Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct! Only figured that after posting

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      Such a fun day in work today. Shopping centre had a fashion show day with noel Cunningham Tv3 as host. Great crack he was. So my day started and ended as follows

Next... LANCOME counter In boots looking for a model ( obv asked me as they know me and they were clearly very stuck!)to use their products on ie take all my make off using cleansers, serums etc in front of maybe a 100 peeps on that runway yolk. Can't believe how nervous I was

Followed by an awesome surprise from marketing manager of center and a lancome lady. Fucking great days crack. Love the job!

200 quids worth of freebies

SPOILER
      Rape the freebies....

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
        Rape the freebies....

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Someone said there is a two page ad in one of the Sunday papers for this weeks Stars €700k Gtd game in Dublin. Like what randomer is going to read that and turn up with €1100 to The Regency. Seems weird to me

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                Someone said there is a two page ad in one of the Sunday papers for this weeks Stars €700k Gtd game in Dublin. Like what randomer is going to read that and turn up with €1100 to The Regency. Seems weird to me
                There’s a 3 page puff piece in the sindo magazine ,mainly about some poker stars Barcelona event with a little plug for Dublin at the end.usual shite ,new poker boom on the way?

Comment

I can see the door of McSorleys from my window.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    There’s a 3 page puff piece in the sindo magazine ,mainly about some poker stars Barcelona event with a little plug for Dublin at the end.usual shite ,new poker boom on the way?
                    That probably makes more sense alright. Doubt we'll get much of a new poker boom here, no new players really coming into the game and €150 is considered a High Roller game these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      marketing budget has to be spent and if they didn't spew it on what is actually an ad for the online client, they might have had to spend it on players... or hiring a venue that isn't a shitehole
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Can anyone give me cliffs on the whole NFL anthem thing?
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Going to be an interesting finish to the golf. Nobody seems to want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Can anyone give me cliffs on the whole NFL anthem thing?
                            Some black players last year started going down on one knee during the anthem to protest general racism against black people by police and other institutions, then some more started doing it. This weekend Trump tweeted that they were a disgrace and that they should all be fired and fans should boycott or walk out, and loads more are doing it now because he's a cunt.

Comment

Colin Kapernick being the highest profile player. He hasn't been given a roster spot by any NFL team even though he's probably better than a few starters and better than any bench warmer in the league or close to anyway.

The recent comments by Trump may arguably help his case for a roster spot though

Comment

Who is the biggest and or best poker site now anyway?presume Stars is still the leader? Full tilt dead? Partpoker still going?
                                I’m assuming ipoker are gone ,haven’t seen ipoker must die posted here in a while
                                Is online contracting?pokerstars still seem to have money to throw at the likes of Messi and tv adds. They are the only poker site I am really aware of that exists at the moment

Comment

I haven't killed iPoker yet. It seemed the greatest way to do it was leave iPoker to it.

Comment

OG pressing ripMy Heart Beat Like a Hammer 0:00-3:04Merry Go Round 3:04-7:09Long Grey Mare 7:09-9:24Hellhound On My Trail 9:24-11:24Shake Your Moneymaker 11...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      marketing budget has to be spent and if they didn't spew it on what is actually an ad for the online client, they might have had to spend it on players... or hiring a venue that isn't a shitehole
                                      Have to agree. I would be interested in cash or a small tournament but how anyone can bring themselves to enter the Regency is beyond me. I wouldn't go for a 10k stake .

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

new poker boom on the way?
                                          WCOOP Main Event currently ongoing with over 3 hours late reg to go. So far, 1700+ people have stumped up $5.2k to play the $10m gtd event.

I see sluglife has a top 20 stack, with Downtown, Dermot Blain, Cathal Shine, Kevin Killeen, Max Silver, Toby Joyce and Paul Delaney offering up some Irish interest that i recognise

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-09-17, 21:34.

Comment

So basically the game will never be played again.

Comment

The Abatilles was my water of choice on the holidays this year.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The correct outcome should have been that all sparkling water is weird and disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                      The correct outcome should have been that all sparkling water is weird and disgusting.
                                                      Until you move to a hot country...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        Until you move to a hot country...
                                                        How does that make it taste better? I've never liked the taste of sparkling water.

Comment

Was thinking of buying a sodastream but now I'm thinking of putting together a homemade version.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                            I have laughed for 5 minutes straight at this, stole it and shared it on fb as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              How does that make it taste better? I've never liked the taste of sparkling water.
                                                              Because when you get 6 x 2 litre bottles for €2.50, or when you ask for water in restaurants and they bring you sparkling by default, you drink it a lot more and it grows on you. It's also far more refreshing than normal water in 30+ degree heat. I wasn't a fan of it until i moved to Malta but now i'd happily sip through a bottle of it.

Comment

All about the fizzy milk. https://www.joe.ie/news/milk-dairy-products-cows-602127
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Because when you get 6 x 2 litre bottles for €2.50, or when you ask for water in restaurants and they bring you sparkling by default, you drink it a lot more and it grows on you. It's also far more refreshing than normal water in 30+ degree heat. I wasn't a fan of it until i moved to Malta but now i'd happily sip through a bottle of it.
                                                                  Learn to ask for still water before you have to get used to it imo. I'm sure you can get 6 x 2 litres of still water for that cheap too.

Comment

Ze Germans love the sparkling water, even their still water is very heavily influenced by minerals and has a very different taste.I haven't quite adjusted yet

Comment

Jaysus IT was some load of shite. Horror my hole. Was more like a comedy. The search for a good horror goes on. Actually watched It Follows last night and it was half decent. Had a few jumpy moments and it was creepy enough

Comment

Learn to ask for still water before you have to get used to it imo. I'm sure you can get 6 x 2 litres of still water for that cheap too.
                                                                        lol you're awful grumpy since you became a dad, Tom. Try get some more sleep

Comment

I think Stephen Mc Clean had a baby not so long ago...congrats stephen. (just proved my stalker tendencies there lads)

Comment

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

WCOOP Main Event currently ongoing with over 3 hours late reg to go. So far, 1700+ people have stumped up $5.2k to play the $10m gtd event.

I see sluglife has a top 20 stack, with Downtown, Dermot Blain, Cathal Shine, Kevin Killeen, Max Silver, Toby Joyce and Paul Delaney offering up some Irish interest that i recognise
                                                                              Good luck to all.

I would say these types of tours on the Euro circuit will find brexit tough. They usually like the tour to hire their own dealers and bring them...or maybe that's just the EPT.

In other News a party whose members attacked a holocaust memorial said Germans should be more positive about the Holocaust and should be proud of soldiers during ww 2 and called Muslims subhuman just got 13 % of the vote.

Merkel won of course on a pro EU stance favoring further integration.. And Martin Schulz who wants a federal EU ..like tomorrow ...came in a rather respectable second.
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 25-09-17, 02:32.

Comment

I think Germans wisely went for the moderate choice.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  Jaysus IT was some load of shite. Horror my hole. Was more like a comedy. The search for a good horror goes on. Actually watched It Follows last night and it was half decent. Had a few jumpy moments and it was creepy enough
                                                                                  Only ONE man can play pennywise.

Comment

By jaysus ..isildur is back ..#wcoop

Why din ya tell me

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                      I think Germans wisely went for the moderate choice.
                                                                                      Not really. The sight of neo-Nazis in the Bundestag is a sad and frightening one.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Would a boiled egg without the yolk w/ 2 slices of soda bread and a cup of tea (no sugar, slimline milk) be a ‘good’ breakfast? As in.. not make me fat

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          Not really. The sight of neo-Nazis in the Bundestag is a sad and frightening one.
                                                                                          Boom times back in Ireland. Neo-Nazis in the Bundestag. Good to see countries learning from their history.

Comment

Limited number of LCD soundsytem tics just made available. Be quick if a fan

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                              Link to Berlin marathon for anyone interested. World record is on.
                                                                                              Marathons are old hat, friend is running 250km across this desert for 7 days next week. You have to carry your own supplies. If you do the full thing the race is 4 deserts and 1000km.

I find those endurance races really interesting, this was a nice doc about a hard one:
                                                                                              Available now WORLDWIDE: http://www.barkleymovie.comA famous prison escape sparks the idea for a cult-like race that has seen only 10 finishers in its first ...

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                              Would a boiled egg without the yolk w/ 2 slices of soda bread and a cup of tea (no sugar, slimline milk) be a ‘good’ breakfast? As in.. not make me fat
                                                                                              Depends what you eat the rest of the day and how much you should be eating but...

2 x soda bread= 214 + 214 = 428 cals. butter?
                                                                                              egg white = 52 cals
                                                                                              milk 20 cals sugar?

It's at least 500 calories so figure out what else you eat.

Comment

That's democracy I wonder why they got so many votes?

Comment

...

Comment

It’s been coming
                                                                                                    Watched Guess who’s Back at the weekend,few years old German flick about Hitler waking up in modern Berlin and becoming a successful comedian. Bit all over the place but some very funny and dark parts
                                                                                                    Some parts are Borat style travelogue where ordinary Germans praise butler and policies etc

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                      Limited number of LCD soundsytem tics just made available. Be quick if a fan
                                                                                                      Class thanks. Got one.

(looks like I got the adverts one too on Wed, but good to have a back-up!)
                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-09-17, 10:04.

Comment

It’s been coming
                                                                                                        Watched Guess who’s Back at the weekend,few years old German flick about Hitler waking up in modern Berlin and becoming a successful comedian. Bit all over the place but some very funny and dark parts
                                                                                                        Some parts are Borat style travelogue where ordinary Germans praise butler and policies etc

https://youtu.be/ftSksrfzJDk
                                                                                                        I read the book, it was weird I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                          Marathons are old hat, friend is running 250km across this desert for 7 days next week. You have to carry your own supplies. If you do the full thing the race is 4 deserts and 1000km.

I find those endurance races really interesting, this was a nice doc about a hard one:
                                                                                                          Available now WORLDWIDE: http://www.barkleymovie.comA famous prison escape sparks the idea for a cult-like race that has seen only 10 finishers in its first ...

Fair play, that sounds like some test.

That Barkley marathons is some grueller alright, the Netflix doc is brilliant.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            I know a vegan doing it. I can't imagine there's too many Irish vegans running that

Comment

I read the book, it was weird I thought.
                                                                                                              Yeah film is weird enough,good bit of German humour that doesn’t translate ,still worth a watch

Comment

...Ireland's bid for the rugby works cup delivered today...Sounds like an impressive bid, wonder if we are favorites to get it?...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                  ...Ireland's bid for the rugby works cup delivered today...Sounds like an impressive bid, wonder if we are favorites to get it?...
                                                                                                                  Hope so,don’t want to listen to the whinging if we don’t
                                                                                                                  In fairness the other 2 have had their go,seems like a good bid and we will deliver packed stadiums and atmosphere for every game,which S Africa def wont

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                    Ireland - 4/11
                                                                                                                    France - 3/1
                                                                                                                    South Africa - 11/2

Comment

Ireland - 4/11
                                                                                                                      France - 3/1
                                                                                                                      South Africa - 11/2
                                                                                                                      ...Oh wow, that's excellent...Think it would be great for the economy, reckon 450,000 people, that's a huge amount of traffic...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        I know a vegan doing it. I can't imagine there's too many Irish vegans running that
                                                                                                                        There's actually two so it could be unrelated... her sister is too

Comment

Ran 4 marathons back in the day . The recovery is approximately 20 years . FK U anything over 10k. Rookie error on the 1st one , the infamous 'bleeding nipple one. The 2nd one 'the black toenail run' was harrowing. I could feel the blood blister under the nail growing and screaming . I was well prepared for the 3rd one and finished merely incapacitated from tiredness and clap deafness. My final one was perfect. I will not reveal the time as ye will all cry foul. I did however down a bovril in one go and puked it all over St Stephens green 10 seconds later . I got my new walk that day and kept it to this day. Marathons a great day out.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X