Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 02-06-11, 09:06   #41
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk Magnet View Post
agree with all the above but ur looking to make it 12 we have 13 names who gets unlucky??
Whoever transfers to AndyFB first imo. Andy needs to open a new account and transfer funds in together so we get a new deposit bonus. Once he puts up his preferred means of transfer, we'll take the first 12 or so that sort him out. Every single interest list that's ever been done ends up different when it comes to actually transferring money accross

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
Not too sure about this. Perhaps they could get whatever their share was after the last round they contributed to? If we do well we could seriously screw someone with this rule.
It's to avoid the Twitch episode in the other thread where he hasn't posted in a month. If it's an ongoing thing, then nobody has actually won any money yet so even getting your initial stake back is pushing it. Obv we can take things into account if someone hasn't been online or not posting due to whatever, but in order to keep the betting moving, we need to make sure people are betting frequently. If we're constantly left waiting on one person to put their bets up, then a token gesture of returning them their buyin is more than fair imo
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 11:08   #42
connie147

I missed the last one and would love to be involved if theirs room?
connie147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 12:28   #43
eagle eye
Should've gone to Specsavers

Location: Slowly making my way toward the inevitable mortal ending
I'd love to get in too. Suppose if this ones full we will just have to start another one.
Old 02-06-11, 13:08   #44
Donk Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushdraw View Post
Whoever transfers to AndyFB first imo. Andy needs to open a new account and transfer funds in together so we get a new deposit bonus. Once he puts up his preferred means of transfer, we'll take the first 12 or so that sort him out. Every single interest list that's ever been done ends up different when it comes to actually transferring money accross
thats all well and good but should there not be a time limit set that the 1st 12 names can get the money across . imo its only fair that the 1st 12 people should get the chance personally ill be online for only a short time today and im away till sunday so its tough s**t on me if andy posts up tonight where he wants it transferred 2 and i cant get on till sunday and it fills up when i was the 1st name down for it ??
Donk Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 13:45   #45
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Keane
Why are we limiting it to 12 of all numbers?
Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 13:57   #46
Donk Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane View Post
so it dosnt take forever to get a round finished i suppose
Old 02-06-11, 14:13   #47
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
Have you ever played an event where they have a small 10 handed satellite just before it kicks off. There'l be 5 people registered for it, and the TD will announce 'Last 2 seats available for out 10 handed satellite.' Similar principle

If we said 20 people, then 20 people would put their names down with another 4/5 asking can they get in. You can be 100% sure that not all of the 20 would play in the end. If we say 12, then if forces people to get off their arses and get their money transferred across before one of the people knocking on the door is allowed to take their place.

I have no problem whatsoever letting Connie and eagle eye in which will bring the number to 15, but i'd only be expected 12/13 of the names to transfer funds before we agree to kick things off. I'm not trying to take over donk magnets thread, but i've organised enough similar things to know how it works.

12/15 is a good number imo and i'd be happy to kick off once we reach one of those targets. Just waiting on Andy to give us a couple of accounts we can transfer so we can really get it moving
Old 02-06-11, 14:17   #48
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

I just don't want to exclude people who want in, I'd feel bad and probably withdraw since I'm already in the other syndicate.
Old 02-06-11, 14:21   #49
Donk Magnet

well i wont be able to transfer funds till sunday afternoon working all weekend so wont get a chance to get on . what i would suggest is if its a bet 365 acc being set up for handiness we could all send andy a ukash so its all going through the 1 way and just makes it simpler imo.
Old 02-06-11, 14:37   #50
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
I just don't want to exclude people who want in, I'd feel bad and probably withdraw since I'm already in the other syndicate.
Quote:
well i wont be able to transfer funds till sunday afternoon working all weekend so wont get a chance to get on . what i would suggest is if its a bet 365 acc being set up for handiness we could all send andy a ukash so its all going through the 1 way and just makes it simpler imo.
I think you're fine Keane. We have 15 names now. I think we should close the door at that and let's get transferred. I'd like to get it kicked off on Monday provided Andy can get everything sorted. I'll transfer €40 across to include you providing you get the money back to me by Monday at the latest John. We should run with whatever numbers we have by Monday imo

The ukash thing is a terrible idea. He needs to make 1 lodgement into Bet365 to get the maximum deposit bonus. If Andy receives a ton of ukash vouchers, he's going to have to lodge them into one of his accounts before he can withdraw/transfer to the betting acount. I'm sure a poker site transfer/moneybookers would work better for Andy
Old 02-06-11, 14:43   #51
Donk Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushdraw View Post
I think you're fine Keane. We have 15 names now. I think we should close the door at that and let's get transferred. I'd like to get it kicked off on Monday provided Andy can get everything sorted. I'll transfer 40 across to include you providing you get the money back to me by Monday at the latest John. We should run with whatever numbers we have by Monday imo

The ukash thing is a terrible idea. He needs to make 1 lodgement into Bet365 to get the maximum deposit bonus. If Andy receives a ton of ukash vouchers, he's going to have to lodge them into one of his accounts before he can withdraw/transfer to the betting acount. I'm sure a poker site transfer/moneybookers would work better for Andy
ye thats grand ill just send u a ukash if thats ok tony or if u want boyles or anything like that i can put it in the shop for u will have it done by midday sunday.
Old 02-06-11, 14:47   #52
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
ye thats grand ill just send u a ukash if thats ok tony or if u want boyles or anything like that i can put it in the shop for u will have it done by midday sunday.
ukash is fine for me
Thanks From:
Old 02-06-11, 15:14   #53
TheJiggaman

ugh, is this done on Bet365? Can't believe I didn't notice that. The majority of my bets would have been on UFC doubles,how fights end etc. Paddy Power is where I always bet on it :/ Bet365, looking here, are fairly limited compared to Paddy Power bet markets.
TheJiggaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 15:25   #54
A_CitizenErased
Previously Mahony92

Have to agree with Kendo here.

PP would be extremely better in terms of laying bets IMO.

Let me know when and where to ship the 20 and I will.
A_CitizenErased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 15:34   #55
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

Bet365 double your deposit up to €200 - free money ftw.

EDIT: We can always lodge most of the money to bet365 to avail of the bonus, and some more onto PP to cover the MMA bets.
Old 02-06-11, 15:35   #56
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
Have to agree with Kendo here.

PP would be extremely better in terms of laying bets IMO.

Let me know when and where to ship the 20 and I will.
You can't lay on PP.
Thanks From:
Old 02-06-11, 15:43   #57
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
Bet365 double your deposit up to 200 - free money ftw.

EDIT: We can always lodge most of the money to bet365 to avail of the bonus, and some more onto PP to cover the MMA bets.
More important - get ur ass over to the real syndicate & use up ur last 13 for this weekend
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 02-06-11, 15:45   #58
Donk Magnet

Quote:
You can't lay on PP.
i think he means lay-off bets
Old 02-06-11, 15:46   #59
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT