flopped monster draw - how to proceed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flopped monster draw - how to proceed.

Blinds 500/1000 50ante, playing 10 handed, mid stages of Celtic Pokers 25k in Monaghan.

hero has 35k, villian is table chippy with 85-90k. I'm only at the table 2 orbits but he has 4 bet with success twice and has won 3 pots with heavy river bets on wet boards. I've played 1 hand were my KK made a 4 flush and nit called a river bet.

Raise to 2100 from villian in MP, folded to BB and sees 7d5d, call

flop 8d jx 6d, Hero checks (anyone favour a donk lead?), villian bets 3200. Hero ????????

SPOILER
    I called, my thinking was the table had been looking soft and I was about to open up on them I didn't want to pot commit myself against the chippy. But I did toil with raising here and a few I've spoken to have said raise is the play, Any thoughts?

10x check / check..... Do I lead this blank ??????

3x ???????????

Fold or raise pre, don't like flatting at all. As played try get it in

Comment

c/c or c/r both fine. If you c/r make it enough to give yourself a pot-sized turn shove ~9k. Sizing is pretty important since c/raising less will get peeled more and leave you in a shitty spot OTT given SPR. More will turn your hand face-up and the time villain peels he will be getting a much better price to call a turn shove reducing our FE.

River is a clear bet, between 2/3pot and pot. I'd expect villain to fold a lot of his range since most of it gave up OTT rather than checked to induce bluffs
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
        Fold or raise pre, don't like flatting at all. As played try get it in
        Don't see much wrong with call pre here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
          Don't see much wrong with call pre here.
          I don't like the call pre at all (i hate raising even more, just fold)

We've 35 bigs, it's not multiway, we're OOP and even though OP flops the world he's still posting looking for advice how to play the hand. Just fold if unsure how to continue when you get the flop you want

Comment

I would have thought fold > raise > call in this spot generally with 35 bigs. You flop the world very rarely and when you do you will prob be tricky to play/get paid.

Comment

Working...
            X