• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estrellas San Sebastien hand

Playing 16k. Villain covers.
    Blind 400/800.
    Hand: AA

Folded to villain in cut-off +1 who raises to 1700.

I'm on the cutoff and have been playing very tight for the last two hours.

Worried a 3-bet will get thru I flat call and everyone else folds.

Flop K-8-4.

Villain leads for 2,900. I call.

Turn 10.

Villain checks, I quickly check behind.

River J. Villain shoves.

Comments on all parts of hand welcome.
    Last edited by rag2gar; 30-07-12, 17:34.
    http://www.pokerireland.ie

This is definitely a reverso

3bet pre
    bet turn
    Prob fold river as played

Comment

What's your thought process on the flop and turn? I pretty much hate it.

I don't mind the flat pre, but i'd happy to get the money in on the flop and mostfuckingdefinetly on the turn. If we play the flop as it is, there's 11200 in the pot going to the turn (assuming 100 ante) and our stack is 11400. I just shove the turn, or bet/call. I can't see what checking the turn does for us at all. We don't beat much on the river as played

Comment

If he folds to the 3 bet you have made 1700 plus the blinds 2900 total, thats a nice addition to your 16k stack. If he calls even better.
        Bet out on that turn every time. Its probably a fold to bet on river but you shouldnt be in that position. Any suits on the board?
        airport, lol

Comment

Read on villain?

I don't mind pre-flop assuming villain is decent and opens alot. Also nice if there are squeezers behind.
          Flop fine.

Turn I may bet. Again, it depends on villain.

River, I fold.

Comment

Wat
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I don't see why everyone is so desperate to fold the river, got only knows what he has but he can definitely be bluffing. The advantage of checking the turn is good because it underreps our hand.

I think you played the hand perfectly until the turn, given you have a pot bet left I don't think a raise on the flop has any merit at all. Definitely bet the turn though.

I think you have to call the river. - He can be shoving AK here

Comment

Flatting pre is fine. Definitely bet/call the turn. I think checking it back is pretty bad.

Comment

I like preflop considering you've been playing tight. I'd probably shove over the flop bet rather than take it to the turn. As played, on the turn, I'm definitely getting it in; probably bet small (~4k) rather than shove though.

Comment

pre is fine obv, flop is fine. b/c turn ~3k. have to call river as played since any decent villain knows we're calling here so rarely, because our hand is under-repped and our perceived range is capped having checked back.
                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I like pf, and the flop.
                      But I shove the turn always.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        I like pf, and the flop.
                        But I shove the turn always.
                        agreed with mellor shove turn

Comment

What was your reasoning behind turn check? If I did check the turn, I dont think I could bring myself to fold the river.

Comment

Yeah turn check was bad. I did it very quickly and without thinking really - a mortal sin in live poker!

I called river which was the big decision of the hand IMO. I've deliberately under-represented the hand throughout only to leave myself with an ugly board and facing a big bet.

In short, although he can be bluffing (he had been playing quite laggy) he has to be doing it too much of the time to make the river call correct.

He had J8 btw.
                            http://www.pokerireland.ie

Comment

Originally posted by rag2gar View Post
                              Playing 16k. Villain covers.
                              Blind 400/800.
                              Hand: AA

Folded to villain in cut-off +1 who raises to 1700.
                              I'm on the cutoff and have been playing very tight for the last two hours.
                              Worried a 3-bet will get thru I flat call and everyone else folds.
                              Flop K-8-4.
                              Villain leads for 2,900. I call.
                              Turn 10.
                              Villain checks, I quickly check behind.
                              River J. Villain shoves.

Comments on all parts of hand welcome.
                              I covered this hand in my Northern Open, Dundalk, report last weekend.

"Later my AA lost on a board of TJK8 when the other player bet 3,100, very high for 50/100 blinds, so many hands gave him a lock so I folded the AA."

Comment

Originally posted by rag2gar View Post
                                Yeah turn check was bad. I did it very quickly and without thinking really - a mortal sin in live poker!

I called river which was the big decision of the hand IMO. I've deliberately under-represented the hand throughout only to leave myself with an ugly board and facing a big bet.

In short, although he can be bluffing (he had been playing quite laggy) he has to be doing it too much of the time to make the river call correct.

He had J8 btw.
                                I don't think the river is the big decision of the hand, its a tough decision but it should never happen, its very rare that you get such a decision with almost no information. Its pretty marginal and in the long run probably doesn't make much difference if you call or fold.

Comment

Working...
                                X