KK SPOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KK SPOT

Above Avg Stack in a $10 F/O. Villan is well stacked playing 37/16/2(ag). His PFR is 14 and I have 60 hands on him.

What to do on the Turn and comments on Pre and Flop Please;

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 30 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

saw flop | saw showdown

MP3 (t9,347)
    CO (t3,216)
    Button (t6,880)
    SB (t35,041)
    Hero (BB) (t10,322)
    UTG (t1,106)
    UTG+1 (t6,139)
    MP1 (t7,510)
    MP2 (t5,839)

Hero's M: 16.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
    6 folds, Button raises to t500, SB calls t375, Hero raises to t2,250, 1 fold, SB calls t1,750

Flop: (t5,270) 9, 8, J (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t2,250, SB calls t2,250

Turn: (t9,770) 3 (2 players)
    SB bets t6,500 .... HERO????
    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Villain cant have had much pre as he just flatted the btn, prob some suited connectors/2gapers/small pairs, playing 37/16 kind of tells us this along with the flat from the btn raise and to flat your 3bet.
    I know its only over 60 hands but it still paints a picture, so if this is the case its not a great flop, its not a great flop anyway for us vs a 37/16.

I bet smaller pre, maybe 1750, I think the cbet is fine as it gives you a chance to get away from it, you still have 20bigs so how horrible it might sound I probably fold, its a lot harder to do it in real time though.

Comment

In she goes for me.

I'd c-bet bigger too on this flop with it being so co-ordinated.

Comment

Thinking a bit more about it, I probably do stick them in, villain is obviously some bit crazy and probably got his stack from hitting some sort of draw playing like this, he probably has something with a 10 in his hand with maybe the A.
        I cant see him having any 2 pairs or set's as he should be jamming your cbet and he probably would jam with a flush draw as well.

Comment

bit less pre ~2k, more on flop, call turn. Stuff that beats us by the turn would have c/r flop a decent % so expecting worse 1P/draws/combos enough to make calling standard.
          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Agree with winning. With the low SPR on the flop he'll c/r all his FD, STR8 draw and combo draws. Imo no FD in his range after flatting, happily getting it in here.

Comment

PM Lappin

Comment

Thanks for the replies -

His bet put me all-in. I took the view at the time that suited cards and gappers were well within his range and there was a good probability I was drawing dead, I also figured a small PP was likely, so I folded.

Probably a bad fold.

Intersting comments about the pre-flop sizing on the one hand and the flop sizing on the other, can these comments be married?

Edit: yes, I see that now
                Last edited by 40something; 16-09-13, 13:33.
                One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                  Thanks for the replies -

His bet put me all-in. I took the view at the time that suited cards and gappers were well within his range and there was a good probability I was drawing dead, I also figured a small PP was likely, so I folded.

Probably a bad fold.

Intersting comments about the pre-flop sizing on the one hand and the flop sizing on the other, can these comments be married?

Edit: yes, I see that now
                  I don't think its that bad of a fold, it's a tricky spot against this villain and a draw heavy board.

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                    Tbh, I don't really mind your sizing here preflop. A 37/16 is going to peel a flop here pretty wide so it's just a matter of us getting more value. We could make it smaller say, if he was less likely to call us and we want to give him is much room to 4-bet as possible.

My c-bet sizing has much more got to do with the wet texture of the flop. Basicially we want to give him as poor a price as possible(while extracting as much value as possible) for his draws. This flop really does smash his range here quite a bit and there isn't too many great turn cards for us so let's charge him well if he wants to chase his draws. It's just a matter of examining the flop texture and then deciding on what to bet. Like say a Q72 rainbow flop would be a fine flop to bet small on even smaller than you have done here just to encourage him to peel turns pretty wide.
                    Last edited by peterswellman; 16-09-13, 15:52.

Comment

Working...
                    X