€1/2/5 Live Thoughts On Turn and River?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€1/2/5 Live Thoughts On Turn and River?

Table has been tame, most flops seen for<€ 15, very little 3 betting pre, but most players playing pretty deep for this game, hero is most aggressive player at table, raising alot pre but this is just because have been picking up top range but only had a few to showdown, so probably percieved as LAG, villain is a bit of a mixed bag, hard to pick up a read on him, only history with hero is a hand played earlier when I flopped a set of 8's v his kq on kq8 flop... called another player down in very strange hand with board reading JJ7AK, other player showed 55 and took it down!! But has been chipping up despite some strange play.

is my turn check terrible here? If i bet like €60-€70 here ... pretty much folding to any bet on the river regardless... its a terribad card anywho

River is an easy fold ?

Hero is UTG and playing €450, villain is straddle and playing €400+

Hero 89 raises to €13, SB calls, BB calls and straddle completes

FLOP

710J

Checked around to Hero, I bet €35, SB and BB fold, Villain calls

Turn

Q

Villain checks, Hero checks

River

Villain bets €100, hero??
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Bet/fold the turn, it's a hideous card but there's still value to be gotten from sets/ AhJx, KhQx type hands.

I'd probably fold the river. It's another terrible card. Has he been bluffing much? Without any more information it's a fold for me.

Comment

Pretty much what moneymaker said. I prefer making it closer to 20 pre-flop I think.

Comment

Tough hand, I think you played it fine.

There's a small chance villain might be value betting worse, plus it's very hard for him to have a house. Bubblekings usual advice of shoving might actually not be that bad here; he can't have a house here and he can't have better than a flush, and his flush is probably quite small. You on the other hand could easily have a house. From your description I'm not sure he is capable of folding a flush here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
          Bet/fold the turn, it's a hideous card but there's still value to be gotten from sets/ AhJx, KhQx type hands.

I'd probably fold the river. It's another terrible card. Has he been bluffing much? Without any more information it's a fold for me.
          its hard to know if he's been bluffing much, has taken some strange lines in some hands though, but in general has been pretty sold imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
            Tough hand, I think you played it fine.

There's a small chance villain might be value betting worse, plus it's very hard for him to have a house. Bubblekings usual advice of shoving might actually not be that bad here; he can't have a house here and he can't have better than a flush, and his flush is probably quite small. You on the other hand could easily have a house. From your description I'm not sure he is capable of folding a flush here though.
            theres a small chance hes value betting worse alright ....i dont know hes made some strange calls/lines at this table, i dont think bluffing the river is an option here, ifhe has a flush hes never folding

Comment

More pre, b/f turn, fold river as played. He has a flush here the vast majority, so shoving would be a decent option had villain not stationed down with essentially nothing in previous hands.
              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Depends on how frequently he value bets worse in this spot.

Sometimes we're folding the best hand, but in a nutshell, we're always going to be playing a -ev guessing game, unless of course we have more solid info to base our decision on, fold.
                Last edited by Samba; 17-04-12, 21:39.

Comment

initially i thought there are not that many hands in his bluffing range but there are alot of
                  Ah9 Kh9 97 J9 T9 87 with one heart in his range .
                  h
                  ands that picked up some extra equity on the turn but missed the river.
                  combined witht the fact that he some times folds a flush ,then i really like a shove in this spot.

Comment

[ ] deep
                    preflop is too small
                    flop is too small
                    need to bet turn, generally bet/folding but not against everyone
                    I'd vbet river if checked to me, but now you beat like 9T/8T or things like that and thats it. guess folding is fine, shoving seems really bad against what we can get from the description
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Bet ,fold the turn..I dont like your check.

When he calls the flop we can put him on jx,10x and kq ..Also any flush draws .Maybe take away a few flush draws as he would have raise flush draws with pairs and kqhh aqhh etc.

We have to bet the turn,id would bet out something like 50 and fold to a raise.

The flush draw comes in but I think we get value off aq,kq,qj,kj,q9 more times that he has a flush.If he raises i would fold and move on.

As played,i would probbaly fold the river depending on reads etc.

By checking the turn with something that isnt the nuts or redraw to the nuts we give him a chance to bet river and we dont know if its the nuts or a bluff,especially now the board paired...

fold river

Comment

More pre and bet the turn.

I mostly fold the river. But you said he has made strange plays, like that call down to lose to 55 on a wet board. Maybe he is just terrible

Comment

Working...
                        X