Live 100NL with JJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live 100NL with JJ

Bought in for €150, at my table for 2-3 orbits so I haven't seen much play to get a good feel for other players. The €3 straddle is in play quite frequently, but it generally only results in mulitway limped pots. Pre-flop raising isn't occurring too often either, with the standard open being €6.

Anyways I'm dealt JsJh in the SB. UTG opens for €6, and there are two callers. Action is on me and I decide to call. (I try to avoid 3-betting OOP with non AA/KK hands as often as I can, and didn't like the idea of playing JJ OOP in a 3-bet pot with possibly 4 players.)

Flop: Q J 2 rainbow.

I lead for €16, hoping to get action from a Q or maybe even an overpair. I get called by one fairly passive player who'd be tighter than most at the table, based on what I've seen so far, and another aggressive player(based on my mate's opinion of previous play with him, not mine) on the button.

Turn: Ac (Two clubs on board)

I lead out again, this time for €36, called again, and then the button makes it €80-€90. I re-raise all-in.

I'm not that experienced playing live cash, was there anything that I shoulda done differently? Most obvious things that spring to mind would be 3-betting pre (which I gave my reasons on) and C/R-ing the flop. (I didn't wanna possibly end up getting KQ/AQ to fold).

Anyways your opinions on the hand would be appreciated, I've been a long-time reader of threads on IPB, about time I started making some more of my own, cheers!

ok break down the hand

1. I dont mind the call pre flop. You're oop and in live pokers you tend to get called down lighter. It may be a bit weak to set mine JJ but whatever if you hit your likely to get paid lots

2. On the flop I 100% c/r. You have relative position in so far as you will be last to act after UTG puts in his cbet and it allows you to pick up some dead money from the players that might float, peel too wide blah blah

After that just worry about how to get the money in ASAP and dont fold

Comment

You played it fine, just unlucky to run into KT

Preflop you could just make it 40 and shove almost every flop profitably, (obv check fold if there's multiple callers and an ace or a king), but calling is fine too.

Comment

Yeah I prefer to check the flop which gives UTG the chance to lead and others to call or whatever. If it goes bet-raise before it gets to them you'll have lost some customers. Leading wastes your relative position.

Comment

Is this a 1/1 game? I would try and avoid that type of game for a start.

Played it fine, ul

Comment

Why avoid it Ste?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Why avoid it Ste?
              From my very limited experience of live 1/1 games I find them difficult to play. Typically there are a lot of multiway pots and find preflop play a bit trickier with sizing personally.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post

Not sure I get what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post

Played it fine, ul
                  one of the best value games in town is a 1/1 game .

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                    one of the best value games in town is a 1/1 game .
                    You'll have to explain that to me

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                      Not sure I get what you're saying.
                      He seems to be saying avoid 11 games because they are full of really bad players

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                        He seems to be saying avoid 11 games because they are full of really bad players
                        Spot on, I dislike playing cash in general

Comment

Cheers for the replies, and yes, as you've already deduced I ran into KT. Also, I opted to play 1/1 purely on the basis that they are full of weak players, that I'd hoped to have gotten the chance to exploit.

Yeah the bet sizing is a bit of a pain in those games, the 6x-10x pre-flop raises cause the pots to spiral outta control, but for every time your set gets outdrawn by muck in these games you tend to win it all back, and more, from the players who'll c/c pot-sized bets all the way to the river chasing their draws.

Comment

Working...
                          X