Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Yeah, it is good. Probably want to go proper c.c. though.
    Get some grub in the Marker and hit the cocktail bar afterwards. Bringing clients for an Irish “cultural” pub experience is just messy.

I was in your offices on Tuesday btw. Seriously fucking hipster shit on the ground floor. Pool tables and wiff waff tables. Who are ye kidding? It’s still an investment bank right?

Nice view of building sites from the 7th floor anyway.

I heard the traders didn’t fancy Dublin and decided to fuck off to Paris as it’s only a train ride from London leaving the 4th floor empty. Nice big spare office for you!!

Edit: I had my boss over for a board meeting last month and managed to bag a table for 4 in Vintage Kitchen last minute and just hit Mulligans for a few drinks beforehand. Went down well as you’d expect.
    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 14-02-19, 14:23.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      I made a small deposit (€20) to a gambling site called sportsnation a couple of weeks ago to take advantage of an offer. After I deposited I either realised I didn't want the offer, or the price that I was after changed or something - I can't remember. Anyway, I decided to just withdraw the 20 quid again.

It went about two weeks before I noticed they hadn't processed the withdrawal and then I found they had locked my account as well. I got no email from them or anything like that. I got onto their live chat and the guy told me he had authorised my withdrawal as I was chatting to him.

Obviously the money never turned up. I'm onto live chat again today and they are telling me they locked my account because I didn't verify my details (20 quid deposit and two weeks - sounds a bit jumpy?), and moreover even if I confirm my details they won't give me back my money unless I turn it over. 'We're not a bank' the cheeky fucker tells me

Surely I'm entitled to deposit, miss the price and withdraw? Your man tells me it's in their T&Cs that I can't but I see no mention of such a term. What's my play here?
      At best they may cite AML requirements and need documents to process the withdrawal but if it's going to be sent back to the same deposit method seems over the top.

The requirement to turn over a deposit before withdrawing back to the same processor seems unlikely and given they're regulated by the UK gambling commission would be inclined to ask them to state specifically where in their terms that's a requirement. Would also ask what their process for appeal is or whether you should just go direct to the UKGC and file a formal complaint.

Imagine that'd get them moving fairly quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        At best they may cite AML requirements and need documents to process the withdrawal but if it's going to be sent back to the same deposit method seems over the top.

The requirement to turn over a deposit before withdrawing back to the same processor seems unlikely and given they're regulated by the UK gambling commission would be inclined to ask them to state specifically where in their terms that's a requirement. Would also ask what their process for appeal is or whether you should just go direct to the UKGC and file a formal complaint.

Imagine that'd get them moving fairly quickly
        Thanks Ed, that's more or less what I figured. I keep getting cut off from their live chat on the phone so I'll leave it till I get home to do it on the non-work laptop.

Comment

Id probably just stick it on T1 in the next

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Id probably just stick it on T1 in the next
            I originally went to just stick it on something but they were laughable prices on everything so I just said fuck it I'll withdraw. Now I just don't want to be catched by the cunts.

Comment

First response anywhere I've worked will be to cancel withdrawal, ask for KYC and tell you to turnover. Once you mention missing a price or your grannies funeral or whatever other excuse 99% of companies will process it as a one of good will gesture.

Comment

I originally went to just stick it on something but they were laughable prices on everything so I just said fuck it I'll withdraw. Now I just don't want to be catched by the cunts.
                T1 won the 4.42 in Crayford fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                  First response anywhere I've worked will be to cancel withdrawal, ask for KYC and tell you to turnover. Once you mention missing a price or your grannies funeral or whatever other excuse 99% of companies will process it as a one of good will gesture.
                  Am I actually relying on good will though? Surely they're not entitled to keep my money if I refuse to bet it?

Comment

T1 won the 4.42 in Crayford fwiw.
                    They have locked me out of my account as well don't forget!

Comment

As Ed said, once you mention UKGC (assuming you, as a customer, fall under that license - you may well not, even if they are UKGC regulated; you might be part of a player pool regulated by another license), they will jump pretty quickly. UKGC regs very, very heavily weighted towards customer rights, they are a pain to follow but gotta respect the UK for taking such a strong line.

Or at least talking the talk...

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        I was in your offices on Tuesday btw. Seriously fucking hipster shit on the ground floor. Pool tables and wiff waff tables. Who are ye kidding? It’s still an investment bank right? .
                        What the hell is 'wiff waff'?

Is that Carlow for table tennis? Hope you liked the Jamie Oliver restaurant.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Am I actually relying on good will though? Surely they're not entitled to keep my money if I refuse to bet it?
                          You cant force people to gamble, if it comes down to that just self exclude permanently but most likely you just need a manager or someone willing to make a decision to look at it and they will tell the agent to pay straight away.

Had a look at our site out of interest and here's one of our T&Cs - 7. Should we find that you are depositing money without the intention of playing, we reserve the right to charge a processing fee of 10% on preceding deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            What the hell is 'wiff waff'?

Is that Carlow for table tennis? Hope you liked the Jamie Oliver restaurant.
                            I thought a man like you travelling to Sri Lanka for a bit of cricket would know the name for ping pong coined by those blighters who created the game in India during the time of the Raj using champagne corks and cigar lids!
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                              I thought a man like you travelling to Sri Lanka for a bit of cricket would know the name for ping pong coined by those blighters who created the game in India during the time of the Raj using champagne corks and cigar lids!
                              I was more intrigued by the concept of the gin wallah.

Gonna get me one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                Spent the day in the CCJ observing the Patrick Quirke trial. Tis some building. Interesting case. Him being found innocent long odds on.
                                How long before the cops arrest yer woman with just about exactly the same amount of evidence as they have they have against him

Her appearance last week is going to make for some great viewing when it makes it to TV, Rosaleen Lenihan from about 30 years ago would have been a perfect bit of casting.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Who just turns up to court case for a gawk of a thursday? Is it busy? Is there a meetup club?

I pass there every day, always see some wigs and some trackies on the way.
                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-02-19, 20:07.

Comment

I missed one! They all blend into one another tbf.

May Day Part the Ridiculous.

In which our hero manages to lose yet another vote that would kick her out of office in any other era. Fucking dumb bitch that she is.

I don't share Hitch's optimism about the WA. She is being held hostage by the ERG and they're determined to crash out Fuhrer-bunker style. Fucking raving maniacs.

Comment

Russian Doll one of the more interesting Netflix drops. Has a David Lynch feel to it, maddening at times but has plenty of depth.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        Russian Doll one of the more interesting Netflix drops. Has a David Lynch feel to it, maddening at times but has plenty of depth.
                                        Saw a couple of episodes, has promise but characters are all annoying in some way or another.
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          SPOILER
                                          Enjoyed it but thought the finale was very dissapointing

Comment

Great reminiscence article on U2's The Kitchen nightclub which opened on Feb. 14 1994 and ran to 2002.

I recall some great nights in there but probably more lacklustre ones. The music was usually good but unless it was rammed it had no atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                              Great reminiscence article on U2's The Kitchen nightclub which opened on Feb. 14 1994 and ran to 2002.

I recall some great nights in there but probably more lacklustre ones. The music was usually good but unless it was rammed it had no atmosphere.
                                              But it was always rammed! I had some amazing nights in there, Sven vath, surgeon and Dave Clarke were probably the best.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Had some epic nights in the Temple Theatre around that era.
                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ian Dunt got himself a good turn of phrase.

It's commonly accepted that there's no majority in the Commons for any given response to Brexit. But today it went a step further. It was inadequacy squared. It is clear now that there is not even a majority for the imaginary things MPs had only recently given a majority to. The whole British political system is imploding in on itself.

It might seem like reasonless chaos, but there is a moral message to what is happening here. You cannot govern on the basis of gibberish. You cannot make gurgled yearnings the basis for your negotiating posture. Because the lack of meaning in those original propositions means that they do not work as functional foundations of policy.

Even for this government, which is quite plainly the worst of our lifetime, it was a despairing spectacle. The prime minister did not even attend the Commons for the result. She sat elsewhere, probably watching on a TV in an office somewhere, her political career departing her physical body.
                                                        The secretary of state sat unmoving in his seat. He is a man no-one had heard of, given arguably the most important ministerial appointment in post-war British history on the basis that he might not have the imagination to resign when he realised what it entailed.

Comment

In Amsterdam for 3 days for work and got tapped up for a job last night. Only downside is that it's in London. Need to somehow leverage it for uplift and stay in Dublin or bite the bullet and move to the UK. Decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                            But it was always rammed! I had some amazing nights in there, Sven vath, surgeon and Dave Clarke were probably the best.
                                                            Ah no... I recall plenty of mid week nights where the bar was virtually empty. The Genius and JDP nights were mostly good alright. I was more a U:Mack than JDP guy though.

There was just something about the venue itself and its (owners) aspirations that never quite made it a comfortable fit for me (coming from a punk/DIY background it did seem a little contrived) but that didn't stop me enjoying myself but it says something that I cannot really remember any specific nights there unlike The Funnel, TBMC, Switch etc...

Clubs really seem to be on their knees now what with venues disappearing and kids looking elsewhere for kicks.

Looking forward the the D1 25th anniversary night though - techno for the middle aged!

Comment

The System was the best club in Dublin.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                Ears would be ringing till Wednesday. First introduction to Red Bull.
                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Everyone will have their favourite and for most clubs their time comes and it goes.

Clubs that were great in the early 90s weren't around in the late 90s when there were a new breed claiming the crown.

Fair to say though that 88-02 was certainly a golden era that's unlikely to be recaptured anytime soon with the mid-late 90s probably the creative peak.

Pity the fool who think the likes of Coppers is a night club (its a late bar with bad, loud music) thought if you look hard it's still possible to find a good night in Dublin.

Here's to chasing that Friday feeling of our youth...

Short techno set from the JDP night in the Kitchen

Comment

Comment

Ah no... I recall plenty of mid week nights where the bar was virtually empty. The Genius and JDP nights were mostly good alright. I was more a U:Mack than JDP guy though.

There was just something about the venue itself and its (owners) aspirations that never quite made it a comfortable fit for me (coming from a punk/DIY background it did seem a little contrived) but that didn't stop me enjoying myself but it says something that I cannot really remember any specific nights there unlike The Funnel, TBMC, Switch etc...

Clubs really seem to be on their knees now what with venues disappearing and kids looking elsewhere for kicks.

Looking forward the the D1 25th anniversary night though - techno for the middle aged!
                                                                      We're losing so much to development. There's places like Tengu and izakaya but nothing that can make up the lost capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        Five hours spent this evening trying to work out how to spend €100,000 in six months to set up a research centre. It's surprisingly difficult in the non hard sciences, where no equipment is really needed. Extra complication is the likely heart operation that will take out the last three of those six months, plus the fact that literally no-one works for the months of July and August in any case.
                                                                        Err... surely you need some expensive IT to run models on

I got a quote in for 50k (ex vat) for a system recently. Sales guy literally said to me on the phone it would take a few days as no one had been stupid enough to order Xeon 8180 before List price over 10k per chip... with 4 of them inside.
                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Feels that way alright with District 8 and Hangar closing. I'm definitely going out to clubs a lot less over the last 12 months but there's still some decent stuff about.

Have had some fun nights in Tengu the last few times i've been in there.

Tyree Cooper in there on the 8th of March will be great.

Also, if you get the chance, pop into Downtown Connection on the 12th of June for 7 hours of DJ Cosmo on an amazing system.

(full disclosure, both of those are promoted by a mate but they'll be great)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            We're losing so much to development. There's places like Tengu and izakaya but nothing that can make up the lost capacity
                                                                            Indeed. It's certainly a convincing argument to me that we're knocking down these cultural spaces to build hotels for tourists who will have fewer things to see and participate in and less interaction with locals.

Seems like bad planning to me. Adding a U2 museum here or there is just a sop.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Also, if you get the chance, pop into Downtown Connection on the 12th of June for 7 hours of DJ Cosmo on an amazing system.
                                                                              Oh... nice one. I've been waiting for her to return and see that I just missed one too (downside of not doing Facebook I suppose).

Loft party high fidelity. Deffo putting that in the calendar. Cheers for heads up.

Comment

Rockin Robin had it all.

Comment

29th of March. Great night planned.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Anyone ever go to the Church in London.

Benny for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                      Anyone ever go to the Church in London.

Benny for sure.
                                                                                      Nope. Not really my scene. Looks like a Coppers for amateur day drinkers

The Final Frontier at Club UK (Friday), Megatripolis @Heaven (Thursday), Eurobeat 2000 at Turnmills (Wednesday) were my London jams in the early-mid 90s.

Was just listening to Sunil Sharpe's mix from the last hour ever at District 8 in the Tivoli Theatre a few weeks ago and he dropped this as the second last tune which I thought was a perfect touch to a crowd of 4am heads (and I thought off you)

Music video by The Traveling Wilburys performing End Of The Line. (C) 2007 T. Wilbury Limited. Exclusively Licensed to Concord Music Group, Inc. #TheTravelin...

Comment

Was that the one on South Anne Street or what was that called?

Wasn't really that into the dance/rave thing so was more of a Sachs man

Comment

Answer questions on how you pronounce certain words, or what words you use for stuff and it's shows you a map for each question about where in Britain/Ireland uses it the most, and then at the end it gives you a heatmap of where most of your dialect comes from.

Good for a friday
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Nope. Not really my scene. Looks like a Coppers for amateur day drinkers

The Final Frontier at Club UK (Friday), Megatripolis @Heaven (Thursday), Eurobeat 2000 at Turnmills (Wednesday) were my London jams in the early-mid 90s.

Was just listening to Sunil Sharpe's mix from the last hour ever at District 8 in the Tivoli Theatre a few weeks ago and he dropped this as the second last tune which I thought was a perfect touch to a crowd of 4am heads (and I thought off you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVjToYOjbM
                                                                                            Mid 90s n the Church. Hot Aussie wimmin -twas heaven. Then onto Walkabouts, then oblivion.
                                                                                            Music was incidental

Comment

The Kitchen was terrible . Even packed it lacked any decent vibe imo

Comment

The Kitchen was terrible . Even packed it lacked any decent vibe imo
                                                                                                Not really your type of music though was it?

Comment

Was McGonagles before the system I think.
                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

a Legg's man I'd say

Comment

Stream System Nightclub Dublin 1995 by mctechie on desktop and mobile. Play over 320 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                        Not really your type of music though was it?
                                                                                                        Yeah needed more Boyzone

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                          Was McGonagles before the system I think.
                                                                                                          Now yer talkin

What a grotty den of iniquity that place was in its day

Used to go there a bit but it would be full of poseurs and D4 types

These guys were great live

Dublin band DC Nein, 1979. They re-recorded Nightclub and released it as their first single in 1980. Later, they changed their name (and musical style) to th...
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That's the one. Was McGonagles once upon a time
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n4vrNvCxUTNUVw

Answer questions on how you pronounce certain words, or what words you use for stuff and it's shows you a map for each question about where in Britain/Ireland uses it the most, and then at the end it gives you a heatmap of where most of your dialect comes from.

Good for a friday
                                                                                                              Very good

Comment

It said i was from either Dublin (Correct) or Drogheda. Offended by that!

Comment

The Asylum, The Olympic, Ormond Multi Media Centre and Sides. Old school memories!

Comment

Yeah needed more Boyzone
                                                                                                                    Actually the opposite of this. When it was relaunched a few years ago it was with former Boyzone member Richie Rock as a resident and unsurprisingly it tanked.

Had the misfortune of attending a party he was at once. Now based in Goa according to Google and sporting dreads. Found his level in psy-trance.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 15-02-19, 23:29.

Comment

It said I was from Killarney

Comment

It said I was from Killarney

Wait, you're not?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          Wait, you're not?
                                                                                                                          He's from Killarney Junior down the road I think.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X