Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
      The guy did all his training in Kenya, he lived in Ireland for 6 months somewhere in the last 2 years. I wonder what visa he was on? Definitely not an Irish citizen anyway.
      It's nothing to do with being a citizen, it's a club competition.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Freddy Situk races pretty much every race. He won that virgin media night run in April, runs for Raheny week in week out.

There was no mention of this at all last year when Sergiu Ciobanu won it. Or when an American guy won the senior championship a couple of years ago.

The obvious reasons behind it are sad but I suppose expected.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Surely doing all his training in Kenya would leave him at a handicap when it came to running the Dublin Marathon, what with the presence of roads and lack of gazelles.
          Quite the opposite. Doing all your training at high altitude is a huge advantage when racing at sea level.

Excellent genetics help too.

Comment

Surely doing all his training in Kenya would leave him at a handicap when it came to running the Dublin Marathon, what with the presence of roads and lack of gazelles.
            High altitude training would more than compensate.

Comment

How is he doing all his training in Kenya at the same time as racing for Raheny every week in Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Freddy Situk races pretty much every race. He won that virgin media night run in April, runs for Raheny week in week out.

There was no mention of this at all last year when Sergiu Ciobanu won it. Or when an American guy won the senior championship a couple of years ago.

It was Gary O'Hanlon who made it the story.

Comment

Comment

When I mentioned the lack of gazelles on the streets of Dublin as opposed to Kenya, were ye thinking I was engaged in serious analysis?
                    Well a stag ran into the race and knocked a lad over in the PP yesterday.

Comment

Comment

I started off v conservative, the 4hr guys were gone in the distance. The 4:10 pacers passed me at Kevin st and were ahead of me until about mile 7. I then picked it up and finally overtook the 4hr guys at the KCR.

I gained about 400m on them until Roebuck. I died around there. The most the legs had suffered was 20 miles, and I was grand until about 22.5, still cheering and high fiving kids, but I hit a wall at Clonskeagh. They caught me going up heartbreak, then I lost them going down Fosters.

At the end of Nutley Lane they were on my back and my left leg went. Agony. Just seized up, I thought that was it, game over, but I hopped and screamed for about 50m then the pain went, was able to run it out.

I then ran with the 4hr guys in a world of pain until the last km. Let loose then, found something in me and ran the last 800m or so at 10k pace.

What a day.
                        Ha that's some journey to a sub-4! Losing the pacers going over heartbreak would be, well.. heartbreaking - serious guts to get back on.

I sat with them pretty much the whole way and then got slightly ahead of them on Nutley Lane. I'd say I crossed the line a couple hundred metres ahead of them and pretty much at exactly the same point as you.

My lowest point was actually coming out of the Park at about 11k. Was really feeling the sun beating down, took my first gel and then had a quasi-Paula Racliffe moment - managed to hold it in and hold it together thankfully!

Really is a great day though - the amount of supporters in pretty much every suburb you pass through is unreal.

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                        Good morning Carlop, how are your feet ?
                        Ha similar to Conor my feet are fine, but the whole section between knee and butt-cheek is a struggle.

Well a stag ran into the race and knocked a lad over in the PP yesterday.
                        This happened right in front of me - was crazy. Don't know how nobody else was hit as it was at a very narrow part of the course (behind the zoo I think). Maybe next year they can market it as a Marathon / Pamplona double.

Comment

Comment

I think the Moldovan guy is naturalised, and will run for Ireland though.
                            I don't think that you should be born in Ireland, or even a citizen to qualify. But I'd do think 6 months is a little short. How long has Freddy Sittuk been here? 6 years different to 6 months imo.

Comment

What seems like the only logical solution to even out the playing field between Irish and Kenyans, is we either train the Irish in how to avoid wild animals while running marathons, or introduce animals to the course that your average Kenyan wouldn't have the required expertise in avoiding.
                              Well the PP is on the north side.

Maybe open the zoo cages of Cabra and Finglas

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                Well the PP is on the north side.

Maybe open the zoo cages of Cabra and Finglas
                                It'd be like an episode of The Walking Dead.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  Lots of joy amongst the handful of theatre people I know at ex-gate director Micheal Cólgan being outed as a Weinstein-lite sex-pest.

Michael Colgan, who this year stepped down as artistic director of the Gate Theatre in Dublin, has been accused by three women of making inappropriate comments

Been described to me as 'a day of complete joy'.

I don't think its going to develop into a rapey-rapey story but it's likely to put an end to his expected happy retirement of dinners with the president and invites to the best premieres.
                                  Kevin Spacey squirming too.

Kevin Spacey has come under fire for opening up about his sexuality, stating that he is living “as a gay man”, in a statement in which he apologised for any “inappropriate drunken behaviour”with a  14-year-old in 1986.
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

What seems like the only logical solution to even out the playing field between Irish and Kenyans, is we either train the Irish in how to avoid wild animals while running marathons, or introduce animals to the course that your average Kenyan wouldn't have the required expertise in avoiding.
                                    Badger dodging in next years event to level the field

Comment

I remember last summer the local meet and train club were running a 10k and half marathon, about a half hour before the race Freddy appears from the Dublin bus (2 1/2 hour journey) holding a small bag with a pair of shoes and tracksuit wondering where the starting line was. Nobody knew who he was. Freddy won easy collected his prize and was back to Dublin on the next bus. There was a great buzz around watching him plus his interaction with the kids during and briefly afterwards was great for the event.

As for Sergiu hes living and working in the country just over 10 years now. A real tipperary man with his Irish wife. Was impressive when he worked 50 plus hours a week in a phyiscal job and still running such 2.20ish in marathons at the weekends.

Comment

Whatever about the costume but posting it on Twitter yourself this lad mustn’t like being employed

Mun you can pretty much guarantee there was lads out in blackface in local town last night,saw a lad as Venus Williams last year

Comment

Loving Chris deBurghs response when
                                          some aul' fella held Rosannas face
                                          and helped himself to a snog.

Daddy ambles over &
                                          plants his lips on the geezers mouth.

Aul' fella can't really raise an objection
                                          or miss the point.

Shame he does the same with nannies.
                                          Last edited by DeeBrown; 30-10-17, 13:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                            He’s playing paedophile Gore Vidal in an upcoming movie too,wtf
                                            Clinton’s seem to have awful bad luck with their friends turning out to be sex pests,Clinton flew with spacey on Epstein’s jet,awful bad luck altogether
                                            Last edited by Guest; 30-10-17, 13:42.

Comment

Seth Macfarlane called it again

Comment

Comment

Comment

What's your thinking here - that maybe Clinton was a front for a cabal of elite pedos? Is that where your thinking is at?
                                                    Nah more that they are just common scumbags with scumbag friends. The Epstein shit is shady and not tinfoil territory btw

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                        Seth Macfarlane called it again
                                                        https://youtu.be/M4dHf6jnwaU
                                                        So did Brendan O'Connor in 2004 who i presume has his nose put out of joint by Mr.S somehow and decided in time-honoured journalistic fashion to use his platform to stick the boot in.

ABIT like cottages, dogs are getting a bad name. Not that there is any suggestion that Kevin Spacey was either dogging or cottaging the night he lost his mobile. He was merely out walking the dog, in a public park, at half four in the morning. If the dog needs walking the dog needs walking. You have to let the mutt out now and then. It's a natural human, I mean canine, urge.

Anyone who darkened the door of a pub in Dublin city centre in the late 90s couldn't help but hear stories about Mr.S and his good-time Charlie antics while here filming ODC.

Comment

Actually read the Epstein criminal charge sheet back in the day when TheSmokingGun used to post those types of things. He is indeed very much a scumbag. Not sure it reflects much on Clinton though.
                                                          Bill Clinton flew on Epstein’s Lolita express 26 times,he ditched his secret service protection 5 of those times and flight logs show a number of those times one of Epstein’s suspected underage girl procurers was on board. Epstein’s antics would have been well known in high flying circles.what do you think he was doing on the plane,giving speeches about the NI peace process?

And yes the Washington Times is a right leaning paper but is considered reliable
                                                          QUESTIONABLE SOURCE A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no

Comment

Hole in the Wall bar has rather upped its game. Although reduced boy-child to tears with the spiciness of its chicken wings.

Fine spot on the edge of the Phoenix Park

Comment

Got the brother set up with sky today on a good deal thanks to SatNav. At home in bed but never off the clock lol. Ipb delivers again

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Hole in the Wall bar has rather upped its game. Although reduced boy-child to tears with the spiciness of its chicken wings.

Spoke too soon. Tried to overcharge us by 25% and took 15 minutes to persuade them of their error. The East European definition of customer service still leaves a lot to be desired.

Reminds me of the infamous occasion when the HHE encountered the worst service in Pardubice.

Comment

No sign of Eamo at the airport. Asked about 20 different staff for him and they all looked puzzled. I'd say he's having us on with this airport lark

Comment

Spoke too soon. Tried to overcharge us by 25% and took 15 minutes to persuade them of their error. The East European definition of customer service still leaves a lot to be desired.

Reminds me of the infamous occasion when the HHE encountered the worst service in Pardubice.
                                                                    I don't know how people rave about that Pigeon House place in Clontarf. Had the steak special which was just a pathetic striploin incorrectly cooked with chips and it was €25. Also they seem obsessed with dumping a load of salad on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      I don't know how people rave about that Pigeon House place in Clontarf. Had the steak special which was just a pathetic striploin incorrectly cooked with chips and it was €25. Also they seem obsessed with dumping a load of salad on everything.
                                                                      Mrs DIII loves it and has been on multiple occasions. I wouldn't be much of a fan myself.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                        Got the brother set up with sky today on a good deal thanks to SatNav. At home in bed but never off the clock lol. Ipb delivers again
                                                                        Handy sale for me, lying in bed dying with a hangover. Much appreciated

Only had to send an email.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I hope you asked them as to the whereabouts of Gilligan!?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                            So did Brendan O'Connor in 2004 who i presume has his nose put out of joint by Mr.S somehow and decided in time-honoured journalistic fashion to use his platform to stick the boot in.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-26220084.html .
                                                                            Thats a fairly nasty piece from O'Connor, I doubt he'd be particularly proud of it now. In fairness to him he seems to have grown up a lot since then.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Had booked a restaurant for the aul lads 70th on Friday night but when we arrived there was no record. Had been there a few times and had rang on the mobile when making the booking so was able to tell her when it was made and she seemed to know straight away who had taken it.

Anyway place was full so only option was a table at 9.15 so we pottered across to the pub. She insisted on footing the drinks bill even though i said it wasn't that much of an error lol. To be fair we didn't go too mad, just what we would have anyway (bit awkward as you are conscious of it) Total bill €465, food bill paid €186

Did hand her an extra €50 tip into her hand on top of the usual one.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                No sign of Eamo at the airport. Asked about 20 different staff for him and they all looked puzzled. I'd say he's having us on with this airport lark
                                                                                2014 called they want their joke back

Comment

...

Comment

I could possibly Google this.
                                                                                    Have you been following Swedish submarine guy who is still denying murder story. 'Ah yeah I did chop up her body, and dump it at sea, But she was already dead like'
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                      Hi m8. Any tea?

Comment

Lunch is better for a 70th

Comment

Yo folks, my best mate is getting married this year and I'm his bestman I've seen some bestman stuff posted here over the years, any pointers/tips on writing the speech greatly appreciated.

What's the general etiquette when it comes to the gift seeing as I'm part of the wedding party? I'm gonna get him a nice watch but should there also be something for both?
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Tough audience

Comment

Ah let him make the joke, it's probably his first time on a plane.
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

While Duke III is probably not even your real surname. Is that how a missus Duke would be referred to in practice? I would have thought that even if someone had a 'III' after their surname the wife would not adopt that part of the surname in the massively outdated patriarical practice of adopting the man's name.

I could possibly Google this.
                                                                                                You may be overthinking this one a bit, especially as you have lunched with the lady in question a few times.

I'd like to say that Mrs DIII had taken my name in real life but 12 years in and she still shows no inclination to doing so.

Comment

That’s my local lovely spot other half lives the decent selection of wine.

Comment

A Live Trump press conference today would be class
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

The indictment stuff is pretty interesting for sure, now they are after Manafort for tax fraud etc will it lead to Trump and shady banking dealings. George Papadopoulos is significant, lets see where it leads and to who else.
                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        Thats a fairly nasty piece from O'Connor, I doubt he'd be particularly proud of it now. In fairness to him he seems to have grown up a lot since then.
                                                                                                        Yes it's hard to know what his motivation was here.

Although Wikipedia says this about him during the same time period of 03/04 (when he was, in fact, approaching his mid-30s)

"O'Connor supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq by the United States government.

He wrote frequent articles about the model Katy French, who died on 6 December 2007. French publicly announced her disdain for O'Connor, deeming him a "gutter journalist."[citation needed].

In early 2004, O'Connor enraged some of his colleagues by strongly supporting management during an industrial relations crisis over forced redundancy."

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                              The indictment stuff is pretty interesting for sure, now they are after Manafort for tax fraud etc will it lead to Trump and shady banking dealings. George Papadopoulos is significant, lets see where it leads and to who else.
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Father Brian & the Fun Lovin' Cardinals - Who's In The House?https://www.dailyedge.ie/whos-in-the-house-jesus-in-the-house-3547602-Aug2017/‘Well I like to b...

Comment

New Peaky Blinders on BBC, Nov 15th 9pm. This makes me happy.

Comment

I clearly wasn't clear!!! I meant that if indeed your surname had a III in it. Such as actually being Raoul Duke III and your wife decided to change her surname to yours upon marriage, would she take the whole surname i.e. Duke III or is the III part dropped when the wife adopts the surname.

To take Donald Trump Jr as an example (I think jr is used for 'son of' while III is used for 'son of son of'). Does his wife become Mrs Trump Jr or just Mrs Trump?
                                                                                                                    The Jr/III pertains to the first name so the wife is unaffected. e.g. Golfer Davis Love III's wife is just called Robin Love.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                                      Yes it's hard to know what his motivation was here.

Although Wikipedia says this about him during the same time period of 03/04 (when he was, in fact, approaching his mid-30s)

"O'Connor supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq by the United States government.

He wrote frequent articles about the model Katy French, who died on 6 December 2007. French publicly announced her disdain for O'Connor, deeming him a "gutter journalist."[citation needed].

In early 2004, O'Connor enraged some of his colleagues by strongly supporting management during an industrial relations crisis over forced redundancy."
                                                                                                                      I think he lives around the IFSC, quite frequently see him walking about. He looks unhealthily cavernous and gaunt.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                        New Peaky Blinders on BBC, Nov 15th 9pm. This makes me happy.
                                                                                                                        Tyvm.

Comment

I think he lives around the IFSC, quite frequently see him walking about. He looks unhealthily cavernous and gaunt.
                                                                                                                          Huge gaff on Merrion road the last time I've delivered stuff to him.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X