folding while playing the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

folding while playing the board

At our local game on Friday night it was heads-up and this situation came up. Blinds were 5k/10k and button flat calls, flop is A 2 3 rainbow both check and turn is a 5 were BB bets 16k and button calls, river is a 4 no flush and BB beats 30k button calls and BB shows J4 and says i already had the straight at this point button throws his cards into middle face down, dealer ( 1 of the players knocked out deals the FT ) asks him is he folding and he says yes so dealer burns cards and passes chips to BB, the people around the table say the oblivious that it was a split pot as the straight was on board and dealer says that the button didn't show his cards and had folded so BB kept the chips, collusion or chip dumping is not an issue here, BB and dealer are regulars and button plays very rarely, right decision or not.

must show your hand to claim part of the pot.

Comment

when i was asked my opinion that is what i explained to everyone, earlier in the night i was asked about this hand , player1 had pushed his chips to player2 after the river had been dealt and walked off but another player at table not involved in hand said that player1 had hit 2 pair and had won the hand and off course a loud debate started, as i was at another table i just asked were all the cards face up of both players, all said yes and the decision was that player1 had won and although he wasn't at the table the chips were put in front of his seat and blinded away,

Comment

Originally posted by winkey66 View Post
        when i was asked my opinion that is what i explained to everyone, earlier in the night i was asked about this hand , player1 had pushed his chips to player2 after the river had been dealt and walked off but another player at table not involved in hand said that player1 had hit 2 pair and had won the hand and off course a loud debate started, as i was at another table i just asked were all the cards face up of both players, all said yes and the decision was that player1 had won and although he wasn't at the table the chips were put in front of his seat and blinded away,
        Print off a copy of a rule book, get a large wooden notice board. When people argue with correct rulings point at the rule book and then hit them with the notice board.

Comment

13: Playing the Board at Showdown.
          A player must show all hole cards when playing the board in order to get part of the pot.

10: Declarations
          Cards speak. Verbal declarations as to the content of a player's hand are not binding;
          however, any player deliberately miscalling his hand may be penalized.

15: Killing Winning Hand
          Dealers cannot kill a winning hand that was tabled and was obviously the winning hand.
          Players are encouraged to assist in reading tabled hands if it appears that an error is about
          to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by winkey66 View Post
            At our local game on Friday night it was heads-up and this situation came up. Blinds were 5k/10k and button flat calls, flop is A 2 3 rainbow both check and turn is a 5 were BB bets 16k and button calls, river is a 4 no flush and BB beats 30k button calls and BB shows J4 and says i already had the straight at this point button throws his cards into middle face down, dealer ( 1 of the players knocked out deals the FT ) asks him is he folding and he says yes so dealer burns cards and passes chips to BB, the people around the table say the oblivious that it was a split pot as the straight was on board and dealer says that the button didn't show his cards and had folded so BB kept the chips, collusion or chip dumping is not an issue here, BB and dealer are regulars and button plays very rarely, right decision or not.
            Right decision but the wrong question from the Dealer here, Instead of are you folding he should have said , its a split pot turn your cards. As with the Floor the Dealer must insure the fairness of the game and in this case thats a split .Yes I know the player should see it but in the Interest of Fairness the dealer needs to be proactive .
            Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantispoker View Post
              Right decision but the wrong question from the Dealer here, Instead of are you folding he should have said , its a split pot turn your cards. As with the Floor the Dealer must insure the fairness of the game and in this case thats a split .Yes I know the player should see it but in the Interest of Fairness the dealer needs to be proactive .
              Actually, the dealer needs to muck the cards without saying a word. Dealers arent there to protect players or influence the game. they are their to facilitate the action. If the player wants to muck the dealer needs to let him make the mistake.

Its fairness for the dealers not to point out a players errors, yes technically it would be a split at showdown, but the players are the ones who need to now this fact and show their hands.

It is up to the player to recognize that they hold a winning hand, if not then they can table it and anyone can read it

Similar situation for clarification.
              players are heads up.
              board reads AKQJ10 of spades, the stone cold nuts. Player A bets
              Player B says, "too rich for my blood" and folds.
              This is also a split pot, should the dealer point out the fact that the board can't be beaten and allow B to call?
              No, he folds the cards and B kicks himself for not paying attention.

Comment

Fair point defo not interesting your right for sure
                Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Working...
                X