Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few of you wanted the guaranteed spot for Italian team in the Heineken Cup to be removed.
    Its happening from season after next, only Top7 in Pro12 will qualify regardless of country.
    Official website of the Investec Champions Cup: fixtures, results, pool rankings, videos, news, stats, ticketing info & fan competitions.

Comment

Was rooting through an old box of cds earlier and threw on odelay by beck. One of my favourite ever albums. For 20 years I though it was a bale of hay on the cover. Just realised its a dog. Mind blown. Was this obvious ?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          > The Great Gatsby, Immersive Style i.e. they are taking out all the seats and you are encouraged to dress 1920s style and get involved somewhat
          My nephew who occasionally works there said 'Jaysus, half their usual audience need walking frames, are they trying to kill them?' when told of this.

Comment

The Gate have announced their upcoming schedule. Some interesting shows.

> The Snapper
            > Assasins
            > The Great Gatsby, Immersive Style i.e. they are taking out all the seats and you are encouraged to dress 1920s style and get involved somewhat

https://www.flowte.me/storefront/?v=431&e=8632
            Assassins is the only one thats jumping out at me.
            Would dread the idea of an immersive Gatsby, but get the feeling I could end up being dragged along.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
              ...Financial wizards assistance please...Planning to sell my HSBC shares soon, managed to get 42% increase but worried about strength of sterling...I've about €8000 worth that I'm looking to invest...Would anyone have suggestions of high interest savings accounts, or post office bonds etc?.. I'm not planning to touch it in the next 18/24 months so can do medium term savings accounts...thanks in advance for advice 😊...
              Why sell the HSBC holdings?

Comment

What's the best place to see what's on in theatres? Is it just theatre by theatre websites?

Comment

Enjoyed this post over t'other place..., you really need to read it in his Indian accent...

Originally posted by positron
                  Having said that, I grew up listening to elders refering distances in yards, furlongs, miles etc but often folks also say places were X amount of time away - and no they didn't use hours/minutes either. They would use nazhika (24 minutes), vinazhika (24 seconds), and nazhi/para to measure volumes. My grandma had a weight measuring stick - that's right, a stick, with detailed markings etc - there was some sort of math to go with it, which I shoud try and dig out (note to self). Height was in inches and weight was in kilos! Finally when I got to school/university, it was all metric - meters, seconds, kilograms! - And I thought that was it, I had everything right in my head, people are 1-2 meters tall, places are 10s to 1000s of kilometers away - world made sense.

Oh no... I then moved here to Ireland and found that miles are still in use. And Stones. Wait, what now, Stones? What's a stone? 6.34 kilos? That's 14 pounds. Pounds? Not pebbles? So 7 pounds is half a stone, and 3.5 pounds is a quarter stone? Oh no, a Quarter is 2 stones? Why? So what's 8 stones?.. Actually I still don't know. Eventually I got used to miles again - by constantly doing the mental arithmetic that a mile is 1.6 kms, and speeds are in miles per hour, okay I am getting used to this. Oh wait, now the country is switching everything to kilometers. Speed signs are in kilometers/hour now. But people talk in miles. Places are still X miles away. Cars/bikes shows kilometers now. And there are new speedlimits (30 kmph) that never had a mile/hour equivalent in my head. And as soon as you go north of the border everything goes back to miles again.

This is when I realised - I sure am getting old and grumpy - and soon going to get stuck in my ways - and if I am going to get stuck with a system of units in my head for rest of my life... I would rather it be metric system. Multiples of tens - easier to understand when dementia sets in.. Except for pints of course - that's exactly the right measure.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I was listening to a podcast with John Bollinger, guy who created Bollinger bands, its a few months old but the topic of Bitcoin came up, he was speaking about a Bitcoin ETF being traded soon, one of the FB Winklevoss brothers had an application for a Bitcoin ETF rejected recently but seems likely in the near future.

The conversation led to this article https://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-1/ about Silk Road, it was a really good read I thought, knew very little about it, Coen brothers have a film based on it in the works too.

Comment

Booked "Room" in The Abbey in July but looking forward to Dennys review of this weekends offering...

Comment

b a n t r

Timing is everything in sport, particularly when it comes to the finish of a race. Here are six people who got their victory celebrations badly wrong.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                          Looks like a mop to me

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                            Why sell the HSBC holdings?
                            ...Purely because my holdings are in GBP and worried about the currency taking a dive if brexit is hard on the UK...I can't see HSBC gaining more than gbp losing tbh...I've gotten a great return in 18 months so can't complain at all...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                              ...Financial wizards assistance please...Planning to sell my HSBC shares soon, managed to get 42% increase but worried about strength of sterling...I've about €8000 worth that I'm looking to invest...Would anyone have suggestions of high interest savings accounts, or post office bonds etc?.. I'm not planning to touch it in the next 18/24 months so can do medium term savings accounts...thanks in advance for advice 😊...

All on red. Rub money on titties
                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Having never read it, I thought the whole point (as in acceptance of ) the great Gatsby was it's an incredibly boring story incredibly well written!?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  100% true tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                    All on red. Rub money on titties
                                    Crazy advice

Has to be black

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I love the idea of a 20s themed show . Hmm I can go as the caretaker of the Overlook Hotel

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                          Crazy advice

Has to be black
                                          Nits. Zero green

Comment

They failed to inform me of the dangers of the chip
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I'd go to The Snapper just because. I would also dread being dragged along to TGG but were I allowed have 6 G&T's in advance of going then I'm pretty sure I'd have a good evening.
                                              That's how it works for all plays.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

You wouldn't think it reading the news wires but the US Attacked Syria today.

Whatever logic is said to be behind the strike is you can be sure that it will weaken the position of the reformer in today's crucial elections in Iran.
                                                Unsane not to be doing everything in their power to keep the reformers in power there.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                  http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/c...ampaign=buffer

They failed to inform me of the dangers of the chip
                                                  Was in a supermarket recently and when I turned into an isle a commotion started a bit up there was a lad lying on the ground roaring in pain and a few women around him one screaming hysterically. I walked over and he was all Oh me ankle and the women were calling for help for him. Yer man has his trouser leg rolled up and his ankle is a bit swollen but crucially already black and blue so there is absolutely no chance this happened in the previous few minutes.

Comment

Can't Get tickets for the national 😔

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                          Can't Get tickets for the national 😔
                                                          It looks like they were all gone in the presales. I know a load of people who tried for Dublin and the tickets were saying sold out within the first minute.

Opr

Comment

Comment

Apologies if already discussed but anyone got any thoughts on the impending AIB share sell off open to normal joes who have a registered account with an intimediary. Got to imagine money will be left on the table to make it a good news story?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  theres almost always a few percent (about 10%) upside from IPOs, so you'd be unlucky not to get something. I'd say just go in for the same-day flip though, as BoI is surely a far smarter long-term play given it was never infected with the public sector mindset
                                                                  Yeah would defo be thinking short term play.

Comment

Looking like Varadkar is pretty much nailed on. Anyone have any guesses about what is likely to be (or even seem) different with him in charge?

RD3 seems to be a fan.

Presume Paschal Donoghue will get the finance gig now?

Comment

How is he nailed on ? He's ahead but not nailed on.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                          How is he nailed on ? He's ahead but not nailed on.
                                                                          He's like 1/10 or shorter no? Impression I get from media types is that it's a foregone conclusion *shrug*

Equally happy to hear speculation on what a Coveney led government would look like.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Political analysis on Newstalk this morning reckon Coveney has support from at least 32 or so TDS . Race only starting

Comment

Political analysis on Newstalk this morning reckon Coveney has support from at least 32 or so TDS . Race only starting
                                                                                  Might be worth a crack at 6/1 with PP so.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        This is fun. Eoghan104....

SPOILER
                                                                                        Just saw this,.......... I'll take it.

TYTY

I often get Brendan O'Connor so TinTin is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                          Might be worth a crack at 6/1 with PP so.
                                                                                          Momentum can shift so I'm aving some of that.

What has Leo V achieved politically for such resounding support. I'm struggling to think of much .

Comment

Tis awesome that one of the main Android suppliers in Ireland is based in portlaoise. 4 of them signed up in two days. Gonna be a good month
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Momentum can shift so I'm aving some of that.

What has Leo V achieved politically for such resounding support. I'm struggling to think of much .
                                                                                              He is a medical doctor hes gay.
                                                                                              People saying he was a health minister great its in worse shape than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                Just saw this,.......... I'll take it.

TYTY

I often get Brendan O'Connor so TinTin is great.
                                                                                                I often get told i sound like Brendan O Connor not impressed to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Am loathe to lose more money, but surely the 11/8 on the next Irish general election being 2018 or later is the free-est of free money.

1. None of the parties can actually afford an election
                                                                                                  2. The polls suggest the results will be approximately the same
                                                                                                  3. There could be a Leo boost
                                                                                                  4. Enda explicitly ran saying he wouldn't be in office for the full term, so hard to make the case that the new FG leader doesn't have a mandate
                                                                                                  If there's to be a GE, Leo will be the one calling it.

Bounce from the new leader shininess factor plus the neverending economic good news. Destroy paper tiger Mehole in debates and job done.

Overall majority.

Comment

Oooh matron

Coming out

In support of Leo

To quote Homer Simpson: "has the whole world turned gay!?"

Comment

Looking like Varadkar is pretty much nailed on. Anyone have any guesses about what is likely to be (or even seem) different with him in charge?

RD3 seems to be a fan.

Presume Paschal Donoghue will get the finance gig now?
                                                                                                      looks good so far but will tighten.

25% of the vote is FG members who I imagine are conservative grey hairs who are either connected to farming thus will go for covney or old and dislike hospitals so will go against the minister for health or hate the gays.

A lot of those declared for Leo are the bigger city politicians as far as I know who are always going to back the guy less under pressure from rural groups or the IFA.

Covneny is probably better for Kerry - in with the IFA and rural groups for the sweet grant increases and less likely to get an outright majority so the Healy Raes may still be able to get things done.

Leo better for the country - nicely fiscally right and socially left. Also he will tell the church that despises his sexuality to fuck off which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                        I often get told i sound like Brendan O Connor not impressed to be honest.
                                                                                                        You almost look similar too now that you mention it.

He is like a young better looking Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          If there's to be a GE, Leo will be the one calling it.

Bounce from the new leader shininess factor plus the neverending economic good news. Destroy paper tiger Mehole in debates and job done.

Overall majority.
                                                                                                          Martin is a good debater and speaker really but combined they will wipe out a lot of the independents imo.

Leo would still get the majority indeed.

Comment

Surprised and slightly disappointed that AJ hasn't given us a comprehensive rundown of what various permutations are required for each of the six potential winners of French Lihue 2 going into the last round of games.

Comment

Who is in the house ?

Jesus , Sickpuppy and Eoghan are in the house.

Leo the gay TD cold be our new Taoiseach. Wasn't long ago we threw those boys into the slammer or the priesthood.

Comment

Seems odd that that's so regularly the first thing mentioned.

Comment

Edward the 8ths abdication as his fancy woman was a durty divorcee.
                                                                                                                  The world has changed. Sure look at the Whitehouse . Sexist , racist, pervert and still they follow. Seems very ODD.

Comment

What's the big deal with Leo being a faggot?

Comment

Welcome to Ireland 2017.
                                                                                                                      Just as being a menopausal woman was the real reason we are saddled with Trump Leo is clearly the better choice of (in this case) two excellent candidates but could well be undone by the one thing that people cannot really move past.
                                                                                                                      I do believe that it will be a more significant obstacle for him in this election than it will be in a General Election.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Welcome to Ireland 2017.
                                                                                                                        Just as being a menopausal woman was the real reason we are saddled with Trump Leo is clearly the better choice of (in this case) two excellent candidates but could well be undone by the one thing that people cannot really move past.
                                                                                                                        I do believe that it will be a more significant obstacle for him in this election than it will be in a General Election.
                                                                                                                        Why do you think he's clearly the better choice?

Comment

I have to put in an appearance at two 30th birthday parties tomorrow night. Should be an interesting contrast between them.
                                                                                                                          One will be a very straightforward late bar with disco and probably chicken nuggets and cocktail sausages. The other is in a yoga studio in town where we are promised they will defy the laws of nature by supplying 'Delicious Vegan Food'

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X