Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He never said it Hitch. It's like how you think he called coronavirus a hoax. It didn't happen.

And you had people, and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis or the white nationalists because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, ok?
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmaZR8E12bs&feature=youtu.be&t=118
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-03-20, 13:04.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Which one of the three things, all of which are pretty unforgiveable and show he's a racist, did he not 'technically' do, and therefore apparently excuses him from everything else?
          Do you consider Obama a racist?

Comment

As was said about Ron De Sanctis, one of the biggest issues regarding Trump is that the racists believe he's a racist.

Comment

Thread is unbearable with the Trump shit

Comment

Tuesday thread.

Comment

Subscribe and 🔔 to the BBC 👉 https://bit.ly/BBCYouTubeSubWatch the BBC first on iPlayer 👉 https://bbc.in/iPlayer-Home Comedy sketch show starring David Mi...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    Thread is unbearable with the Trump shit
                    Additionally grim stuff

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                      Additionally grim stuff
                      Spare a thought for me, if Trump makes it all the way through to November I have to treat Denny to dinner at Shanahans. Sometimes we forget the real victims here.

Imagine sitting there looking at that smirk for three hours.

And paying for it.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Spare a thought for me, if Trump makes it all the way through to November I have to treat Denny to dinner at Shanahans. Sometimes we forget the real victims here.

And paying for it.
                        Sure if he wasn't so pretty I'd have put his account on ignore ages ago.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Business activity has plunged to a record low in the UK, according to a closely watched survey that suggests the coronavirus crisis will result in a “very deep recession”, economists have warned.
                            The UK figures — based on about 85 per cent of the usual monthly survey — were compiled*between March 12 and March 20, before the UK government’s decision to order pubs, restaurants and other leisure businesses
                            FTSE up 5%

Comment

As Leo says, "Not all heroes wear capes". I love the "small business owner" quip too, small business owner meaning majority owner of two Texas radio stations.

I vote Denny defends this guy

Comment

bags denny defending elon

Comment

We could lean in to this and request that Denny passionately defend a new shithead every week. Bags Tim Martin of Weatherspoons next week.
                                  It is reckoned to be the hallmark of a good debater, to be able to eloquently hold forth in defence of something you absolutely do not believe in.

I'm sure Kayroo has some legalistic take on it, in fact I'm sure you must take classes in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    bags denny defending elon
                                    Well I hope he isn't bullshitting this time

Comment

My hopes are fading that golf courses will to be omitted from the additional closures this evening.

I understand it's a non essential business but I believe they have employed some pretty strict guidelines to date and no additional measures are required.

Pity, grand auld stretch in the evenings and all

Comment

I've got a turbo trainer set up as of last week but if they ban cycling five days before the clocks change I'll cry.

Comment

It is reckoned to be the hallmark of a good debater, to be able to eloquently hold forth in defence of something you absolutely do not believe in.

I'm sure Kayroo has some legalistic take on it, in fact I'm sure you must take classes in it?
                                          If you don't understand the opposing view you don't even understand your own. I really enjoy conversations with my brother where we argue against our own beliefs.

Recently a Jordan v Harris debate continuation opened with them attempting to cogently describe the others person stance, I thought that was worthwhile.

Comment

We could lean in to this and request that Denny passionately defend a new shithead every week. Bags Tim Martin of Weatherspoons next week.
                                            Mike Ashley

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                              If you don't understand the opposing view you don't even understand your own. I really enjoy conversations with my brother where we argue against our own beliefs.

Recently a Jordan v Harris debate continuation opened with them attempting to cogently describe the others person stance, I thought that was worthwhile.
                                              Number 1 in Rappaport's rules of argument: "You should attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly, and fairly that your target says, “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”"

Is that a follow on from Dublin? Is it on Harris's podcast? I haven't listened to him in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                My hopes are fading that golf courses will to be omitted from the additional closures this evening.

I understand it's a non essential business but I believe they have employed some pretty strict guidelines to date and no additional measures are required.

Pity, grand auld stretch in the evenings and all
                                                Golf is done , GUI have told NI courses to close, same will happen here

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                  Mike Ashley
                                                  Harvey Weinstein

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                    Golf is done , GUI have told NI courses to close, same will happen here
                                                    Yeah they probably will follow suit. It's a pity as I think my club has handled it pretty well. I'm going to head out in an hour to play 9 holes by myself which is what I've been doing for the past week or so.

They're taking the overly cautious approach which is fair enough but it's one of the lowest risk environments you could be in so a tad frustrating.

Comment

My media mole tells me a "Government press conference" will be going live on telly at 4pm

Comment

Yeah they probably will follow suit. It's a pity as I think my club has handled it pretty well. I'm going to head out in an hour to play 9 holes by myself which is what I've been doing for the past week or so.

They're taking the overly cautious approach which is fair enough but it's one of the lowest risk environments you could be in so a tad frustrating.
                                                        Yeah ours has been decent too. Although I haven’t played.

My brother shut his shop in Howth because the Members weren’t adhering to his signs about social distancing and not dropping in for a chat. He’s living with my folks at the moment so he didn’t want to risk it any longer.
                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          My media mole tells me a "Government press conference" will be going live on telly at 4pm
                                                          I've no idea what this is about but just heard on the radio that the emergency welfare payment has been increased from €203 to €350 so imagine its probably just confirming that.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Harvey Weinstein
                                                                Gerry Adams obv.

Just so we can all witness a Strewly meltdown.

Comment

And paying for it.
                                                                  SPOILER

This is the picture you were looking for. Bania!.

Comment

I'd imagine it's the introduction of lockdown-lite, surely? Going live means something beyond simply good news.
                                                                    Nah. That happens in a prime time slot surely. I dont want to speculate tbh but I think I'm right that's its just confirmation of an emergency funding package of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                      Nah. That happens in a prime time slot surely. I dont want to speculate tbh but I think I'm right that's its just confirmation of an emergency funding package of some sort.
                                                                      A recommendation for non essential business to close maybe. 4pm so there's time to brief staff and secure work places.
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Number 1 in Rappaport's rules of argument: "You should attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly, and fairly that your target says, “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”"

Is that a follow on from Dublin? Is it on Harris's podcast? I haven't listened to him in a while.
                                                                        I can't recall exactly but it was the continuation of one of their live debates, where they had talked, had a break and came back. So they were summarizing the others position from beforehand.

That's funny, I just looked up those rules and they are what I preach to people to do when talking to somebody, it's a nice entwining of psychology/logic. Of course, if you just want to have an argument for the craic don't bother, carpe jugulum.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          A recommendation for non essential business to close maybe. 4pm so there's time to brief staff and secure work places.
                                                                          I dont know. All I was told was "Government Press conference live at 4pm". And dont want to start guessing and then they stop feeding me info lol. Almost 4 now anyway sure.

Comment

dobby confirmed as only person on IPB with actual info

Comment

Some sort of logic class should be taught to kids from an early age.
                                                                              Here's a comic! https://existentialcomics.com/comic/9

Comment

Lol. Might start posting what they send now. That's 5 things they've told me and all been true. Was hesitant to post until confirmed the source was good.

Comment

Ray Darcy said it on the radio a few minutes before he posted it, so hardly a scoop!

Comment

Nostradobus

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                        Ray Darcy said it on the radio a few minutes before he posted it, so hardly a scoop!
                                                                                        I apologise for being a few minutes behind the countries main broadcaster when I'm stuck inside a warehouse in Meath

Comment

I know it's been said before, but it's incredible how well Leo comes across compared to Trump and to a lesser extent Bojo

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                            I know it's been said before, but it's incredible how well Leo comes across compared to Trump and to a lesser extent Bojo
                                                                                            It's a competent adult compared with two immature pre-pubers.

Comment

He has been fantastic thus far.

Quite enjoyed his response to the "full lockdown" question, quickly highlighting how meaningless the term actually is.

Tony Holohan pointing out that the number of contacts per confirmed case dropping from 20 to 5, clear the measures are working.

Comment

Hook the complaints and tears of the anti-Leo brigade to my veins. Sensational performance so far.

Comment

I feel bittersweet watching this, look at this man articulate a plan within 7 mins ( starts at 40 seconds ) Whether you agree or not isn't really the point, he speaks with confidence and his plan is tested and can adhere to questions etc on the fly, this man knows what he is talking about and has the qualities to provide confidence to any viewer, whilst all we every hear about, is the other people and then than that is echoed over and over until you are kind of just sick of it all.

RECAP: Hear remarks by Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy and Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, USACE Commanding General and 54th U.S. Army Chief of Engineers, specif...

Comment

Whoever looks younger, fitter and healthier always comes across better. Macron good, Barrack good Kennedy of old good. Its usually they are all old worn out farts. Varadkars autism pr consultant money well spent.

Comment

How does Zappone's situation work now with her not being re-elected?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                        Whoever looks younger, fitter and healthier always comes across better. Macron good, Barrack good Kennedy of old good. Its usually they are all old worn out farts. Varadkars autism pr consultant money well spent.
                                                                                                        I must have missed Leo mentioning that he thinks drinking bleach might be effective at warding off the Chinese virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          How does Zappone's situation work now with her not being re-elected?
                                                                                                          Everyone who is a minister stays in their role until the new government is confirmed. There's a few other ministers in the same position of no longer being TDs - Regina Doherty, Shane Ross, 'Boxer' Moran. Presumably they wouldn't be able to address the Dail.
                                                                                                          It's curious, I guess.

Comment

Link for info for those who may need it. I know i will, down 80% this week already

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                              Hook the complaints and tears of the anti-Leo brigade to my veins. Sensational performance so far.
                                                                                                              Careful with this, it’s uncut

Comment

Into the Trump, Bojo pot with him

Comment

Ugh. Had to block that gobshite ages ago.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                      https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/...upport-scheme/

Link for info for those who may need it. I know i will, down 80% this week already
                                                                                                                      People will always need to shit, you'll bounce back.

Comment

.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

People will always need to shit, you'll bounce back.
                                                                                                                          It's early days, but I get the impression that only people with children will want to go back to work

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X