Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    one of my horses to follow for the season, New Leyf, runs in Kemption tonight. I doubt the 3/1 will be available for long.
    Had him in my horse tracker since u tipped him up way back. Today is his best chance in last 7 or so races.
    11.5 on the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
      Had him in my horse tracker since u tipped him up way back. Today is his best chance in last 7 or so races.
      11.5 on the machine.
      cheers got on at 9/1 with PP

Comment

Dont Tell Mary 4.25 Salisbury - Down to a very decent mark, decent horse on her day and should be fresh after a 2 month break having started the season early. Ran in Group races last season.

Comment

Looking at Leopardstown today, anyone got some pointers here.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
            Looking at Leopardstown today, anyone got some pointers here.
            I think the Dermot Weld horse in the 2.40 is overpriced.

3 out of 3 this year including the Irish 1000 Guineas. Will love the ground and holds a few of these on that Curragh run.

Comment

Famous Name is a good price in the big one imo. Will be doing well to beat the favourite but I give him a good ew chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                I think the Dermot Weld horse in the 2.40 is overpriced.

3 out of 3 this year including the Irish 1000 Guineas. Will love the ground and holds a few of these on that Curragh run.
                I'll be backing Spacious in this. From a trading point of view he should get a soft lead with question marks over Lilly Langtry and Music Show she may pinch it from the front.
                I'll be backing to lay, if Fallon kicks on she will trade at around evens imo.

Comment

Twice Over at evens in PP w/o Rip.

I don't think Famous Name is a true Group 1 horse so it end s up being a match bet to beat Cape Blanco, who won a poor Irish Derby in which the form has been let down by the hoses who finished closest to him, and then he was absolutely murdered by Harbinger at Ascot.

Where as Twice Over has developed into an ultra consistent Group 1 performer who runs his race every time.

I think it looks quite a good even money shot.

Edit: Take it all back after seeing how much the rain has got into the ground, still might happen but i wouldn't be near as confident, all his wins on good or faster
                  Last edited by JackBurton; 04-09-10, 13:46.
                  ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

I'll be backing Spacious in this. From a trading point of view he should get a soft lead with question marks over Lilly Langtry and Music Show she may pinch it from the front.
                    I'll be backing to lay, if Fallon kicks on she will trade at around evens imo.
                    Traded as low as 1.35

Comment

i think a word apart is a good bet today,eagle canyon seems to be his biggest danger but i think he has his mark,just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by liz:) View Post
                        i think a word apart is a good bet today,eagle canyon seems to be his biggest danger but i think he has his mark,just a thought
                        Good selection wd.

Comment

I love betting on Chester racing. It always amazes me despite the very obvious draw bias figures in 5-7 furlong races how bookmakers haven't adjusted enough to make backing low draws unprofitable and ditto to laying high draws. I'll be geting involved in all five 7 furlong races today, Great Charm would probably be my NAP in the 4.15!
                          Last edited by The Situation; 10-09-10, 13:36.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Joshua Tree in the St Leger.
                            Had the 2nd in the national stakes at 22s, Casamento. (beaten a head, 5 lengths to 3rd)
                            Last edited by kincsem; 11-09-10, 14:32.

Comment

I've backed the National Stakes second, Casamento, for next year's English 2000 Guineas, €33 at 36s on Betfair.
                              His sire is Shamardal, winner of 4 x G1, 1 x G2, incl two French Classics.

Comment

Ayr Gold Cup - Saturday 15:20

I seldom bet in handicaps.

27 runners: top weight carries 9-10; bottom weight 9-1

My bets:
                                Win: Barney McGrew 100 €25.71 €2,545.29
                                Place: Barney McGrew 15.1 €10.00 €140.95

He ran in this race last year and was beaten a head.
                                Horses often do well in this race a few times.
                                Last year he carried 9-5, this year 9-5 I think (9-10 less 5lbs apprentice).
                                In his last race he was hammered 11th of 13, but that was a group 1.
                                Before that he was 14th of 15. Drawn 1, winner was drawn 15th; second 16th.
                                He has some terrible form this year, but "sprint handicap form" is an oxymoron imo.

Comment

@ Kincsam, there's no draw bias at York over 5f in the race that he finished 14th so it was a mere coincidence that the two highest draws came 1st and 2nd. He's still prob worth a bet at 100/1 though based on last years form in this!

I like Tallahasse in the fillies race at 2.45. Very impressed with her first two wins both on varying ground. Won her maiden despite a slow start and looking pretty green but overcame this to win comfortably going away. Won her second race making all and led from the front the entire way. Clear signs that she's open to improvement in both races. Step up in class today but definitely worth an EW shot at 10/1 IMO.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                    I seldom bet in handicaps.

27 runners: top weight carries 9-10; bottom weight 9-1

My bets:
                                    Win: Barney McGrew 100 €25.71 €2,545.29
                                    Place: Barney McGrew 15.1 €10.00 €140.95

He ran in this race last year and was beaten a head.
                                    Horses often do well in this race a few times.
                                    Last year he carried 9-5, this year 9-5 I think (9-10 less 5lbs apprentice).
                                    In his last race he was hammered 11th of 13, but that was a group 1.
                                    Before that he was 14th of 15. Drawn 1, winner was drawn 15th; second 16th.
                                    He has some terrible form this year, but "sprint handicap form" is an oxymoron imo.
                                    Sold

Comment

just looking at listowel, mr.clyde and little arrows although little arrows is just about to run.
                                      hes off a lower mark today and blinkers should help the cause. just an idea

Comment

Barney McGrew now trading at 55s. Word must be out that I tipped him.

Comment

<3 Charles Byrnes

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                            <3 Charles Byrnes
                                            He's got Pittoni in the last too. 3.8 on the machine last I checked.

Comment

Getting on Cape Blanco at 11's ew and on the nose in the Arc this afternoon. I've backed him in every race so far, basically because for some reason he's been under-rated and overpriced all year.

I'm aware that 10f is probably his ideal distance so going 12f in testing conditions is a negative but it still doesn't justify the double figure price IMO. Has beaten the very convincing Derby winner Workforce twice this year at 10f and 12f, has two group 1's in his bag beating very stern rivals in very quick times. He also has form on soft so the groud isn't ideal but it will affect others more than him. I think Murtagh has made the wrong choice but the jockey booking is impressive!
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Q for the jump racing experts here. Is Get me out of here not very big at 2's in the 4.10 at Ascot or is he vunerable to less exposed types at his current mark?
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                  Q for the jump racing experts here. Is Get me out of here not very big at 2's in the 4.10 at Ascot or is he vunerable to less exposed types at his current mark?
                                                  I think he's a ridic big price. Potentially he should pick that lot up and carry them around.

If he is to be a champion hurdle horse he will have to be nearly 2 stone better than he is rated

Edit, 2 stone might be a bit of an exaggeration but you get my point
                                                  Last edited by Wesley Harms; 30-10-10, 11:23.

Comment

Personally I think he is a bit too short. Certainly I wouldn't be backing him today, they are not going to give him a very hard race anyway, when obviously he has bigger targets later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      Personally I think he is a bit too short. Certainly I wouldn't be backing him today, they are not going to give him a very hard race anyway, when obviously he has bigger targets later in the season.
                                                      What targets. If he doesn't win today he is going chasing.

Comment

Noel, wanna come out of hibernation for an opinion?
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

If he can't win this off his current mark he has no business going the 2m hurdle route and also connections have the Champion Hurdler.

Comment

Basically everything else he runs in this season. They aren't gonna have him fully tuned up for a £20k handicap hurdle in October, when there is a potentially lucrative season ahead of him.
                                                            Last edited by NewApproach; 30-10-10, 12:04. Reason: spelling

Comment

Basically everything else he runs in this season. They aren't gonna have him fully tuned up for a £20k handicap hurdle in October, when there is a potentially lucrative season ahead of him.
                                                              But if a horse is well in, like this one should be, then he will win.

Denman in the hennessy the first year of 161 comes to mind. If you were backing him on looks that day you would have stayed well away

Comment

But if a horse is well in, like this one should be, then he will win.
                                                                Easy game so.

Comment

Easy game so.
                                                                  Hope so. I'm smashing in

Comment

Hope so. I'm smashing in
                                                                    Well I'm not having a bet in the race so good luck, but if there was one 2/1 shot I was 'smashing into' today, it would definitely be Duc Du Regniege.

Comment

He's been drifting on BF, taking a bit a current price, but a little wary he hasn't been hammered in the market.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

He's been drifting on BF, taking a bit a current price, but a little wary he hasn't been hammered in the market.
                                                                        Arkle Chase here I come imo

Comment

Arkle Chase here I come imo
                                                                          I layed off what I had on him due to some 11th hour devine inspiration.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

One time. The most Ive ever had on a horse and I dont think Im done yet.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_XPH6Eix4[/ame]

Comment

making the trip up to fairyhouse today, any tips? Sizing Mexico- yay or nay?
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                One time. The most Ive ever had on a horse and I dont think Im done yet.
                                                                                One time. 1st American to retire undefeated since Rocky Marciano. Sick I didnt get more on at 7/2. Wish it was over already.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                  One time. 1st American to retire undefeated since Rocky Marciano. Sick I didnt get more on at 7/2. Wish it was over already.
                                                                                  Did he actually open at 7/2?? Don't think I'll be getting on now though. Espoir city at 25/1 could be a nice EW bet.

Uncle Mo is the banker of the festival in the juvenile on saturday at 2/1.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Zenyatta's last run makes her a lay at that price lads.

Comment

Zenyatta's last run makes her a lay at that price lads.
                                                                                      I think it's about right. Wont be laying or backing unless it shortens a bit more. The surface is obv the big doubt as he's pretty improven on dirt. He's won twice on dirt but against vastly inferior opponants, but will have to be every bit as good on this surface as he is on synthetics to win.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                        Did he actually open at 7/2?? Don't think I'll be getting on now though. Espoir city at 25/1 could be a nice EW bet.

Yea, I've a small fortune on between 7/2 and 3/1.

Comment

I think it's about right. Wont be laying or backing unless it shortens a bit more. The surface is obv the big doubt as he's pretty improven on dirt. He's won twice on dirt but against vastly inferior opponants, but will have to be every bit as good on this surface as he is on synthetics to win.
                                                                                          I'd be laying 5/2 and shorter tbh.
                                                                                          I've a bit ew on Blame at 7's. Still 6/1 with VC Bet but omly 4's with Ladbrokes.

Any idea why the market is suspended on the machine and WBX?

Comment

Any idea why the market is suspended on the machine and WBX?
                                                                                            Its not in antepost anymore, look in the US racing section.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                                              I've backed the National Stakes second, Casamento, for next year's English 2000 Guineas, €33 at 36s on Betfair.
                                                                                              His sire is Shamardal, winner of 4 x G1, 1 x G2, incl two French Classics.
                                                                                              horse racing thread... LOVELY!

looks more of a stayer in his style of running but the biggest problem is that he is going to Godolphin for the winter. It used to be believed that if the horses wintered in Dubai they would have an advantage over the others when they came back as the good weather would put them more forward.........but its been the exact opposite for years with the horses taking weeks to come back to themselves.
                                                                                              D15 CASINO, Mulhuddart Village (opp Blanchardstown shopping centre)

Comment

SHE!!!!!

I don't know why this tilts me so much!!

Comment

SHE!!!!!

I don't know why this tilts me so much!!
                                                                                                  I do that a lot even if it's an all fillies race. Actually this extends to all animals.
                                                                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 04-11-10, 15:19.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Midday back into 2.18 after wobbling to 2.42 earlier in the F+M turf.
                                                                                                    Its on in an hour or so come on T.Queally bring it home.

Comment

GL Aya, only bet tonight is Harmonious in that race in the betting W/O fav market at 7/2.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

red desire looks a good e/w bet to nothing
                                                                                                        You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Races worth that money run on a fuckin dog track is embarrassing for racing

Comment

Slightly impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                              Slightly impressive.
                                                                                                              Pretty special alright, 8/1 available in ladbrookes for the Kentucky Derby.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Still trying to work out if I was blessed with my lay of Zenyatta

Comment

Still trying to work out if I was blessed with my lay of Zenyatta
                                                                                                                  I think so, she had an even worse start than usual. Definitely gets theres otherwise.

Am definitely getting on Uncle Mo for the Derby, sensational runs from him and Goldikova.

Comment

whats a billion in the 1st in naas 10/10/10 generally 8/1
                                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

got word for MISSGILONEY in the 12.55 at limerick

Comment

Originally posted by Rattled77 View Post
                                                                                                                        came online at 12.45, saw there was an update post and decided to read the BBV first.

Check this at 12.56

FML
                                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Rattled77 View Post
                                                                                                                          Spotted this before I went out to grab a roll for lunch. Called to the bookies enroute. Had €40 on me for the day. Had a look at the race and was very confident he'd place at least so stuck on €20 e/w @ 9/2. If he'd finished unplaced I'd be going hungry, instead I've lunch paid for, lotto quickpick done and an extra ton in my wallet.

Ty ty
                                                                                                                          You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X