Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Hitch is suggesting that the UK will both leave and remain at the same time. This, is, of course completely politically impossible from a UK domestic standpoint. So I'd like to see how that little circle gets squared.
    Just another version of 'the EU will cave' I guess. That or underestimating how much some tories actually want a hard brexit. Unless they can convince enough labour types to vote for any deal it is doomed.

Comment

I think a Brexit deal *will* be done, and it will be one that the rabid Brexiteers fear most, a BRINO (Brexit In Name Only) arrangement. Having no say in the EU, but following almost all of the rules. Pushed through at the very last minute (though already agreed on right now) with May or whomever saying 'it's this or total armageddon for the UK, we must accept'. Relying on Labour support if necessary.

All of this is just window dressing until the crunch moment IMHO, keeping the mad idiots somewhat in check for another few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        One of my main customers is a bit of a fruitcake. Into all sorts of pseudo bullshit, numbers have deep meanings etc, auras, energies etc, all that nonsense.

Anyway she's trying to push homeopathy on me, sending me a number for her 'homeopath' (put in parenthesis because it's a bullshit made up term just like the bullshit peddled), giving me 'remedy pills', basically sugar with made up Latin names.

Apparently masenium or whatever the fuck it was called will 'promote healing' and stitch my calf muscle together.

I can't laugh at her and tell her to fuck off, she gives me too much business.

She's gonna keep asking me did I contact her looney.

Advice please.
        Pics or GTFOYL.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
          I think a Brexit deal *will* be done, and it will be one that the rabid Brexiteers fear most, a BRINO (Brexit In Name Only) arrangement. Having no say in the EU, but following almost all of the rules. Pushed through at the very last minute (though already agreed on right now) with May or whomever saying 'it's this or total armageddon for the UK, we must accept'. Relying on Labour support if necessary.

All of this is just window dressing until the crunch moment IMHO, keeping the mad idiots somewhat in check for another few months.
          Ask yourself this:

what do Labour want?

and then reponder the above.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If anyone else is like me and wanted some more detail on those steps:

Comment

Ask yourself this:

what do Labour want?

and then reponder the above.
              Labour are scarcely any more monolithic than the Tories. Corbyn wants to leave, his subordinates vary across the spectrum from hard exit to as close to status quo as possible to remain.

Would the likes of Keir Starmer sit on his hands while they went off the cliff? I think if push comes to shove there will be as many in Labour who will vote to stop the madness as there will be on the Tory side who want to crack open skulls and feast on the goo inside.

Comment

Oh man, so jealous - you are gonna have an amazing time. Would love to hit up a Mexican all-inclusive once a year for a week, would really recharge the batteries. Mimosas for breakfast... It's relatively easy not to eat too much, if you are not naturally a glutton you'll be fine. Drink, well that's a different story entirely and you'd feel like you wasted $$$ not to get a decent number of drinks in per day

Comment

One of my main customers is a bit of a fruitcake. Into all sorts of pseudo bullshit, numbers have deep meanings etc, auras, energies etc, all that nonsense.

Anyway she's trying to push homeopathy on me, sending me a number for her 'homeopath' (put in parenthesis because it's a bullshit made up term just like the bullshit peddled), giving me 'remedy pills', basically sugar with made up Latin names.

Apparently masenium or whatever the fuck it was called will 'promote healing' and stitch my calf muscle together.

Advice please.
                  Looney excuse is needed Obv.
                  My crystal therapist told me that my birthstone and homeopathic remedies have conflicting auras and will disrupt my spiritual energy needed to heal.
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Advice please.
                    I guess if it's worth that much you should go, it's no biggie and could be beneficial financially long term.
                    I don't know if you have health insurance with work but there's a few questionable treatments that you can claim some money back on too so probably worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      Labour are scarcely any more monolithic than the Tories. Corbyn wants to leave, his subordinates vary across the spectrum from hard exit to as close to status quo as possible to remain.

Would the likes of Keir Starmer sit on his hands while they went off the cliff? I think if push comes to shove there will be as many in Labour who will vote to stop the madness as there will be on the Tory side who want to crack open skulls and feast on the goo inside.
                      The question was this:

what do Labour want?

Comment

I assume he means that they want an election above all else. I'm not sure quite why as they are in bits as much as the tories in many ways. The leadership don't mind brexit but if it fucks with the. tories are open to it not happening too. Most Labour mps don't want brexit but are too shit scared about losing their own seat to rock the boat.

Comment

The question was this:

what do Labour want?
                          I don't think there's an answer to that question any more than there is to 'what do the Tories want'?

I mean, maybe you are getting at 'they want to get into power' but as I tried to suggest in my last post I think there are loads of MPs that will vote to avoid the cliff rather than tumble over in the hope they will land on top of the broken wreckage below.

Comment

MAM S02

SPOILER
                            Nirider was brutal at the en banc hearing, floundering while the states attorney nailed every issue or question thrown at him. She really let Brendan down considering it was a 4 to 3 split in the end. Looked like a complete, overly academic, armature. KZ practically says as much when suggesting how it should have been handled.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I don't think there's an answer to that question any more than there is to 'what do the Tories want'?

I mean, maybe you are getting at 'they want to get into power' but as I tried to suggest in my last post I think there are loads of MPs that will vote to avoid the cliff rather than tumble over in the hope they will land on top of the broken wreckage below.
                              So you don't know what they want but you do think enough sensible Labourites will defy the whip and coalesce with enough sensible Tories to vote through a BRINO deal (that none of the voters want)?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                It definitely sucks when people go into a relationship or have a child and then they are essentially dead. I have more friends now than I ever did even with rarely drinking now, so I guess it depends on what you like to do.

Kinda want to buy a house personally but dunno where I want to live so have to keep at paying too much rent and saving with no real purpose.
                                My friend did the splitting mortgage thing which seems like a great idea. Is it still a case that people can't get mortgages from other countries btw?
                                I have never been so socially busy in my life, and we have 3 kids! The diet doesn't fare to well due to an active social life, but we don't let having kids ruin our fun!

Advice please.
                                My old GP back in Scotland, who was highly respected also talked about homeopathy. One I use is Arnica and I rate that pretty well.

And at the end of the day, what have you got to lose trying the stuff she mentioned? (never heard of it myself)

Comment

So you don't know what they want...
                                  No no. I said that 'they' don't all want any one thing so the question is a bit stupid.

I'm quite confident many of them want to maintain a position as close to status quo as possible and rightly consider a no deal the worst possible outcome.

...but you do think enough sensible Labourites will defy the whip and coalesce with enough sensible Tories to vote through a BRINO deal (that none of the voters want)?
                                  I think it's well within the bounds of possibility that May will have most of the Tories on board and that enough Labour MPs will vote along with them if the alternative is a crash out.

I don't think the idea of MPs defying the whip in Westminster is particularly outlandish

This is from yesterday:

20 rebel Labour MPs defy whip to vote against Tory tax cuts

Comment

WSOP-E Main Event final table underway now, with Fintan Gavin as the co-commentator: https://www.twitch.tv/pokerroomkings

Comment

No no. I said that 'they' don't all want any one thing so the question is a bit stupid.

I'm quite confident many of them want to maintain a position as close to status quo as possible and rightly consider a no deal the worst possible outcome.
                                      Status quo is Remain. That isn't happening. So the question is what kind of compromise Brexit could May get through the Commons - for the Tories it must respect her red lines and for Labour it must respect all the protections currently enjoyed within the EU. So, again, how do you square that circle (outside the realms of wishful thinking)?

Everyone knows No Deal is the worst possible option so you're just stating the obvious there.

Comment

Rich boy Barrett on ivan yates at the moment saying that Peter Casey shouldn't be given airtime on the late late tonight. The irony of the leader of a 1% party saying a 23% guy shouldn't get airtime

Comment

Status quo is Remain. That isn't happening. So the question is what kind of compromise Brexit could May get through the Commons - for some members of the Tories it must respect her red lines and for some members of Labour it must respect all the protections currently enjoyed within the EU. So, again, how do you square that circle (outside the realms of wishful thinking)?

Everyone knows No Deal is the worst possible option so you're just stating the obvious there.
                                          Don't you think my additions in bold might become important should it get down to a last minute vote 'this deal or Armageddon'? No deal will require ALL Conservatives MPs or ALL Labour MPs, and in unprecedented times I don't think party whips will be obeyed. They barely are at present.

Comment

I think it's well within the bounds of possibility that May will have most of the Tories on board and that enough Labour MPs will vote along with them if the alternative is a crash out.

I don't think the idea of MPs defying the whip in Westminster is particularly outlandish

This is from yesterday:

20 rebel Labour MPs defy whip to vote against Tory tax cuts
                                            They have the concept of whip, two line whip and three line whip in the Commons. Presumably last night was the mildest and no-one was too bothered that they defied it. From memory this level is only a reminder of what the party policy is and that this should guide their vote.
                                            2 line and especially 3 line is where it gets serious ('release the photos of you and the rentboy' serious), and you are less likely to get casual defiers in this case.
                                            Brexit vote will almost certainly be level 2 or 3.

Comment

Don't you think my additions in bold might become important should it get down to a last minute vote 'this deal or Armageddon'? No deal will require ALL Conservatives MPs or ALL Labour MPs, and in unprecedented times I don't think party whips will be obeyed. They barely are at present.
                                              So, I'll ask you the same question I asked Hitch. Which menu option in the below will they be voting for?

This is the most important vote in UK history for over 4 decades btw. Whips matter.

Comment

I think 'independent trade policy' and 'regulator autonomy' will fall by the wayside for sure - 'this is the best deal possible, a great deal for the UK and the only option open to us - the EU has conceded a lot' will be the message at the last moment, even as red lines are discarded left, right and centre!

Comment

Lazare covering his arse in case he is caught in the Homeopathic clinic (is this a place?) . I saw him coming out of the local chuch last Sunday Morning before his Marathon. I swore I’d say nothing but this Homeopathic thing has done it for me.

Comment

I think 'independent trade policy' and 'regulator autonomy' will fall by the wayside for sure - 'this is the best deal possible, a great deal for the UK and the only option open to us - the EU has conceded a lot' will be the message at the last moment, even as red lines are discarded left, right and centre!
                                                    So....which option does that correspond to?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                      Lazare covering his arse in case he is caught in the Homeopathic clinic (is this a place?) . I saw him coming out of the local chuch last Sunday Morning before his Marathon. I swore I’d say nothing but this Homeopathic thing has done it for me.
                                                      Was thinking like its a cover myself, as if he isnt the slightest bit curious. He will be back into the local parish priest soon enough organising a place in Scoil Mhuire for the daughter no doubt. And who would blame him.

Comment

...Took/Failed the FISD certificate exam...Got 72.6% but needed 75%, raging...#BBV in use...

Comment

Funny how the general public are getting so excited by that Tweet about the standard kilogram when every science and engineering student will tell you that the lecture on units and standards is among the single most dull and boring that they've ever taken.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            Rich boy Barrett on ivan yates at the moment saying that Peter Casey shouldn't be given airtime on the late late tonight. The irony of the leader of a 1% party saying a 23% guy shouldn't get airtime
                                                            Hope he goes full retard on the travellers tonight after John Connors was on a few weeks ago calling the Gardai scum

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Going to be booking something along this in the next couple of days
                                                              I'll be heading to Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania tomorrow or Sunday and maybe on to Kampala after that, could be in and out of there for a few weeks, give us a shout if you are around
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Both sides have painted themselves into a corner on the NI backstop. Who do you think caves there? If the UK, no way a vote goes through without the tories tearing themselves apart (not a bad thing), it would also trigger a general election. If the EU then it'll have to be with Ireland's agreement or we can vote any deal down or else FG will come out of it all looking terribly.

Comment

Remind me not to bet on horses again. Stupid 'sport'.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                        Hope he goes full retard on the travellers tonight after John Connors was on a few weeks ago calling the Gardai scum
                                                                        Andy Lee the boxer who is a Traveller is on tonight too, stick em on the same couch imo

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              Andy Lee the boxer who is a Traveller is on tonight too, stick em on the same couch imo
                                                                              Ah he'll be quiet so. I suppose they had to 'balance' it

Comment

Slightly awkward moment in work earlier

Rather good looking Brazilian girl who works for me came into me to ask about holidays. She had a few days booked off but wanted to cancel them as she now only needed a half day for a driver theory test. She then asked if she needed to use her holidays for an exam. I'm thinking she means her driving test and say ' The Driving Exam?' to which she replies, 'No, I need to go to the doctor for an exam on my breasts' As she is saying this, she has her hands cupped over her breasts and gesturing with them as if to highlight that A) she has breasts (there is no need to highlight them, they carry that task out perfectly fine on their own) and B) that the test concerns the breasts.

I'm pretty sure I went a bright shade of red as I blurted out that she needs to book time off...

Oh and no, sorry, no pics!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  Remind me not to bet on horses again. Stupid 'sport'.
                                                                                  Insert Bricktop quote here 》》》》》

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    Summary of the day: Raoul with a million mystery questions but zero answers.
                                                                                    Au contraire mon ami!

I feel I have performed a valuable public service today. The gap between the red lines on both sides remains as wide as ever. Elucidating that to the rabble in the form of interrogation is useful.

Comment

Yeah they will. Enough Labour will support it 'in the national interest'
                                                                                      What do you think will be the outcome of the 2 mutually exclusive positions on the NI backstop? Who caves there?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                        I guess if it's worth that much you should go, it's no biggie and could be beneficial financially long term.
                                                                                        I don't know if you have health insurance with work but there's a few questionable treatments that you can claim some money back on too so probably worth it.
                                                                                        Cheers, but I shan't be doing this.

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

My old GP back in Scotland, who was highly respected also talked about homeopathy. One I use is Arnica and I rate that pretty well.

And at the end of the day, what have you got to lose trying the stuff she mentioned? (never heard of it myself)
                                                                                        It's pseudoscientific nonsense.

It's also dangerous nonsense. The person I'm talking about brings her children to homeopaths instead of doctors. Thousands of people shun real treatment for it.

I did 'try' it, as I felt it too socially awkward to say no. Some ridiculous little sugar balls.

All of homeopathy's remedies and potions have been thoroughly debunked by science. You might rate it but whatever you feel it's doing for you is placebo.

Also, any GP pushing it should be immediately struck off.
                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                          the stuff she mentioned? (never heard of it myself)
                                                                                          Oh, I made that name up. Just like homeopathy funny enough.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                            We were looking at mortgages recently and were advised to take out a loan to show we could repay it as i have no debt history bar an overdraft when i was in college and the misses repaid a loan about 8 years ago and nothing since.

Savings does nothing for your credit rating apparently
                                                                                            This isn’t true, all you need to do is set up a direct debit for savings for that amount and show it’s never touched and it will have the exact same effect.

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                            I'm 3.5 years into Mortgage. If i had went 5 year fixed (Which i was advised by a few) I'd be quite significantly out of pocket. Ended up doing 3 (Still the wrong decision) and now on SVR at the moment(AIB) and not coming off it for foreseeable.

Still lost out fixing for 3.

GL2M why you recommend fixing for 5?

It's a strange game. read this yesterday https://www.independent.ie/business/...-37477298.html

Does this hold any water?
                                                                                            Fixing for 5 as I believe rates will get higher in 2-3 years and I’ll be glad of it at the time. I also split the mortgage into the amount I could possibly repay (extra) in 5 years and fixing the amount I knew I could refinance on my without Goodluck2her so it would take the pressure of us.

The bank we're talking to are AIB and I'm also planning to go with a SVR, no interest in fixed. Don't think ECB rates are going up anytime soon (we're around the corner from a recession IMHO) and for me there's more likelihood SVR will go down then up in the medium term in Ireland, our margins are still very high!
                                                                                            Agreed on the margins, but I’m not sure they get dramatically lower, but you could easily have an inflation shock that puts them higher and given I can well afford it today I’m happy to give up that likelihood as an opportunity cost.

Comment

Cheers, but I shan't be doing this.

It's pseudoscientific nonsense.

It's also dangerous nonsense. The person I'm talking about brings her children to homeopaths instead of doctors. Thousands of people shun real treatment for it.

I did 'try' it, as I felt it too socially awkward to say no. Some ridiculous little sugar balls.

All of homeopathy's remedies and potions have been thoroughly debunked by science. You might rate it but whatever you feel it's doing for you is placebo.

Also, any GP pushing it should be immediately struck off
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              Wouldn’t be a believer myself but to say it’s all been debunked is (pedantically) not true as its hard/impossible to prove a negative. Some of it will work, as there is often a little truth in it. Chinese medicine on the other hand is much more effective and spawned much of the western medicine today... having said all that I got to the doctor first.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                Slightly awkward moment in work earlier

Rather good looking Brazilian girl who works for me came into me to ask about holidays. She had a few days booked off but wanted to cancel them as she now only needed a half day for a driver theory test. She then asked if she needed to use her holidays for an exam. I'm thinking she means her driving test and say ' The Driving Exam?' to which she replies, 'No, I need to go to the doctor for an exam on my breasts' As she is saying this, she has her hands cupped over her breasts and gesturing with them as if to highlight that A) she has breasts (there is no need to highlight them, they carry that task out perfectly fine on their own) and B) that the test concerns the breasts.

I'm pretty sure I went a bright shade of red as I blurted out that she needs to book time off...

Oh and no, sorry, no pics!
                                                                                                No chance she was willing to bone for time off?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                  Wouldn’t be a believer myself but to say it’s all been debunked is (pedantically) not true as its hard/impossible to prove a negative. Some of it will work, as there is often a little truth in it. Chinese medicine on the other hand is much more effective and spawned much of the western medicine today... having said all that I got to the doctor first.
                                                                                                  None of it works beyond placebo Joe.

Chinese medicine is not comparable.

Comment

Homeopathy is only a step away from angel healing. You should try that Conor, it'd probably help.

Comment

Why does so much plastic packaging on food stuffs have to be so bloody rattly? Why aren't quiet sweet wrappers or crisp packets a thing? On the flight home the other day and a few people nearly got toasted sandwiches. Aer Lingus seems to serve them in the rattliest possibly packaging, which would be irritating enough on a normal day, but when we have a child we desperately want to stay asleep, even more so.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                          Wouldn’t be a believer myself but to say it’s all been debunked is (pedantically) not true as its hard/impossible to prove a negative. Some of it will work, as there is often a little truth in it.
                                                                                                          Here's how little truth there is in it: The dilution recommended by the founder would require giving two billion doses per second to six billion people for 4 billion years to deliver a single molecule of the original material to any patient.

Comment

Drugstore Cowboy just starting on TG4 HD. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Killer film and a great soundtrack w/Matt Dillon and William Burroughs.

Comment

I might be totally wrong but isn't arnica one of the old herbal cures they have latched onto to give themselves a bit of credence!?

Don't know if it works or not pretty sure I've heard of it away from the water medicine lark

Comment

You're getting caught up in minutae here Dom. Some sort of nothing deal will be reached and nothing will really happen much. Eventually Northern Ireland will float off to its natural backward Turkish Cypriotic base it seems to want to become, while the best and brightest will continue to leave there for better lives in Dublin and London.
                                                                                                                In order to believe this you have to have basically zero understanding of what Northern Ireland is like.
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

That looks class. You might share your itinerary when you have it hammered out just out of interest.

We're heading to this place in Mexico next week for two weeks. It will be my first time doing one of these all inclusive resort style holidays so interested to see how I'll find it compared to the tour type trips we have been doing for the last few years. If I avoid putting on two stone it will probably be a win.
                                                                                                                  That's an awesome resort and location. Get yourself down to Tulum if it's an option, and also visit Cenotes. Load up on the anti mozzies potions too
                                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

Andy Lee is such a beautiful human.

Shoulders above McGregor in terms of class yet he's the knacker when he walks down the street.

Comment

I was curious which alternative therapies are covered by health insurance.
                                                                                                                        You can get 12 visits a year to a osteopath, chiropractor, acupuncturist and/or reflexologist.
                                                                                                                        I was friendly with a few guys in chiro college in NZ which I concluded was largely complete wizardry.

I've had a little dry needling in the physio and I found it definitely mimicked an invasive massage but the impact is relatively split from what I've read and I assume research converges with acupuncture to a degree.

I'm sure it's simply a case that the benefit outweighs the cost for an insurer but I was initially surprised treatments which are questionable at best were even covered.

Comment

Andy Lee is such a beautiful human.

Shoulders above McGregor in terms of class yet he's the knacker when he walks down the street.
                                                                                                                          If you're setting the bar for class at 'McGregor' then it's a low bar. Lee is a knacker, an actual knacker. Mcgregor is just a fucking scumbag.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X