ITM spot in $11 FO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITM spot in $11 FO

This hand is from Deep in an $11 stars tourney. I'm top 5 in chips with around 60 left. All decent money tied up in FT obviously. I've only been at this table for maybe 30 hands or so. I've a bit of a maniac image because I've been getting slapped in the face by the deck. Would imagine I've played 40%+ of the hands I've gotten at this table.

The villan is playing 25/9/0 he folded to the 1 time he got 3bet which was when somebody shoved over his raise. I also OPR'd him while time banking and he's a losing player with around a -27% ROI.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 800/1600 Blinds 150 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t13235)
    UTG (t44191)
    UTG+1 (t53995)
    MP1 (t37791)
    MP2 (t20441)
    CO (t53159)
    Button (t79974)
    Hero (SB) (t82194)

Hero's M: 22.83

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J
    1 fold, UTG+1 bets t4000, 4 folds, Hero raises to t8550, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t4550

Flop: (t19900) 3, A, 10 (2 players)
    Hero bets t10945, UTG+1 raises to t45295 (All-In),

Might be turning into a pussy in my old age but I fold here,

10-10 or KQ I'd guess

Comment

its a fold for me as well

Comment

Tricky spot, i probably would have flatted out of position but i do like your raise size.

Im think he 4bets pre wit QQ KK and AA so here im think maybe a set of 10 but most likey flush draw maybe with a straight draw aswell. Sometimes (5%) bluff!
        Last edited by pocket9s; 30-03-12, 15:28.

Comment

Originally posted by pocket9s View Post
          Tricky spot, i probably would have flatted out of position but i do like your raise size.

Im think he 4bets pre wit QQ KK and AA so here im think maybe a set of 10 but most likey Ax maybe with a straight draw aswell. Sometimes (5%) bluff!
          I would have flatted the opening raise too... your in a real tricky spot now i think you can rule out AA and AK and even TT as i think he would 4bet with all these hands especially with your image.. AQ or AT is likely as is a hand like KhQh or QhJh... meh i think i just sigh fold and wait for a better spot if you think you have an edge.

Comment

Originally posted by gillespie101 View Post
            I would have flatted the opening raise too... your in a real tricky spot now i think you can rule out AA and AK and even TT as i think he would 4bet with all these hands especially with your image.. AQ or AT is likely as is a hand like KhQh or QhJh... meh i think i just sigh fold and wait for a better spot if you think you have an edge.
            +1

Comment

I really hate the raise pre, your bloating the pot oop.
              Last edited by flushjee; 30-03-12, 15:42.

Comment

You gotta make it 10k or close to it pre, your crying out to play a flop OOP with this sizing imo.

edit to say, thats if your confiedent about 3b i dont know if i like flatting or 3b just seems so player and game flow dependant that theres no right answer.

as played on flop i prob bet/sigh fold. interested if anyone would check?
                Last edited by Laois Hammer; 30-03-12, 15:49.

Comment

fold pre.
                  I'd check the flop to induce bluffs otherwise were not getting any value from the hand by betting.
                  Fold to the shove now because your mostly behind

Comment

Fold pre, if raising raise more.
                    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I said i wouldnt read the thread before replying as it usual changes my thought.

I despise the 3 bet pre i really dont mind folding it pre but if im playing im calling not 3 betting.

As played i cant find a fold on the flop.

Edit after reading : I really like checking the flop as Laois hammer mentioned
                      Last edited by tipp86; 30-03-12, 15:53.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Might just fold pre here, but in any case 3b/f is fine, more tho OOP, like 9.2-9.5k or w/e to discourage flats. Calling is the worst option

As played b/c like 7k otf, the stronger our bet the stronger the range villain plays back with, but since we're never folding flop is best to keep his range wider by betting smaller.
                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I considered folding pre. But it felt a bit weak folding it to a single raise from somebody that seems to be pretty bad. I was 3betting then expecting him to 4bet with AK maybe AQ and also 99+ there. So when he called I didn't really think he could be that strong.

After calling pre how many hands can he have here that beat us? AT, AQ, 33, TT would anybody think he could have AK here? It would be pretty terrible to just flat the 3 bet with it and to put in just under 20% of his stack pre.

As we're presuming he's pretty bad could he be peeling that 3 bet with A9s,A8s,A7s do you think?

Comment

I think AQ and AK are the most likely hands that beat us. I don't like the 3bet at all. He's tight and he's in EP meaning his range should be much stronger. I hate the idea of 3bet calling with AJ.
                            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Fold pre.
                              I don't like trying to take it down vrs his EP range nor do I want to be OOP here.
                              Fold now. He easily flat calls the 3bet with Ak or Aq

Comment

Originally posted by GaryT View Post
                                I considered folding pre. But it felt a bit weak folding it to a single raise from somebody that seems to be pretty bad.
                                He may be very bad, but when you inflate the pot OOP with a difficult hand to play you are automatically minimising any skill edge you have on him.

I was 3betting then expecting him to 4bet with AK maybe AQ and also 99+ there. So when he called I didn't really think he could be that strong.
                                I reckon there is a decent possibility that he flats his entire raising range in that position to such a 3 bet size given the context of the buyin level.

After calling pre how many hands can he have here that beat us? AT, AQ, 33, TT would anybody think he could have AK here? It would be pretty terrible to just flat the 3 bet with it and to put in just under 20% of his stack pre.

As we're presuming he's pretty bad could he be peeling that 3 bet with A9s,A8s,A7s do you think?
                                AK is absolutely a possibility because their mindset is "I'll see if I hit the flop first".

I would definitely have checked the flop, and I would disagree with a lot of this thread and call now. You are getting over 2 : 1 there could be Kx draw combos in his range.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

This hand is from Deep in an $11 stars tourney. I'm top 5 in chips with around 60 left. All decent money tied up in FT obviously. I've only been at this table for maybe 30 hands or so. I've a bit of a maniac image because I've been getting slapped in the face by the deck. Would imagine I've played 40%+ of the hands I've gotten at this table.

The villan is playing 25/9/0 he folded to the 1 time he got 3bet which was when somebody shoved over his raise. I also OPR'd him while time banking and he's a losing player with around a -27% ROI.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 800/1600 Blinds 150 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t13235)
                                  UTG (t44191)
                                  UTG+1 (t53995)
                                  MP1 (t37791)
                                  MP2 (t20441)
                                  CO (t53159)
                                  Button (t79974)
                                  Hero (SB) (t82194)

Hero's M: 22.83

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J
                                  1 fold, UTG+1 bets t4000, 4 folds, Hero raises to t8550, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t4550

Flop: (t19900) 3, A, 10 (2 players)
                                  Hero bets t10945, UTG+1 raises to t45295 (All-In),
                                  these are spot s i always see and your 3 bet pre is to small that or even let pocket 33 into the hand if your taking this line id be 3 betting to about 13k and snap folding to a 4 bet shove, and on this flop you just cant fold here your only loosing to 2 hands AQ and and pocket 33 every other hands 4 bets pre some times you might get a flat with 10 s in this spot because your 3 bet is so small ,, so im always check calling this flop let him barrel with worse A and draws but im never folding

Comment

Working...
                                  X