GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    BK that overs is available at 5/6 with powers??
    cheers just seen that now - will be getting on there instead

Comment

I'll follow. Gogo
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
        Had a feeling that handicap was too generous to Mayo, almost an embarassment for them yesterday. London have gained quite a few county players and didn't have them during league so knew they'd improve a bit..didn't think they'd be quite that close though!
        Moving on, in football this weekend a Kerry, Cork, Tyrone, Kildare, Dublin straight accum pays 3/1 which seems like money for jam to me. Throwing in Kerry hurlers and Toulouse in Top 14 final and you get 4/1 for a little more value. Be a surprise if any of them lose to be honest, famous last words though.
        Made a nice few bob on my crystal ball gazing there!
        "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          Only 2 bets in the GAA today

Over 32.5 points in the Dublin/Laois game @1.65

Meath to win @3.1 (breaks my rule but whatever thats pretty good value)

Staying away from Cork because no Value and staying a country mile away from Ulster
          never breaking my rule again re meath

Felt the other bet was great and would put it on again in the morning given the chance - just need to run better

Comment

never breaking my rule again re meath

Felt the other bet was great and would put it on again in the morning given the chance - just need to run better
            I prob put the mockers on the bet, running pretty Offaly myself of late.

Laois keeper made some fantastic saves in his personal battle with Connelly who should have scored a hat-trick. Also there wasn't half enough added time in either half for the amount of stopages. Both of the above were detrimental to the overs.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              I prob put the mockers on the bet, running pretty Offaly myself of late.

Laois keeper made some fantastic saves in his personal battle with Connelly who should have scored a hat-trick. Also there wasn't half enough added time in either half for the amount of stopages. Both of the above were detrimental to the overs.
              Intended? lol
              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                Intended? lol
                Yes, thought it was apt in this thread...
                Profit before people.

Comment

Any thoughts on this weekend? Lots of club championship games and looking at my own county theres serious value to be had as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by deyrzuited View Post
                    Any thoughts on this weekend? Lots of club championship games and looking at my own county theres serious value to be had as ever.
                    Do elaborate please?!

You can't go wrong backing Dr Crokes, South Kerry and Laune Rangers in the Kerry c/ship anyway. Not much value in the inter-county games at the weekend really...Carlow on the handicap maybe..

Comment

Wexford should easily beat a Young Westmeath team minus 1 at evens with Powers..

Actually taught handicap be closer 3-4...

Could do worse do back Wex minus 1 as main bet and few more bets on alterrnative handicap -2,-3 and -4.

Comment

Westmeath are better than you think

Comment

actually fancy the draw between westmeath and wexford

Comment

Westmeath are better than you think
                            I been told from someone who knows their GAA inside out to put whatever I want on Wexford to win....

I seen Westmeath a few times some decent players but never been really impressed with them.

Comment

Originally posted by redzerdrog View Post
                              actually fancy the draw between westmeath and wexford
                              Always a chance alrite.

Any word on Dolans fitness??

Think if this was netural ground Westmeath might have some small chance but in Wexford park big advantage to home team on top off already been better team.

Comment

tbh Id be staying well away from it - Wexford are not as good as they showed against Awfally and Westmeath are a lot better than people are giving them credit for. But on the day anything could happen

I like Roscommon -2.5
                                I like Louth at 1/4
                                i like Donegal @ 1/3

I like Kilkenny @ any price

Comment

tbh Id be staying well away from it - Wexford are not as good as they showed against Awfally and Westmeath are a lot better than people are giving them credit for. But on the day anything could happen

I like Roscommon -2.5
                                  I like Louth at 1/4
                                  i like Donegal @ 1/3

Yes Offaly are shocking team alrite.Kinda like my own team at moment (Wicklow)

Yep Roscommon look good their.

Comment

Wexford - Westmeath and Wexford - Kilkenny at a packed Wexford park on Saturday night, following on from the u-21 hurlers win over KK during the week. Could be an epic night for Wexford.

Couldnt be backing them to beat KK although I think they could be good in a +7 with PP.

Waterford-Limerick is wrecking my head in so many ways.

Comment

I like Roscommon -2.5
                                      I like Louth at 1/4
                                      i like Donegal @ 1/3

Ross v Leitrim..Leitrim played some great stuff in sligo game and have a few nifty forwards. Ross are favs based on last year, but we're very unimpressive in league final in May..

Louth should win, but Portlaoise will suit Carlow a bit more than croker.
                                      Donegal are favs, but id be wary of Cavan at home..7/8 debutants,so it'll be tough for them, but the impetus from their U-21s of this year and 2 years ago is something to be reckoned with.
                                      In Wexford v Kilkenny, I might actually have a touch off Wexford +8 at 4/5...the U-21 result during the week will give Wexford a huge lift, home venue. Still think KK will win, but stay away from handicap on KK.
                                      Waterford @2/5 will beat Limk..handicap -3 at 10/11..might be worth a touch, but Munster games are usually tight enough.

Comment

KK team v Wexford. No Tommy Walsh (injured) and Brennan dropped

D Herity; P Murphy, N Hickey, J Tyrrell; P Hogan, B Hogan, JJ Delaney; M Fennelly, M Rice; TJ Reid, R Power, E Larkin; C Fennelly, H Shefflin, R Hogan

Comment

Waterford team to play Limerick. Glad to see Davy had the courage to bench E Kelly tbh. Not fit and hasnt looked like his heart was in it

1 Hennessy
                                          2 D Fives
                                          3 Huchinson
                                          4 Connors
                                          5 Browne
                                          6 Brick
                                          7 Moran
                                          8 S O'Sullivan
                                          9 Foley
                                          10 M Shanahan
                                          11 Molumphy
                                          12 P Mahony
                                          13 Mullane
                                          14 S Walsh
                                          15 Brian O'Sullivan

Comment

For once i hope ye win Kev

SPOILER
                                            Just so i can gloat come munster final time
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                              Do elaborate please?!

You can't go wrong backing Dr Crokes, South Kerry and Laune Rangers in the Kerry c/ship anyway. Not much value in the inter-county games at the weekend really...Carlow on the handicap maybe..
                                              In the Longford championship Colmcille are 11/10 v Ballymahon its ridiculous value dont know where they plucked this price from. And my own club Fr. Manning Gaels 10/11 v Carrickedmond who were promoted from intermediate last year. Again I think its great value, any biased views aside. These 2 games I've picked after a bit of research and generally knowing alot about all teams involved and have lumped on that double myself. This is with PP

Longford Slashers, Clonguish and Dromard in Longford c/ship(3 dead certs) Kilmacud and Kilkenny is a 5 team accum i also put on it comes to almost evens with ladbrokes.

Comment

What should've been a big weekend for me, capsized by a couple of freak results..Especially Down hurlers losing to Armagh...I mean what the fcuk! They hockeyed them a few weeks ago by 15 points or so..Bah. Laune Rangers flopped in Kerry c/ship aswell, cost me...Regrouped and recovered somewhat with Sunday games in Kerry and Cork.

Football qualifiers should have some good straightforward value in them this wkend.

Comment

Having a wee punt at Westmeath 3/1 @ Antrim today. They played well for long periods against Galway last time out and only got put away near the end. Antrim have not been up to much so far this year and Casement isn't exactly a fortress.

Comment

Originally posted by merkum wallop View Post
                                                    Having a wee punt at Westmeath 3/1 @ Antrim today. They played well for long periods against Galway last time out and only got put away near the end. Antrim have not been up to much so far this year and Casement isn't exactly a fortress.
                                                    Was looking at this myself, but the home factor for Antrim put me off. GL with it

Comment

Latest

Antrim 1-10 Westmeath 1-2
                                                      Cork 2-6 Laois 0-7

Comment

oops
                                                        h/t Antrim 2-16 Westmeath 1-09
                                                        Westmeath had the wind first half....

Comment

Originally posted by merkum wallop View Post
                                                          oops
                                                          h/t Antrim 2-16 Westmeath 1-09
                                                          Westmeath had the wind first half....
                                                          Wm dominating 2nd half
                                                          2-17, Wm 1-17

Comment

Cork destroying Laois

7-15 to 1-10 latest

Comment

Final score Cork 10-20 Laois 1-13

Madness

Comment

Antrim 2.25 Westmeath 1.19

shit bet

Comment

Pity I didnt see this article BEFORE todays game

before i mention the wagers, i want to say that i am not ramping as there is no liquidity here on the markets i am pinpointing and because paddypows lead on the gaa prices all the others follow and if you cannot get on with team tallaght then plenty of friendly independents will give you their prices, as is routine.

to pay for your summer the medium of attention is saturday afternoons game, the hurling qualifier between cork and laois in portlaoise.

i believe, and the sharpest gaa punter i know agrees, that the bookies led by team ppower have completely got the line on this game wrong...they say 10/11 cork minus 11, their call....we are certain the line should be 20 points.
                                                                  some of you know i have very good knowledge of both camps and because the line is so wrong not alone can you clean up on the various handicaps, you can win big on the side markets as well as they are linked to the 11 point median line.

laois are dire, they managed to beat an appalling clare in the league and that is the sole reason i can see the bookies with the low handicap. laois' defeat by down in the league is a fairer reflection of their standing...in a nutshell they ran limerick close 2 years ago when bro philip was at the helm, since he left the standard has dropped and the subs bench against 14 man antrim was a farce.

since the defeat to antrim 3 weeks ago, training, if you call it that, has been a shambles...they had 2 challenge games since....one they lost to waterford u21s and had to "borrow" a player from the deise to make the 15 ...and last weekend 13 of this weeks named laois team scrapped a 1 pt win over a below strength kilkenny intermediate team...furthermore they are not physically fit for real championship action and with no fitness work in the past month.
                                                                  cork on the otherhand are in great nick and gave tipp a good run for their money.

a good guide is a challenge game the 2 sides played on may 8th where a full strength laois side lost 3-18 to 0-13, with cork emptying the bench early in the 2nd half.
                                                                  according to one of the laois hurlers i spoke to yesterday, he wants to avoid injury so as not to interfere with his travel plans to the USA..that is the prevailing attitude in the laois camp, whereas i gather cork are keen to clock up some goals, and they dont face brendan cummins this time.

not even bad weather will stop a hammering, i think a score line in the ballpark of 5-25 to 1-10 is on the cards maybe more severe as cork may go on the rampage in the closing stages when their superior fitness starts to tell.
                                                                  the last 3 decent county teams laois faced in a knockout game at o moore park in the past 5/6 years were tipp(won by about 28pts), galway won by 20plus 2 years ago and offaly won by 15 or 16....

so to make your summer killing, assemble a bank of 30 points and play as follows on ppower markets and priced as of now thursday night.

5pts cork -13pts at 7/5
                                                                  4pts cork -16pts at 11/4
                                                                  2pts cork -18pts at 9/2

9pts cork to score over 27 1/2 pts score tally at 5/6

4pts cork to score over 2 1/2 goals at 6/4
                                                                  2pts cork to score over 3 1/2 goals at 7/2
                                                                  2pts cork to score over 4 1/2 goals at 8/1
                                                                  2pts cork to score over 5 1/2 goals at 14/1.

i am writing this in advance of fridays racing post tips, so i am not influenced by any other source except my inside knowledge of the laois camp.

when cork play offaly in the next round the line will be 7-9 pts and offaly would hammer laois by the same, so feast on the prices served up this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                    Final score Cork 10-20 Laois 1-13

Madness
                                                                    Stupid championship at times
                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

That article made me both sad and happy at the same time!

Comment

gaillaimh abu
                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                          gaillaimh abu
                                                                          Had a read of Brendan Lynskeys article earlier. If thats not big motivation for them I dont know what is!

Comment

Daly off wont help, they (galway) need to get the sliotar to canning
                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

is this ref being horribly biased towards dublin?

Comment

Its like the league final all over again. Dublin dominant all over. Some very wayward shooting by Galway. With the exception of his goal, Canning not on song at all

Comment

Big difference between betfair and the bookies right now

Comment

is this ref being horribly biased towards dublin?
                                                                                    def siding with them alrite, very poor performance from galway yet there still well in it...!! another stroll in the park for kk me thinks....

Comment

That article is same dude whose Eurovision stuff I follow.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                        I read elsewhere that PP were considering witholding payouts on Cork due to large amounts going on Cork. Not sure what happened though, I assume they didnt

Between the wides in the first half and going for goals in the second half, Galway are wasting some amount of scoring chances in this game

Comment

Galway are chumps

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                            Link to this guys blog lads?
                                                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                              Link to this guys blog lads?
                                                                                              The Irish forum on Betfair. posts under the name Keen Leader

Comment

Laois -2 @ 5/6 looks like the value this weekend, team has been re-shuffled a bit (for the better) they should have too much much for Tipp in Portlaoise!!

also Meath -2 @ 10/11 seems a bit on the generous side...
                                                                                                "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

monaghan 2/5
                                                                                                  meath 2/5
                                                                                                  laois (-3) EVS

looks banker treble

was going to back london v fermangha, but they were slashed from 9/2 to 2/1 overnight????

Comment

Originally posted by theduster View Post
                                                                                                    Laois -2 @ 5/6 looks like the value this weekend, team has been re-shuffled a bit (for the better) they should have too much much for Tipp in Portlaoise!!
                                                                                                    Yeah have to agree here Tipp beat Laois last year, but I think Laois underperformed that day and this year 5 Tipp players, 4 of whom would definitely be starting have emigrated since the Kerry game, I will be putting this in a double with KK -4pts @6/5, Dublin are mising 4 key players, 3 of them from defense and KK are still smarting from the league final and have almost all the big guns back.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtwo View Post
                                                                                                      was going to back london v fermangha, but they were slashed from 9/2 to 2/1 overnight????
                                                                                                      Im on London @7/2 they were horribly overpriced by hte bookies originally, 2/1 is about right possibly still a bet, London pushed Mayo all the way in the opening round, and they are even stronger now with 4 more players with various intercounty experience having been added to the panel since, plus home advantage and the fact that Fermanagh football is in crisis, Im quitely confident London will record a landmark victory, the recession has to be good for someone

Comment

kildare @ 9/4 this weekend is a massive price imo roll on sunday and cmon the lillies

Comment

Hills went 5/1 at first on London - I think I'm on @ 7/2 with Stan James

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                            kildare @ 9/4 this weekend is a massive price imo roll on sunday and cmon the lillies
                                                                                                            5/2 with ladbrokes but yeah good value for either imo

Comment

Originally posted by EARMUFFS View Post
                                                                                                              5/2 with ladbrokes but yeah good value for either imo
                                                                                                              stop the brogans and we stop dublin easy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                                stop the brogans and we stop dublin easy!!
                                                                                                                good luck
                                                                                                                48

Comment

€7 treble london,laois,tipp minors rtns €54ish
                                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                    Im on London @7/2 they were horribly overpriced by hte bookies originally, 2/1 is about right possibly still a bet, London pushed Mayo all the way in the opening round, and they are even stronger now with 4 more players with various intercounty experience having been added to the panel since, plus home advantage and the fact that Fermanagh football is in crisis, Im quitely confident London will record a landmark victory, the recession has to be good for someone
                                                                                                                    Go on the exiles 6 point win 14 - 08 easy money

Comment

Amazed to see London available at 5/4 v Waterford. Thought they would have been odds on. Bitta lumpage.

Comment

Amazed to see London available at 5/4 v Waterford. Thought they would have been odds on. Bitta lumpage.
                                                                                                                        alotta lumpage imo

Comment

Just going to put everything I made from the fermanagh game back on to London. Easy game

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X