This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caf View Post
    The only tab across the top is 'play money' for me. There's a favourites beside and a search feature beside that tab actually.

Haven't deposited yet, I just want to check out the mtts. Will deposit or get a P2P transfer if I like what I see.

I don't know if you can see this but it's what I'm looking at:
    Have you went into the cashier and created a real money account? Is it possible that you can't see real money because you haven't deposited?

This is what i see

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Have you went into the cashier and created a real money account? Is it possible that you can't see real money because you haven't deposited?

This is what i see
      I haven't even got a cashier to create a real money one! It would be pretty poor on their part not to let people see the real money games until they deposit, I doubt that's it.

I can only see a tiny portion of what you can!

Hopefully support will sort it out but they are taking their time getting back to me.

When I click 'My Account', a window comes up to update personal info, I've updated it and it's still the only thing I get.

Comment

I haven't even got a cashier to create a real money one! It would be pretty poor on their part not to let people see the real money games until they deposit, I doubt that's it.

I can only see a tiny portion of what you can!

Hopefully support will sort it out but they are taking their time getting back to me.

When I click 'My Account', a window comes up to update personal info, I've updated it and it's still the only thing I get.
        Seems strange. This is what i see when i click 'My Account' You not getting any of it? I hadn't logged into party in ages so it did an update as soon as i logged in. Might have a little spin on it over the next few days

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Seems strange. This is what i see when i click 'My Account' You not getting any of it? I hadn't logged into party in ages so it did an update as soon as i logged in. Might have a little spin on it over the next few days
          Literally all I get is a small window popping up looking for personal info. Maybe I don't have it right? What did you put in the ZipCode part?

Comment

Did you download from pokerstars.net instead of pokerstars.com?

Comment

Literally all I get is a small window popping up looking for personal info. Maybe I don't have it right? What did you put in the ZipCode part?
              My account is a few years old. I just checked my profile for my address and there's no zip code because it's Ireland? Have you tried googling somehwere in Derry like Currys or something and using their zip code if you need one? I've done that a couple of times to get past that stage when signing up to certain sites?

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                Party poker you mean? Afaik it was .net where I downloaded from.

Comment

It's PartyPoker

Comment

Party poker you mean? Afaik it was .net where I downloaded from.
                    Sorry, whichever, the .net sites used to be used for marketing and play money only as far as I know. Haven't played for a while.

Comment

Am thinking of doing the same Caf

hopefully some good rebuys in the 10-30 dollar range
                      https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

Sorry, whichever, the .net sites used to be used for marketing and play money only as far as I know. Haven't played for a while.
                        Have downloaded from the right place now(and it seems to be the same software that FD has above) but the account I set up can't be logged into. You think I need to set up another one?

Originally posted by anymorejokes View Post
                        Am thinking of doing the same Caf

hopefully some good rebuys in the 10-30 dollar range
                        I wonder will I ever get to see these mtts!

Edit: I'm sorted, ty all
                        Last edited by Caf; 29-06-11, 15:07.

Comment

Have downloaded from the right place now(and it seems to be the same software that FD has above) but the account I set up can't be logged into. You think I need to set up another one?

I wonder will I ever get to see these mtts!

Edit: I'm sorted, ty all
                          are you getting rakeback on there?
                          do they allow american players?

just looking there and i could get HEM free by signing up with party though the HEM website
                          Last edited by Angry-Ball; 29-06-11, 21:51.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post

just looking there and i could get HEM free by signing up with party though the HEM website
                            Haven't thought about rakeback. Just wanted a look at the mtts.

Not sure if they allow Americans, but don't think they were involved in Black Friday.

Comment

They don't allow American players. Got an email from them for a $200 bonus and entry into a €100k freeroll just there. Moving quickly to capitalise on full tilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post

Rakeback is available there but ive no idea how you would go about it as its under the counter ive just heard a few ipoker regs talk about it.
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                  Rakeback is available there but ive no idea how you would go about it as its under the counter ive just heard a few ipoker regs talk about it.
                                  The email I got earlier included this...

Have you been a VIP at another site? Just email proof to vip@palladiumlounge.com and earn 1,000 points within 15 days and we'll upgrade your account to VIP status! You'll enjoy a host of special benefits, including up to 50% rakeback.

Comment

well any anyone tell me what poker software three kings poker were on before they moved to entracton and are there any sites using the orginal three kings software???
                                    https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Hand History Software?

Hello

Anyone come across any software that imports your hand-history and evaluates it and gives recommendations?

Twitter @theroyalraiser

Comment

Holdem Manager

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                          Hi Newbie2,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't make it too clear. I know HM is great during play but what I was looking for was something along the lines of.......

A software program that will import hand history from your drive for the last pre-determined amount of time, say for the last 3 months, and give analysis as to whether your play is too passive, your entering too many pots, or basically any software that acts like a virtual coach?

Anyone?

Twitter @theroyalraiser

Comment

Originally posted by royalraiser85 View Post
                                            Hi Newbie2,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't make it too clear. I know HM is great during play but what I was looking for was something along the lines of.......

A software program that will import hand history from your drive for the last pre-determined amount of time, say for the last 3 months, and give analysis as to whether your play is too passive, your entering too many pots, or basically any software that acts like a virtual coach?

Anyone?
                                            Read a little the info is out there you just basically have to translate your stats. Post them up here and people will tell you what your doing wrong.
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

It contains 'leak buster' which

...analyzes all of your existing stats, and instantly lets you know where your biggest leaks are...

Comment

does this work for MTT's SNGMTT's??

Comment

That sounds like what I'm looking for. I'll look into that.

Twitter @theroyalraiser

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                    does this work for MTT's SNGMTT's??
                                                    Dunno - haven't tried it.

Comment

Hi all,

First post from a long term lurker, ive been in serious admiration of this site and its posters for quite some time. to shano88, pretty sure thats right, apologies for half stealing your username, use it on boards and elsewhere and im quite fond of it (my name plus my beloved football teams bday; how could i go wrong). I'm pretty sure i was sitting next to you in fitzpatricks not so long ago and u busted me with aj>ak so that makes it a tad easier. only cop'd it when u said u were from newport that night and i was trolling the next day . Anyway, I would consider myself to be of a reasonable standard although a little tilty and lazy. I have looked back over 2011 and i am marginally above brake-even playing live and onine. I play live roughly once a week in the club and i am happy enough with how i am managing in that capacity, online is a different ballgame altogether. It is something that i really want to try and address. At the moment my online play has no structure whatsoever; i curently only play on ppp because i dont wont to be messing around with my c.card and it is v.easy to deposit/withdraw. however this is never done with any structure, i generally just lodge 20-50 euro or whatever and try to spin it up playing tournys or sngs. I am basiclly looking for some advice as to what the best approach would be to online poker in relation to BM skills and disciplne. I am thinking of making a significant lodgment (for me) into my acc and taking it from there; 300 e or something long those lines and having a proper go at it. My main issue is that I am a little bit of agambler at heart and the idea of rolling myself and playing 10nl just seems a tad boring, i know that probobaly sounds both ridiculous and obnoxious but im not quite sure i would have the discpline for it when i am used to playing 1/2 live regularly enough. Also I am tecnologically inept so i can only minimize the screens and play 2-3 screens comfortably. Basically i am wondering if anyone has any adivce re. rolling yourself for sngs or mtts. As in if bellive I am well capable where should i be pitching this; $10 sngs + $5 mtts? i dunno, or should i just play 10nl and if i cant grind get of the pot and embrace recrational play? im thinking about starting a log of some kind in the non-to distant future as I think it would be the best way to instill some disipline into myslef.

If anyone replys to me I am the ultimalte computer rtard and have no idea how to thank/quote etc so I am not being rude.

Comment

Stealing blinds and antes!

Looking for some advice on stealing blinds and antes, especially as the MTT gets close to the bubble stage. I think I'm a little to weak here and end up being exploited.

Anyone?

Twitter @theroyalraiser

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                          Hi all,

First post from a long term lurker, ive been in serious admiration of this site and its posters for quite some time. to shano88, pretty sure thats right, apologies for half stealing your username, use it on boards and elsewhere and im quite fond of it (my name plus my beloved football teams bday; how could i go wrong). I'm pretty sure i was sitting next to you in fitzpatricks not so long ago and u busted me with aj>ak so that makes it a tad easier. only cop'd it when u said u were from newport that night and i was trolling the next day . Anyway, I would consider myself to be of a reasonable standard although a little tilty and lazy. I have looked back over 2011 and i am marginally above brake-even playing live and onine. I play live roughly once a week in the club and i am happy enough with how i am managing in that capacity, online is a different ballgame altogether. It is something that i really want to try and address. At the moment my online play has no structure whatsoever; i curently only play on ppp because i dont wont to be messing around with my c.card and it is v.easy to deposit/withdraw. however this is never done with any structure, i generally just lodge 20-50 euro or whatever and try to spin it up playing tournys or sngs. I am basiclly looking for some advice as to what the best approach would be to online poker in relation to BM skills and disciplne. I am thinking of making a significant lodgment (for me) into my acc and taking it from there; 300 e or something long those lines and having a proper go at it. My main issue is that I am a little bit of agambler at heart and the idea of rolling myself and playing 10nl just seems a tad boring, i know that probobaly sounds both ridiculous and obnoxious but im not quite sure i would have the discpline for it when i am used to playing 1/2 live regularly enough. Also I am tecnologically inept so i can only minimize the screens and play 2-3 screens comfortably. Basically i am wondering if anyone has any adivce re. rolling yourself for sngs or mtts. As in if bellive I am well capable where should i be pitching this; $10 sngs + $5 mtts? i dunno, or should i just play 10nl and if i cant grind get of the pot and embrace recrational play? im thinking about starting a log of some kind in the non-to distant future as I think it would be the best way to instill some disipline into myslef.

If anyone replys to me I am the ultimalte computer rtard and have no idea how to thank/quote etc so I am not being rude.
                                                          That's a big post. 100x buy-ins at whatever you want to play is a good starting point but if you're a recreational player then you don''t need that many since you can reload and don't have to worry as much about going broke. Always a good idea to start at the lowest stakes and work your way. 300 is more than enough to do that.

As for game type, play whatever suits you, whatever you like to play.

Starting a log is a good idea, you'll probably get some decent advice if you do.

Originally posted by royalraiser85 View Post
                                                          Looking for some advice on stealing blinds and antes, especially as the MTT gets close to the bubble stage. I think I'm a little to weak here and end up being exploited.

Anyone?
                                                          Post the spots you are being exploited in the theory forum and people will try to help you. Very hard for people to give you advice without seeing what you're doing wrong.

Comment

Cheers Caf, was after lots of the demon red wine so I fairly rambled on! am def gona start a log once I have the time to commit to playing enough and to getting to grips with some basic software.

Comment

Post the spots you are being exploited in the theory forum and people will try to help you. Very hard for people to give you advice without seeing what you're doing wrong.
                                                              Will do Caf!

Twitter @theroyalraiser

Comment

We have a Zuroph/zuutroy situation on our hands
                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                  Hi all,

if you want to quote a post just hit the quote button on the particular post you want to quote, the thanks button is simple, just thank the post you like ( you can start by thanking mine )

welcome to the nut house
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                    if you want to quote a post just hit the quote button on the particular post you want to quote, the thanks button is simple, just thank the post you like ( you can start by thanking mine )

welcome to the nut house
                                                                    Aha tis easy! cheers Michelle.

Comment

welcome to the nut house
                                                                      thanks michelle

Comment

Hello, ive been playing poker for a year r so. i really want to start trying to make it into a job any advise on where to start, thankd

Comment

1. play games u are winning at..
                                                                          2. BR management

Comment

what wud be a good bankroll to start with. I'm thinking about a 1000

Comment

I'm no expert but would need to know a bit more ..

Are you going to play for the social aspect and try and win a few $$$ in which case treat it as a night out and enjoy urself without the constraints of BR management but only play with an amount you can afford to lose..if you have 1,000 $ £or € then i personally only would play mtts up to 30 and cash to 20 per game so that losing a buy in doesnt hurt.

If i was going down the build a BR stage i would even lower that again to 20 per mtt and 10 per buy in for cash and play a few hundred mtts or a few thousand cash hands and reasess where i am at after that and either move up levels then and move down again if i start losing or just withdraw winnings and continue on same level

are you playing atm or have played before and are you a winning or losing player..if you are a losing player wanting to improve then get some tracking software and analyse your hands/games next day and see if there things which you can improve , if you are a winning player then concentrate on game which are most profitable for urself before making inroads to higher stakes

1,000 is plenty to work with as long as you dont over extend and stay disciplined

I am sure others here will express thgts better than me and will also look forward to their suggestions myself

GL

Comment

Didn't know where to post this. If i get a sharkscope subscription will I be able see full details of pokerstar players? I'm assuming the majority of fish havent opted in or whatever so can I see their data once I have an account. (you can't without one using free searches)

I had an account before and this wasn't the case, the free sites are getting laggier everyday...

Comment

Originally posted by nuxxx View Post
                                                                                  Didn't know where to post this. If i get a sharkscope subscription will I be able see full details of pokerstar players? I'm assuming the majority of fish havent opted in or whatever so can I see their data once I have an account. (you can't without one using free searches)

I had an account before and this wasn't the case, the free sites are getting laggier everyday...
                                                                                  Yep

Comment

Raises and re-raises

Lets say bkinds are 100-200 and someone raises to 600 what is the lowest amount you can re- raise?
                                                                                    Does it have to be double or is it half again so 900 ?

Comment

Originally posted by curehead View Post
                                                                                      Lets say bkinds are 100-200 and someone raises to 600 what is the lowest amount you can re- raise?
                                                                                      In Irish casinos it's generally 1200.
                                                                                      On most online poker sites, and afaik in Vegas also, it's 1000.

Comment

The old school way that some tournaments still use is that the raise must be double the last raise i.e 1200, but almost every tournament nowadays and mostly online uses the rule that the raise must be double the last raise, so he can now minraise to 1000

Comment

Cheers Armani do you know why this is or what's is the reason for live/ online Irish/American differences.

Comment

Cheers Armani do you know why this is or what's is the reason for live/ online Irish/American differences.
                                                                                            just the way tournament rules evolve in different locations. As online tends to use double the raise (and tournaments are following suit) it will tend to become more popular and start to make appearances in casinos, where double the bet tends to be held on to out of convenience for players and dealers.
                                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

In a Cash game, if someone bets the river and i call and they then muck their hand because they were bluffing or whatever, do i have to reveal my hand to claim the pot or can i claim the pot without showing as i am the only one left with a live hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Dahman View Post
                                                                                                In a Cash game, if someone bets the river and i call and they then muck their hand because they were bluffing or whatever, do i have to reveal my hand to claim the pot or can i claim the pot without showing as i am the only one left with a live hand?
                                                                                                Depends on the rule of the club you are playing in. In most, you dont have to show.

Comment

Can anyone direct me to where I can find good articles about Turbo MTT strategy? IMO it varies quite a huge amount to NON-Turbo MTT's

Comment

Hi,

1st post here. Just wondering where would be the best place to go play a tourney tonight in Dublin? Less than €60 buy in.

I've only ever played live once before so would like to try it again. I don't like cash so has to be tourneys. I can't really find anything in the live tournament section of this site, does that mean there's nothing on?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GaryT View Post
                                                                                                      Hi,

1st post here. Just wondering where would be the best place to go play a tourney tonight in Dublin? Less than €60 buy in.

I've only ever played live once before so would like to try it again. I don't like cash so has to be tourneys. I can't really find anything in the live tournament section of this site, does that mean there's nothing on?

Thanks
                                                                                                      the fitzwillaim casino have a 25 euro game on tonight. check their website. Be good for someone starting off.
                                                                                                      Last edited by anymorejokes; 03-12-11, 18:01.
                                                                                                      https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

Hi,

Thanks
                                                                                                        There is a scheduele in the livre poker section, but I guess you didnt spot it. Click the link below.

Comment

Thanks guys. Hadn't seen that thread so thanks. Will be heading to the Fitz later

Comment

Thanks guys. Hadn't seen that thread so thanks. Will be heading to the Fitz later
                                                                                                            Would be interesting if you put up a TR from a newbies point of view.

Welcome to the forum anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                              Would be interesting if you put up a TR from a newbies point of view.

Welcome to the forum anyway.

I feel like a real newbie now that I don't know what TR means

Comment

I feel like a real newbie now that I don't know what TR means
                                                                                                                Trip report
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                                  There is a scheduele in the livre poker section, but I guess you didnt spot it. Click the link below.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...read.php?t=337
                                                                                                                  In fairness Connie this is woefully out of date...

Best place to find this info is the Facebook page of the club in question or the websites of some.

Comment

Trip report
                                                                                                                    Oh I get you.

Well it was fairly eventful. Drove into town then remembered I don't know my way around town at all. So ended up driving randomly around for a while. At this stage I was already late so I was somewhere around the back of Stephens Green. I had some idea of where to go when walking so decided to leave my car there.

Around half an hour later and absolutely freezing I get there around 10 hands before late reg finishes. In my 1st hand I end up with trip As after the flop. I think I win nearly every hand before the break after a great run of cards.

I then get moved to a table which everybody seems to have bigger stacks at. I end up in between the 2 biggest. I now start having the worst run of cards I've ever had. Over around an hour and a half I didn't win a pot or even see a flop. The best hand i had during this time was Q 6 off suit.

I eventually get 10 10 and double up over K Q.

Not long after this we go to the final table. I'm still one of the short stacks. I get bluffed out of a fairly big pot that I was ahead in.

I get lucky and double up again. Can't remember the exact hand details here.

I'm now 3rd biggest stack with quite a big gap to the people behind and I'm BB. Theres 7 people left. The person to my right has just been crippled down to around 3BBs. He shoves all in. I have 33 so decide I might as well call even though it's 1/4 of my stack. He had also lost a big pot hand before so I thought he'd shove anything.

This is where I made a big mistake. I called thinking it was just him left in the pot. But the player two positions to my left had called already. I couldn't see him or his cards from where I was so presumed he folded. After i call he shoves. He has me covered chip wise but I feel I'm pot committed so call. He turns over AA and bust in 5th.

Not my brightest moment!

Comment

I am looking for a good rakeback deal for PLO50 on a reputable site.

Comment

I have heard I can get 60% rakeback on William Hill through a third party affiliate. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Comment

right don't know if this right place or not I play on pokerstars and i see there after banning some poker software.
                                                                                                                          I play a good bit small levels but never use software and its like a mine field basically just playing the cards .which software is the best ? is there ones with one off payment that fairly good to say if a players a rock or if hes playing loose etc? and will it be legal on pokerstars etc sorry if its the wrong place .
                                                                                                                          Any help be great cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X