Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPAD2/Android Tablets and poker sites???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPAD2/Android Tablets and poker sites???

I was thinking of buying a IPAD2 or one of the android tablets, probably the samsung galaxy.

Just wondering can you download poker site software like Pokerstars, Paddy power poker, party poker , 888 ........ and play your poker account like on a laptop or desktop computer??

I think you can play on BWIN, Party and Betfair. There are probably a few more but I'm sure these all have downloadable apps.

Comment

Didn't think it was possible to play poker on the Ipad???
      NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Winamax have a very good app for playing on their site. They ran some tournaments on it at the tournament we filmed in Paris this weekend. It works very well and they have versions for Android & IPhone.
        sigpic
        www.d4events.com

Comment

Help needed. Have downloaded the winamax app and managed to set up an account even though it was all in french! I now want to deposit but am finding it difficult. Is there a way to get an english version of this app, or an english version of the winimax site?

Comment

Originally posted by alocon View Post
            Help needed. Have downloaded the winamax app and managed to set up an account even though it was all in french! I now want to deposit but am finding it difficult. Is there a way to get an english version of this app, or an english version of the winimax site?
            There is not an English version of the client or website, they only market to French speaking territories.

Some of the customer service team have good English though, if you drop me a mail I can forward your name onto someone there and they should get back in touch with you. Don't send me any account details though, you can give them directly to them if needed.

It might be easier to complete your account set up and make your first deposit on a mac or pc.
            sigpic
            www.d4events.com

Comment

Yea I'm on a PC now and still can't deposit! Will have to find someone who speaks french haha my user name is Alocon. Thanks

Comment

Managed to deposit, dont know how!!! Thanks for reply anyway... cheers

Comment

The client can be changed to English on the PC. Not sure about the app.

Comment

Just a quick update regarding winamax app. Have been playing it constantly and have to say i'm really impressed. Good selection of games, havnt been disconnected once. Software very user friendly, work will never be the same again....

Comment

Just a quick update regarding winamax app. Have been playing it constantly and have to say i'm really impressed. Good selection of games, havnt been disconnected once. Software very user friendly, work will never be the same again....
                      What tablet do you have?

Comment

I'm playing on my phone, galaxy samsung s

Comment

Cant find the winamax app on the android market?

Comment

Try accessing the winamax site through the phone, should be able to download through there. Its all in french so may take a while!!!

Comment

Got it sorted, you can get them to email you a link from you pc, its pefect, can play all games, i have a 17hr 40min flight in 2wks so will be very handy, dont think you can use any other site on android that i am aware of.

Comment

yea it's handy, havn't played it too much. Bwin have an app and stars have just released theirs.

Bwin is just cash i think, not mad about the software. Stars only works in the UK at the min but the app can still be downloaded through the market. Watched a game for a few mins and it looks decent. Just not sure when its available here.

Comment

How can you play on a flight? Internet on the plane? Does it cost a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                    How can you play on a flight? Internet on the plane? Does it cost a lot?
                                    I'm flying with Ethiad and they have free wifi

Comment

yea it's handy, havn't played it too much. Bwin have an app and stars have just released theirs.

Bwin is just cash i think, not mad about the software. Stars only works in the UK at the min but the app can still be downloaded through the market. Watched a game for a few mins and it looks decent. Just not sure when its available here.
                                      I put pokerstars into the market search and no results came up

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                        I put pokerstars into the market search and no results came up
                                        Here... http://www.pokerstarsmobile.com/

Won't work in Ireland, not sure about on the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                          Here... http://www.pokerstarsmobile.com/

Won't work in Ireland, not sure about on the plane.
                                          Wont work i'd say as you have to enter your phone number using the country codes from a list which dont have Ireland, bit of a balls

Comment

www.switchpoker.com irish based mobile phone poker site, ipad/phone/pod and android. cash games only at the moment.
                                            link will give you a bonus up to 600 euro, or go direct to switchpoker to register from pc or phone.

Comment

You can also play this on mobile:

Have to say that stars app is probably the smoothest one I've played so far though

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Rod View Post
                                                I was thinking of buying a IPAD2 or one of the android tablets, probably the samsung galaxy.

Just wondering can you download poker site software like Pokerstars, Paddy power poker, party poker , 888 ........ and play your poker account like on a laptop or desktop computer??

I use both, ipad, pretty much everything you need is in itunes, you can download apk files for galaxy/android tablets
                                                Last edited by haribo; 23-01-14, 15:48.

Comment

hi I had same problem couple of months back, in the end i got an Asus tablet it runs the full version ofwindows so you can download any of the software and run it, happy out with it

Comment

Most sites have responsive mobile versions now compared with when this thread began, so not so much need to download apps anymore thanks to html5.
                                                    Last edited by HarryEdgely; 28-11-15, 16:44.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X