X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - BabyforV

Slow site response = new thread
    Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 12-04-15, 02:39.

New thread title required obv

Comment

Ooohhhh shiny.

Comment

Go forth and conquer lads. Front page glory!!!
        Last edited by pokerhand; 09-07-14, 08:28.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Worse than those boards cunts. Free the BBV

Comment

Now we know why boards had such a huge problem with us and we were all indignant cos they "took our BBV" LOL

Comment

Calling pokerplumber, I need you to build me one of these

I can't find any soft copper sold like this, all straight so far
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

It just doesn't feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  It just doesn't feel the same.
                  You mean it's kinda like kissing your sister, it seems the same but you just know it's not right

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    Now we know why boards had such a huge problem with us and we were all indignant cos they "took our BBV" LOL
                    Be grand when this place just forgets about boards for once and for all.

Comment

eleven

Comment

I think we should make fancy trousers either change his username to something less misleading or change his real name to something more exotic.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                          It is where we all came from, where I met FD. And I was not saying anything hateful about the place. I am talking about how we didn't believe our thread was a problem and I don't see any problem with mentioning it.

Comment

It is where we all came from, where I met FD
                            Ah that's why you have a grudge against the place. Makes sense

Comment

NEW BBV help!

I am going away with my friend and her kid and Mia from this Sunday till Wed. Would anyone know of anywhere nice near a beach pref wexford/Waterford. home or mobile. Budget of 200 or less if possible?? I wouldnt know where to start looking
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

More or less exactly five years since BBV gate!
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                  Tempus Fugit
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    I had just started using boards just before it happened and there was a lot of activity and suddenly I was like where is everybody gone. I was very into poker back then but now just come on here for daily entertainment. Keep up the good work. New BBV Live long and Prosper.
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      Tempus Fugit
                                      Indeed it does
                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Shiny. Let us all reflect on the plumbing advice in the last post silently.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                        Boards is great. Nothing to do with them paying for my drinks soon >_>
                                        They did shut down my pix of girls thread, which was rapidly approaching 1 million views in record time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Shiny. Let us all reflect on the plumbing advice in the last post silently.

Boards is great. Nothing to do with them paying for my drinks soon >_>
                                          They did shut down my pix of girls thread, which was rapidly approaching 1 million views in record time.
                                          Which thread was that then?

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                            NEW BBV help!

I am going away with my friend and her kid and Mia from this Sunday till Wed. Would anyone know of anywhere nice near a beach pref wexford/Waterford. home or mobile. Budget of 200 or less if possible?? I wouldnt know where to start looking
                                            I know there are holiday homes near Curracloe in Wexford. The filmed Saving Private Ryan there. Amazing beach. Maybe pm Walter Mitty?

Comment

Except the original reason the bbv was binned over there was nothing to do with number of posts. That came up later and appeared a convenient excuse to attempt to gloss over yet another admin fuck up.

Fwiw all threads over there are locked now once they hit 10k posts.

Comment

Which thread was that then?
                                                Oh it was "pwetty girl thread" in the forum about me haha.
                                                It got madly popular and had to be shut down for whatever reasons, jailbait and the like. Can't remember what they said at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                  I know there are holiday homes near Curracloe in Wexford. The filmed Saving Private Ryan there. Amazing beach. Maybe pm Walter Mitty?
                                                  paging WM!!!!
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

NEW BBV help!

Dunmore east your best bet for this. Stay away from Tramore or any of those wexford kips.

Comment

Hotel Curracloe, 220 for mon, tues and wed with breakfast. so thats only 110 each.
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Hotel Curracloe, 220 for mon, tues and wed with breakfast. so thats only 110 each.
                                                          Deal, nice spot with good food. Book it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            14.7 million views of the previous three BBV threads.

41.5 views per post in BBV1
                                                            35.4 views per post in BBV2
                                                            34.5 views per post in BBV3

Good element of consistency in BBV2-3, well done everyone
                                                            There must be a lot of plumberpokers lurking about given those stats.

Comment

University Challenge starting back next Monday night. For those that like it, there was a good program on BBC Mon and Tue night about the selection process for the 28 colleges involved (over 130 apply each year). A kind of X-Factor for nerds Well worth a watch though before next Monday as you got to meet this years teams and find out a bit about them. Probably up on BBC iplayer or usual places.

Called UC - Class of 2014 (two part obv)
                                                              Last edited by careca; 09-07-14, 10:18.

Comment

now things to do for kids around wexford?
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

No family trip to Wexford is complete without a trip to Finkels Snooker Emporium.

Comment

Do they play snooker at all???

Comment

FU AJ

Comment

Pirate's Cove

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                          Calling pokerplumber, I need you to build me one of these

I can't find any soft copper sold like this, all straight so far
                                                                          http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3JjhGF2eKI...0/DSCF1321.JPG
                                                                          You can get 25m coil of 1/2 inch copper in heatmerchants for about E80

Comment

Hmmm, seems someone has booked flights and accommodation to Lanzarote using my email address.

What's good to do in Lanzarote?

Comment

#40
                                                                              No family trip to Wexford is complete without a trip to Finkels Snooker Emporium.
                                                                              I'm barred

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                              Pirate's Cove
                                                                              looks good!
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

#41
                                                                                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                Hmmm, seems someone has booked flights and accommodation to Lanzarote using my email address.

Pirate's Cove

Comment

#42
                                                                                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

What part? any kids going?
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

#43
                                                                                    Watched this documentary at the weekend. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/

Absolutely 100% terrifying.

Maybe the scariest film I've ever seen because it's real.

Comment

#44
                                                                                      Hotel Curracloe is nice, 5 minute walk from beach/entertainment arcade top class food. Defo better than those Waterford cunts, they eat their own down there

Pirates cove amd courtown in general is 20/25 min drive on bad roads unless you come back to the main road and then it's 30/35 min
                                                                                      Last edited by Wesley Harms; 09-07-14, 10:32.

Comment

#45

Pirate's Cove
                                                                                        That's 30-40 minutes drive from Wexford.
                                                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

#46
                                                                                          Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                          http://www.leisuremax.ie

Leisure max is 20 minutes from curracloe minimum

Comment

#47
                                                                                            Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                            Leisure max is 20 minutes from curracloe minimum
                                                                                            Presume she'll have a car.

Nothing even works in that shit arcade in curracloe.
                                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

#48

Comment

#49

There's a fruit machine in Furlongs and pat is always good for a bit of entertainment.

This place is close by http://www.fundays.ie/blackwater-open-farm

Comment

#50
                                                                                                  WWN hitting it out of the park as usual:

MEMBERS of the Croke Park Residents Association, who successfully opposed five consecutive Garth Brooks concerts, were yesterday musing over what other social grievances and injustices they can take on. The committee, who were said to be …
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

#51
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                                    Hotel Curracloe is nice, 5 minute walk from beach/entertainment arcade top class food. Defo better than those Waterford cunts, they eat their own down there

Pirates cove amd courtown in general is 20/25 min drive on bad roads unless you come back to the main road and then it's 30/35 min
                                                                                                    Its great to know there are bargains to be got somewhere. It works out about 18 e per night per person with breakfast for 3 nights, thats unreal and that beach is awesome!
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

#52
                                                                                                      Back late on Monday night from five days in Belgium, four of which were spent at Rock Werchter 2014. An absolutely awesome time was had, the length of the festival and the long days were tough enough on the wife and me, us being the wrong side of 30 after all, but so worth it in the end. We had access to the Rock Werchter Terrace, which was basically the first level of VIP hospitality, for the entire festival as part of our official hotel package, along with a few hundred others - it was a life-saver, wouldn't have lasted the pace without it. It basically was like a refuge in the heart of the madness, chairs and deck chairs both out in the sun and in the shade/under cover for hiding from either the mid-day sun or the occasional torrential downpour on Saturday or Sunday. There was also a massive private bar with better drinks than were available to the masses, a coffee dock, gourmet burger place, secure lockers and private access to the outside world and the coaches that brought us to and from our hotels. Oh, and also loads of fancy toilet facilities, regularly cleaned, which I imagine were a world removed from the portaloos the 'regular' festival goers had to deal with!

No real idea of the amount of our package went towards paying for access to the terrace, which also seemed to host a few hundred low-level VIPs, but whatever it was, it was very well worth it! Would definitely have been happy to pay a few hundred for four day access in hindsight.

The music highlight was definitely a 2.5 hour set by Pearl Jam, Eddie was on fire, the crowd went ballistic and the set-list ruled. Other highlights were Haim, Eels, The Strypes (these young lads can both play and act the part!), The Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Rodrigo Y Gabriella and my almost-as-good-as-Pearl-Jam 2nd favourite, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters. Plant was the only artist, apart from a main headliner, who did an encore, as the crowd went mad for the entirety of the set... they opened with an awesome, amazing version of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and even the most obscure stuff they did was great.

Wasn't particularly impressed with Metallica, had been pretty excited but the crowd wasn't up for it at all, plus they did this 'vote by text on our final song' thing which was a bit lame and seemed like a bit of a money grab.

Already half thinking about going again in 2015 Will defo do a hotel package again if so, too old to go without some comforts for a full weekend!

Comment

#53
                                                                                                        just called the hotel to confirm and was told there is a family night monday and wed, disco for the kids etc. jesus I am delighted with that!! lol
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

#54

Comment

#55
                                                                                                            Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                            WWN hitting it out of the park as usual:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...an-accomplish/
                                                                                                            Constantly impressed with them

The Catholic Church has warmly welcomed news that a number of MPs in Britain were believed to be part of an elaborate and unconscionable paedophile ring during the 70s and beyond. "We waited, waited and waited …

This though is just incredible. It's perfect.

AN incident where a young Irish man began to talk openly about his battle with depression gathered a crowd of zero, causing no commuters to complain about disruption to their daily commute. The outpouring, which mainly …

Comment

#56
                                                                                                              just called the hotel to confirm and was told there is a family night monday and wed, disco for the kids etc. jesus I am delighted with that!! lol
                                                                                                              Curracloe is similar to the Vatican. You should seek out it's leader Pat Furlong, proprietor of the curracloe roadhouse, about 50 yards from the hotel. Nice chipper attached aswell

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                14.7 million views of the previous three BBV threads.

41.5 views per post in BBV1
                                                                                                                35.4 views per post in BBV2
                                                                                                                34.5 views per post in BBV3

Good element of consistency in BBV2-3, well done everyone
                                                                                                                While the lurk element stays consistent the posts per day is in a serious decline

BBV1 Lifespan

BBV2 Lifespan

BBV3 Lifespan

There seems to have been a 21 minute overlap back in 2012 where there was 2 BBVs open at the same time.
                                                                                                                During the overlap DeapParrot was posting this in BBV2

While over in BB3 others had been enjoying this for 16mins

--

GL BB4

Comment

#58

15 small
                                                                                                                  35 big

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                    Summer of 1977 while being subjected to two weeks in a mobile home there, I trolled the absolute crap out of everyone else in that arcade.
                                                                                                                    I used all the money at my disposal (mostly from pwning the pool table and the proceeds from a 2 year old my Uncle was racing that won a couple of times) to take full control of the juke box for more or less every hour the place was open to play on loop the only two tracks on it that weren't utter shite.

DISCLAIMER: The music belongs to its respective owners and is not owned by me in any way.Edit: Over 7,000 views?! How the hell did it jump that high?!?!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                      Back late on Monday night from five days in Belgium, four of which were spent at Rock Werchter 2014. An absolutely awesome time was had, the length of the festival and the long days were tough enough on the wife and me, us being the wrong side of 30 after all, but so worth it in the end. We had access to the Rock Werchter Terrace, which was basically the first level of VIP hospitality, for the entire festival as part of our official hotel package, along with a few hundred others - it was a life-saver, wouldn't have lasted the pace without it. It basically was like a refuge in the heart of the madness, chairs and deck chairs both out in the sun and in the shade/under cover for hiding from either the mid-day sun or the occasional torrential downpour on Saturday or Sunday. There was also a massive private bar with better drinks than were available to the masses, a coffee dock, gourmet burger place, secure lockers and private access to the outside world and the coaches that brought us to and from our hotels. Oh, and also loads of fancy toilet facilities, regularly cleaned, which I imagine were a world removed from the portaloos the 'regular' festival goers had to deal with!

No real idea of the amount of our package went towards paying for access to the terrace, which also seemed to host a few hundred low-level VIPs, but whatever it was, it was very well worth it! Would definitely have been happy to pay a few hundred for four day access in hindsight.

The music highlight was definitely a 2.5 hour set by Pearl Jam, Eddie was on fire, the crowd went ballistic and the set-list ruled. Other highlights were Haim, Eels, The Strypes (these young lads can both play and act the part!), The Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Rodrigo Y Gabriella and my almost-as-good-as-Pearl-Jam 2nd favourite, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters. Plant was the only artist, apart from a main headliner, who did an encore, as the crowd went mad for the entirety of the set... they opened with an awesome, amazing version of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and even the most obscure stuff they did was great.

Wasn't particularly impressed with Metallica, had been pretty excited but the crowd wasn't up for it at all, plus they did this 'vote by text on our final song' thing which was a bit lame and seemed like a bit of a money grab.

Already half thinking about going again in 2015 Will defo do a hotel package again if so, too old to go without some comforts for a full weekend!
                                                                                                                      Slummed it in the main camping area with MrPillowTalk, Gholimoli and some non poker playing friends. Was my second time there and camping facilities definitely better than most places. Might consider the VIP hotel next time - how long was the coach trip? Any craic to be had back at the hotel?

Pearl Jam and Robert Plant were my two favourite sets also. Was my first time seeing Metallica even though been a fan from the beginning, this might of made it seem better to me for nostalgia reasons. They only matched Pearl Jam on their big tracks whereas Pearl Jam were consistently amazing throughout. Royal Blood were my top "new act". Artic Monkeys phoned it in and Black Keys were a little disappointing but it was hammering it down during their set. Kings Of Leon also put in a good show, better than the last time I saw them there.

The clash with Pixies was annoying. As was the fact you could only get one type of beer, coke and water at most of the regular bars. We found a wine bar & jack daniels/mojito bar but too far from stages to use while watching acts.

Still a great festival - probably only going to bettered by the one we are running in a few weeks
                                                                                                                      sigpic
                                                                                                                      www.d4events.com

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                      X