Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 13-07-11, 20:19   #1
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Premiership 2011

Going to stick up predictions for Premiership 2011. We'l go top 3, relegation and Top Goalscorers so anyone can join in. Things will change over the next month but as i see it.

Think the bookies have it right with their outright betting going for Man U, Chelsea and Man City top 3. Would still hope Arsenal can do something this season but not expecting miracles. We did beat Man U 1-0 without Nasri and Fabregas towards the end of last season so if we can get some of that heart back, you never know. Wouldn't be putting too much hard earned money on them tho.

I'm more interested in seeing if there's to be money made in the Relegation and Top Goalscorer markets. I'm thinking Swansea, Wigan and Blackburn will all go down this season. If QPR can hold onto Taarabt and a couple of hours they might be ok, but i think Blackburn need to do something drastic to stay up.

Top Goalscorer is difficult. Think Man City could bang in the goals but their strike force could change before the season begins. Hernandez could well be the front runner but whether he'l score 20+ i don't know.

Premiership

Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea

Relegation

Blackburn
Wigan
Swansea

Top Goalscorer

Rooney
Suarez
Dzeko

Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 21:00   #2
Donk Magnet

wow carroll has to be a great bet there @ 20s if we sign downing and another winger hel be getting alot of ball .

anyway predictions
top 3
man u
city
liverpool

relegation
wolves
wigan
swansea

top scorer
carroll
rooney
van persie ( if he stays fit)
Donk Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 21:18   #3
KevIRL
Administrator

^^^^

Definitely in the blue zone at the mo

KevIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 21:26   #4
Trigger

Going to go with.

Top 3 :
Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City

Relegation:
Norwich
Swansea
Wolves

Top Scorer:
Saurez
Torres
Balotelli
Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 21:27   #5
BigDeal

Lol very good. The same graph could be used for Arsenal btw
BigDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 22:17   #6
burkeyoa

Top 3

As a gunner am hoping we can hold on to one of nasri and cesc. If we do an a few additions I believe we can go close again

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd

Relegation

Think if wigan lose N'Zogbia and Hugo they will definitely go down. Think the problems at QPR will see them return to the championship. And the last spot will probably be numerous teams will be filtering with it all season including Norwich and Blackburn.

Norwich
Wigan
QPR

Top Goalscorer

Van persie
Hernadez
Torres
burkeyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 22:28   #7
Loopz
Legend

top 3

chelsea
man city
man utd

bottom 3

wigan
swansea
norwich

top scorers
torres
rooney
Bent
Old 13-07-11, 22:43   #8
The Situation
Champ Champ

Cutting down on antipost betting this season as I'm def a lifetime loser on antipost football, bit of a leak. Ties up too much funds as well.

Only standout bet I'll be doing is Newcastle relegation @ 7/1. Pretty shocking forwards, haven't replaced Carroll, Nolans goals will be missed as well. They don't seem to be spending much to replace these either. Enrique is been linked away too. They've a retarded interfering owner whose liable to fire a manager after a few poor results and he's definitely having a negative affect on the team overall.
Old 13-07-11, 23:03   #9
jack90210

Dzeko and Baloteli? Really?
jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 13-07-11, 23:18   #10
eagle eye
Should've gone to Specsavers

Location: Slowly making my way toward the inevitable mortal ending
Lol @ making any predictions at this stage. I think you have to wait until most of the early transfer activity is out of the way. Most clubs have not been active this season so far. Blackburn have over £40 million to spend and haven't signed anybody yet.
Old 14-07-11, 11:25   #11
shanboghted

Premiership

Chelsea
Man Utd
liverpool

Relegation

Blackburn
norwich
stoke

Top Goalscorer

Suarez
torres
bent
shanboghted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-11, 11:44   #12
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Keane
If the squads today are what starts the season I think United are pretty nailed on to win it again.

EDIT: Darren Bent must be a lay for top goalscorer considering Villa have lost Young and almost certainly Downing, along with a pretty damn defensive manager taking over.
Old 14-07-11, 12:45   #13
shano_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
Lol very good. The same graph could be used for Arsenal btw
Arsenals graph would be close to the exact opposite.
shano_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-11, 13:27   #14
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

Yeah chill out on the betting til the transfer market's settled a bit. Although I really like the look of 2/1 Wigan to be relegated. They are a totally shit two-man team.
Old 14-07-11, 14:13   #15
BigDeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano_88 View Post
Arsenals graph would be close to the exact opposite.

How do figure that?
For the last five or six years I'm listening to my arsenal mates telling me all summer how their team is finally ready and next season will be the start of their domination, a good run in August/Sept and they're all excited, I just laugh and say come back in the depths of winter and see where you are.
Dec/Jan/Feb kills off Gunners every year.

The only real difference is Arsenal might hit rock bottom a bit later(Jan/Feb) and their "wait for next season" stage starts a bit later (mid March maybe when they finally admit they will win nothing)

Last edited by BigDeal; 14-07-11 at 14:22.
BigDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-11, 14:47   #16
NuckChorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane View Post
If the squads today are what starts the season I think United are pretty nailed on to win it again.

EDIT: Darren Bent must be a lay for top goalscorer considering Villa have lost Young and almost certainly Downing, along with a pretty damn defensive manager taking over.
Chelsea will def be adding some big-shot striker before season starts. Think they'll be top three ahead of Arsenal or Liverpool. I like Darren Bent for top goalscorer due to him taking penalties, and usually gets lots of them. Agree the Downing and Young is a big loss tho. N'Zogbia (if signed as a replacement) is nothing like them and is a lot more selfish so won't get half as many assists. Also, Wolves won't get relegated. Swansea/Norwich/QPR all likely to struggle and go back down, Wigan could challenge if one of those gets a good home run going (most likely Norwich).
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-11, 14:50   #17
NuckChorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
Although I really like the look of 2/1 Wigan to be relegated. They are a totally shit two-man team.
Did you not see the appearances of big Conor Salmon towards the end of last year? Him getting the goals created by James McCarthy will keep them up easily.*

*may be a slightly Irish biased opinion (although I actually did like the look of Conor Salmon)
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-11, 18:04   #18
CHDog
Creative when bored

Send a message via MSN to CHDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris View Post
Did you not see the appearances of big Conor Salmon towards the end of last year? Him getting the goals created by James McCarthy will keep them up easily.*

*may be a slightly Irish biased opinion (although I actually did like the look of Conor Salmon)
Sammon is cack.

Wigan will go down with Norwich and a fight will happen between Newcastle, QPR and Swansea.

Apparently Torres is happy, nearly back to 100% fitness and looks sharp. 10/1 is worth a punt for top goalscorer
CHDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-11, 18:24   #19
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris View Post

Both Sammon and McCarthy do look like they have real potential, but potential doesn't keep you up.
Old 14-07-11, 18:56   #20
Donk Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD View Post
Sammon is cack.

Wigan will go down with Norwich and a fight will happen between Newcastle, QPR and Swansea.

Apparently Torres is happy, nearly back to 100% fitness and looks sharp. 10/1 is worth a punt for top goalscorer
he was happy at liverpool too . not a bad punt tbh hes a top class striker and is gonna score goals wherever he plays think u can forget abt last season i predict chelsea will see the real torres very soon a great man once said form is tempeorary class is permanent .
Donk Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling