€100 plo hu 200bb deep, spewing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€100 plo hu 200bb deep, spewing?

I've double up this guy already, we have only being playing 8 hands so far and his stats are 100/63 with 3b of 25%. The hand where he double up he raised the button with QcQh8h5h and I CR for pot when he cbet potted a Jc7h6c board with my flopped set, I pot called a 3h turn and he stuck the rest in and hit the river so probably a standard enough hand.

Am I reading too much into all the nut blockers here against some random who I have no idea if he is capable of folding. He called the flop and turn pretty quick. Should I even bother betting this flop and the turn? I just feel like I am trying to set up a bluff for him to fold his flushes, straights 2pairs etc on the river. He has €116 left on the river.

$0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
    2 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    SB ($196.90)
    Hero (BB) ($225.04)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) Hero is BB A:heart: 8:heart: A:club: 3:diamond:
    SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9, SB calls $6

Flop: 6:spade: J:club: Q:club: ($18, 2 players)
    Hero bets $18, SB calls $18

Turn: K:club: ($54, 2 players)
    Hero bets $54, SB calls $54

River: 2:club: ($162, 2 players)
    Hero bets $144.04..........

that looks like so much spew
    if the villain is calling so quickly on each street you'd think he is on calldown mode.
    HU PLO can create vacuums of madness and I think he'll call off pretty light here.
    He isnt folding any str8 any flush in my mind, even 2 pair might call off
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
      I've double up this guy already, we have only being playing 8 hands so far and his stats are 100/63 with 3b of 25%. The hand where he double up he raised the button with QcQh8h5h and I CR for pot when he cbet potted a Jc7h6c board with my flopped set, I pot called a 3h turn and he stuck the rest in and hit the river so probably a standard enough hand.

Am I reading too much into all the nut blockers here against some random who I have no idea if he is capable of folding. He called the flop and turn pretty quick. Should I even bother betting this flop and the turn? I just feel like I am trying to set up a bluff for him to fold his flushes, straights 2pairs etc on the river. He has €116 left on the river.

$0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
      2 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      SB ($196.90)
      Hero (BB) ($225.04)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) Hero is BB A:heart: 8:heart: A:club: 3:diamond:
      SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9, SB calls $6

Flop: 6:spade: J:club: Q:club: ($18, 2 players)
      Hero bets $18, SB calls $18

Turn: K:club: ($54, 2 players)
      Hero bets $54, SB calls $54

River: 2:club: ($162, 2 players)
      Hero bets $144.04..........
      Instead of setting him up for bluffs - set him up for monsters. Against an unknown so few hands in, Id just be feeling him out. Certainly wouldnt be pulling off such bluffs. Theyd be reserved for when you know him a little bit more, and his ability to fold.

tbh not too mad how you played flop turn or river

EDIT: apologies i didnt read reply or river correctly. Trying to bluff the flush is one thing, making him fold str8s but having the Ac only helps this slightly. He's not folding any flush to you this early, and with your constant aggression you having the flush is unlikely.

As i said above, too early to get messy with all this until we have a rouch idea what he is. Presume retardo calling station until proven otherwise
      Last edited by Semibluff; 04-08-11, 23:10.
      GAA News Website

Comment

Bet 21 on the turn, check fold the river

Comment

In general, don't try to make people fold flushes on non paired boards. It usually doesn't work. You can only make this play if you good experience with the villain and a good read that he is capable of folding a flush.

So since you don't really know this villain, don't try it so early. You've no idea what he's capable of.

Comment

Nothing wrong with barreling here vs a known but since you have no info its pretty bad.

You dont need to pot the turn either

Vs unknown here I check fold flop.

Comment

its fine, although you dont need to [shouldn't] always pot

Comment

I would be curious how betting 70% pot on the flop and turn would have less of an effect than potting?

Comment

Yeah this hand is fine apart from flop and turn sizing. You can bet a little less and still ship the rest in on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                    Bet 21 on the turn, check fold the river
                    Why bet 21 on the turn?

Yeah, I wouldn't bluff this early either in hu, maybe 6-max I would early.
                    Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                    My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

FFs , I dont know what ur expecting to learn from posting this hand, 8 hands is useless.
                      The only advice I would give is bet 60-80% of the pot on last streets.

Comment

Working...
                      X