Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€40 deepstack freezeout - 2 hands

Played a €40 freezeout last night with a 16k starting stack

I was up to 24k but i'm back down to 16.5k from losing with 10s v Qs and after chasing a couple of flushdraws with defo stacking ability but i've missed both. I've been a bit aggroo preflop but i don't know if recent hands have seen me as a bit of a calling station. Villian seems tightish and has doubled up with 33 v QQ when he flopped a set.

Blinds are 100/200

Lag limps from EP, i make it 750 with AQs in the cutoff. Villain in BB calls as does Lag.

Flop comes A96 rainbow. Both checked to me and i bet 1800. BB ships from about 35k. LAG folds. What do we like here with 14k behind?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blinds 150/300

I'm sitting on 15k. EP raises to 775 and gets 2 calls. I've 55 in the BB

EP has shown down J8 and AJ when raising preflop. He called off 14k with J8 on a J106 board and was ahead. He's playing about 32k

1 of the callers will almost defo fold, he's just calling with SC style/small pair hands trying to stack the gimps. I don't think he'd call off light here. The other limped has limped and flat called a raise with KK and AQ so maybe trapping.

Again, what do we like here? Setmine or ship and try and pick up the loots?

#1 is a fold for me.
    #2 set mining here has a way higher risk reward ratio.I'd hate to raise get called and be oop without seeing a 5.

Comment

Hand1 pretty horrible spot, I fold given my stack size. It looks like 2 pair or else he thinks he has a read on you and his A10 is good? one of those spots were you can make a good fold and get some respect from the table if he shows 2 pair.

Hand2 looks like a lovely spot to squeeze. I would only squeeze here if I haven't shown any cards down and have been reasonably quiet. IMO setmine here is best as you have alot more hands in you. If you do squeeze do you plan on calling the shove?

Comment

#1 fold
        #2 call

imo

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
          #1 is a fold for me.
          #2 set mining here has a way higher risk reward ratio.I'd hate to raise get called and be oop without seeing a 5.
          Do you mean set-mining is lower risk v reward?

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
          Hand1 pretty horrible spot, I fold given my stack size. It looks like 2 pair or else he thinks he has a read on you and his A10 is good? one of those spots were you can make a good fold and get some respect from the table if he shows 2 pair.

Hand2 looks like a lovely spot to squeeze. I would only squeeze here if I haven't shown any cards down and have been reasonably quiet. IMO setmine here is best as you have alot more hands in you. If you do squeeze do you plan on calling the shove?
          I've no idea what villains shipping range is here tbh. I've seen bad players ship with 1010/JJ/QQ here before but not with stacks that deep. If he has A10/AJ then good luck to him if that's how he wants to play. If it's a set, it's lol. And if it's A6/A9 then cheers for letting me off the hook.

Hand 2 i don't think i can really raise to any other size bar shipping it. I'd probably be aswel raising with a 97/85 type hand here because i'm effectively bluffing if i do it with 55 unless i plan on calling it off pre or else shipping on the flop. I suppose it's just close between shipping and picking up 2800 pre or flatting and trying to spike as it's rare i'm going to bluff anyone off their hand on a raggy flop

Comment

Yes low risk as in 475 investment in to a multiway pot.You've already got the price to hit the set plus huge implied odds.
            Whereas shipping as you said has a huge risk factor without a huge reward for it.You risk 15k to pick up 2775 if successful or you are a huge dog or racing if called.
            I've no problem with these squeezes if in the later stages when the reward of picking up what's in the middle is a larger % of your stack.

Comment

My main point is you lose huge value over the long term by turning implied odds hands into bluffs.

Comment

Yeah i think we have all seen mad check raise bluff shoves before so it's possible. If you have no reads or no idea how wide his range is, I think you have to fold and move on although it's painful. I'm guessing you did fold.

Yeah I agree with sirtoyou, you are getting a good price and there is big implied odds. Given the stacks sizes I think anything other than a flat is bad. You def can afford to miss the flop and play on. Just given the discription of how you were playing I think you are going to get called alot if you ship.

Comment

#1. is a fold for me
                  #2. i probably call looking to set up,

Hi Tony if im right you were playing in the Gold Club. I played this tourney when you were away , it's good value for the stack but gets very crapshooty even before the FT . If it is this game then hand 2 i would nearly consider folding . I jst think your shove gets called (player related obv) .

Comment

Yeah hand 1, i asked him what he was afraid oif when he has A9h. He looked surprised when i said those 2 cards. I said i had AK and that his crazy bet is going to make me fold and he lost huge value. I showed and A and folded, he showed Ah and said he hadn't got a 9 or a 6. He said he had AK aswel and that if i don't call with AK, whay am i going to call with

Was pretty sure the only hand he can have here is A9/A6 but i couldn't make any better judgement without any reads.

Hand 2 i just called and c/f the flop. A similar situation came up 3 times in the same game with similar stacks. Twice i called and folded the flop, and once i raised and got flatted. led out the flop and got flatted again so i c/f the turn. If anyone was paying attention, the hands just made me look like a fish but i still thought that set-mining was best.

Yeah Damo, it was the Gold Club. Going to try and play there a lot more now that i've settled. I've only played 3 times so far, and haven't cashed yet because it's taking me a bit of time to adjust to the players. There is huge value in this deepstacked game but the though of folding for 475 more never even entered my head for a second!

Cheers for the responses lads

Comment

Hand 1 is really confusing to me. I have no idea what the hell he is going crazy on. 96? Maybe he called because he knew the lag player was going to come along and given your image he maybe puts you as just playing position. I really dunno. I'll fold here though.

I don't like jamming the second hand. I def set mine here because I think if you hit it given the amount of players in the pot I reckon you'll be rewarded.

Comment

Hand 1 why would he shove a hand that beats AQ, saying that i would prob fold too with your stack.

Comment

Originally posted by crow View Post
                          Hand 1 why would he shove a hand that beats AQ, saying that i would prob fold too with your stack.
                          Obv Level 1 thinking imo

Comment

hand 1: i kind of want to call, like the there is only 88, 66, A8, A6 we are worried about,

how he played his double up hand would influence my decision heavily,

hand 2: calling is my preferred option, with like 88's+ i'd 3bet/call or jam or something but with 55 i'd see the flop
                            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X