I'm losing and I don't even know why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm losing and I don't even know why

This might be a retarded reason to make a thread. I've been playing for almost 2 months now playing mostly sit and go on poker stars. I was doing fine keeping even but lately I've been losing a lot. What's worse is that I don't know if its due to bad luck or just me being bad so I don't know how to fix it.

I don't even know what to fix much less how to fix it.

hot you, its a bad site, too many bad beats, best site 888

Comment

Originally posted by mariaevinne View Post
      This might be a retarded reason to make a thread. I've been playing for almost 2 months now playing mostly sit and go on poker stars. I was doing fine keeping even but lately I've been losing a lot. What's worse is that I don't know if its due to bad luck or just me being bad so I don't know how to fix it.

It can be down to variance, it can be down to less than optimal play. You should post a few hands for discussion. Not ones where you get it in with the better hand and lose, but multi street hands where there are multiple decisions to be made in terms of bets, sizing, etc.

No one can tell you what or if you are doing wrong without knowing more about how you play.

Even just reading through other people's threads can make you think about how you play. Look at the opening post, think about how you'd play it, then read other people's views.

Also, ignore the previous post, it's not at all helpful, as I'm sure you realise.

Comment

Originally posted by arrymyboy View Post
        hot you, its a bad site, too many bad beats, best site 888

Lol

Comment

Sounds like your raises aren't being respected. Have you tried moving up levels?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Tell us about a hand you played where you didn't know what to do.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Winning at online poker is dead hard, probably at least as hard as running a 2.45 marathon. You gotta put in the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                  Winning at online poker is dead hard, probably at least as hard as running a 2.45 marathon. You gotta put in the work.
                  Don't agree, I have made consistent profit for 5 years running and wouldn't put any excessive effort into my game and wouldn't consider myself an excellent player by any means.

Comment

Time of day can make a difference in Pokerstars Sit and go's
                    I notice that in the evenings when there a lots of players its easier, but earlier in the day you tend to have more sharks and less fish, and the game is much tougher.

Try to stick to popular busy times of day, and you should have it easier. when you mention that you were breaking even, and now losing, did you start playing more often earlier in the day?

Comment

Originally posted by mariaevinne View Post

Hi Maria welcome to the forum.
                      Firstly most people don't make anything playing poker it's a past time for fun.

I think we would need a list of hand histories to be able to say anything of worth to you.

How many have you not cashed in or broken even in, in a row? How many have you had without cashing.

I am the same ..i kind of stopped as I wasn't enjoying it anymore. How many have you lost over how many sessions?

If you want you can take a break ..see if you still want to play at all ..then if you decide to come back move down a couple levels. And if you decide to not play anymore ..that's cool too.

If you come back ...invest in something like poker tracker ..pay more attention to who you are playing and track your results with a view to make better decisions.

Comment

Working...
                      X