Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Just realised now after watching Survivor ............
    Really enjoying this season, dont think i even watched the finale of the last 2, didnt feel any connection to any of the players. This season though is different, some proper characters and i recognise most of the players this early, previous episodes someone would appear from the shadows around episode 6/7 and i would wonder where they came from !

SPOILER
    really loving the tribals
    This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Watched a lot of Joe Rogans podcasts in the last while. Jebus I love that guy. The thing that most surprised me was the actual crying on screen more than once. The last one I watched was himself and Kevin Smith both crying at separate times about their dead dogs.

I love a good cry, but would never do it in public. If I want to I go to my go to cry movies/tv e.g. 'The Elephant Man', 'The Butcher Boy' / S5E16 of Buffy.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              You were smaller.
              Gonna drop some wiki Yorkie knowledge on ya boy.

In 2002, Yorkie bars were 70g. This had been reduced to 64.5g by 2010, and was reduced further to 61 g in 2011 and then 55g later that year. It was shrunk again in November 2014 to 46 g. In January 2015, UK, Raisin & Biscuit Yorkies are now 44g. Limited edition Yorkie Peanut was 43g.

Shit's a travesty. It's no coincidence I went vegan in 2014. They legally had to stop saying it's not for girls due to these size reductions.

Comment

22nd July is savage so far
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...Saudi's have confirmed that the journalist was killed, but after a fight broke out...Guess the journalist was just unlucky to start a fight with a 15 man assassination squad... Obviously the Saudi Kingdom won't admit any doing or knowledge of it, but it has the potential to really get complicated...I just don't know why they did it there, instead of a car crash or shooting in public...
                  ...Even with the Russian poisoning thing in March, it would have been easier to just kill them like a normal murderer instead of putting a WMD on their door handle, and they didn't even kill them!...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    Gonna drop some wiki Yorkie knowledge on ya boy.

In 2002, Yorkie bars were 70g. This had been reduced to 64.5g by 2010, and was reduced further to 61 g in 2011 and then 55g later that year. It was shrunk again in November 2014 to 46 g. In January 2015, UK, Raisin & Biscuit Yorkies are now 44g. Limited edition Yorkie Peanut was 43g.

Shit's a travesty. It's no coincidence I went vegan in 2014. They legally had to stop saying it's not for girls due to these size reductions.
                    Ok, you win.

Buy two bars and you've more than you had when you were a nipper.

Prob best to buy 3 to account for the bigger hands, just in case.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

First time hearing about TikTok tonight - with its mere 500 million monthly active users. Some fun 'Chinese people doing weird things' TikTok videos on YouTube. Company that owns it was just founded six years ago and now worth $75billion.

Compared to the amount of coverage the hapless Twitter gets, we clearly need better coverage in West of what's happening in tech.
                      Wat

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                          Sweet.Mother.Of.All.Things.Holy.

That is why I never watch the Late Late, only flicked over as mate is in the choir who were doing back up.

That was the cringiest fucking thing I've ever fucking seen. Seriously, my licence fee pays for that shit
                          Sounds like a normal show for turgidy, what made this one so cringy.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Indeed, by that reckoning JULES IS ON TONIGHT is worth all the money in the world.
                            Was a 'wat' to the fact such un-entertaining absurdity could be valued so ridiculously.

Comment

Comment

Munster Gloucester about to start and showing on 4hd.

Can't imagine anything other than a munster win but really looking forward to the carberry cipriani battle.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                  Munster Gloucester about to start and showing on 4hd.

Can't imagine anything other than a munster win but really looking forward to the carberry cipriani battle.
                                  WTF with the glittery stuff on the Munster tops!
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

FAO Lazare

Comment

And indeed that was my response intention! That if crap music codology like that is worth $75bn, imagine what Jools would be worth.
                                      Ha! I thought you were annoyed at me and couldn't figure out why. I was sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

FAO Lazare
                                        I heard of the gig during the week and was a bit sick that I can't go. Have a group run in the PP tomorrow morn at 8.30am. Would have went out with Collie though to a different gig if I could.

Double whammy of bad timing, Van Morrison is playing there next Sunday. The night of the marathon. Killing me that I can't go. Almost missed the race, if I had've I'd be there.

Edit, cheers man for thinking of me
                                        Last edited by Lazare; 20-10-18, 12:28.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm going t have a chat with "John" on Monday. To try get an idea of what he thinks. Then chat to the boss.

I haven't told the missus yet. Which is ridiculous I know. But she was made redundant last week. I want to be sure there's no resolution possible before worrying her.
                                          Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          That's bad leadership in your place Mellor, if anything goes topsy turvy here for somebody the head honcho will sit down and talk with people, find out what is really happening and solve any issues. They often act preemptively too and check in on how things are going. I can imagine a good few people would have been let go if they'd not had the boss chat to them, sort things out and have had things turn around due to it. They are shockingly clued in to peoples personal lives or emotions around the office. These guys never even spoke to you, who wants that crap?

If he had to say that they "don't have more work for you going forward" or something they probably have some reason to avoid actually saying that you are let go for bad performance, some labour laws or something and may not have that chat with you, but ask.
                                          There's a chance that there genuinely isn't work for the two days of us. And they have every intention of taking me back if it picks up in future.
                                          But the timing is suspect imo. After that disaster project deadline.
                                          Last edited by Mellor; 20-10-18, 12:32.

Comment

Red card there seems very harsh indeed? Game ruined now.

Comment

Well that's the end of that game.

I just don't agree with those rulings at all. This weekend or last.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                It's becoming ridiculous. Cipriani is static with knees bent and the guy is charging low and head first into the shoulder. If anything there was a high tackle by the other defender, but that wasn't a red

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Wat
                                                  Needs moar

Comment

Utd 100/1 to win the league is/was a crazy price

They could finish top 2 despite the twat in charge

Comment

Heaslip really struggling with commentary lol

A couple of crackers :

16 men tied up in the scrum. 19 if we count the 2 scrum halves.

Carbery just shows how dangerous he is with 2 balls in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                        Utd 100/1 to win the league is/was a crazy price

They could finish top 2 despite the twat in charge
                                                        Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Well played.
                                                          Can I claim I triggered the twatishness as well?

Comment

Ridiculous penalty count for munster without a yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              Well that's the end of that game.

I just don't agree with those rulings at all. This weekend or last.
                                                              The game is fucked by legal cases if they don’t massively address head injuries. No choice but red cards for anything even borderline. It’s either that or the game doesn’t survive imo.
                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Munster were pretty poor today. Castes got a huge result so it will make the back to back games mightily tasty. Munster are improving but it’s going to take time to get consistency and I think they need their centres and Earlsie back. That fullback Halley looks very good and fit unlike Zebo. Looking. Forward to seeing how Zebo goes later.
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                  The game is fucked by legal cases if they don’t massively address head injuries. No choice but red cards for anything even borderline. It’s either that or the game doesn’t survive imo.
                                                                  Legal and the cost of insurance for clubs aside, parents will start stopping kids playing which will kill it over the course of 20 years completely.

Comment

Could be a very skewed sample of people who reside in comment sections of The Journal/Boards/twitter but my god the Peter Casey support seems to be snowballing quite dramatically.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      Could be a very skewed sample of people who reside in comment sections of The Journal/Boards/twitter but my god the Peter Casey support seems to be snowballing quite dramatically.
                                                                      Says alot that you spend your time reading those precious little corners of the internet.

Youre like 43 now. Move on.

Comment

Comment

It's pretty obvious at this stage that the HitchBot1.01 account has been taken off Red Sparrow and handed to a young girl

Comment

Businessman Peter Casey has decided to remain a candidate in the presidential election after a week of controversy over his views on Traveller culture and ethnicity.

Casey staying in the race and continuing to say all the right things.

Comment

In other great news, solidarity/PBP down to 0%, yes zero, in the latest RedC poll. Could Paul, Richard and their waster cronies kindly fuck off now please

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-37441787.html

Those opinion polls quoted were all taken before his popularity has risen of late but I feel they're whats been used to price the markets. I'd have him close to fav now without Higgins yet you can still get 14/1 which is a complete rick. Gonna have to strengthen my position further once shops open
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-37441787.html

I think it would set a bad precedent that someone who has these opinions wins any election but thankfully the position is largely meaningless and his probability of winning is low so it all seems pretty irrelevant.

Comment

Those opinion polls quoted were all taken before his popularity has risen of late but I feel they're whats been used to price the markets. I'd have him close to fav now without Higgins yet you can still get 14/1 which is a complete rick. Gonna have to strengthen my position further once shops open
                                                                                    True that. Poll taken between 5th and 16th. Statement on traveler housing made on 16th. Poll can't include swing since.

Some papers even saying that his poor showing is evidence that his position is being roundly rejected. Total misrepresentation considering timeline.

Lumping on at 14/1 given his recent lurch on social welfare. The poor don't vote. Let's just hope he doesn't lash out at OAPs. He might as well take a pop at immigrants now too. They don't have a vote in referenda right?

You will never get rich underestimating the stupidity of Joe public and all that.
                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Think he already had a go at leo for being a dirty foreigner so can tick that one of the list.

Comment

...
                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-10-18, 11:35.

Comment

Think you're underestimating a few base rates here.

1. The underlying odds of a candidate going from 2% support to winning an election in the space of about two weeks is 100s to 1

2. The Irish voting population is probably the most liberal in Europe. This isn't something fleeting - it's because it's the youngest population in Europe. But even the elderly are quite liberal. Michael D is the liberal candidate and Casey is the anti-liberal candidate. And liberal populations largely vote for liberal candidates.

3. Michael D is the supported candidate of most political parties, and this adds a huge base of automatic support.

4. Michael D is the incumbent liked candidate. Loads more base rate support there.

5. The actual positions of Casey are highly unlikely to be so popular that they will sway many people. As otherwise existing politicians would have tapped into those positions, and largely they don't.

6. There's nothing a president can do about these issues. So there's hardly a pressing must-vote reason to leave the house and vote.

I realise your position isn't 'he'll win' but rather he's an 8/1 shot rather than a 14/1 shot. But even that's a mad view. Just based on point 1 alone, he's waaaaaay more than a 14/1 shot. Would be massively surprised if he got more than single digits in the votes.

Don't want to bet on it btw, just an academic dissection
                                                                                          Its the 'without MDH' market he's discussing, Casey 14/1 in that.
                                                                                          Somewhere around 8% of the vote could win that if Higgins gets 65/70%.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

If it's any consolation I did feel a bit guilty for destroying your six beautifully crafted points with one short post.

Comment

Hitch the new Conor McGregor imo

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                    It's pretty obvious at this stage that the HitchBot1.01 account has been taken off Red Sparrow and handed to a young girl

Comment

I would think Michael D probably gets something around 65%.
                                                                                                      Gallagher probably gets support from the "anti-treaty" & "pro archbishop McQuaid" rump of Fianna fail voters. The shinners get their core vote out.

I reckon those 2 are around the same at 10-12%. That leaves 11-15% in play, can't see any way Casey gets 90 odd percent of that final group. Don't see him as value at any price in that market...

Comment

Bitchslap of the Day Award.

Tight contest between AJ and Der Spiegel but I'm going to give it to ze Germanz.

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                                                          I would think Michael D probably gets something around 65%.
                                                                                                          Gallagher probably gets support from the "anti-treaty" & "pro archbishop McQuaid" rump of Fianna fail voters. The shinners get their core vote out.

I reckon those 2 are around the same at 10-12%. That leaves 11-15% in play, can't see any way Casey gets 90 odd percent of that final group. Don't see him as value at any price in that market...
                                                                                                          Apparently half the first preference SF votes are going to Miggeldy at the moment.

What % is it they need to get to recover expenses? I think its around 10%.

Would be a shame if any of them got the 200K and a big setback for MaryLou if her girl doesn't.

I like your thinking but won't follow because surely SF have to a bit more engaged to finish second. Expect to see and hear a lot of MaryLou this week.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Shocking tackle to start the game lol. High and in the air

Comment

What a start for Toulouse !

Comment

Leinster in a spot of bother here.

Comment

Shocking tackle to start the game lol. High and in the air
                                                                                                                        11-0 down already.

The surrender-monkeying will have to be delayed until the second half.

Comment

Leinster in a spot of bother here.
                                                                                                                          Probably only win by 15 now.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X