running it again and again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running it again and again

Player utg+1 goes all in in a cash game for €60 after the flop, 3folds Call €60 3folds BB all in €220
    middle player says can we run it twice, BB says 3 times, mid agrees and calls .
    floor announces that the main pot can only be run once and they carry on.

My question is : Isnt this completly unfair to the player who moved allin in the first place as he now has to beat two hands both of which has a chance not only to take the main pot but to get their stacks back if they split the side pot ?

Secondly having allowed it, after the 3rd run the side was split 50/50 as BB won the first but lost the second and won the 3rd but was deemed to be one all with the mid player for the side pot as the first run was exclusively for the main pot ?

First run should have continued as normal. If UTG+1 wins that run, then he takes that pot. Then 2nd best hand between other 2 counts as a win in their favour. Then run the next 2 hands and player who wins most takes side pot.

If UTG+1 loses first hand then it's just most wins between the other 2 for the total pot.

That's how I'd expect it to go, unless I'm missing something.

Edit : Just re-read it. Yes it's unfair to player A. They shouldn't be allowed to agree on number or runs before betting has finished. Not sure how to rule in that case.

Comment

They should not have allowed the hand to be run more than once as it is unfair to the first all in player imo.

If I was at the table and not involved in the hand I would not like that as if I wanted to sit and watch others mess about with poker (running the whole board 3 times) I would have sat at home looking at youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesDublin View Post
        First run should have continued as normal. If UTG+1 wins that run, then he takes that pot. Then 2nd best hand between other 2 counts as a win in their favour. Then run the next 2 hands and player who wins most takes side pot.
        This is not how it works anywhere.

Regarding the side pot only - each of the 3 times is for 1/3 of the side pot.

So the first run is for all the main pot + 1/3 of the side pot as the short stack was all in.

Comment

Working...
        X