No announcement yet.

Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got JB @ 22's in local bookies Pat Toolans(Greenhills), Think there is one in Bray and there is defo one in Newtown mnt Kennedy. Seen it on the way home from Druids Glen on Tuesday. What a course, definately in my top 3 parkland in Ireland.

So just JB and Martin Laird backed pre tournament. Very small on Laird as it is only based on him living there and fancying the tournament.

Comment

Backed Boo Weekley @ 220, way too big a price and should be able to trade off.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
        Got Villegas at 38 on betfair.
        3 under after 4 holes, hope he keeps that going and gets down to 10s (round of 65/66 will do that surely) , then I can take some nice profit. Ok Ok I admit it , the walk to the bookies is amongst other things wasted shoe leather.

Now let's hope that orange crop report comes through by monday morning

Comment

3 under after 4 holes, hope he keeps that going and gets down to 10s (round of 65/66 will do that surely) , then I can take some nice profit. Ok Ok I admit it , the walk to the bookies is amongst other things wasted shoe leather.

Now let's hope that orange crop report comes through by monday morning
          If you are thinking of selling out bear in mind that he started on the back 9
          might be worth looking at course card to see if first 3 holes/back 9 in general are rated easy compared to front 9? *might not matter, is a bit of a birdie fest course if i remember right

ya might catch a sucker if they are

talked myself out of backing him earlier
          Last edited by Guest; 25-02-10, 16:44. Reason: *

Comment

Didnt trade out although he finished 9 under so he's 4 to 1 from 38s I got

The 16th hole at Phoenix has to be the most fun hole on any course anywhere. Home hero gets a resounding Boooooooooooo for missing the green, luv it.
            Last edited by Solskjaer; 26-02-10, 00:12.

Comment

Ugh. Ryan Moore what happened to you?
              I was sure I was all set for a score in the top ten market and a good shot at a winner but Moore shoots a 4 over 74 which is just horrendous on this course. Its like shooting an 80 at Sawgrass.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Ryan Moore finished the tournament at -10 and just out of the top 10 by the looks of things after a horrendous third round. I was just looking at his score card and he had serious trouble at the 11th hole all week.

If he went level par for that hole over the four days he would be joint leader right now. He was five over on that hole.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

€250 at 10/1 on Romero, one shot out of top ten , extra paid 13 on that market again.

well timed small bet on hunter at 13/2 on the 12th, eagled 13th, covered the turnament for me

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                    Anyone studied there picks for weekend?

I like Jeev M. Singh @ 180 for Phoenix open, he has actually been swinging the club really wel over the last couple of weeks.
                    small bet on top 10 finish at 10.5
                    and C.Villegas who was much improved last week for top 10 at 4.1.
                    I think Villegas is tremendous value in the openig 3 balls against B.Gay and G.Ogilvy at 2's with Stan James.
                    Villegas was good, Jeev Milkha didnt even make the cut

Nice timing on the Mahan bet Nicky

Comment

Got 11-1 on jaidee e/w for few hundred today in bar one. Walked in and they had a special up when everyone else is goin 8-1 and a small bit of 9-1 in places.
                      Gotta love value.

Comment

Duval at triple figures surely too good to resist after his 2nd place recently

Comment

Bank 121

Everytime I went looking at this weeks tournament one name stood out with lights on and thats last years winner Y.E. Yang.

Its a bit like Dustin Johnson a couple of weeks back, Johnson hit form the week prior to defending his title at Pebble Beach and duly retained his title. Yang hit form last week and came with a late rattle to finish 3rd, not that he has been out of form at all with 4 top 20 finishes in 5 tournaments to date this year. Last year he had played three times coming into this tournament and his results had been improving each week with two top 25s in his starts prior to the Honda.

2 pts Y.E. Yang to win Honda Classic @ 34
                          8 pts Y.E. Yang top ten finish @ 4.3

Comment

Backed Fred Andersson Hed @ 75 for Maybank Open

For some god awful reason I backed Harrington @30 for Honda classic
                            and the mercurial A.Kim for top 10 @5.1

Comment

backed marino for the Honda in the win/5/10 place mrkets.
                              GAA News Website

Comment

had €100 on westwood at 20/1, more to have a bet then fancying anyone. Will play in running over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                  had €100 on westwood at 20/1, more to have a bet then fancying anyone. Will play in running over the weekend.
                                  Has to be the most open golf tourny in ages, I can make a case for everyone in the field feckkin up. Layers market

give Villegas another spin, he won me some monies last week

GL golf fans, off to Carrick -On-Shannon on Saturday, anyone done that moonlight booze crusie? recommend ?

Comment

Ugh Y.E. Yang has played 6 holes out of a possible 72 and I'm already say bye bye money.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                      Ugh Y.E. Yang has played 6 holes out of a possible 72 and I'm already say bye bye money.
                                      jesus a 9 on the par 4 11th ( his second ) unlucky, I'd say there's a lot of punters stuck into Allenby in this feeling the same as you.

Comment

GL golf fans, off to Carrick -On-Shannon on Saturday, anyone done that moonlight booze crusie? recommend ?
                                        sounds deadly, enjoy

Comment

nice start again fom Villegas, the course is tough, if the winds gets up tomorrow anyone within 12 shots is in with a chance , might be a chance to lump on a good player at crazy odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                            Backed Fred Andersson Hed @ 75 for Maybank Open

For some god awful reason I backed Harrington @30 for Honda classic
                                            and the mercurial A.Kim for top 10 @5.1
                                            shot a 77 day 1.
                                            Starts day 2 with 3332 for -5 thru 4. The comeback is on

Comment

Villegas 3 ahead going into last round, what to do, what to do...

Comment

Villegas 3 ahead going into last round, what to do, what to do...
                                                It really depends on what price you backed him at.

If you backed him before the off at 28, then I would be willing to lay 10 times my stake and still leave myself with a 20/1 winner if he does do it. At least that way if he doesn't you have a 9/1 winner.

Comment

It really depends on what price you backed him at.

If you backed him before the off at 28, then I would be willing to lay 10 times my stake and still leave myself with a 20/1 winner if he does do it. At least that way if he doesn't you have a 9/1 winner.
                                                  true true, didn't quite get 28s. I'll lay off some

Comment

thank you Villegas

Comment

Ok some picks for the weekend, Villegas odds have dropped a wee bit, but he is on top form

Sricker is a great golfer but again restrictive odds, both though will give you a good run for your money.

I think Phil won this last year but his odds are redic. So my 'value pick' is Anthony KIm, 33 on Powers but obv you can get better. He looks to be getting close to believing he can win.

I'll play a waiting game on Villegas, if he has an ordinary 1st round I'll jump in.

The winner will come from these I reckon.
                                                      Nicky? Eagle Eye? Silver tiger? what dja reckon on this ?

Comment

looks like a great tournament. at the danger of being boring and unorigional im going with the kid Kaymer. he was 20/1 for the last WCG event three weeks ago and in the teens a week later in phoenix, I'm getting matched all night at 48s on the machine for this one which is to big.

I think kim furyk casy and poulter represent no value at there respective prices

Comment

looks like a great tournament. at the danger of being boring and unorigional im going with the kid Kaymer. he was 20/1 for the last WCG event three weeks ago and in the teens a week later in phoenix, I'm getting matched all night at 48s on the machine for this one which is to big.

I think kim furyk casy and poulter represent no value at there respective prices
                                                          matched at 48s on betfair? wow if so ill have to have a go

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                            matched at 48s on betfair? wow if so ill have to have a go
                                                            yeah betfair

Comment

yeah betfair
                                                              Jaidee for a top 10 available at 9 to 1. he's playing well.

Comment

Ok some picks for the weekend, Villegas odds have dropped a wee bit, but he is on top form

Sricker is a great golfer but again restrictive odds, both though will give you a good run for your money.

I think Phil won this last year but his odds are redic. So my 'value pick' is Anthony KIm, 33 on Powers but obv you can get better. He looks to be getting close to believing he can win.

I'll play a waiting game on Villegas, if he has an ordinary 1st round I'll jump in.

The winner will come from these I reckon.
                                                                Nicky? Eagle Eye? Silver tiger? what dja reckon on this ?
                                                                Don't think Kim is good value at @36 I'd rather have Zach Johnson @46.

I seem to have much more success in top 10 market.
                                                                M.Kaymer 4.2
                                                                Z.Johnson 4.3
                                                                R.Goosen 3.95

fwiw I think Goosen's price will drift before the off.

Comment

I'm not surprised that you are getting a great price. He has a terrible record in March over the last couple of years with regular missed cuts and poor form. His form last week is pretty typical for him this time of year.

Comment

I'm not surprised that you are getting a great price. He has a terrible record in March over the last couple of years with regular missed cuts and poor form. His form last week is pretty typical for him this time of year.
                                                                    this is really only his second year playing any volume in the states ( has played this tournament twice= made cut both occasions ) how can he have typical form. Like he's played great in febuary the last few years in the middle east; he can turn it on one month and off the next ?

Shot a lot of birdies on this course last year im hoping he can iron out the mistakes.

backing golfers at the start of tournaments is a high variance game, its something ill have €200 or so on as a sporting bet on 9 out of ten tournaments. once in a while ill really fancy someone and have a serious bet but 48s kaymer this week is imo a sporting price and more realistic then the over reaction prices to his abu dabi win he was the last two tournaments in the US.
                                                                    Last edited by nicnicnic; 09-03-10, 03:03.

Comment

You must be fairly handy at the golf now Nicky?? Ya single figures yet??
                                                                      Jesus Christ WAS Married.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishflop21 View Post
                                                                        You must be fairly handy at the golf now Nicky?? Ya single figures yet??
                                                                        I will never be single figures
                                                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 09-03-10, 13:36.

Comment

I will never be single figures
                                                                          Spoken like a true bandit.

Comment

this is really only his second year playing any volume in the states ( has played this tournament twice= made cut both occasions ) how can he have typical form. Like he's played great in febuary the last few years in the middle east; he can turn it on one month and off the next ?

Shot a lot of birdies on this course last year im hoping he can iron out the mistakes.

backing golfers at the start of tournaments is a high variance game, its something ill have €200 or so on as a sporting bet on 9 out of ten tournaments. once in a while ill really fancy someone and have a serious bet but 48s kaymer this week is imo a sporting price and more realistic then the over reaction prices to his abu dabi win he was the last two tournaments in the US.
                                                                            I looked at his form over the last couple of years. This is why people are willing to lay him.

Tournaments in Month of March in Europe and US.
                                                                            2007

Singapore Masters T20th
                                                                            TCL Classic T79th
                                                                            Madeira Islands Open T15th

2008

Arnold Palmer Invitational Missed Cut
                                                                            WGC-CA Championship T57th
                                                                            Open de Andalucia T39th

2009

WGC-CA Championship T35th

2010

Waste Management Phoenix Open Missed Cut

Comment

I looked at his form over the last couple of years. This is why people are willing to lay him.

Tournaments in Month of March in Europe and US.
                                                                              2007

Singapore Masters T20th
                                                                              TCL Classic T79th
                                                                              Madeira Islands Open T15th

2008

Arnold Palmer Invitational Missed Cut
                                                                              WGC-CA Championship T57th
                                                                              Open de Andalucia T39th

2009

WGC-CA Championship T35th

2010

Waste Management Phoenix Open Missed Cut

do it for febuary, one month earlier, which using your reasoning should be worse. He may well miss the cut this week but im not having your argurment for one sec.

You dont like him this week well and good, I can find negatives on every golfer in every event if if i did deep enough. Its not hard to take a stand against a 50/1 shot and feel smug if your right, go and pick a 50/1 winner imo.

Comment

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying that Kaymer won't win the tournament. I'm just pointing out that layers are willing to take him on based on his performances in the month of March.

Comment

I was looking forward to seeing Jeev Milkha Singh's odds in this one as he had a great run at this one last year and has found a bit of form. I then realized he had not qualified for it this year. But he is playing in the Puerto Rico open and while Powers are offering 22 and Betfair 26s you can get him at 40s in Laddies for some reason Maybe a bit of value there.
                                                                                  I am more of a golfer / golf fanatic rather than big golf punter. I have been getting my arse constantly handed to me by the bookies this season(as expected when you only pick a couple of players on a Wednesday and nothing else). None the less there is no better sweat then having your golfer in contention down the back 9 on a Sunday. And for that reason i will continue.
                                                                                  I was in oz for most of last year so didn't get a run at it but the year before the season got going when i got my biggest win. Backing Garcia at 35s to win the players. He loves sawgrass and i was praying for a hot putter and i got one. He also likes Doral and with no form he is every bit of 40/1 so I'll be hoping for the hot putter again.

Prob also do small ones on Vijay and Allenby due to form / prev track record etc etc. Its a mine field out there but lets hope someone in here gets a winner. Off to old trafford for the game so won't be back till this one has started. Gl all

Comment

I'm backing two in the topten market this week, I'm deserting extrabet as both are >25% better with 365, enough to mitigate the ties.

only 68 runners

9/1 Soren Kjeldsen, seems to like the track
                                                                                    12/1 Mark Leishman, still to big in general and ill keep backing him while it lasts

Comment

YE Yang at 75s with Powers....

Comment

Bank 111

Again lots of study has gone in this week. I was looking for value but the best value available seems to be with one of the favourites.

Camillo Villegas is on fire at the moment, 3rd in the Matchplay, T8 in the Waste Management and then he just dominated last week. On top of that he comes here having finished in a tie for 5th last year. His price to win is better than it should be imo because of the participation of last year's winner Phil Mickelson.

Geoff Ogilvy hasn't shown much form since his early season win but this course suits him. He won this is 2008, was tied 3rd in 2007 but was way down last year. Still his form on the course and the fact that his putter is pretty hot puts him in with a serious chance here.

Dustin Johnson took a break after a fantastic start to the season. He also has a hot putter right now, his game is in better shape than its ever been.

Steve Stricker, the man has been amazing this year. Tied 10th in his first tournament of the year, he finished 3rd in his next one and then won the Northern Trust.

Retief Goosen has been showing good form this year with three top 10s from 4 starts on the PGA Tour and along with a top 10 in his only start on the European Tour.

Oliver Wilson played well here last year and comes into this years tournament in good form too. He stayed in the US and played the Honda Classic last week shooting a respectable level par over the four rounds.

There are others too, Paul Casey has been in sparkling form, Vijay Singh showed somes signs of a return to form last week, Antony Kim sprung to life last week after having average results for a couple of weeks. Ian Poulter is another man that couldn't be ruled out. And of course there is last year's winner Phil Mickelson, I don't like him at the moment as he hasn't been putting well, but we all know that Phil can just suddenly come to life and blast everybody away. I'm sure I've forgotten some, and even not considered some too. Overall though its a very tough field.

Still I think Villegas and Stricker in particular are outstanding top 10 bets. I'm also going to play the others too.

Win Bets
                                                                                        3pts win Camillo Villegas @ 19
                                                                                        3pts win Steve Stricker @ 15.5
                                                                                        2pt win Geoff Ogilvy @ 27
                                                                                        1pt win Dustin Johnson @ 40
                                                                                        1pt win Retief Goosen @ 44
                                                                                        1pt win Oliver Wilson @ 65

Top 10 bets
                                                                                        15 pts Camillo Villegas @ 2.9
                                                                                        15 pts Steve Stricker @ 2.6
                                                                                        5 pts Geoff Oglivy @ 4.1
                                                                                        2 pts Retief Goosen @ 4.5
                                                                                        2 pts Dustin Johnson @ 4.5
                                                                                        2 pts Oliver Wilson @ 6.8

Meanwhile the regular PGA plebs go down to Puerto Rico this week. Its a newish tournament so there is not much to go on. I've had a look at the field and young Alex Prugh stands out. He has 3 top 10s from 6 starts this year and is well on his way to a really good season already, he had a poor last round in the Honda last week which cost him another very decent finish.

2 pts win Alex Prugh @ 25
                                                                                        5 pts win Alex Prugh top 10 finish @ 3.65

Comment

Eagle Eye, you do put a lot of work into your bets fair play. As you know I'm a Villegas fan and I agree on Stricker,
                                                                                          I've deceided on my bets, I'm ignoring Stricker (I know not clever)

Villegas
                                                                                          Kim

And a 250 to 1 Betfair outsider to be layed off for value if he hits a good 1st round is David Toms.

Good Luck to all.

LOL at Nicky throwing a wobbler for daring to criticise his Beloved Kaymer (great player though)

Comment

after a couple of weeks betting big and just about getting away with it, pulling in my bet sizes for time being

Daffy Duck event

2pts Stricker 14/1 win
                                                                                            1.5 pts Kim 30/1 ew
                                                                                            1 pt G Ogilvy 25/1 ew

Micky Mouse event

Sab and Singh could tear it up if in mood
                                                                                            If Calc is in running after 2 rounds might have a bit

but did
                                                                                            1pt ew on both Prugh at 25/1 and Moulder at 18/1

+usual the usual 2 euro doubles

Comment

I'm backing two in the topten market this week, I'm deserting extrabet as both are >25% better with 365, enough to mitigate the ties.

only 68 runners

9/1 Soren Kjeldsen, seems to like the track
                                                                                              12/1 Mark Leishman, still to big in general and ill keep backing him while it lasts

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                I was looking forward to seeing Jeev Milkha Singh's odds in this one as he had a great run at this one last year and has found a bit of form. I then realized he had not qualified for it this year. But he is playing in the Puerto Rico open and while Powers are offering 22 and Betfair 26s you can get him at 40s in Laddies for some reason Maybe a bit of value there.
                                                                                                I am more of a golfer / golf fanatic rather than big golf punter. I have been getting my arse constantly handed to me by the bookies this season(as expected when you only pick a couple of players on a Wednesday and nothing else). None the less there is no better sweat then having your golfer in contention down the back 9 on a Sunday. And for that reason i will continue.
                                                                                                I was in oz for most of last year so didn't get a run at it but the year before the season got going when i got my biggest win. Backing Garcia at 35s to win the players. He loves sawgrass and i was praying for a hot putter and i got one. He also likes Doral and with no form he is every bit of 40/1 so I'll be hoping for the hot putter again.

Prob also do small ones on Vijay and Allenby due to form / prev track record etc etc. Its a mine field out there but lets hope someone in here gets a winner. Off to old trafford for the game so won't be back till this one has started. Gl all
                                                                                                Garcia is gone , no suprise there. Vijay is breaking my heart, the guy is hitting them so well but hasn't held a put over 8 ft in 2 days and then there is Allenby who for some reason never made it onto my betting slip

Comment

There is still two days to go, nobody gets cut. Don't rule anybody out.

Comment

I cant see Allenby or Els winning this.

Comment

backed Schwartzel at 14/1 today, thought long and hard about Harrington at 10/1 but opted for the South African. Really cant see Els putting holding up.

Kaymers -6 was the best round of the day but at four back he'll probably need to shoot a 64 to win, if he was -10 rather then -8 I'd be strongly fancying his chances.

Comment

Jaysus poor VJ, he really needs to toss that belly putter into the middle of the lake, he could have a few victories under his belt.

Nicky wouldn't rule Kaymar out , that was some round in those conditions, belied his age.

Villegas needs the course record, he's playing well though.

Comment

Jaysus poor VJ, he really needs to toss that belly putter into the middle of the lake, he could have a few victories under his belt.

Nicky wouldn't rule Kaymar out , that was some round in those conditions, belied his age.

Villegas needs the course record, he's playing well though.
                                                                                                          I'm not ruling him out, but it'll take something extremely special to pass all in front of him. He will go for it, which will mean taking on a lot of high variance shots; fingers crossed though. Right touch if he can pull it off; I'd settle for Charles though.

Comment

We all underestimated Pod this week. One of Tiger's favourite tournaments and he is not there so Pod steps up. That story has been told before.

Comment

We all underestimated Pod this week. One of Tiger's favourite tournaments and he is not there so Pod steps up. That story has been told before.
                                                                                                              love it if POD won,
                                                                                                              (in my best Kev Keegan voice)
                                                                                                              really hope he does, to hell with me winnings

Comment

Backed Swartzel after first round . 14/1 It will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure . He comes accross as a cool customer. I think he will do it. He is a serious putter and Els missed a few hand ones .

Get yer $$$ on Swartzel for the masters now before he wins this. 66/1
                                                                                                                Last edited by Tony3004; 14-03-10, 01:46.
                                                                                                                You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Harrington putted great today, but if I was punting it now I'd be taking the 7/2 Schwartzel, looks the value. Its new territory for him at this level of tournament but he seems like a guy that can get over the line.

Comment

Nice little sweat for the nights golf action. Had a €10 ew double on Kaymar in the CA, and Jeff Maggert in Puerto Rico open. Kaymar (40/1) 5 of the lead but only 1 of 5th for a place spot, and Maggert (100/1) is 2 of the lead (-8) in the other. Looks like the Puerto Rico tourney will only go 3 rounds. Both in the top 5 would net a nice profit.

My other ew double is still going, but not as well. VJ (33/1) 7 under, 2 shots off a place but he's doubled with John Merrick(40/1) in Puerto Rico who back at 3 under, 6 shots off a place.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic
                                                                                                                      well hows that march theory holding up

Hi nicky,
                                                                                                                      Thankfully, he bucked the March trend this year.
                                                                                                                      But I'm not into the money yet. My sweat on the ew double goes onto tomorrow, when they finish the 3rd round and then play the 4th round of the Peurto rico open. My 2nd half of the bet is on Jeff Maggert. he's 9 under, 3 off the lead, but there a pile of players between -8 and -11. He did reach -11 today, but dropped 2 before finish. He's got 9 holes of his 3rd round to play as well as the 4th round. 250/1 if Maggert gets top 5. heres hoping!!

Comment

Amazed by Els performance, I really thought the big easy was finished. That was a pre 2005 knee operation performance from Ernie. Just goes to show how this game can make an idiot of you.

Comment

Amazed by Els performance, I really thought the big easy was finished. That was a pre 2005 knee operation performance from Ernie. Just goes to show how GAMBLING can make an idiot of you.
                                                                                                                          FYP

Tiger to announce his comeback soon, then C kid will join this thread

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X