Spazztard Gonna Spazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spazztard Gonna Spazz

$5 Freezeout on Pokerstars.fr. Nothing major on villian. No big profit made but has been playing okish I suppose at the time and was running at 21/18 with 6.8% 3-bet. Maybe should take out the results but please give opinions before clicking if possible. Anyone really hate my line or even worse anyone actually like it? I haven't done anything too crazy up to this point. 3 bet a few times and most of the flops have played out pretty standard.

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 1000/2000 Blinds (7 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t128255)
    MP1 (t34690)
    Hero (MP2) (t122748)
    CO (t24491)
    Button (t52278)
    SB (t139988)
    BB (t105004)

Hero's M: 40.92

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, J
    2 folds, Hero bets t4400, 1 fold, Button calls t4400, 2 folds

Flop: (t11800) 4, 3, 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets t6750, Button raises t13500, Hero raises t111348,
    SPOILER
    Button calls t34128

Turn: (t107056) 2 (2 players)

River: (t107056) K (2 players)

Total pot: t107056

Results below:
    Button had 7, A (one pair, threes).
    Hero had 9, J (one pair, threes).
    Outcome: Button won t108806

Hate it... You have 60 bbs! Why on earth would you want to risk that much on a shitty hand like this? Give up after the continuation bet. If you really think he's at it, just click his raise back, you'll get the same info.

Didn't realise the button only had half your stack... Still hate it though.
    Last edited by KK82; 14-03-12, 00:13.

Comment

cbet way less, and I'd prob just fold. He already has c. 1/3 of his stack in the pot at this stage

Comment

id just fold pre

c-bet about 5.2k

fold to the raise

Comment

I fold this pre a lot. But takign a stab from the HJ is ok sometimes.
          C-betting smaller woudl achieve the same, but that's not a major concern.

The shove is spewing chips imo. He has a 1/3rd of his stack in, your FE is very low.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
            Hate it... You have 60 bbs! Why on earth would you want to risk that much on a shitty hand like this? Give up after the continuation bet. If you really think he's at it, just click his raise back, you'll get the same info.

Didn't realise the button only had half your stack... Still hate it though.
            What can he have though? He is capable of 3-betting, what exactly is he going to have on this board texture that he's going to now click it back on my flop raise. If I click it back, i'm committed to call. I want close the action and don't want AJ or something cramming on me, I want to close the action. I agree it's probably spew and I don't dispute i'm capable of splashing round a ton.

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
            cbet way less, and I'd prob just fold. He already has c. 1/3 of his stack in the pot at this stage
            What is he repping though? From those who haven't played on the french site, frenchies love to raise dry flops.

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            id just fold pre

c-bet about 5.2k

fold to the raise
            You can be a nit and fold pre. I always open these hands deep. I'm going to have position a bunch and we're super deep everyone except the button who is jamming or fold. I'm not opening this hand as a shortie from UTG, i'm super deep, gonna be in position and confident enough in my post flop game.

I do agree with the c-bet sizing. I had 6 tables at the time. Without a doubt agree it should have been smaller.
            Last edited by peterswellman; 14-03-12, 00:48.

Comment

Fold pre.

See Yeti Theorem.

Comment

That is the sort of thing I do a lot when I've a big stack in tournaments (probably a pretty big leak on my part). Its the sort of board neither of you could of really hit apart from maybe some ace rags but he shouldn't be flatting them when that shallow stacked or pocket pairs. He couldn't be set mining 44 with only 25bbs?

As played you have to fold I think. He's put too much in to fold at this point I reckon. If you cbet less then his raise would be less which would give you more of a chance to get it through. It is still a bit of a spew though and a lot greater risk than reward I'd say (even though I do the same a lot!)

Comment

How often does he have air here? Does he ever fold a pair? It's hard for him to have much of a hand, but he could easily have a smallish overpair. I don't hate it as much as the others do but I think you would be better of folding when he raises you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    How often does he have air here? Does he ever fold a pair? It's hard for him to have much of a hand, but he could easily have a smallish overpair. I don't hate it as much as the others do but I think you would be better of folding when he raises you.
                    I think he has air here 80% of the time, I guess by air, he could still have better had the ours but shouldn't be calling a shove....or probably will anyway. About 15% he has a pair he flatted without getting the correct odds to set mine and he's just poor player all round. The other 5%, he has flatted a monster to raise any flop and get the money in versus us. This would be a good play because I will be c-betting almost any flop here. My c-bet is like 87% and he's going to get the most value from my bluffs and could certainly induce me to shove here with worse. WP sir if that's the case.

Are these kind of guesstimates, too optimistic? His sizing is intended to look super strong here, right? What exactly can he have that's this strong? His sizing looks like he wants a jam which he shouldn't be trying to discourage me from doing with his bluffs.
                    Last edited by peterswellman; 14-03-12, 01:35.

Comment

Pre is fine. Cbet way smaller ~5k. Initially disliked the shove, but villain prob 3b-gets it in pre w 88+ this shallow so not many PPs in his range.. I'd suspect mostly Ax/broadways so this can be some retarded bluff/information raise some. Still think CIB/f > shove though since we have a POS hand and no reads. Hard to assign a range to someone 25BB deep flatting IP when they should be 3b/c or 3b/f most of the time with those stats.
                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                      X