Live V online Poker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live V online Poker?

I would rate myself as a decent to good level online Poker player, but think that it has got to tough to make a profit from, as the fish have all been swallowed up in recent years and there isn't the poker boom that attracted them years ago.

Being based in the North there are not really any live games to play but I have been thinking off moving into the live field and travelling down south, small stake tournaments mainly £50-100.

I have a few queries, I was wondering if members could help me with.

1) Reading up on the differences between Live and online games, many sites believe that live games are easier, in the players here experience is this true? (the reasoning is that sharks mutli table at lower stakes online, where as live sharks can't multi table so play at a higher level and you are less likely to meet them).

2) Do you get more limpers live, is it more Loose-Passive, and you face random bet sizes (as maths isn't as easy to work out)?

3) More calls on flop/turn rather than folds? Does this make hands like TPTK a stronger hand live?

4) Are tells that prevalent Live, or do most people cover these up ok? I don't mean big tells, but things like calling quickly when on draws but taking more time when has to weight things up/Hollywood?

5) You play with a deeper stack for longer?

Also are there any other difference in play you think would assist me, in moving from online to live?

I guess its slower, but keeping a mental track of players, rather than using a HUD should help stave off boredom, but does it?

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Kingshu; 29-07-17, 17:37.

if you want to make money live you have to play cash. not enough regular tournaments to be bothered with a long format. zzzzzzzzzzz

play against high gambling asians and have the roll to take ridiculous beats on gut shots, flush draws etc that they will hit.

keep playing against them and you should hit a nice profit over the long term.

from experience the juicer games are held back in a chinese restaurant so you want to be invited back to these so you have turn up with a few loose calls yourself not just appearing like a rock.

back in the restaurant you will probably think you are going to get scammed when a shit load of family members appear around the table to observe the poker but the asians are honourable gambling folk and will cook you food and give u wine. then your aim is to take as much cash as possible by playing a solid enough game. be mindful though you want to turn up with garbage too the odd time to repeat this process in future.

cracking aces with 2 garbage cards always draws a good laugh.

hope my advice helps. best of luck at the pokers

Comment

Try The Bridge Club in Banbridge! I'll be going there next month a few nights.

Look them up on facebook for their daily schedule.

Comment

bridge club

Comment

you a member? lol

Comment

Working...
          X