• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post flop check jam

Morning lads.

Hand from tournament the other night.

Hero 37k, Villain 28k @ 300/600.

Hero K K in the cut off, raise to 2,000. Folded to villain in BB who flats.

Flop 6 8 9

Villain checks, hero bets 4,000. Villain jams 26,000.

Hero?

Only about two hours of history in current tournament. Villain has previously folded twice two double barrels from hero.

Note: don't question pre flop raise size, I was villain here. I just wondered whether a call could be profitable here.
    Last edited by *PocketRockets*; 03-03-17, 12:01.

snap call

Comment

Why a snap call? He's almost dead to:

6 combos of 6 6
      6 combos of 8 8
      6 combos of 9 9
      6 combos of A A
      6 combos of 7 10
      6 combos of 5 7

And not a huge favourite over hands like As 7s, As 10s (or any other nfd for that matter)

Comment

Check jamming for 3.25x pot with 43bbs?

Is it 2005 again?
        Last edited by Dice75; 03-03-17, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post

6 combos of 6 6
          6 combos of 8 8
          6 combos of 9 9
          6 combos of A A
          6 combos of 7 10
          6 combos of 5 7

And not a huge favourite over hands like As 7s, As 10s (or any other nfd for that matter)
          only half looking on way to meeting but....

lets remove 7/10 and 5/7. Highly unlikely to be here against most villains
          lets also discount sets. A Jam here doesn't sound like you want to be called.
          That leaves AA, AA with As shuts the hand down? so....no.

I I had to put you on a hand, I'd say combo draw or nfd with pair.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

6 combos of 6 6
            6 combos of 8 8
            6 combos of 9 9
            6 combos of A A
            6 combos of 7 10
            6 combos of 5 7

I'd say 1 combo of 710 and 57 because it's pretty poor to call more than a 3x in BB with either of these holdings.

Why would you ship 66,88,99 on that flop? If you don't think it's a snap call with KK, then shoving sets is a huge mistake because you're allowing your opponent to fold so many hands you have dominated. That leaves you with AA, and why would BB also ship AA there?

That leaves all the 87s, 67s, maybe 108s. Even if you ship QsJs there, KK is still favourite. I'm also snapping as HJ says because it's almost always a draw, and we only really hate Js10s

Comment

5 7 and 7 10 suited aren't that unlikely are they?

And AA might find the texture of the board worrying and jam, no? Same with sets?

Say you have 66 here (which I didn't). Firstly you want to charge a 7, or flush draw. Secondly if you ARE up against an overpair, there are an awful lot of turn action killers.

Comment

I wouldn't pay much attention the raise size, anyone with any sense realises that pretty much any raise commits the raiser to the pot, even a raise to 10k means the effective stack has committed a little less than half his stack to the pot, so he should call all in with pretty much any hand bar a stone cold bluff.

I think you are really over thinking this hand, you have a good overpair with a pretty shallow pot to stack depth. Think of all the hands that might check raise all in here, tens, sevens, queens, 97, 9T, flush draws, A9, combo draws etc etc. Its a heads up pot and your opponent isn't really representing a very strong range. I think this situation is pretty similar to getting in 77bbs with KK pre. Sure your opponent will turn up with aces sometimes, but he also will turn over JJ, QQ etc etc

Comment

What's your calling range if you fold kings here

Comment

6 combos of 6 6
                    6 combos of 8 8
                    6 combos of 9 9
                    6 combos of A A
                    6 combos of 7 10
                    6 combos of 5 7

first of all,your combos are incorrect.

there is 3 combos of 66,88,99 left not 6 of each.also lets give him all the T7s and 57s which is 4 combos each .also will give him 98s and 96s and 86s .
                    so it looks more like this:

66 3 combos
                    88 3 combos
                    99 3 combos
                    57 4 combos
                    T7 4 combos
                    86 2 combos
                    98 2 combos
                    96 2 combos
                    ---------------------
                    23 combos versus these combos u have little equity but still have some.

now if you give him 96s and 86s then we should also give him 56s,67s,T9s,JTs,87s,97s and also throw in some A7s,A9s,A8s,A6s so:

56s 3 combos
                    67s 3 combos
                    T9s 3 combos
                    JTs 4 combos
                    87s 3 combos
                    97s 3 combos
                    A7s 4 combos
                    A9s 3 combos
                    A8s 3 combos
                    A6s 3 combos
                    -------------------
                    32 combos versus these combos u have more than 60% equity i would imagine as a guess.

throw in there some random flush draws like KQs ,KJs,ATs and stuff like that then you will see that with the amount in the pot,this is a snap call .

Comment

6 combos of 6 6
                      6 combos of 8 8
                      6 combos of 9 9
                      6 combos of A A
                      6 combos of 7 10
                      6 combos of 5 7

If you (as the villain) are correct to over-shoving those hands it's precisely because you are going to get snapped called by KK. The call justifies the range, not the other way around.

Maybe you have those hands sometimes, but it's certainly not the bulk of your range.
                      At first glance is looks like you've a pair/draw combo or maybe complete air trying to get him off AK.

Comment

Working...
                      X