• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do ? €300 Live FO

Hand in Northern Open yesterday.

600/1200/100 level. 9 Handed.

Folded around. MP Limps (40k)

I (CO) make it 3000 with AhKh (120k)

Folded around to BB who flats (75k) - just recently moved to table. No info/history.

Pot - 10,500

Flop - Qh9h7c

BB & MP Check. I check. (opinions ?)

Turn Ad. BB Checks. MP Checks. I make it 5500.

BB Jams !! 72k into 16k Pot. (MP Folds obv)

??

First, I'd make it more pre. Probably 3.5-4.5k

I would b/c flop or b/3b or whatever involved getting it in. If called on the flop I'd check back turn and call a river bet or vb if checked to.

If i checked flop I would check turn also in case what happened happened! Your line looks to me like AK or maybe a QQ that decided to check back top set.

As played I dont know. You need about 43% equity to call I think ,so I keep adding draws and overplayed worse made hands(not many i'd say) to his range in my head until I think I have enough equity to call - and then call like the pathetic station that I am

Comment

Hi,

Preflop I'd bet alot more, about 4300.
      On the flop I'd c'bet 100% of the time.

As played I guess Fold

Comment

I don't have a problem with the size of the raise pre as I presume we will be isolating a lot of weak limps in position so if there is further unwelcome action it is cheaper when we have air.

Comment

ya limper is never folding there, online i make it the full 3x to 3.6k but at a live northern open you can easily make it anywhere between 4-4.5k and get the call, so definatly wanna get as much money in the pot pre with best hand in position.

100% betting the flop there, really dont like checking there as played i puke fold on the turn. you've a big stack against a weak field and are a good player, you should find much better spots to get em in

Comment

Really don't know why were checking flop here? Dreamy spot for a c-bet. As played its a sigh fold. We can get it in much comfier at a later quarrel.
            "true friends stab you in the front"

Comment

I would;
              Bet slightly more pre,
              Always bet the flop,
              Fold now.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                ya limper is never folding there, online i make it the full 3x to 3.6k but at a live northern open you can easily make it anywhere between 4-4.5k and get the call, so definatly wanna get as much money in the pot pre with best hand in position.

100% betting the flop there, really dont like checking there as played i puke fold on the turn. you've a big stack against a weak field and are a good player, you should find much better spots to get em in
                Hey Fergal...hope you're well mate.

Yeah, I normally bet more here pre to be fair. I wanted the limper in as he was playing every hand and I had a bit of previous with him. I fully expect the BB to come along at this
                price but the way the game is playing I'm anticipating a 3B behind.

My thoughts on the flop were 1) C-bet and most likely win the pot there and then or 2) take the free card , under-rep and potentially win a much bigger pot on future streets.

There's a good chance I can get the lot off one of these guys but particularly the limper, the way game was playing. I guess this back fired on me as I wasn't expecting the shove.

What do people think he's repping here with his shove ? (I know the answer and will post)

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                  What do people think he's repping here with his shove ? (I know the answer and will post)
                  I'd say A9, A7 or Q9 and he's protecting his hand from the flush or counterfit. Hate his shove if he has one of these hands as he should only get called if beaten.

Agree with the bet flop, fold turn posts FWIW.

Comment

Well between the sizing pre and the lack of a cbet, your not making it easy to create this big pot your looking for. most hands that are going to give you this action are'nt folding on this flop.

Wouldn't expect the cbet to get through against both of them on that board, so again your losing opportunities to get more money in with the better hand in position and building that pot up for when you do bink your money card. Remember you got positional advantage, so you can always check back turn if you whiff.

Ya there's a lot of 2pair in his range here and maybe 10jhh/99/77.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                      Well between the sizing pre and the lack of a cbet, your not making it easy to create this big pot your looking for. most hands that are going to give you this action are'nt folding on this flop.

Wouldn't expect the cbet to get through against both of them on that board, so again your losing opportunities to get more money in with the better hand in position and building that pot up for when you do bink your money card. Remember you got positional advantage, so you can always check back turn if you whiff.

Ya there's a lot of 2pair in his range here and maybe 10jhh/99/77.

You're right. I'm almost always C-Betting this flop. I played it badly.

He had ATo. Didn't put me on an Ace :-)

I just hated his shove. Shitty spot. WP him

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                        You're right. I'm almost always C-Betting this flop. I played it badly.

He had ATo. Didn't put me on an Ace :-)

I just hated his shove. Shitty spot. WP him
                        ya terrible shove but can and have seen the likes happen, top pair is golden regardless of action in alot of these regional games

Comment

Working...
                        X