No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone lay me rooney to score anytime? this be would be anytime tonight, extra time inclusive. if no1 lays it before 18.30 then forget it

want 15/1 for as much as 100$
    GAA News Website

Comment

Rooney starts 3/1 and 7/2 available on him scoring first still. Surely worth grabbing

Comment

yeh they were saying he was like 20% to be on the bench, with him starting which is now confirmed, get on!!
        GAA News Website

Comment

Would 3/1 not be standard for Rooney first goalscorer in a match like this??
          Profit before people.

Comment

Got any other scorer inc Rooney at 3/1

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
              This is still available at 3.65 on betfair. Rooney +the likes Gibson and some defenders!
              Last edited by The Situation; 07-04-10, 18:36.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                anyone lay me rooney to score anytime? this be would be anytime tonight, extra time inclusive. if no1 lays it before 18.30 then forget it

want 15/1 for as much as 100$
                ?

Maybe im reading this wrong but Rooney should be about 4/6 not to score

15/1?

Comment

i put the price i wanted up, when they said he was 20% chance of even making the bench . . . i was taking this risk into the price, never mind how long he'd actually get on the pitch.

he's evens on bf now to score anytime
                  GAA News Website

Comment

Come on Gibson!!
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                      ship ship

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                        Bayern will win.

Lyon will win.

Nuff said!
                        on the ball!
                        GAA News Website

Comment

on the ball!
                          Bayern never won.

Comment

Originally posted by hugosanchez View Post
                            Bayern never won.
                            Or Lyon, which I think was Donal's point

Comment

Comment

on the ball!
                                Who gives a damn!!!!

United are OUT

Comment

Barca at 9/5 seems like good value for tomorrow night against Real. Really thinking of lumping on.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                    Barca at 9/5 seems like good value for tomorrow night against Real. Really thinking of lumping on.
                                    Barcelona -1 is 5.0 on bwin, is that equivalent of 4/1 or 5/1, worth a punt non the less?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                      Barcelona -1 is 5.0 on bwin, is that equivalent of 4/1 or 5/1, worth a punt non the less?
                                      4/1
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Bloody knew Barca where huge value -1 goal at 5/1. FML i never bet on it.

Comment

I think Aquilani is a pretty decent bet for first goal today at 14/1 for pool against Fulham

No Torres, no Lucas, so Gerrard could be dropping off a bit and Aquilani will be going forward a fair bit id imagine

1pt ew @14/1

Comment

shipship

Comment

Bank 160

Early bet that has me all excited. The ACF Champion's League match between the Champion's of Asia the Pohang Steelers from Korea and Adelaide United from the A-League in Oz.

The Aussie nutters have pushed the Steelers out to even money on Betfair, that is just an incredible price. Last year they lost to Adelaide at home but they had already qualified and fielded a second team. They are pretty much through again but not guaranteed top spot so they will be going for it in this game. Game starts at 11 am our time. Get on.

20 points Pohang Steelers @ 2.06
                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                  Bank 160

Early bet that has me all excited. The ACF Champion's League match between the Champion's of Asia the Pohang Steelers from Korea and Adelaide United from the A-League in Oz.

The Aussie nutters have pushed the Steelers out to even money on Betfair, that is just an incredible price. Last year they lost to Adelaide at home but they had already qualified and fielded a second team. They are pretty much through again but not guaranteed top spot so they will be going for it in this game. Game starts at 11 am our time. Get on.

20 points Pohang Steelers @ 2.06
                                                  0-0 draw FTL. Considerng that result puts both teams through, i think a draw was a lot closer than you were thinking

Comment

Is it just me or is all the value in spurs tonight?
                                                    Have them in a double with bordeux @4.87

Comment

Spurs price is LOL big.

I wasn't planning on betting until Monday, but I've been taking prices all morning.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                        Spurs price is LOL big.
                                                        Yeh seen that. My uncle is a spurs fan and he says they are without doubt the most frustrating team to support. I could see it being the same as the Portsmouth match. Spurs have most of the chances but will still end up losing.

Comment

Don't know if Spurs will win this one, but i reckon the goal scoring market is where there's value. Of the 133 goals scored between these teams, 39 have come in the last 15 minutes. Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs are the 3 teams with the highest number of goals scored in the last 15 mins of games.

Both teams also have a knack of being involved in games with +2.5 goals and with so much at stake, i can't see this game being any different. So will be lumping on a high scoring game with some late goals FTW.

Spurs

Arsenal

Comment

I'm all over the draw in this game. Despite the history between the teams, it looks like a rare 0-0 . Sticking a few bobs on it anyway. Spurs can't score and Arsenal may be as jittery as Chelsea last night.

Comment

I done

Everton
                                                              Wigan
                                                              Man City

Got 14-1 I have a feeling one will draw and mess it up for me

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                0-0 draw FTL. Considerng that result puts both teams through, i think a draw was a lot closer than you were thinking
                                                                It was a completely one-sided game, can't get stats anywhere for it but even this little report shows how one-sided it was. Pathetic finishing was the problem.

The Steelers wanted the win too because it guaranteed them first place and a home quarter-final. I can't find stats anywhere but it was something like 70/30 possession to the Steelers, they spent a lot of the game deep in Adelaide's half. The Adelaide keeper did very well for them to be fair, but the horrendous finishing was a bigger problem.

Reds, Steelers draw
                                                                Lee Gagliardi
                                                                Adelaide United and Pohang Steelers have progressed to the round of 16 in the AFC Champions League after sharing the points on match day five in a 0-0 draw.

The Reds also extended their unbeaten run against Pohang at The Steelyard.

Adelaide was fortunate to come away with anything at all against the reigning champion after inaccurate shooting from Pohang kept the Reds in the match.

United's goal was under threat from the opening minute as Almir and Mota caused the Reds all sorts of problems.

Only poor finishing ensured the scores remained 0-0 at the break, with Pohang wasteful in front of goal. The Steelers racked up 10 shots on goal by half-time to the Reds solitary strike.

Cassio was given his first start in the ACL for United replacing Matthew Leckie on the left while Nigel Boogaard, as expected, filled the void left by the suspended Iain Fyfe.

The Steelers continually linked up well in the front third with sweet one-two passing creating space and goal scoring opportunities.

Early in the first half Almir thread the ball through for Mota who raced onto the pass but found himself on a tight angle.

Eugene Galekovic came out and closed down the angle as the Brazilian shot straight into the A-League Keeper of the Year's foot.

Kim Tae-Su also went close blasting wide from 15m. The K-League side teed up Tae-Su after some slick movement on the edge of the area.

Almir had a couple of chances also, but the Brazilian's radar was off. He shaved the bar from 25m with a rasping shot that had Galekovic scrambling.

On the half hour mark Pohang had claims for a penalty when the dangerous Brazilians combined again.

Almir thread a through ball looking for Mota. The foot race ended when Galekovic raced off his line and met the Pohang striker just inside the box.

Mota's touch took the ball past the on-rushing keeper and the Brazilian went flying as Galekovic through his hands in the air in protest.

The referee waved play on but failed to show the Brazilian a card for simulation. Replays proved it was the correct decision in not awarding the penalty.

United struggled in the front third with Sergio van Dijk receiving little service and when he did, the Dutchman wasn't on the end of the crosses and looked sluggish.

Lucas Pantelis was booked late in the first half meaning he will miss the match at Hindmarsh against Shandong Luneng on match day six, after collecting two yellow cards in the group phase.

The Reds started the better in the second half but still looked vulnerable at the back. If not for some more wayward shooting, Pohang could easily have found the net on more than one occasion.

Minutes into the second stanza, Marcos Flores collected the ball on the half way line and carried it to the penalty box, taking too long to release the pass with plenty of options on offer.

In the 53rd minute Tae-Sun scuffed another attempt after being set up in similar fashion to the first half.

His curling shot coming off the side of his boot going wide after a lovely touch to set him up from Mota.

Four minutes later Almir headed over the bar, getting a lovely flick on from Mota after a teasing free kick was whipped into the box.

On the hour mark, a forceful run from Cassio ended with the pocket rocket's shot inviting van Dijk at the back post but again the United striker was too late in arriving.

Almir was in the thick of things again moments later, entertaining the crowd with an over head bicycle kick from 9m.

The timid shot was fired directly at Galekovic.

Leckie was brought on to replace Captain Travis Dodd on the hour mark in a bid to add some spark for United in a 30 minute cameo.

With 12 minutes remaining Hyungmin Shin almost broke the deadlock after a well worked short corner.

Shin took the ball with one touch and cracked it with his second hitting the post from 20m.

The shot took a deflection and after rebounding off the post, United broke away.

Daniel Mullen raced away before being brought down in a cynical challenge by Jung Kyum who received a yellow card for his tackle.

Mullen needed treatment and left the field temporarily before returning and receiving his own yellow card.

The strong defender lashed out in frustration and will also miss the class with Shandong on match day six after collecting his second card of the tournament.

Almir had another good chance in the final minutes taking the ball in his stride and striking with his left foot from 9m. Galekovic got down well and saved again from the Brazilian.

Mota very nearly won the game for Pohang but missed his chance in injury time.

The striker again shot straight at Galekovic who completed a routine save.
                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I would have been tempted to lay Arsenal until I read that Van Persie is back tonight. I can't get a line on the game at all now, it could be very tight and low scoring but it could also be high scoring, and Arsenal could dominate or not. Everytime I look at the game it just seems to me that every result is equally likely.
                                                                  Its the same with Villa/Everton. We don't know how Villa will react to the loss in the FA Cup. Their home form has not been good over the last while with 1 win and 4 draws in their last five but Everton have been poor on the road over the same time period winning 1 drawing 2 and losing 2.

And Wigan have had very mixed form at home of late while Portsmouth will have been buoyed by their huge win the weekend in the cup so I just don't like it either. There is absolutely no pressure on Portsmouth now but a win for Wigan would be huge and lift them from 17th to 14th and very close to safety.

Comment

Man City are a HUGE price to beat United this weekend I thought they would have been around evens. I can't see Man U being able to compete with them tbh. And im not just saying that because im a Pool fan as obviously ill be hoping for a United win to keep our small hopes of 4th place alive.

Comment

The two halftime scores I was looking for.

5 points win Arsenal @ 5.7
                                                                      5 points win Aston Villa @ 7.0

Comment

I'm going all green. We've been pretty poor first half, so i'll take the profit and run.

Comment

Damn. Greening up is for pussies.

Comment

Is it just me or is all the value in spurs tonight?
                                                                            Have them in a double with bordeux @4.87
                                                                            fukin french!!!, should have stuck with instinct and just lumped on the yids

Comment

what are peoples opinions on city beating united? currently trading at 2/1 on betfair - seems big to me

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                what are peoples opinions on city beating united? currently trading at 2/1 on betfair - seems big to me
                                                                                i think it all depends on rooneys fitness

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                                                  i think it all depends on rooneys fitness
                                                                                  Im after laying United pretty hard tomorrow with an extra booster on the city win. I think its great value with city playing at home and pushing so hard for that final champions league spot. heres hoping united have thrown in the towel on the season

Comment

Jasus i really would have loved to lump on City today. And id have done it with complete confidence.

Comment

fcuk you scholes you ginger tosser

Comment

Cross post from BBV:

I bought out of a preseason bet the other on City to finish in the top 4.

I had laid £100 @ 7/2 and my mate let me buy out for £150 on Tuesday.

Is it worth doing anything on Betfair to try and recoup some of it?

Or does the fact that I have agreed payment make it not worthwhile?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                          Cross post from BBV:

I bought out of a preseason bet the other on City to finish in the top 4.

I had laid £100 @ 7/2 and my mate let me buy out for £150 on Tuesday.

Is it worth doing anything on Betfair to try and recoup some of it?

Or does the fact that I have agreed payment make it not worthwhile?
                                                                                          Well imo looking at the remaining fixtures I think it comes down to the game between Tottenham and Man City.

Man City are away to Arsenal next but Tottenham are away to United. So I'd expect O to 1 point max for both teams in that one.
                                                                                          City then host Aston Villa, Villa have been pretty poor of late though. The same round of matches sees Tottenham face Bolton. The pressure is pretty much off Bolton now with them being 7 points clear of relegation so its hard to predict an outcome in this game although you would expect Tottenham t win it comfortably. I see 3 points for both teams though in this round.
                                                                                          Next up then is City hosting Tottenham and it could all be decided here.
                                                                                          In the last round City play travel to West Ham whose fate should be decided either way by then while Tottenham travel to Burnley who have been pretty pathetic up to their last game. They had a very good record at home up to mid-February but it hasn't been good since then. Again I see 3 points each in this round as more likely than not for both teams.

Tottenham deffo have an easier run in but the fact that they have to play City yet means its not over. Tottenham have to be strong favourites at this stage though. If you can get evens or better on Tottenham I'd jump back in the market.

Comment

Only have one bet for the midweek matches. It's in the mythical match Barcelona vs Lyon on pp specials. Lyon at 5/2 is excellant IMO. Barca will keep it tight away from home tonight against Inter and I'd be surprised if they get more than a single goal. Wheras Bayern vs Lyon could easily be a goal fest.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Barca players had to travel by coach to the san siro which is a hell of a long journey because all planes were grounded. Would this add any extra value to Inter as the Barca players might be fatigued etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                Barca players had to travel by coach to the san siro which is a hell of a long journey because all planes were grounded. Would this add any extra value to Inter as the Barca players might be fatigued etc?
                                                                                                It certainly wouldn't help obv, although the coach did look super compfortable!
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Just looking at the anytime scorer odds. Sergio Busquets has 2 goals in 14 European appearances. He is 24 on Betfair, seems like really tasty odds for a small bet.

1 point Sergio Busquets anytime scorer @ 24.

Comment

PP enhanced odds of 10/3 on a Hamburg/Atletico double tonight looks like a decent enough chance

Comment

Anyone want to give me a price on Liverpool reaching the europa league final?

For up to 100?
                                                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Home Treble of:

Arsenal vs Man City

Bolton vs Portsmouth

West Ham vs Wigan

Pays 9/2 on PP, what dya reckon?

Comment

I wouldn't back west ham with counterfeit at the moment tbh

in fact considering Wigan at 7/2

Comment

Brag: Had max bet with PP on Portsmouth, Hull and Burnley to get relegated before start of season at 18/1
                                                                                                            Beat: Max bet was €28

Comment

Anyone wanna lay Bayern @ 2/1 for $100

Comment

Ok im leaving now, Quote to book before 7.45

$100 @ 2/1 on Bayern to win.

Comment

missed this, will lay in running if u want, they are shorter than they started but will stil lay 100 at 2-1

Comment

Inter to qualify is massively overpriced tonight imo. Should be 1.5 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                      Inter to qualify is massively overpriced tonight imo. Should be 1.5 or so.
                                                                                                                      Not in the Nou Camp they shouldn't be, I thought they would be very close to evens. I'm backing Barcelona to qualify.

Comment

Looking to have $160 US on Barca to qualify at 11/8, anyone want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                          Looking to have $160 US on Barca to qualify at 11/8, anyone want it.
                                                                                                                          Bumpity Bump, Quote to book before 7.45

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X