referral. Seems they are all over the shop. Understand it's very difficult but the numbers reported must be the very tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            I can see where the new world order prophecies of doom are coming from, but South Korea managed to get it from 1000 to <100 new cases per day in 2 weeks, using means that were relatively easily reproducible in well off countries. Given Western nations have a week or two to prepare and this evidence in front of them, why can't we all do the same?
            I'm in total agreement with you, I'm quite positive overall based on their numbers, especially given we have an even younger population than South Korea.

That said, they are so far ahead in terms of testing speed and healthcare facilities that replicating what they're doing is extremely difficult.
            The only country that seems to have the ability to match them is Japan.

I think we're doing the best with what we have. We're not going to match them so we have to take what we can of theirs(like the cash burning) and dissemination of information. We need to implement what is feasible.

Like Eoghan above, SK have people tested in 10 mins and results in 6-8 hours, we won't match that imo

Comment

I went to view a stunning apartment today, agreed to take it for 1200, just signed and paid deposit with agent when landlord rings to cancel as foreigners are giving the virus and his inlaws live in the same apartment block. We reason with him a bit through the agent and he says he will speak to his wife.
              Calls back a while later to say no problem if we get doctor cert and agree to pay 2000 a month as his inlaw is willing to take the risk for the extra 800 a month cash from us.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                If your job is paying you, don't treat this emergency as a quick sneaky few quid.
                Situational.

Canada is talking about reducing income taxes for those that can work. (or at least, "tax changes are an option we have" - the reduction of income is an opinion)

Let those who are remaining to work support their families.
                Let those who can't work be supported by the gov.

When it all blows over, and it will, and we start recovering, set a COVID Tax to help balance the books.

At least in my head that makes sense.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

First of all, in the scenario, you highlight (which is hopefully what happens), what happens to all the parts of the world that aren't well off? How does that affect the world's economy?

Also once we get it down to a small number of cases, we still need to keep up the drastic measures for months and months until we have a vaccine - think of all the industries that will affect. Millions and millions of people laid off all around the world.

So even in the most optimistic scenario, we're heading for a terrible recession.

Comment

Yea I don't expect we can match them but I'd take 3-4 weeks. That way, maybe schools could open (at least for 6th years) after Easter and we could be operating a 'foot & mouth' type of caution while continuing with relentless testing and isolation of positives.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                      I went to view a stunning apartment today, agreed to take it for 1200, just signed and paid deposit with agent when landlord rings to cancel as foreigners are giving the virus and his inlaws live in the same apartment block. We reason with him a bit through the agent and he says he will speak to his wife.
                      Calls back a while later to say no problem if we get doctor cert and agree to pay 2000 a month as his inlaw is willing to take the risk for the extra 800 a month cash from us.
                      Tell him to go fcuk himself, come back in a few months and you will get it for half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        Completely and utterly agree, and we intend to continue paying all subs like it’s a normal month. But for people who have been laid off, etc the reality is that they will not become destitute right now.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

On another note, any good pianists here with access to a midi keyboard?

Comment

Harrowing scenes

Comment

Don’t forget folks, while a vaccine will take time, there’s nothing to say that they won’t find some more effective means of treatment within 3 - 6 months. There’s hope that some old HIV drugs prove effective already, though formal trials are required.
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What a fucking asshat.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Boards thread is so bad. Lowest growth rate day so far for Italy and but the raw number has sent them all scatty.

Comment

Don’t forget folks, while a vaccine will take time, there’s nothing to say that they won’t find some more effective means of treatment within 3 - 6 months. There’s hope that some old HIV drugs prove effective already, though formal trials are required.
                                    The current timeline for a vaccine is estimated at 18 months+.

Apparently the calls for anything less should be ignored as anything less than that will undermine the process.

*I haven't read anything on the other treatments, more referring to Trump asking for the vaccine to sped up
                                    Last edited by Guest; 17-03-20, 18:06.

Comment

Boards thread is so bad. Lowest growth rate day so far for Italy and but the raw number has sent them all scatty.
                                      People get anchored to those numbers forgetting that they have 12.5x our population.

Comment

Dirty gouging bastard. Hope you told him to shove his 2k up his jacksie.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                          Harrowing scenes

Jesus Christ the fucking cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                            Dirty gouging bastard. Hope you told him to shove his 2k up his jacksie.
                                            Of course and if it hadn't been such a perfect apartment I'd just find it funny but really wanted the place and thought we had it for half an hour or so.

Comment

Finding this guy decent

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post

Finding this guy decent
                                                How does that compare to yesterday? Our 60-ish new cases doesn't seem too bad % wise..?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                  The current timeline for a vaccine is estimated at 18 months+.

Apparently the calls for anything less should be ignored as anything less than that will undermine the process.
                                                  Vaccine yes, treatment no. I was referring to treatment specifically: if they can find a drug that significantly improves outcomes for severely / critically ill that will ease pressure on health services.

Comment

Vaccine yes, treatment no. I was referring to treatment specifically: if they can find a drug that significantly improves outcomes for severely / critically ill that will ease pressure on health services.
                                                    Yeah read it back and clarified what I meant. I had that edited prior to seeing your reply.

As I said in the edit, more referring to the calls by Trump et al for speeding up the vaccine as people claiming <12 months is on the cards.

I haven't seen anything on the other treatments.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      Jesus Christ the fucking cringe.
                                                      Its Paddys Day . I prefer this than the normal binge drinking mess we usually get. Watching grown men puke all over temple bar makes me cringe even more.

Good voice on him .

Comment

How does that compare to yesterday? Our 60-ish new cases doesn't seem too bad % wise..?
                                                        I'm starting to realise how little the number of cases matter. The real stat should be the number of tests done and completed.

Comment

Ill wait till someone else overlays comparatives vs other countries but we are holding @ 31% increase last 3 days

Last edited by Fullof..It; 17-03-20, 18:30.

Comment

Of course and if it hadn't been such a perfect apartment I'd just find it funny but really wanted the place and thought we had it for half an hour or so.
                                                            Unlucky. Hope you find better for cheaper. Good luck with the search.

Comment

Obviously will be lead time before actions we've taken flow through and i think we hit it earlier and more broadly than Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                I'm starting to realise how little the number of cases matter. The real stat should be the number of tests done and completed.
                                                                You feeling better Eoghan?
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                  Its Paddys Day . I prefer this than the normal binge drinking mess we usually get. Watching grown men puke all over temple bar makes me cringe even more.

Good voice on him .
                                                                  I'd be happy if everyone in that video was killed as a precaution.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    It really is the end of the world as we know it.

Its as if we went to sleep one day in 1937 and woke up in the middle of 1941 right smack in the middle of a world war. I don't think that is an exaggeration of the scale of the effect this is going to have on lives.
                                                                    Was thinking a few days ago about starting a thread for predictions of how things change. Would be interesting to look back on.

Comment

RTE's film of choice tonight is a distressing depiction of a family on the breadline and facing realities of being homeless. Prob a bit on the nose for many to be enjoyed right now.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

4.5% of tests positive.

Surely, this has to be a big positive as this subset would have being displaying cv symptoms

I wonder what numbers random testing would look like. One other thing, there has to be infected and recovered out there that the virus bounced off without even registering with the person.

The denominated is understated here but to what scale Im unsure.

Comment

Obviously will be lead time before actions we've taken flow through and i think we hit it earlier and more broadly than Italy.
                                                                          I find some of the death to infection ratios fascinating.

Spain 510 D to 11,400 I
                                                                          Germany 24 D to 9226 I

Swiss 27 D to 2742 I
                                                                          Japan 29 D to 878 I

How can these incompatibilities be explained? More\less testing, better treatment, older population, faster or more extensive mitigation\suspension measures?

Dutch 43 D to 1705 I
                                                                          Norway 3 D to 1452 I
                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Germans are attributing the deaths to underlying conditions rather than CV in many cases. Maybe others doing the same?

Comment

Quiet reflection here but as a civilisation, at this moment in time, I find it soul soothing that we as a species are rallying and doing whatever needs to be done to save lives especially when those lives our are most vulnerable

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Spain 510 D to 11,400 I
                                                                                Germany 24 D to 9226 I

Swiss 27 D to 2742 I
                                                                                Japan 29 D to 878 I

How can these incompatibilities be explained? More\less testing, better treatment, older population, faster or more extensive mitigation\suspension measures?

Dutch 43 D to 1705 I
                                                                                Norway 3 D to 1452 I
                                                                                Read somewhere there is a suspicion the Germans are not attributing deaths to covid in cases where there is comorbidities.
                                                                                Eg person with COPD contracts Coronavirus and dies, death is recorded against copd
                                                                                Can’t remember whether I read that somewhere reputable or from some twitter drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  You feeling better Eoghan?
                                                                                  Much better. The other lads seem to be more severe than me. I did get a delivery of a cocktail of pills though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Spain 510 D to 11,400 I
                                                                                    Germany 24 D to 9226 I

Swiss 27 D to 2742 I
                                                                                    Japan 29 D to 878 I

Dutch 43 D to 1705 I
                                                                                    Norway 3 D to 1452 I
                                                                                    Testing & age are the primary drivers.

Over 90% of Italian deaths are over 70 years of age.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                      Set up some old fashioned home games tonight

$11 @ 8
                                                                                      $22 @ 8.30
                                                                                      $22 rebuy @ 9

POKERSTARS

Cash tables aswell. No idea if they will run but be good craic to get the band back together

CLUB ID : #3216682

Invitation code : 12345678
                                                                                      .

Comment

Just got a text for my test tomorrow at 4pm in Newbridge.

Comment

Much better. The other lads seem to be more severe than me. I did get a delivery of a cocktail of pills though.
                                                                                          What pills, is the obvious question? Don’t worry - it won’t be taken as medical advice.

Comment

Nobody will be evicted during this period. If you can't pay your rent don't pay your rent and it will all be figured out after.
                                                                                            The first sentence above is probably true. Not certain though.

The second sentence is sensationally bad advice. The rent increase cap doesn't apply to first rents so if a landlord has a chance to get rid of someone on a reasonable rent then not paying for a month or two would give them a pretty solid reason for evicting you when the Covid thing passes.

If you can't pay it then you can't pay it. But don't assume there won't be consequences eventually for that.
                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The Social Worker perspective on this. Watching some story on families being cooped up together.

"Child abuse is going to go through the roof". She's right too, scarily so.
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just back from town. Main offenders not obeying the rules I could see were cafe nero and supermarkets, both open with no social distancing.

Also rough sleepers being tested regularly with results ten mins later apparently. Didnt know what was possible.
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Just got a text for my test tomorrow at 4pm in Newbridge.
                                                                                                  Fuck man. Forget COVID, shower yourself in disinfectant once you get home from Shelbyville. Way worse there than covid.

get well soon.

Comment

What pills, is the obvious question? Don’t worry - it won’t be taken as medical advice.
                                                                                                    Ibuprofen and steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      Bit too steep for me. $22r and everything

Posted this last night, and would happily set it up again.

Could do something like:

7pm - $5 NL Holden
                                                                                                      7.30pm - $5 Omaha
                                                                                                      8pm - $5 HU
                                                                                                      8.15pm - $5 Omaha Hi/Lo
                                                                                                      8.30pm - $10 NL Holden ME

Prizepool as generated for all games above, but also points awarded based on players+finishing position.

$10 entry that goes into the overall leaderboard and paid out to top 2/3

Can work on something a little more concrete if enough people are interested. Thank this post and I'll look at something later, and we could run it on Thurs or Friday.
                                                                                                      is it too late to join the 7 or 7.30

Comment

Quiet reflection here but as a civilisation, at this moment in time, I find it soul soothing that we as a species are rallying and doing whatever needs to be done to save lives especially when those lives our are most vulnerable
                                                                                                        I thought the same until today. Just got home from Derry. Had to go in and collect what will probably be the last wage packet. Most of ye know I'm bi polar and as a consequence classed as disabled. The job in Derry was a night time security gig in a 76 bed tourist hostel. The lads who own it have closed it for a fortnight. Reality is it never reopens. Anyway. Got a bus from the ghost town that is Letterkenny. Only outlets open were the chemist and Sean Graham bookies. Hungry bastard. Even paddy power shut. Got the bus in . 2 of us on it. Get to Derry. Gangs of teenagers and some pubs open. On way to collect wages came across 10-12 teenagers lads and girls harassing a poor homeless woman. Their method of harassment ?? Taking turns to cough and spit at the old woman and taunting her with " I gave you the virus you're gonna die tomorrow." Men women and children walked by and looked the other way. I watched in awe for a full minute or so and then started kicking holes.Poor woman having a panic attack by now. Took a couple of minutes to disperse the vermin. Calmed the woman . Took her to a cafe and got her a pot of tea and a sandwich. Got the bus back home to Letterkenny completely disillusioned with the youth of today. I mean for fuck sake. If that's the best the young people can come up with to entertain themselves I despair I really fckn do. Nothing for it but to roll a big fat green joint and get stoned. Unbelievable scenes.
                                                                                                        Last edited by limpwhacker; 18-03-20, 04:06. Reason: Typo

Comment

Leo giving us a pep talk at 8.55 on vm1

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                                                                                                            is it too late to join the 7 or 7.30
                                                                                                            Those games you quoted havent been set up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                              Just back from town. Main offenders not obeying the rules I could see were cafe nero and supermarkets, both open with no social distancing.

Also rough sleepers being tested regularly with results ten mins later apparently. Didnt know what was possible.
                                                                                                              As much as I agree that they should be closed. Arent they just "guidelines" that they're asked to follow? Not official rules until govt announces a shutdown? Suppose it proves that no matter how much you publicise and ask, some people dgaf

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

This is utter bollocks you were fed I'd imagine. How could they test random people and have results in 10 mins when there is sick people waiting 4 days?

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                                                  I thought the same until today. Just got home from Derry. Had to go in and collect what will probably be the last wage packet. Most of ye know I'm bi polar and as a consequence classed as disabled. The job in Derry was a night time security gig in a 76 bed tourist hostel. The lads who own it have closed it for a fortnight. Reality is it never reopens. Anyway. Got a bus from the ghost town that is Letterkenny. Only outlets open were the chemist and Sean Graham bookies. Hungry bastard. Even paddy power shut. Got the bus in . 2 of us on it. Get to Derry. Gangs of teenagers and some pubs open. On way to collect wages came across 10-12 teenagers lads and girls harassing a poor homeless woman. Their method of harassment ?? Taking turns to cough and spit at the old woman and taunting her with " I gave you the virus you're gonna die tomorrow." Men women and children walked by and looked the other way. I watched in awe for a full minute or so and then started kicking holes.Poor woman having a panic attack by now. Took a couple of minutes to disperse the vermin. Calmed the woman . Took her to a cafe and got gear a pot of tea and a sandwich. Got the bus back home to Letterkenny completely disillusioned with the youth of today. I mean for fuck sake. If that's the best the young people can come up with to entertain themselves I despair I really fckn do. Nothing for it but to roll a big fat green joint and get stoned. Unbelievable scenes.
                                                                                                                  Nothing but absolute scum. But for every one of those, there's you, doing the right thing, being humane.

There's always going to be a certain, minority element and they should be dealt with more bluntly than current laws allow, especially at a time like this

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is utter bollocks you were fed I'd imagine. How could they test random people and have results in 10 mins when there is sick people waiting 4 days?
                                                                                                                    You're correct.

Maybe Eamo getting mixed up with testing time and results time.
                                                                                                                    There are some tests that can be done in 10 mins and results in 6-8 hours.
                                                                                                                    We're not there with the results time but possibly some testing being done within 10 mins.
                                                                                                                    Results still taking a number of days or 6-8 hours at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                      You're correct.

Maybe Eamo getting mixed up with testing time and results time.
                                                                                                                      There are some tests that can be done in 10 mins and results in 6-8 hours.
                                                                                                                      We're not there with the results time but possibly some testing being done within 10 mins.
                                                                                                                      Results still taking a number of days or 6-8 hours at a minimum.
                                                                                                                      There is a 10 minute test, Irish company developed it, not sure that it’s been used just yet though

Comment

Leo on the box at 9. Bit worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          Leo giving us a pep talk at 8.55 on vm1
                                                                                                                          It's on RTE and VM1 at the same time by the looks of it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X