• Show
Clear All

Adams has ‘grave concerns’ over arrest of friend Bobby Storey

Grave concerns, I'll bet ya do Gerry

Speaking of graves Gerry...
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      also what would be his "breed" or whatever?
      Mongrel...Mostly Jack Russell
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Jack Russell, spits of my own (slightly different colour). We reckon she has some dachshund in her.
        Last edited by Emmet; 09-09-15, 14:00.

Comment

Wow, congrats Olly - delighted for the both of you!

Comment

mongrel. Jack russell and something else (looks slightly longish so possibly dachsund?)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Doesn't matter, its a game CU's are happy to play.
              Ok cool will def look into this a little further down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                Lol. No I just don't like it.

We had meat, cheese and nuts for brekkie afterwards and declined the toast and the celiac toast which was kindly offered. MrsV reacts very badly to grains, white potato and a number of other things so it was very important to her to have the right foods for her body afterwards. Baby is breastfeeding like a champ so far and all good. The midwives kept asking did she do yoga etc as she was delivering the baby in a very straightforward manner plus her denial of her labour status for so long. Yoga my arse she was squatting and lunging at the gym upto two weeks ago says I.

Sleep time now but I'm buzzing...
                Congrats olly, that's excellent. I thought the gym wouldn't let heavily pregnant women at the weights
                You can give me the heads up before its my turn
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

@ Keane and Careca (and any other GAA minded folk):

Been mulling this over since the weekend: Aidan O'Shea shouldn't get an All Star. Neil McGee wrapped him up until Durcan broke his ribs and Philly McMahon did a number on him for 2 weeks in a row. Clearly not aided by the pathetic ball he was getting but still not deserving of an all star.

FWIW my All stars thus far would be:

Kealy
                  O'Carroll Enright Higgins
                  McCaffrey. Harte. Keegan

Parsons. D. Moran

Connolly. Murphy. D Walsh
                  B Brogan. McManus. Quigley
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Parisse out of the world cup unfortunately. Very sad news, although seeing what a beast he is, we may possibly see him in the 2019 WC.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      Congrats olly, that's excellent. I thought the gym wouldn't let heavily pregnant women at the weights
                      You can give me the heads up before its my turn
                      It's a private gym/studio thst we train at so they don't have those sort of rules. In fairness the weights reduced significantly over the last few months and no overhead stuff or anything which might make her faint etc.

Ive little advice to give. Stay at the head and keep calm.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Been mulling this over since the weekend: Aidan O'Shea shouldn't get an All Star. Neil McGee wrapped him up until Durcan broke his ribs and Philly McMahon did a number on him for 2 weeks in a row. Clearly not aided by the pathetic ball he was getting but still not deserving of an all star.

Kealy
                        McCaffrey. Harte. Keegan

Parsons. D. Moran

I wouldn't put Aidan O'Shea within a mile of an All Star this year personally. Beaten out the gate by McGee before the injury, beaten out the gate by Dublin twice.

Wouldn't put Higgins near an All Star either, destroyed by Paddy Andrews on Saturday and given the run around by him last week as well.

McMahon should be a shoo-in. Half-back line looks good.

Parsons, meh. Would be giving that to Fenton or Maher depending who wins the final/plays better.

Murphy wouldn't get one from me. Scored 0-2 from play in the Ulster Championship, has been converted into an average midfielder over the last few years and little more.

Connolly was terrible on Saturday and only OK the week before and got himself sent off. Could do with a big final.

I would have Diarmuid O'Connor easily in the HF line, think he has been outstanding.

Kilkenny ahead of Connolly for me to date, Kilkenny had two excellent halves against Mayo and good all year. Not really bursting with contenders in that line really.

Brogan and McManus shoo-ins. Quigley, meh. He was shocking against Westmeath, didn't see much more of him than that - maybe he should get it.

Comment

Congrats V, had a sneaky feeling you would miss the Sexton thing!

Presume you will be bestowing some suitably paleolithic name on the little lady?
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Kealy
                            McCaffrey. Harte. Keegan

Parsons. D. Moran

You could be right but he WILL get one imo. Up to last Sat, himself, Connolly, D Moran and possibly D Walsh were the only ones in the running for POTY. Cant see both McManus and Quigley getting one. Possibly McManus because of Ulster win. Murphy would be a doubt also in my mind. They will shuffle things around and move O'Shea to centre forward if needs be but I reckon he will be there.

FWIW. If, and that's a big if, Kerry were to win the AI and Donnacha had a good or very good game, he could have a shout for POTY. 16/1 at the min.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Adams has ‘grave concerns’ over arrest of friend Bobby Storey

Grave concerns, I'll bet ya do Gerry

Speaking of graves Gerry...
                              Why does he have 'grave concerns' if he is certain the IRA wasn't involved?

Let the cops do their job and urge everyone to give them all assistance.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'd honestly be shocked if AOS gets one.

Comment

@Keane/Kayroo

I'll have an even €10 or €20 with either/both of you on O'Shea all star. I say he will get one obv.

And that's Aiden I'm talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Presume you will be bestowing some suitably paleolithic name on the little lady?
                                    Pebbles?

Comment

I'll take a 10er sure. What harm?

Also I think POTY is the most open it has been in years. Will 100% come down to the final and who has the big game. Pretty much think MOTM in the final will be POTY.

Would have Brogan, Walsh, Moran and Kilkenny as favorites for it
                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I was convinced she'd go over. Just from what they tell you and prepping ourselves mentally for a wait I guess. 'Twas tempting fate with the seminar date alright. I did warn our MD of that 3 months ago. Ah no damage done and Sexton went down very well without me by all accounts.

We're naming the child after her great grandmother and her mothers second name. Claire Louise Kelly. Nothing crazy!
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Congrats V4V!

I'll raise a glass for you tonight when celebrating.

Thesis defence completed today so my masters is officially finished!

2 years of moderate work followed by an absolutely crazy last six weeks.

Now, anything good on tv?

Comment

Congrats Ollie. Wonderful time for you all. Embrace and enjoy it.

Comment

Why doesn't McManaman start for Dublin? Must be fairly sick for him watching someone as average as Dean Rock in ahead of him. He usually plays excellently when brought on so why not start him and scare the bejeesus out of defenders.

Look at the replay last week. Two big hefty Mayo lads have him literally on the touchline and they can't push him out. And they had a couple of goes. He kept his balance, control of the football and his run going. And he had his usual influence on the first game.

Comment

For those of you running a NAS like to pick your brains, bought a Synology NAS a couple months back and am using it for photo storage but also for movies/tv it works fine when at home but if I try to access it to watch outside of house/country it can't really do much as it's not powerful enough, can seem to stream to my phone and use that but I'd like to be able to use my laptop, any ideas on a dedicated NAS powerful enough to transcode 720/1080 movies if needs be my buddy has a HP microserver running FreeNas which seems to be ok I've streamed stuff from his fine in Barcelona but he doesn't really download HD content.
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Because he does so well so consistently when he comes on against tiring opposition.
                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                    Because he does so well so consistently when he comes on against tiring opposition.
                                                    And not so well from the start two, it should be said.

I'd be creaming if he started the final, but he obviously won't

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                      It's a private gym/studio thst we train at so they don't have those sort of rules. In fairness the weights reduced significantly over the last few months and no overhead stuff or anything which might make her faint etc.

Ive little advice to give. Stay at the head and keep calm.
                                                      I had a peak. Things that can't be unseen.
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        What sometimes happens: your parents borrow the money from CU and give it to you. You repay it, but it doesn't show up on your borrowings. Just explain it to the bank as a gift.
                                                        Its called the Head shot my Lester Freeman and is designed to take down crooked politicians.

Thats right a really up to date reference to the wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                          Congrats V4V!

I'll raise a glass for you tonight when celebrating.

Thesis defence completed today so my masters is officially finished!

2 years of moderate work followed by an absolutely crazy last six weeks.

Now, anything good on tv?
                                                          Good work, starting my 2 years on Saturday, I must be crazy

Comment

Congrats Stephen. Thread title granted.

1K pages on this BBV so time to lock her up methinks, new one incoming

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                              Congrats Stephen. Thread title granted.

1K pages on this BBV so time to lock her up methinks, new one incoming
                                                              60 posts per page wanker
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                              X