Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Could care less what's in the long term interests of US. It was Trump who linked stockmarket performance to how great he is. Plus US companies are highly reliant on international trade for profit growth, so what's in best interest of US is not necessarily in best interest of US stocks. And once again it wasn't me it was Trump (and you) that linked how great he is to US stock prices. Just judging based on your own choice of metric.
    Think you might wanna look at my posts again, good try though!

Comment

IPB 2018

Originally posted by IPBUser1
      Statement!
      Originally posted by IPBUser2
      Thats incorrect, heres why!
      Originally posted by IPBUser1
      Thats not what I said. Read my posts again
      Originally posted by IPBUser2
      Wanders off
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          What goes 'Woof, Woof, Boom'?
          A Grenade retriever terriorist.

Comment

We'd hardly have got over the million posts if we agreed with each other Teresa.
            Load of crap of course we would

Comment

We'd hardly have got over the million posts if we agreed with each other Teresa.
              Ha! Im just fucking around. This place has seen a rejuvenation lately. I don't want to, but I think its due to Jack. Go figure.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Just one week until Aintree which means it's not too late to enter the IPB Aintree Tipping comp.

Just a trickle rather than a flood of entries so far, no doubt evidence of the fear of the unknown (eoghan104 in charge for the first 2 days). €450 to play for so far.

Sitch talking all kinds of smack so please sign up to put him back in his box.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Iranians seem to be kinda cursed by their location to be thrown in with the other middle eastern religious nutjobs. Them and the lebanese were crazy long long before mohammed made it cool to be crazy.

Don't know enough about the Iranian government (except it seems less fcked up than it was) but the people themselves I've come across are strange brilliant people.
                    Gholi excepted obv.

Comment

Gholi is a fucking legend!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                        Where is that cunt these days?

Comment

Almost time to tell herself that the TV is going to be 80% green for the next 4 days.

She tolerated the 6N and last weekend, but Masters is always a serious step up.

Comment

Comment

President Trump not a criminal target of Mueller investigation.

Comment

Nice to be able to sit back and hopefully enjoy a decent match without caring who wins. I see my mates nephew is on the bench for Liverpool, nice to see him get a few minutes but highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                  President Trump not a criminal target of Mueller investigation.
                                  Trump is relieved. He's the Subject not the target. Lol . Ah here Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    Never liked him until I gave up poker then realised I did like him after all. Hmm might play a game soon

Comment

Iranians seem to be kinda cursed by their location to be thrown in with the other middle eastern religious nutjobs. Them and the lebanese were crazy long long before mohammed made it cool to be crazy.

Don't know enough about the Iranian government (except it seems less fcked up than it was) but the people themselves I've come across are strange brilliant people.
                                      have you watched "le bureau des legendes" yet? second season is based around Iran. Such a good series, one of the best French ones in quite some time

Comment

Denny needs to be more convincing when talking to other traders about how much of a genius Trump's trade strategy is.

Winning

Comment

Morning pokerhand

Comment

I'm tired just watching this
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              I'm tired just watching this
                                              The commentary on Rte I thought I was after puting on the Liverpool channel

Comment

George Hamilton, Ronaldo last night, Chamberlain tonight. Two goals for the ages yikes!

Comment

Pretty impressive from Liverpool so far. First to everything, relentless. Got very lucky for the first goal and have capitalised. Pains me to say it but great football to watch and Milner at the heart of it.

Comment

I don't watch the EPL - are Liverpool always this good? Look like scoring with every attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      I don't watch the EPL - are Liverpool always this good? Look like scoring with every attack.
                                                      Sometimes. Been good more often than not this season, but obviously not consistent enough just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        full throttle for 45 minutes, be an interesting 2nd half minus the gas. Sane having a shocker

Comment

What pre match incidents are the commentators and panel talking about? Was out walking the dog until just before kick off so didn't see any build up.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                            What pre match incidents are the commentators and panel talking about? Was out walking the dog until just before kick off so didn't see any build up.
                                                            City bus got pelted, a window got broken I think.

Comment

City’s bus took a bit of a pasting
                                                              Liverpool fans trying to give them cans bottles and smoke bombs
                                                              Couldn’t get door open so threw them thru the windows
                                                              City not happy

Comment

Meh. It happens. Bout time a bit of atmosphere happened at games in England.

Comment

In other news. Brian O Driscoll liked a tweet I sent him. Didn't think "celebs" even looked at replies to their tweets

Comment

City goal would sting

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                      Where is that cunt these days?
                                                                      He be in Malta! that is where all the kewl kidz are these dayz

Comment

Nicklaus' grandson with a beauty swing and a hole in one at the masters par 3 while caddying for Jack.

Life is class.

Comment

El Stuntdog on the way to the big kennel in the sky according to the vet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            City goal would sting
                                                                            Should have one, he wasn't offside.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Missed 1st half through sleep. Just as well though. Tough mountain for city to climb now tbh but not completely undoable.
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                Missed 1st half through sleep. Just as well though. Tough mountain for city to climb now tbh but not completely undoable.
                                                                                I disagree. Have United at the weekend. If they win, they win the title at Old Trafford. Be very hard to tune in for Tuesday again and score 4 without reply. Would actually fancy a Liverpool win again next week based on tonight

Comment

I disagree. Have United at the weekend. If they win, they win the title at Old Trafford. Be very hard to tune in for Tuesday again and score 4 without reply. Would actually fancy a Liverpool win again next week based on tonight
                                                                                  What are you disagreeing with

I say Liverpool are 95%+ through to the next round. But it is not 100% certain which is my point.

Comment

What are you disagreeing with

I say Liverpool are 95%+ through to the next round. But it is not 100% certain which is my point.
                                                                                    You said it's not completely undoable. I disagree. It's totally gone, game over.

Comment

The end of sleep or the start of sleep?
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You said it's not completely undoable. I disagree. It's totally gone, game over.
                                                                                        I'll back City at 7/1 to qualify if you wanna lay it? Seems like that's buying money for you if you think it's totally gone.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I would guess the start of sleep given you didn't just say 'doable'.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                            I'll back City at 7/1 to qualify if you wanna lay it? Seems like that's buying money for you if you think it's totally gone.
                                                                                            Ah now who's asking for silly bets.

Comment

A double negative is always a positive but a double positive is never a negative.

Yeah right.

Comment

Ah now who's asking for silly bets.
                                                                                                Well you made a point of calling pokerhand out for saying they still have a chance.

So which is it? Do they or don't they?
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Dobby will have a friendly even tenner that Liverpool will go through.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                    Well you made a point of calling pokerhand out for saying they still have a chance.

So which is it? Do they or don't they?
                                                                                                    They won't go through.

When you were certain of whatever statement you made before and I asked you for a bet you refused, now you're doing the same? Lol. Jog on sunshine

Comment

Would be good fun if as a rule all posts on ipb were open to a small guaranteed liability

Comment

...

Comment

Rip Fella

Read this!
                                                                                                          Nigel Quashie on Instagram: "I will always be proud to say how lucky I am to have been coached, managed and even meet you. If it wasn’t for you I would never have started my career playing football and will never forget going to Manchester United as a YTS trainee to do all the kit and boots in the changing room for the first team squad. 1hr 30 mins before kick off you name the team and I was in it and that’s how my debut went, I didn’t even get to think about it because all you said was your number 18, here are your boots and shin pads , just go and play, have fun and treat it like your over the park with your mates . My mum never had a mobile phone back then because we couldn’t afford anything like that and everything went through her work or home phone. I asked you after the game if I could call home to speak to her, you said use my mobile and call this number, it was my mum on the other end of the line and she said she was outside by the away team bus, I went outside to see her and asked how did you get here because I knew she couldn’t afford it, she told me Ray had got the club to pay for her train ticket to come to the game and then told me Ray got the club to give us our first mobile phone in life during the week and he wanted to surprise me knowing I was making my debut. I was given a chance by Ray Wilkins one of the legends of the game and to this day you are the first person I mention when it comes to football and that will never change. You will be missed so much not just in the football world but as a real human being with such class. Thanks for everything and my thoughts go to all the family. Sleep well Sir Ray Wilkins 🔵⚪️💙#raywilkins #legend #football #pureclass #qpr"
                                                                                                          1,971 likes, 167 comments - nigel.quashie on April 4, 2018: "I will always be proud to say how lucky I am to have been coached, managed and even meet you. If ..."

Comment

I spent the long weekend building a 25M garden path with a spade, a shovel, a wheelbarrow 50 m of wood and 3 tons of stone and only some occasional help from a bone idle teenager... Makes what these lads were doing a few fields across from me look like a handy number
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Don't know why I'm reading it, but so far this INM story makes no sense. Like there was a 'bombshell' tonight that one of DOBs firms provided cloud storage to INM. What the fck difference does that make?
                                                                                                              Haven't read much so Dunning–Kruger in full force here, but is it not that DOB had the potential to spy on every email between journos & sources? Mainly all the tribunal related stuff? And anything related to the boardroom scuffles with Tony et all?

There's been weird stuff in the past to do with security firms he's hired too.

Comment

Truth is I underestimated the the stone by a factor of three and will have to spend another day at it
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 04-04-18, 22:34.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  Truth is I underestimated the the stone by a factor of three and will have to spend another day at it
                                                                                                                  By editing that you have denied others the mind clearing experience of pondering on your original wording that I just had.

So for the others, here it is:

Truth is I misunderstood the the stone by a factor of three

Comment

South Park episodes about Mr Garrison/Trump and Trolling are fucking genius!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                      Nice to be able to sit back and hopefully enjoy a decent match without caring who wins. I see my mates nephew is on the bench for Liverpool, nice to see him get a few minutes but highly doubt it.
                                                                                                                      You getting nervous yet?

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Allez Allez Allez!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          I would guess the start of sleep given you didn't just say 'doable'.
                                                                                                                          Not completely undoable doesn't mean the same as completely doable.

Got 4 hours sleep before the game, and had a nap after. Found it very disappointing from a city perspective.

Dobby, the sit wasn't trying to get you make a bet. He was making the point that the game is not over. City have a slim chance, unlikely, but still a chance. Of all the teams in england, city are probably the best equipped to turn it around. If they can get 2 1st half goals in the ethihad then anything can happen, possible if they can get aguero fit for the 2nd leg.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X