Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

omaha pot limit /biggest pot i was ever involved in/vs pokerstars pro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omaha pot limit /biggest pot i was ever involved in/vs pokerstars pro.

this is 10/20 eight game .

is this fold on the turn,or a ship.apoligiezies for no hand converter,opinions please.
    biggest pot in omaha high 4 me ,yes i shipped on the turn ,was this the wrong move with 3rd nuts,or not.

PokerStars Game #48082340595: 8-Game (Omaha Pot Limit, $2.50/$5.00 USD) - 2010/08/13 4:00:58 WET [2010/08/12 23:00:58 ET]
    Table 'Felicia IX' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: RehabJack ($1035.25 in chips)
    Seat 2: PiMaster ($652.75 in chips)
    Seat 3: peteypop999 ($471.65 in chips)
    Seat 4: Allingomes ($517.90 in chips)
    Seat 5: StatusUp ($455 in chips)
    Seat 6: chali2na99 ($577 in chips)
    chali2na99: posts small blind $2.50
    RehabJack: posts big blind $5
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to peteypop999 [2d Jc Kc Td]
    PiMaster: folds
    peteypop999: raises $10 to $15
    PiMaster leaves the table
    Allingomes: calls $15
    StatusUp: folds
    chali2na99: calls $12.50
    M Del Grosso joins the table at seat #2
    RehabJack: calls $10
    *** FLOP *** [5d 8c Kd]
    chali2na99: checks
    RehabJack: checks
    peteypop999: bets $25
    Allingomes: calls $25
    chali2na99: calls $25
    RehabJack: folds
    *** TURN *** [5d 8c Kd] [Ad]
    chali2na99: checks
    peteypop999: bets $45
    Allingomes: raises $55 to $100
    Last edited by peteypop; 13-08-10, 03:16.

When you shipped turn what worse hand did you expect to call you?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJoker View Post
      what????im not saying i won or lost im asking opinions,what are u trying to say with your one line redorical answer.

lol at your one line response.

Comment

Tried to convert the HH to help my eyes from being hurt but couldn't find a good one, what site are people using? FTR?

Seems like turn is an easy fold, never really see villain bluffing in this spot. His raise size also screams he wants to induce.

Comment

It was designed to make you think about the reason behind each of your options on the turn. You are not betting as a bluff with the 3rd nuts so therefore you must have bet for value. since you had about 20% of effective stacks in before you shoved turn you have to figure out a range that villain will raise you on turn and pay you off with or else it is a bad shove, basically a negative freeroll.

Comment

Semi bluffnot a possibility IYO? Genuine question btw.

Originally posted by TrEMOlo1 View Post
            Tried to convert the HH to help my eyes from being hurt but couldn't find a good one, what site are people using? FTR?

Seems like turn is an easy fold, never really see villain bluffing in this spot. His raise size also screams he wants to induce.
            Yes FTR is a popular hand converter.

I prob fold here too.
            Last edited by Aya14; 13-08-10, 05:27.

Comment

His raise is a stange one I think. $55 into a pot of $165. From your pre-flop raise he may think it's more likely you have KK or AA thus his raise could be for other reasons than he's sitting on the nuts.

1. He could have a baby flush with a 5678ds type hand and be fairly sure he's ahead and dropping to a re-raise or paired board river.

2. He could also be representing as if you call with AA or KK and the board bricks then he can bluff the river. Also along with this he could have the lone Qd and if you call, even with your own flush, the pot will be so big that a river shove gets through.

These may be long shots but def in a lot of players ranges. Unless your stats are very loose then I don't see a player with the nut flush offering you odds to pair the board (or close to correct odds - call the $55 to win the $210 dead money with 10 outs). As said above it could be an inducer bet too but without reads I'd prob shove.

Comment

Originally posted by peteypop View Post
                what????im not saying i won or lost im asking opinions,what are u trying to say with your one line redorical answer.

lol at your one line response.
                His one line response pretty much summed up this thread. He is spot on with what he's saying.

Why did you shove. Did you expect him to call with a set/2 pair

Are you bluffing or do you think your ahead.

Oh and it's Rhetorical

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                  Why did you shove. Did you expect him to call with a set/2 pair

Are you bluffing or do you think your ahead.
                  If (and it's a big if I'll admit) the OP decides that he's ahead, are you saying that he should just flat call and hope the board doesn't pair? And this would also mean that he would have to insta-call a river shove. The up side to shoving over the check-raise (if he gets a bluff/worse flush to fold) is not having to show your hand and getting a dominant position over the check-raiser for future pots.

All of this is obv irrelevant if he's just drawing dead and getting it in bad

Comment

This is a pretty easy fold

Comment

I thought the one line response was pretty much spot on.
                      You shoved the 3rd nuts, i don't see how 9dXd makes the call there, nor do i see a set calling. Maybe a flush set combo, but thats a pretty small range and still a maybe.
                      i don't know the villain but based on the fact that you included he is a PS pro, I assume he is decent.

As for the hand, i don't like your sizing at all,
                      25 into 60on the flop
                      45 into 135 on turn
                      His raise sets off alarm bells, its 55 into 225, and leaves you with a PSB, alarm bells. Looks like he wanted a shove, can't see it ever being a bluff. I assume he called of course as you said its the biggest pot ever for you at PLO

Comment

Working...
                      X